Page 43 of 71 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Is this more buffs or just tweaks on the buffs that went out like 3 days ago?
    its nerf of our single tap that never come on ptr
    Last edited by Aleaa; 2013-08-18 at 10:30 PM.

Deleted
    i
    fucking
    knew
    it

it would have been a wonder if they didnt nerf it.

THANKS BLIZZARD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    i
    fucking
    knew
    it

it would have been a wonder if they didnt nerf it.

THANKS BLIZZARD.
    Just relax, we still get buffed from live so far, which is more than we had hoped for initially when there were NONE. Just wait and see what else happens.

I'm amused by the SWD change though! It is a way to FORCE double tapping and you actually need to skip DI procs now, making the spec a bit more complicated in execute range. You will lose orb generation if you don't double tap now, in stead of gain orbs with the 6 second ICD. It'll majorly screw with MFI though, since it's an additional GCD used when channeling. Would be interresting to see what impact it'll have on the difference of T3 talents.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious of this SW change.

Shadow Word: Death damage increased by 15%. Cooldown increased by 20% (7 sec to 9.5 sec).

So its had an increase in damage, normal cooldown remains the same (8s) but the ICD increases from 7.5s to 9s. (I assume the bracket notation is wrong because it was set to 7.5 on the ptr, not 7)

[ramble]
    When the ICD was at 6 seconds, the common practice was to single-tap every 6 seconds, tracking the ICD. This change definately does away with that playstyle. I'm not entirely sure what this implies though, considering the ICD is now LONGER than the base cooldown. I assume the mentality is that a perfect double tap will use one global, followed by the standard 8s CD. Since the global cannot be pushed under 1s for priests, that would mean (given 0ms lag) that the ICD perfectly lines up with the standard double-tap rotation. Because of spell queues that shouldn't be a problem to keep server-side latency at near zero. What concerns me is if they have built in a safeguard to detect if the next cast of Death (after the normal cooldown) is registered as being cast BEFORE the ICD due to latency! It could kill our execute rotation if lag caused our next SW to not trigger the double-tap.
    [/ramble]

My speculation is that this ICD is cutting it very close to the time we need to do a standard double-tap. Close as in within 5ms. WAIT on testers for their verdict before getting worried about this. I could be very wrong, and the devs may have safeguards built into the system to prevent that. (eg, an 8.95s icd, rounded for the tooltip)

10+ Year Old Account
    Unknown. I would wait until there are official patchnotes.

Datamining is prone to errors.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Those are the PTR Note Updates from few days ago implemented on the PTR.

VT listed as 17% on the frontpage is simply wrong, it's 20%.
    SW:Smiley "CD"(note: it's the icd on the cooldown reset function - not SW:Smiley cooldown) increase changes nothing, as the damage increase forces you into double anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it certainly solves the SWD is too strong, lets buff SWD ... and then we'll increase its cooldown. So it feels like a wash for that particular mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by HeroZero View Post
    Well it certainly solves the SWD is too strong, lets buff SWD ... and then we'll increase its cooldown. So it feels like a wash for that particular mechanic.
    It forces you to double tap. that's it. It's a great change.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

It's just so you can say you tapped something twice that day.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    LOL made my day, thanks
    I like fat chickens and I don't know why; Charbroiled on a spit, or fried; When a Boom walks in with a big fat waist; Stripped down and ready to baste; You get HUNGry; Hope the meat ain't tough; Cause you noticed that the bird is stuffed; Deep in the pan he's stewin; I'm hooked and I can't stop droolin; Oh Baby, I wanna get with ya; And fix you fo dinna; Weight Watchers is just starvin; But that butt you got; Was made for carvin...!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    /tenchars.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    lol, in tears.
    Sig by Safhira

10+ Year Old Account
    Beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    That's how I see it too. But while they're doing that, why not bake all the damage into a single tap since there's no further need to game the ICD? Or am I missing something?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    That's how I see it too. But while they're doing that, why not bake all the damage into a single tap since there's no further need to game the ICD? Or am I missing something?
    My impression is that they clearly like the double tap mechanic, so they've ensured there is no reason to not double tap it.

10+ Year Old Account
    They want to avoid class homogenization by not giving us movement DPS (which is NOT FUN) or change our double tap SW: D (when one tap would be a QoL change / single target buff).

We can PoM though, right? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    They want to avoid class homogenization by not giving us movement DPS (which is NOT FUN) or any mobility in PvP.

We can PoM though, right? lol
    Fixed that for you :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just sad for you Shadow PvP guys.

Lore came out and said they're removing DR but were going to replace with the 'more fun' AM.

Then GC tweeted that it was just a "miscommunication" and that Shadow Priests and Moonkins were NOT getting an AM replacement.

W/e, looking forward to 6.0 redesign.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    W/e, looking forward to 6.0 redesign.
    I hope they keep the core of half-dotting half-nuking playstyle, I like it.

If only they didn't force us to multi-dot in 6- target fights.

I hate multi-dotting :<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Insarius View Post
    I hate multi-dotting :<
    I'd say you're playing the wrong class in that case.

That active mitigation bullshit is just dreadful. They strip us of 15% dmg mitigation without any proper compensation and calls it a day, thinking there wont be any consequences. It's like the tonnes of nerfs each patch wasn't enough to gut shadow PvP. Hope they will realize when they buff DK damage and remove shadow tankyness how terrible shadow is when nobody is playing it in PvP any more. I'm already rocked by DKs like it's nothing if my healer is CC'd.

All i ever wanted was MD speedcast, keep shadow form mitigation and psyfiend replaced with something less unreliable & counter-able. I could live with all the other nerfs they've thrown at us, yes even when they removed manaburn