Also, to those wishing for demons if this is a water expansion we will almost certainly be going to the Tomb of Sargeras which should be chock-full of demons, and will likely be the catalyst that segues into a Burning Legion expansion afterwards. This expansion could absolutely turn into a Demons vs Azshara debacle in the later patches.

Quote Originally Posted by rat View Post
    I see we're pretending the story hasn't literally been "demons dun it" since Warcraft. Like, the first one. Ever. Up until to TBC.

And despite Yogg-Saron being in Northrend, and that brief bit with Arthas' heart beneath Icecrown Citadel, he had nothing to do with the Scourge unless I'm forgetting something. Actually, demons did that too.

Just because "it's been a while" doesn't mean it hasn't already been overdone. I'm not saying a demon-based expansion would be a bad thing, not at all. In fact, it makes the most sense for it to be the final expansion. Hell, maybe even the final two expansions - an invasion of Azeroth, and a final counterattack on Argus.
    This is so true.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I doubt such a deficiency would be one they'd honor with a mere "objection letter." What would they say? "Hey, you aren't Blizzard. Can you fix that within two months?"
    We have no way of knowing – as I don't believe either of us have that kind of insight into the trademark offices internal protocols. If it were to happen, it wouldn't be the worst case of bureaucratic systematic failings I've witnessed.

And keep in mind that objection letter would go to Blizzard or FRKelly, so they would be free to sit on it and let us stew until a month before Blizzcon. Of course, even if it were a hoax, they could just as easily falsely verify the application as their own if that suited their motives.

Quote Originally Posted by D4NNYB0Y View Post
    Also, to those wishing for demons if this is a water expansion we will almost certainly be going to the Tomb of Sargeras which should be chock-full of demons, and will likely be the catalyst that segues into a Burning Legion expansion afterwards. This expansion could absolutely turn into a Demons vs Azshara debacle in the later patches.
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It has been a while Rat. We've hardly done demons since ever. No Old Gods have been "THEY DID IT" way more then demons.
    Warcraft I (November 23, 1994) - Wrath of the Lich King (November 13, 2008) ~ 14 years

Wrath of the Lich King - next demon-centric expansion (Probably sometime in 2016 or 2017 assuming they're not the focus of the next expansion) ~ 9 years

I don't follow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by taurvanhiel View Post
    We have no way of knowing – as I don't believe either of us have that kind of insight into the trademark offices internal protocols. If it were to happen, it wouldn't be the worst case of bureaucratic systematic failings I've witnessed.

And keep in mind that objection letter would go to Blizzard or FRKelly, so they would be free to sit on it and let us stew until a month before Blizzcon. Of course, even if it were a hoax, they could just as easily falsely verify the application as their own if that suited their motives.
    Again, we can monitor the trademark application's status, and we can get some fairly substantial insight into the examination process by reading various manuals, faqs, and resources online. It's actually pretty transparent so that businesses can easily check up on their claims.

We will know. (We already do.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azreal313 View Post
    This is so true.
    No it's not. Demons barely had anything to do with Wrath. I mean yeah Kil'Jaeden created the Lich King but honestly, nobody would know that if they played Wrath. We only know thanks to outside sources.

Warcraft I (November 23, 1994) - Wrath of the Lich King (November 13, 2008) ~ 14 years

Wrath of the Lich King - next demon-centric expansion (Probably sometime in 2016 or 2017 assuming they're not the focus of the next expansion) ~ 9 years

I don't follow.
    I'm talking in WoW's life time. Essentially Warcraft wasn't about demons. It was only later developed the demons did it(Which isn't bad).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Well. Since the trademark has made it to the Searches Approved category, can we finally say it's NOT fake? Seems pretty damn realm.

No it's not. Demons barely had anything to do with Wrath. I mean yeah Kil'Jaeden created the Lich King but honestly, nobody would know that if they played Wrath. We only know thanks to outside sources.
    I'm pretty sure its stated in-game too. And its a huge plotpoint of Frozen Throne.

