Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    That's a 750w :P
    Nice build, plenty of expansion and OC room. But I'd probably start saving for better peripherals (audio/mouse/kb/etc), if you do a ton of gaming then having great peripherals can make a difference :P

Pfffft we don't have time for low-end budget builds like these.

But in all seriousness whoaaaaaaaa yeah I think this is our most extreme build so far. Especially the peripherals, good god, 3x27" 120hz? Would LOVE to see what your desk looks like
    Yes i will take picture of all my stuff on my desk

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Signex View Post
    Hi, i'm new here, i'd like to show my setup.

Case: Corsair Obsidian 800D
    Fans: 2x Corsair AF120's, 3x AF140's
    Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z77
    CPU: Intel i5 3570k 4,2GHz - Corsair H100i Push
    GPU: ASUS GTX 680 DirectCU II OC 2GB
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB / 4x 4GB DIMMs
    SSD: Samsung 840 128GB
    HDD: Western Digital 1TB 7200RPM
    Power Supply: Corsair HX1000W Modular
    Monitor: LG 29EA93-P 2560x1080/75hz
    Speakers: 2x KRK Rokit 6 G2's (AMAZING SPEAKERS!)
    /images
    Cyanotical will be most pleased! He is another KRK Rokit owner, with the 8s and a subwoofer to match.

Also, what is that mouse? O.o
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Also, what is that mouse? O.o
    Looks like a Razer Diamondback/Copperhead
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    So after reading into headphones and that they have better SQ than headsets etc I decided to get me some good headphones
    And seeing as an onboard soundcard is probably not enough, I bought a dedicated soundcard as well.

- Superlux HD 668B, with velour pads (Velour is AWSUM! )
    - Asus Xonar DGX

They sound good, and def better than my headset. Still have to fiddle with settings on my soundcard to get the most out of them in BF3 for instance and I still have to burn the headphones in.

10+ Year Old Account
    From my experience with Xonar cards you pretty much have to customize the EQ to get the most out of it, in my case the "valley" curve since I play a lot of metal/electronic. Left at default (flat) settings my STX sounds like shit, extremely dull and muddy.

My experience is that that was rather the case of my (Sennheiser) headphones rather than sound card. Speakers sound amazing while flat. Headphones as well. But the cans really come to life with a lighter v/m-curve. The speakers get ruined with a curve.

Deleted
    I will fiddle around with the settings a bit Probably will have to make a couple of settings for music/games

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    My experience is that that was rather the case of my (Sennheiser) headphones rather than sound card. Speakers sound amazing while flat. Headphones as well. But the cans really come to life with a lighter v/m-curve. The speakers get ruined with a curve.
    Sennheisers tend to be pretty flat/laid-back by design and need a little boostie in the treble department for those seeking a slightly brighter sound. I've got mine amped slightly (32-64ohm setting) to liven things up, a little amping definitely helps even for low-impedance cans like HD558.

Can't really comment about speakers because I haven't really heard very many flat-response monitors, you're probably right about speakers not needing a curve. The closest thing I have to monitors are Microlab Solo 7c's serving as my stereo home theater speakers powered by an AudioEngine D1 - since it's a driver-free amp there is no EQ to speak of, I simply bump-up the speakers' treble knob a bit and they sound alright.

Meanwhile my PC speakers (Corsair SP2500's) seem to have been built with exploding entire houses in mind -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really ignorant when it comes to EQ's and curves. Good thing the A5's don't require that much tuning to sound good :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    I'm really ignorant when it comes to EQ's and curves. Good thing the A5's don't require that much tuning to sound good :P
    Picture? Not sure I remember what you have... or are you the one with the Adam Audio speakers? In that case, I hate you and hope you die so I can steal them.

No, but seriously, Adam Audio speakers are NICE. They look and sound FANTASTIC.

Never mind, just saw the pic in your sig links to your build, just some Audioengines.

