Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blizzardnonentertainment View Post
    The majority of people who played since tbc or earlier agree that TBC was the golden era of WoW.
    False.

(1) The majority of hardcores and wannabes who started LK or later "agree" that BC was WoW's golden era.
    (2) The vast majority of WoW players agree that the best expansion was WOTLK. Since MOP launch, not a single poll on any third-party forum has reached a different conclusion, including here.
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    The Draenei are Indian, not russian... Look at the turbans, their religion, the elekks and the fact that they are all blue
    Their accents certainly aren't Indian, they are Russian. Draenei have a bit of a culture identity crysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Their accents certainly aren't Indian, they are Russian. Draenei have a bit of a culture identity crysis.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuW53xh-gj8

Seems relevant...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcanasm View Post
    False.

(1) The majority of hardcores and wannabes who started LK or later "agree" that BC was WoW's golden era.
    (2) The vast majority of WoW players agree that the best expansion was WOTLK. Since MOP launch, not a single poll on any third-party forum has reached a different conclusion, including here.
    Except polls mean nothing when sub numbers speak for themselves

You will never see an expansion like TBC again. Those days are over. Stop hoping or speculating too much because you will only be disappointed.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by El Plastico View Post
    I laugh at the idea the sales and subs don't matter. People buy things and stay subbed to things because they like them. When something isn't offering the value it used to you quit buying it.
    And I laugh at your posts honestly. Of course they MATTER duuhh... But they don't measure quality. They measure popularity... It's really not that hard to grasp, though then again you kinda seem to think it is... I know a lot of people who play the game because their friends or family play it, they aren't really that fond of the game - they just enjoy the social aspect. Again, the World isn't as Black and White as you want it to be.
    Last edited by Venziir; 2013-08-19 at 07:44 AM.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I never experienced Vanilla, I started playing towards the end of TBC. I think people call that the golden age of WoW because things hadn't been 'ruined' at that point and the game was still fresh. I've played avidly since then and I have to say, MoP is the best. WotLK used to be my favourite but MoP, surprisingly, has blown it out of the water. It wins in every way except as far as villains are concerned. I'm more interested in a boss who hates everyone rather than a factional thing, but Horde v Alliance has been there since the beginning of World of Warcraft. It's not as if WoW is fully booked with villains waiting in line for their turn to be destroyed by adventurers.

When I first saw the announcement for Cata, I was so excited, but it was really, really dull - for me, at least. When MoP was announced I almost stopped playing because it looked so stupid. It's what keeps me playing now. It's rejuvinated my love for the game, and I have a queue of about 4 level 85s waiting to get out to Pandaria, one at a time, and despite doing it 3 times already, I still look forward to getting out there.

WoW still make good expansions. It's a matter of opinion, and while some people say MoP was terrible, I whole-heartedly disagree. Just like some people might disagree with my opinion towards Cataclysm. Opinions are not facts, and Blizzard have every right to go in the direction they want with WoW. We are their customers, yes, but they are its creators, and they have a direction they want to take the story. They likely already know how WoW will end, but they're having fun with getting there, and so they should. Yes, without us, WoW is nothing, but they own it, and I believe they have the right to creative freedom over it, and I won't challenge that.

Also, one of the big reasons Cata was bad was because they redesigned 1-60, which is a lot of work, and I think we can all agree that it's not gone by unappreciated while we were levelling our Goblins and Worgen. That was a whole lot of new content.

I am keen to see what the next expansion will be, and whether it will be as good as - if not better than - MoP, but one thing is for certain: I will not be basing anything on my first impressions. I got those wrong over the last 2 expansions, and when Wrath was released, I'd still not really figured out the game enough to say it whether the expansion was good or bad. It was only when Cataclysm came along that I could judge a little better.

Either way, I do have faith, unless they decide to redesign 60-70 along with new content in this expansion.

Shyama

Book One of The Devoted Trilogy: The Zi'veyn
    Etsy Shop: Wildlife & Gamer Jewellery

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Eh, perhaps they sound a bit russian, they are though basically Space-traveling indians with hooves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    It was patch 2.4 (Sunwell) that introduced a lot of Gear available for badges. It's what got this terminology really flying.
    I suspect quite a few of the asshole hypocrite developers regret that implementation immensely...
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endre View Post
    WotLK was the best expansion and the Golden Era of WoW, but MoP is actually quite cool, I like it! But, want to see the next expansion and I hope it's as awesome as WotLK was!
    Agreed. The zones, music, storyline, the involment and interaction, the sense of actual purpose and reason, the sense of adventure, dalaran, the raids/instances, npcs. wotlk hit the nail on the head. everything about it gelled and flowed extremely well. that was the golden era and highlight of wow to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    And I laugh at your posts honestly. Of course they MATTER duuhh... But they don't measure quality. They measure popularity... It's really not that hard to grasp, though then again you kinda seem to think it is...
    It's still the best indication we have. But I guess you have to grasp on to everything there is to keep defending your favorite game while subs are dropping this fast .

