Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo Baggins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala
    Since I had tons of fun in all 4 expansions (yes even Cata), I can't wait for the next one.
    You have completely unvalidated yourself.
    Some random forum guy I don't know doesn't believe in the validity of my PERSONAL OPINION.

AMAGAWD go to Red Alert!

On a more serious note:
    Yes I did have fun in Cata.
    Granted, Dragon Soul wasn't Blizzards best raiding Tier, but both Firelands and the T11 raids were well done and proved to be entertaining to me and my 25man raid.

I also very much enjoyed Vashj'ir as a zone and the initial difficulty of the first batch of heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by blizzardnonentertainment View Post
    The majority of people who played since tbc or earlier agree that TBC was the golden era of WoW. Do you still think blizzard can make The Dark Below atleast nearly as good as TBC? Since Wotlk the number of subscribers is in steady decline. This is due to many reasons but one of them if not the most important is that the game simply keeps getting worse.

The sub numbers are already at quite a very low point. Now if TDB will be similarly bad to MOP it might be the downfall of WoW forever.

So do you think Blizzard will do their best this time and make and awesome expansion to try to raise the subs number as much as possible? Or do they just dont care anymore and are happy with current number of subs ?
    Using words like "most people" and "very low" to support your argument makes it fallacious and to be honest completely wrong. "Most people" do not think that TBC was any kind of golden age whatsoever. I didn't enjoy BC. It had problems ranging from leveling gear making you look like a walking rainbow right on up to attuning to an attunement for an attunement to a dungeon to attune for a raid and no matter how much you want to harp on about attunements being interesting and "difficult" they just aren't, all they are is time consuming and every time I attune a new 90 to solo BWL I'm reminded of that fact.

I've been playing this game for going on 9 years now, through every expansion and I can say in all honesty that the expansion I had the most fun in was Wrath, but I'm not too nostalgic to realise that MoP is the best this game has EVER been. You all look at TBC and say it was the best because the content was hard, and then you say the heroic raiding doesn't count but never explain why. In TBC, if you were a hybrid, you healed. If you were a lucky hybrid, you might have got to DPS, but it was an off-spec and most of the time didn't work properly. In TBC, hunters were still missing 20% of the bag space everyone else got, and you still had to stock up on arrows every raid. In TBC, it took an hour to get a group together to go wipe on Mech/Arc/Bot for the rest of the night. In TBC, I was 14 years old and I still raided everything up to and including SSC and TK, so it clearly wasn't as hard as you think.

The fact is, WoW's subs won't go over 10m again barring a massive overhaul of the engine. As has been mentioned before, this game has been around almost 10 years. If it's never piqued your interest before, it probably won't regardless of what content the new expansions bring. Think about it - most CoD game's multiplayer completely dies every year, when the new CoD comes out and everyone jumps on that bandwagon. For World of Warcraft to have retained over SEVEN MILLION paying players this far into it's lifecycle is nothing short of amazing and probably a feat that will never be repeated again in an MMO.

Deleted
    Blizzard should get rid of LFR and make the 5 man dungeons BC like that would solve a lot of problem.

Deleted
    Besides the fluke that the end of Cataclysm was they've been upping the quality of their expansions and raids quite steadily so, yea, I don't know the future but as long as they stick to the course it should be fine.

WotLK was the Golden Era of WoW, and its best expansion.

I've played since 2005 and I think Wrath of the Lich King was the Golden Age of WoW. TBC didn't suck balls, it was actually really good, but WotLK improved on it even more.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say they have more new features they can add for TDB than what they can add with Argus (AKA BC2).

Of course they have to commit to making a good expansion. If they're more interested in just pumping out raids, it'll flop.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    Ok "Blizzardnonentertainment" what would make the game better for you because everything aside from dailies in MOP I have really enjoyed. If they can replicate the fun of MOP but have a better alternative to daily quests at launch then I will be happy.
    ^This a million times, I too think MoP was a great experience, enjoyed it a lot and will continue to enjoy it. MoP restored my hopes for WoW to be cool again, let's hope they'd continue to offer us the same quality of content for the next xpac. I really think the next xpac would be even more awesome. They're doing a fine job my only problem with it is the mandatory dailies to earn charms. Let's hope places like timeless isles will address a lot of these concerns.