You may continue living! :P
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by Flcrewpolo View Post
    i posted a thread with the build a long time ago but thought i would throw it up here for new people

this was a project i started and never fully finished here is the current parts list which will not match some of the pictures

custom case from mountain mod with custom paint
    psu - seasonic 1250 gold
    mobo - asus maximus iv extreme z
    cpu - i7 2600k - 5.0ghz
    gpu 2x gtx titan
    ram - 64 gigs dom 2166mhz
    hdd - 2x caviar black 1tb in raid 0
    ssd - 2x samsung 840 pro 256g in raid 0
    cooling
    apogee rev 2 cpu block
    black ice 360 rad x2
    12x scythe gentle typhoon fans
    2x scythe 6way fan controller
    5port baybus for light switches
    everything is sleeved
    Out of curiosity, why 64GB of RAM? For my work I used some powerful PC's for video-editing with 16-24GB of high speed RAM. 16GB of RAM already felt like an overkill when working on full HD projects. So I gotta ask, what are you running that is using all that RAM?

I can only think of playing 2 games simultaneously that you both record while editing a full HD movie, that or you are running Norton Anti Virus.

MSI HD 7970 OC 3072MB GDDR5 PCI
    Intel Core i5-3570K
    ASRock Z77 Pro4 Intel Z77
    Samsung Green 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3
    Corsair Obsidian Series 550D PC case
    Samsung 250GB SSD
    Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB

Deleted
    Intel Core i5-3570K
    6GB DDR3
    ASUS HD 7850
    Samsung 500GB SSD

+ X360 .

New PC made (mostly) not done yet, need to get my fan controller, some more fans, a 2nd 760 superclocked, my H100 and some red LEDs to go inside. tho im like 90% done (apart from wireing in my speakers / 2nd monitor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nohara View Post
    Out of curiosity, why 64GB of RAM? For my work I used some powerful PC's for video-editing with 16-24GB of high speed RAM. 16GB of RAM already felt like an overkill when working on full HD projects. So I gotta ask, what are you running that is using all that RAM?

I can only think of playing 2 games simultaneously that you both record while editing a full HD movie, that or you are running Norton Anti Virus.
    Or he's doing real workstation tasks. :P Also, calling out Norton like that is a little unfair, since from what I've heard it isn't quite the same as it was, oh, 5 years ago...
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by Nohara View Post

um mainly cause when i switched my mobo and cpu recently *i posted my old cpu/mobo by mistake my current is 3970x on a asus rampage iv extreme the 2600k is what is pictured*
    but when i switched my cpu/mobo i upgraded my ram at same time and got a steal on 64gigs vs 32gigs both are way overkill but my whole machine is overkill

10+ Year Old Account
    um mainly cause when i switched my mobo and cpu recently *i posted my old cpu/mobo by mistake my current is 3970x on a asus rampage iv extreme the 2600k is what is pictured*
    but when i switched my cpu/mobo i upgraded my ram at same time and got a steal on 64gigs vs 32gigs both are way overkill but my whole machine is overkill
    i was about to comment "you can't have 64GB on a 2600k"

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    i was about to comment "you can't have 64GB on a 2600k"
    yea sandybridge fun huh cyanotical

10+ Year Old Account
    yea sandybridge fun huh cyanotical
    idk if you noticed but SB-E is a whole different animal that SB, about all they really have in common is overclocking procedure, makes me curious about IB-E given that it's getting almost a year and a half of extra dev time over IB, much longer than the 10 months of extra dev time between SB and SB-E

thinking about it, IB cores with HW performance and enterprise L3 and stability, along with rumors of Titan-2 and HD9970, we'll be seeing some pretty awesome setups in this thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mercs213 View Post
    Got a new case, Switch 810. My god I love it.... it's like owning an HDD, then getting an SSD and never wanting to go back. FULL TOWER FTW.

http://i.imgur.com/RzxfoV4.jpg

Build isn't done, have a few things arriving next week to finish up.

- Swiftech MP655
    - Alphacool Repack Dual 5.25" Acrylic Reservoir
    Bleeding the XSPC pump/res. combo is impossible or something (pump is always noisy, slight hum). So I decided to get a new pump and res and will sell off the XSPC combo.
    - PrimoChill PRIMOFLEX™ Advanced LRT™ Elegant White
    - Corsair Air Series SP120 Quiet Edition x 2
    - Swiftech MCR220-QP 2X120mm Radiator
    Sexy! IMO that bottom rad would do better as intake, it will 1) make it positive pressure and 2) uses the cool air directly from outside to keep the rad cool instead of using the warmer air inside the case