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Yeah but he'd still have to pay for the waffles up front before he eats them for the analogy to work!

That's the thing with sub based MMOs, you're incentivised to play it a lot to get your money's worth.
    Well it is somebody else's analogy I was replying to. Anyway who doesn't pay for food before they eat it?

That aside, the price for me personally isn't the issue. If it's fun I pay, if it's not I don't.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    It's still the best indication we have. But I guess you have to grasp on to everything there is to keep defending your favorite game while subs are dropping this fast .
    Awwww, that's cute... WoW is not my favourite game, I didn't do favourites - too many great things in this world. Besides, I'm not defending anything but the concept of logic and reason and common sense. And nope, it still only measures popularity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    I suspect quite a few of the asshole hypocrite developers regret that implementation immensely...
    Eh perhaps, though 2.4 wasn't the "dawn of the welfare epic" as such, all of TBC was, due to how easy it was to get the epic PvP stuff, which quickly became better than it's pve equivelant. But yeah, 2.4 didn't exactly help.
    Last edited by Venziir; 2013-08-19 at 08:03 AM.

I'm glad most of us agree Cata was total crap, and that MoP is a decent expansion atleast.

MoP restored my faith. Loved the lore in WoTlK - it was a good 'do all expansion' - I also love TBC, but I think they've added a lot to the game since then - it's called evolving. It happens. If they could have kept the world alive moreso (thanks dungeon finder! Still better than spamming /2, but it does make the world appear more dull) and kept the community more alive - it would have been perfect. Hopefully the server merge patch fixes this - or whatever they are calling it. I think I'd call it a server merge regardless of wtf they're saying.

The reason I keep playing - even after quitting multiple times - is there is nothing like WoW. I'm emotionally attached. the fact that you (whoever you are) are replying to this, means you are as well. Atleast a little bit :P. Of course they'll make a decent expansion. Most of us struggled through Cata, and still play. And that was just bad. Nothing can be as bad as Cata.

Deleted
    Problem is not expansion, but Blizzard's direction.

MoP is an excellent expansion. Amazing zones, great quests, very good raids. Problem is Blizzard haven't fixed many issues that Cataclysm created so people are still leaving game.

The reason everyone loved TBC so much was because they didn't know any better, it was the first expansion, and it improved on alot of the Vanilla issues. Anything that added new content and fixed some of the issues would have been happily accepted, and WoW still seemed new back then, its been almost 10 years now, nothing they do will make WoW feel new again.

If MoP came out as the first expansion then everyone would be looking back now saying "MoP was the best expansion ever!"
    {◕ ◡ ◕}

10+ Year Old Account
    Every expansion is a good expansion. Just varying degrees of good. Some are better than others.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

I played in vanilla for a year probably total, my greatest enjoyment was trapping level 20's in the cave by the AV entrance, and ganking them mercilessly for days sometimes. Entire days I would spend ganking and camping lowbies as I watched T.V. ... oh what a world it was back then. By doing something like that you affected the entire server, you could impact the world. I think I was in one 'raid' in vanilla' and it was an absolute chore compared to my PVP in Hillsbrad. (maybe because I was didn't have the level 55 (or 60) water... had to get a BoP drop for it from some PVE nonsense).

I stopped playing for a while and then I heard about TBC, I decided to buy a character because I did not want to level after the hell vanilla had put me through. It was a hunter and his 'keyring' was full. I deleted all these keys to dissuade the original owner from ever reclaiming the character (I used this hunter only for camping low levels for that is what I love) later I heard about the ridiculous chores those keys represented, but alas I was moving and couldn't play anymore anyway. I completely missed WOTLK

In Cataclysm I found out that at some point they erased Old Hillsbrad, I think I know it was because of me and my friends, camping buttmad GM noobies. And it's hilarious. But to my ever lasting remorse, the old world I knew was gone. There was no more fun camping 5 noobs at a time. There was no magic in the game for me at all, though leveling was much easier and I got 5 characters to 85 in a breeeze.

