Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    So is experimenting on Forsaken or animals.
    The last one we even do in the real world, does that make us evil?
    Humans ~ parasites. We use other lifeforms till they are useful, and then get rid of them.
    Many would say that it isn't evil, as the importance of the lives of animals is less than that of humans. (How surprising coming from humans...) But by other standards it is considerable evil. And for some Forsaken, experimenting on humans isn't evil, as it is for the greater good...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Guess we should be killing Vol'jin, Baine, and Lor'themar then. Damn traitors.
    Or Garrosh. :3
    I vote for he, as the others didn't turned against me, but Garrosh did.

Quote Originally Posted by Varulv View Post
    All I am saying is - Sylvanas is the better villain, there are sides and aspects of her story that many people appreciate. I can't see why anyone would like Garrosh as one, but then again.. each to their own.

I don't particularly like Garrosh, but I can sympathize with him more than I do a pure monster like Sylvanas, at least Garrosh seems to genuinely believe what he is doing is for the betterment of the Orcish race.

Sylvanas's story should have ended in Wrath when she actually had a purpose beyond continuing to live out of fear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Umm...lets not forget that Sylvanas was also toying with the blood of the Old Gods and even killed her own kind to get it back in her possession http://www.wowhead.com/item=3711

She's every bit as bad as Garrosh, if not even worse. At least he's not deceptive about his true intentions.
    I think her deceptiveness is actually the reason she works.

She doesn't drives attention to herself, unless Garrosh that makes himself the biggest target out there.

She is manipulative, smarter, she knows when to strike and when to fold. She knows what needs to be done in the open and what needs to be done in secret, She knows how to play.

She might end up in a gutter, but she has been a delightful anti-villain all the way thorough; going from fueled by only revenge to now fearing obvlibion, she is one of the most dynamic and unpredictable adversaries.

Also she isn't racist; if anything, she is egalitarian, ready to add her fallen enemies to her own forces.

10+ Year Old Account
    Simple fact that sylvanas hasn't tried to assassinate us yet?
    Aye mate

you will have your reasons to hate Sylvanas if she find out what Tirion did with the helm of domination

Quote Originally Posted by Sanlayn666 View Post
    you will have your reasons to hate Sylvanas if she find out what Tirion did with the helm of domination
    She already knows.

Because Garrosh is ugly and Sylvanas is, umm, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivion View Post
    So, what I've gotten from this thread is threefold.

Sylvanas is hot, therefore she's automatically cool, a notion so childish that I shouldn't have to dignify it with any kind of rebuttal.
    I almost stopped reading here because you're patently ignoring the wide swath of people who do, in fact, base the majority of their decisions upon appearance and/or sex-appeal. If these people did not exist then the adage "Sex sells" would not have reached that status. I'm glad I did not because...

Quote Originally Posted by Ivion View Post
    The final thing I've come to realize, is that people don't know who Sylvanas is. You think she cares an iota about the Forsaken? Never. Not from their first day of freedom, to now. She views the Forsaken as her own personal cannon fodder. They exist to serve her whim, they exist to protect her. She doesn't give half a crap about the 'rights' of the Forsaken, how Lordaeron was once their home. She doesn't care about them finding their place in the world. She cares about her army. You think she cares about the Blood Elves? Of course not, because she asks to raise them up as her own Forsaken when they die, to the point where Lor'themar, her former second in command basically tells her that he'll kill her if she tries it.
    Sylvanas is now a character, driven by fear. When she killed herself at Icecrown, she went to the Void, or, Hell if you prefer. She saw torment, agony, pain, all that jazz. And then the Val'kyr pulled her out. Her every action now, is driven with the goal of avoiding going back to Hell for as long as possible. Her selfishness is beyond legendary, she is raising corpses out of the ground to serve as, in her own words 'my arrows against oblivion', with no care to their mental state. It's pretty clear that, by the Western Plaguelands, newly raised Forsaken don't have free will (they get raised up and immediately shrug and say "For the Horde", despite fighting the Horde just seconds ago). Her endgame is to keep herself 'alive' as long as she possibly can, and to do that, she rips people who may have been in paradise back into the world, shoved into a rotting body and forced onto the front lines to serve her twisted immortality.
    THAT is Sylvanas Windrunner. Give up your foolish notions of a loving being who treats the Forsaken like her children and still harbors warmth for her Blood Elven neighbors. Give up your image of someone who has the best interests of literally anyone beyond herself.
    That is Sylvanas Windrunner.
    And I personally can't wait to send her back to the void.
    I fucking love every word of that bit. ESPECIALLY the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    It is when it falls under medical torture.
    It's called vivisection and yes, it was made illegal to even practice it on animals in many countries.