You're basically saying the statement is wrong based off general ignorance? Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by D4NNYB0Y View Post
    Actually, we can. We can monitor its progress through the examination process. It's already far enough into the process that they would have checked for fraud; however, if posters are only going to be satisfied after it's explicitly passed every stage of examination we can check for that too, which will come long before publication.
    According to their handy little flowchart (if it's correct) the completion of the examination process leads to either refusal or publication. Also, as I quoted above, discrepancies in the application that, if one of us were handling it, would lead to a quick refusal on grounds of fraud, may be dealt with through a bureaucratic protocol that could leave us guessing.

Until it's published, we can't say for certain that there aren't outstanding discrepancies being subjected to that bureaucratic protocol of the "objection letter" with the two month window of reply.

I'm talking in WoW's life time. Essentially Warcraft wasn't about demons. It was only later developed the demons did it(Which isn't bad).
    Demons have explicitly been the cause of Azeroth's problems since Warcraft I, when Kil'jaeden corrupts the Orcish Horde through Ner'Zhul and Gul'Dan, and by using the blood of Mannoroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    I'm pretty sure its stated in-game too. And its a huge plotpoint of Frozen Throne.

You're basically saying the statement is wrong based off general ignorance? Interesting.
    The Lich King has nothing to do with demons because that story was from the game that World of Warcraft is a spin-off of. That logic is infallible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post

No, it isn't. Nobody knows that Kil'Jaeden created the Lich King. NOBODY on Azeroth knows except us the (Readers). We get nods about Ner'zhul being a shaman("I was once a shaman). I'm pointing out that as far as Wrath concerned. Demons and the Legion were not important or notable despite what you want to believe.

The Lich King has nothing to do with demons because that story was from the game that World of Warcraft is a spin-off of. That logic is infallible.
    In the Wrath Storyline, it had little to do with demons. Overall? Kil'Jaeden created the concept of a Lich King. But we were never told of this ingame. Nobody actually knows.

Demons have explicitly been the cause of Azeroth's problems since Warcraft I, when Kil'jaeden corrupts the Orcish Horde through Ner'Zhul and Gul'Dan, and by using the blood of Mannoroth.
    Yes but when you played Warcraft I, it was mostly about crazed angry orcs invading a human kingdom. Obviously when the story got more detailed demons did cause a lot of problems on Azeroth, especially Warcraft III. In WoW's span of time, only until BC did we deal with them and even then it was mostly Illidan and his forces and not really the Burning Legion(Sunwell patch HUZZZAH!). After that it was all done. Sure Mal'ganis started crapp, Varimathas did a coup at Undercity which to this day I have to wonder why Sylvanas gave so much power to a DREAD LORD.

After Mal'ganis. Demons were a afterthought. Yeah that Satyr guy in Cata who uses you mentioned stuff about the Legion but it was hardly much. Old Gods stared at your soul and said "WE DID IT. GO INSANE BROS, HOES. GO INSANE!!!"

MoP time. "Demons? What are demons?"

I'll give you the RTS have a lot to do with teh demons.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2013-08-18 at 05:49 AM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    Well. Since the trademark has made it to the Searches Approved category, can we finally say it's NOT fake? Seems pretty damn realm.
    Pretty much.

I think the time is now to think of what features this expansion will have.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    Pretty neat. Can we confirm this trademark has actually been filed and isn't just an application like, presumably, the other one was? Although now it's all but guaranteed to be legit. One grand troll I could see, but multiples?
    In what, August of '09 a patch went out that had some updates for Hallow's End, within it there were two new masks, a goblin mask and a worgen mask. At that point people were like, "Well it's confirmed, next two races are going to be worgen and goblins." Like not even two days afterwards Blizz quickly put out a patch that added three other races to try and misdirect people from the truth. I don't think the application in the past was illegitimate, I think the sudden press knee jerk after the fact was probably something to do with Blizz's manipulation. They may not have had someone say, "hey listen you need to misdirect the community." they may have just been an anonymous source that said, "hey look what I can do, so see that Dark Below stuff is totally fake." I mean I know Blizzard wants to surprise the community with their xpack announcements at Blizzcon this year, and make everyone go, "oooooo, aaaaaah" buuuuuut, as Teriz pointed out. So long as they trade mark months ahead of the announcement or do it all under their own name rather than under a child company and then transfer it to themselves, it's not going to happen.
    What are you willing to sacrifice?