MoP is really more of the same in that regard, but to me I think the best expansion twas Cata, when I found out I had camped Ghostcrawler so hard I made him lay waste to an entire zone.

this is for all those who say that MOP is the best xpac:

take out the panda and pandaland hook from MOP and you get an xpac designed with an elaborate system of time sinking
    based on rep , grind and dailys that is even worst than TBC and vanilla attunes and gating cause you need to grind all of them and you cant even do it at the same time (factions hiding behind other factions rep rank) which is even worst.

yes there are some optional factions to grind for mounts etc but most of them had to be grinded daily for max rep to get plans / patterns / enchants and be able to spend
    your valor on about half way the rep ranks.

they said MOP will offer freedom with play style , do what ever you like and you will be able to advance and progress your char but it was a lie, only lately they kinda changed it a bit but its still the same.

blizz made a mistake in CATA and took an undertaking that taxed their time-to-execute plans for the entire xpac very highly (redesign of the old world including quests),
    and they tried to compensate with rehash stuff like the troll instances and cancle raids like WOTA/abbysal maw and make a set of "new" 5mans and an end raid based on a zone and a design allready in the game just with different color..
    yet CATA had a very good potential to be a great xpac for the fans it was just executed poorly.

MOP defenders may say that its the best xpac to date but what they dont realize is that they have 13 years of core warcraft fans to thank (1991-2004) so wow could be born with so many fans over the years that they could enjoy a MOP xpac in 2012, if panderans were in the 1st wow xpac (TBC) just like they said in the interviews the game would have died very quickly and never reach its current status...and IMO it was never true its a PR lie (check TBC behind the scean DVD , i didnt see chris mentioning panderans when talking about the list of races they had in mind to add to TBC), of even if WAR3 was all about drunk panderans monks running around...those core fans were into demons , fel orcs , dragons , rage, blood, ogres , DKs, undead , factions wars ,warlocks and dark magic theme rather than overwiegt panda bears who teach for meditating and peace...

so its no wonder that 5.4 takes us away from pandaria and brings back the old style warcraft fighting if i compare the comical chen vs ali&horde in the cinematic and garosh vs taran..so to all mop fans out there i say this, enjoy it while it last cause your feast is nearly over..

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by john duo View Post
    this is for all those who say that MOP is the best xpac:

take out the panda and pandaland hook from MOP and you get an xpac designed with an elaborate system of time sinking
    based on rep , grind and dailys that is even worst than TBC and vanilla attunes and gating cause you need to grind all of them and you cant even do it at the same time (factions hiding behind other factions rep rank) which is even worst.

yes there are some optional factions to grind for mounts etc but most of them had to be grinded daily for max rep to get plans / patterns / enchants and be able to spend
    your valor on about half way the rep ranks.

they said MOP will offer freedom with play style , do what ever you like and you will be able to advance and progress your char but it was a lie, only lately they kinda changed it a bit but its still the same.

blizz made a mistake in CATA and took an undertaking that taxed their time-to-execute plans for the entire xpac very highly (redesign of the old world including quests),
    and they tried to compensate with rehash stuff like the troll instances and cancle raids like WOTA/abbysal maw and make a set of "new" 5mans and an end raid based on a zone and a design allready in the game just with different color..
    yet CATA had a very good potential to be a great xpac for the fans it was just executed poorly.

MOP defenders may say that its the best xpac to date but what they dont realize is that they have 13 years of core warcraft fans to thank (1991-2004) so wow could be born with so many fans over the years that they could enjoy a MOP xpac in 2012, if panderans were in the 1st wow xpac (TBC) just like they said in the interviews the game would have died very quickly and never reach its current status...and IMO it was never true its a PR lie (check TBC behind the scean DVD , i didnt see chris mentioning panderans when talking about the list of races they had in mind to add to TBC), of even if WAR3 was all about drunk panderans monks running around...those core fans were into demons , fel orcs , dragons , rage, blood, ogres , DKs, undead , factions wars ,warlocks and dark magic theme rather than overwiegt panda bears who teach for meditating and peace...

so its no wonder that 5.4 takes us away from pandaria and brings back the old style warcraft fighting if i compare the comical chen vs ali&horde in the cinematic and garosh vs taran..so to all mop fans out there i say this, enjoy it while it last cause your feast is nearly over..
    Urgh the hyperbole and assumptions in this post is through the roof...