People like her better because despite being fairly evil, she's at least clever about it, rather than being a terribly predictable 'me smash' character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Garrosh's head is ridiculously small.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    They have their own Necropolis. They didn't steal it from anyone like the Forsaken did.
    Spoken like Alliance, Just because they are rotting doesn't make then Loderanians... yeah
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

For me, Sylvanas is more of an original Warcraft character. Garrosh is more of just a WoW character.

I really dig the classic Warcraft stuff from the RTS games.

Garrosh has tried to kill me several times.

That's pretty much the main reason.
    Last edited by Martymark; 2013-12-22 at 07:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    I think her deceptiveness is actually the reason she works.

She doesn't drives attention to herself, unless Garrosh that makes himself the biggest target out there.

She is manipulative, smarter, she knows when to strike and when to fold. She knows what needs to be done in the open and what needs to be done in secret, She knows how to play.

She might end up in a gutter, but she has been a delightful anti-villain all the way thorough; going from fueled by only revenge to now fearing obvlibion, she is one of the most dynamic and unpredictable adversaries.

Also she isn't racist; if anything, she is egalitarian, ready to add her fallen enemies to her own forces.
    Yup. I'm not saying she doesn't do a more effective job than Garrosh. I'm just saying at the end of the day, she's just as bad as him. Perhaps worse. She's even more self-preserving and self-motivated. I don't think there's a single person she wouldn't use to further her own ends.

Garrosh at least has some basic, arguable severely misguided but altruistic motivation towards Orcs that fuels his racism. It remains to be seen if Sylvanas gives any shits about the Forsaken or her former brethren, the Blood Elves.

Because Garrosh is an aggressive moron who eventually got turned into a villain, versus Sylvanas who is devious and morally ambiguous.

It's harder to sympathise with a stupid character, versus one that is much more complex. Not to mention Sylvanas has background in the RTS series. Also, Garrosh's characterisation and writing has been all over the place and sometimes wildly inconsistent, depending on the writers. Sylvanas on the other hand has been pretty consistent.

P.S. Don't really know what you're talking about anyway, I'm surprised to see how many people on the forums hate Sylvanas. And shocked to see that some people (anyone really) like Garrosh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tit-ays!

Okay but seriously she's far more subtle than Garrosh about her dickishness. People are usually down with a smart villain, and she's playing a longer game than Garrosh who wants POWER NOW. NOW. ME WANT. GRRR.

Sylvanas is biding her time, growing her forces, using the Valkyr and bolstering forsaken defences on every front, she's got most of north EK wrapped up so far.
    Until she displays some more bold moves, people can't really pick out any of her flaws.

Having a hot bod doesn't really hurt her either.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Both a testament of blizzard being incapable of creating well written villain. Then again since blizzard wants to keep sylvanas they didnt made her go full retard (only half retard at best), while garrosh can be summed by "im evul". I still like garry more tho.
    Really?

Arthas have pity on your soul...

Quote Originally Posted by markus0i View Post
    Sylvanas has never betrayed my Forsaken character and I believe she will protect him and fight for his race in the future.
    Yeah, I loyally serve my Dark Lady through thick and thin, and she has my back. Er, my spine :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sajin0084 View Post
    Really?

Arthas have pity on your soul...
    Controversial statement: I actually didn't like Arthas much as a character in Warcraft III! Though the Lich King eventually did some good Darth Vadering in Wrath.

But the guy you're responding to is totally wrong, of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Yeah, I loyally serve my Dark Lady through thick and thin, and she has my back. Er, my spine :P

- - - Updated - - -

Controversial statement: I actually didn't like Arthas much as a character in Warcraft III! Though the Lich King eventually did some good Darth Vadering in Wrath.

But the guy you're responding to is totally wrong, of course.
    If anything I think that blizz's strongest point is making villains. if you mention any blizzard game a villain will probably pop into your mind before a hero. The best part about them is that they don't normally start out evil (diablo and co excluded). They are characters who have to make tough decisions and those decisions play on their mind.

Also I agree about Garosh.
    Last edited by sajin0084; 2013-08-19 at 04:05 AM.