Quote Originally Posted by Azreal313 View Post
    "My steak has nothing to do with killing cows, because I bought it already packaged in a market."

According to their handy little flowchart (if it's correct) the completion of the examination process leads to either refusal or publication. Also, as I quoted above, discrepancies in the application that, if one of us were handling it, would lead to a quick refusal on grounds of fraud, may be dealt with through a bureaucratic protocol that could leave us guessing.

Until it's published, we can't say for certain that there aren't outstanding discrepancies being subjected to that bureaucratic protocol of the "objection letter" with the two month window of reply.
    It can be rejected at any time in the application process; however, if it is a hoax they would have verified application information and rejected it long before publication. In fact, they would have already verified said information and got in touch with frkelly. So no, we will know long before publication if this is a hoax or not based upon falsified information. If it is rejected later, it will be for a reason other than that it is a hoax.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    Yes, we can, but people like to cling to false hopes.

If it has passed Searches, the application has been accepted and checked for fraud:

http://oami.europa.eu/ows/rw/pages/C...gProcess.en.do

- - - Updated - - -

Checking for fraud is one of the *first* things they do btw, not the last. It has already passed three stages of examination.
    Last edited by D4NNYB0Y; 2013-08-18 at 05:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, we can, but people like to cling to false hopes.

Just to clarify I hope you aren't implying I don't like an Azshara arc.

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    The reason why the Old Gods are so prevalent is that they are essentially the main antagonists of the entire of Warcraft. Every big event in the history of the planet, they had a hand in. Why is that bad? Azeroth is an extremely corrupted place thanks to these beings, and going down below to their very domain is exciting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasere View Post
    The reason why the Old Gods are so prevalent is that they are essentially the main antagonists of the entire of Warcraft. Every big event in the history of the planet, they had a hand in. Why is that bad? Azeroth is an extremely corrupted place thanks to these beings, and going down below to their very domain is exciting.
    It's annoying as hell. I don't mind them being whispers and what not but being in the race's origins andwhat not and doing every little thing, gets tiring. That doesn't stop me from enjoying going to fight Azshara.

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    I've no good reason to believe they'd actually do something like that.

Taking a quick look at the actual form, I don't know if everything that would need to be on it would be a matter of "public record," ESPECIALLY the signature portion and financial information needed to be reported with the forms. What is quite clear, however, is that someone attempting to hoax this would probably find themselves in quite a bit of trouble, under either misrepresentation, forgery, or some degree of fraud depending on the financial avenue they "intended" to take, if not all three.

It'd also be quite the strange coincidence for the application to be logged on the EXACT same day as that of Reaper of Souls, which we know is legit.

As for Blizzard "just sitting on it," they might find THEMSELVES in some trouble for knowingly sitting on a false application, especially if they draw out the deadlines because of it... and FRKelly, who I'm assuming have no stake in "maintaining an air of secrecy" for some video game would probably shoot that down right there, as they're the designated representatives between Blizzard and the OHIM, and who were listed on the application, fake or not. And Blizzard falsely verifying the document? They'd be forced to pay the fee, then, and ACTUALLY get FRKelly officially involved in the process, both of which cost money. Furthermore, you can't push a trademark through without the actual intent of using it. I don't see Blizzard doing either of those things if some random guy did indeed submit this to troll people.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-08-18 at 06:10 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.