Thread: 5.4 Changes

Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Fury is ahead by a small margin on Single Target and burst AoE. Arms will go ahead as soon as there is 2+targets up for any period of time / When you have a low uptime on the maintarget, as Deep Wounds hits like a truck.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

So Haste > Mastery for Arms. Do we really have to reforge before every fight?

On a whole, issit better to go arms all fights (5.4) or fury all fights (5.4) ? I am not really in favor having to re-spec before every fight.

Is it more penalizing on Arms to go Mastery>Haste or more penalizing on Fury to go Haste>Mastery ? I would guess that it is still better overall to go Mastery>Haste considering how Mastery may > Crit for Fury in 5.4.. am I right?

Also, should we thus be rolling for 2H vs 1H since 2H can be used for both Arms and Fury?
    Last edited by senturion; 2013-08-19 at 02:54 PM.

Oh, i'm so happy to read these changes and opinions.. I just got 2 weeks ago a nice 549 2hander, it's going to make my life so much easier and happier while my and my guild progress through SoO.

Also, why is it that haste is superior to mastery for Arms? Any quick tips on that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by senturion View Post
    So Haste > Mastery for Arms. Do we really have to reforge before every fight?

On a whole, issit better to go arms all fights (5.4) or fury all fights (5.3). I am not really in favor having to re-spec before every fight.

Also, should we thus be rolling for 2H vs 1H since 2H can be used for both Arms and Fury?
    I am focused on heroic progression in my 10m guild and I run fights with a ret pally and UH dk. So I need to be 1 spec and make sure to stick with that in order for my guild to allocate gear the right way. Plus being 1 spec that would benefit the most from the fights in SoO and be effective for the harder heroics, that is the spec I will go. As far as gemming I don't think it would change much if at all, but ya reforging from TG to Arms would be the easiest if you were going to do so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xrxes View Post
    Oh, i'm so happy to read these changes and opinions.. I just got 2 weeks ago a nice 549 2hander, it's going to make my life so much easier and happier while my and my guild progress through SoO.

Also, why is it that haste is superior to mastery for Arms? Any quick tips on that?
    Mastery is terrible for arms in terms of AoE, and AoE is a big part of what makes arms so good. plus haste helps with rage regen which helps Arms

Deleted
    Isnt both haste and mastery shit for AoE. Or does Deep Wounds scale with haste? I thought it didnt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortalomena View Post
    Isnt both haste and mastery shit for AoE. Or does Deep Wounds scale with haste? I thought it didnt.
    Well, part of the reason is that haste and mastery *sort of* double dip off each other. The more haste, the greater the more white swings and thus more rage gain for more attacks (meaning more chances to proc SoO) and more white swings to proc SoO them self. More mastery means any haste you have increases in value for the same reason.

The thing is that haste simply increases damage by more than mastery. Same would be true for fury mastery over crit, if crit didn't provide other benefits besides pure damage.

Haste doesn't influence warrior or DK dots. I don't think it does rogues or pallies either, but I don't play them so IDK.

Quote Originally Posted by snuglz View Post
    I am focused on heroic progression in my 10m guild and I run fights with a ret pally and UH dk. So I need to be 1 spec and make sure to stick with that in order for my guild to allocate gear the right way. Plus being 1 spec that would benefit the most from the fights in SoO and be effective for the harder heroics, that is the spec I will go. As far as gemming I don't think it would change much if at all, but ya reforging from TG to Arms would be the easiest if you were going to do so.

- - - Updated - - -

Mastery is terrible for arms in terms of AoE, and AoE is a big part of what makes arms so good. plus haste helps with rage regen which helps Arms
    Ok, i understand the point in AOE. But what about single target. It's self explanatory that Haste = more rage incoming, but in single target scenarios, does it bring anything else to the table? Because what i see in all guides is haste is better, but no explanation of the mechanics behind this and i usually like to know the mechanic of each stat for my spec.

So, single target what would you guys prefer for arms? Haste vs Mastery?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xrxes View Post
    Because what i see in all guides is haste is better, but no explanation of the mechanics behind this and i usually like to know the mechanic of each stat for my spec.
    More haste => More Meele Hits => More Mastery Proccs

More Meele hits + More Mastery Proccs => More Sudden Death Procs => More CS Uptime

and rppm shit stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    I love how hardly anyone wants to play arms but we are being forced into it. Anyways, where have you been dark? Long time no see.

I freaking hate Arms. Single target rotation is so fucking boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Brakthir View Post
    I freaking hate Arms. Single target rotation is so fucking boring.
    What should the rotation be like? I haven't used Arms in two tiers, yesterday specced it in PTR and was surprised to top damage on all fights with adds. What's the rotation on a single target? When do I use OP? Should I slam in single target?

All I can say is "Yay!" I have been away from the game for 2 years and just came back to find that Arms is going to be decent again. Woot! I always enjoyed Arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Hirv3s View Post
    What should the rotation be like? I haven't used Arms in two tiers, yesterday specced it in PTR and was surprised to top damage on all fights with adds. What's the rotation on a single target? When do I use OP? Should I slam in single target?
    Taken from the "Arms week" post. Warriorsarri put down the following:
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    If you want to practice for next patch, I'd recommend going with a prio looking something like this

If CS is not up (100-20%) : MS > CS > Slam (If 80+rage) > OP > Shout / HT / IV
    If CS is up (100-20%) : MS > Slam > OP
    If CS is not up (20-0%) : MS > CS > Execute (80+rage / "Free OP" buff is not up) > OP > Shout / HT
    IF CS is up (20-0%) : MS > Execute > OP

I haven't looked too much into the optimal AoE rotation as of yet, so I won't list it.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I could tell after testing was, make sure CS is up as much as possible, then any buttons you want to hit (with an emphasis on MS) and all dps was +-3 or 4%.....seems like a very forgiving priority system. I tried it with where slam>OP and OP>slam and virtually 0 difference.

If I ever got enough rage to use HS, my dps suffered, which was awkward.

It's pretty much slam 24/7 with MS and CS on cooldown.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brakthir View Post
    It's pretty much slam 24/7 with MS and CS on cooldown.
    sometimes you got Execute Procs so its not just slam ms cs ! ;P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsctt View Post
    I love how hardly anyone wants to play arms but we are being forced into it. Anyways, where have you been dark? Long time no see.
    I was up north skiing and fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Girana View Post
    Replace slam with execute then :P. Still a horrible rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Girana View Post
    Dno if you noticed, but execute hits pretty much like a wet noodle. Can't state specific DPR for it, but unless your weapon is bad or if you have especially high attack power at that moment, I doubt execute will be worth more than slam inside a CS window, for most scenarios. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpsmash View Post
    Dno if you noticed, but execute hits pretty much like a wet noodle. Can't state specific DPR for it, but unless your weapon is bad or if you have especially high attack power at that moment, I doubt execute will be worth more than slam inside a CS window, for most scenarios. :P
    yes but Dancing Steel should be make it for execute
    Last edited by mmoc545ac13b1d; 2013-08-19 at 09:37 PM.