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth."

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceethemage View Post
    I honestly miss TBC I had felt like I earned my gear, and was proud to wear it.
    Aye, I agree with you. Blizzard would have to go back to that to get the same effect TBC had on players.

AKA, not going to happen.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    I've played since 2005 and I think Wrath of the Lich King was the Golden Age of WoW. TBC didn't suck balls, it was actually really good, but WotLK improved on it even more.
    Recycled Naxx, this terrible circle raid with spawned bosses was better than Serpentshrine, The Eye, Hyjal and Black Temple?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Master View Post
    Recycled Naxx, this terrible circle raid with spawned bosses was better than Serpentshrine, The Eye, Hyjal and Black Temple?
    You conveniently left out Ulduar and ICC? XD
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

I thought MoP was amazing. And the first time I've been reinvested in the game since the Burning Crusade.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I thought MoP was amazing. And the first time I've been reinvested in the game since the Burning Crusade.
    What do you like more. The Pandaland with the fatass pandas or the Asia-Bullshit all over the place? Or was it the 24/7 Daily-Quest Grind, maybe the Farmville Zone or the fact that you don't have to do anything for your wellfare-epics?

I don't think it will ever have the amount of players it once did, no matter what they do. The game's past its prime, and most people who would've played it already have. But, I don't really care about how many people play, so I don't agree with using that as a way to judge when the game was best. However, I've found myself liking the game less as time goes on, and I expect that trend to continue.

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you like more. The Pandaland with the fatass pandas or the Asia-Bullshit all over the place? Or was it the 24/7 Daily-Quest Grind, maybe the Farmville Zone or the fact that you don't have to do anything for your wellfare-epics?
    All of the above. And in TBC I didn't like:
    - The lack of dual spec,
    - The impossibility as healer to kill a mob (until the patch that gave us SP equal to 1/3 +heal)
    - The lack of AOE heals for my healing spec and generally having 2 buttons to heal with (plus the downranks, but that really was important in SWP)
    - The totally borked specs and rotations (hi enhance shaman or destro warlock with 1 or 2 buttons)
    - The stupid manually based dungeon queuses (yay, 30 min to get 3 goddamn DPSers on a med-pop realm)
    - The tiered structure raiding leading to massive guild poaching and quitting/PCTing if you wanted to progress (I did it three times and I'm not proud of it by any means),
    - The chain manapot chugging
    - And a lot of other things I cba listing here.
    MMO player

I enjoyed the pan-Asian theme. It was refreshing from the same old undead, demons, and dragons we've seen since vanilla. Daily quests were a little excessive, but overall it wasn't the worse grind I've had in WoW. Certanily no more annoying than attunements or farming resist gear in vanilla. And I found WotLK to be far more generous with "welfare epics" (where the name started btw).

Glad to see you loved MoP too.

Players demand things be accomplished in their short "casual" time frame yet are upset when they find nothing doing or worth doing (Normal/Heroic or anything that requires thought).

Once Blizzard can tell their playerbase to toss themselves off then I think they can make a good game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSteveBrule View Post
    Once Blizzard can tell their playerbase to toss themselves off then I think they can make a good game.
    Do you even realize how absurd that sentence is?
    MMO player

Oh we got a racist over here. Nice!

What you need to learn is that people have different opinions than yours. I understand that you don't like MoP. The same way you need to get through your thick skull that many people actually fucking liked it.

While i understand many people did enjoy MOP. THe subscribtion numbers speak for itself. Generally the expansion wasnt accepted well.
    The players that post here are the one that simply enjoy the game even when its not so good anymore but you have to look at the bigger picture.
    The players that post here are the one that simply enjoy the game even when its not so good anymore
    That's so far from the truth that it hurts to read.

Unless you actually have proof that the majority of people think MoP was worse and that the primary reason for subs dropping was because of that; your words hold no actual weight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.