Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Omerta makes love to his warrior crest every night and was still considering switching classes 5.4 until he saw the ptr changes. Arms is pretty turrible

Ha sarithus' bullshit got outed so fast it hadnt even fully left his mouth yet, glorious, but really though, arms is so broken at the moment, one of the best specs in challenge modes because theyre rediculously easy to get 70k+ single target and their aoe is tasty too if you have sweeping glyphed, but useless in later normals/heroics. i started 5.2 as arms and didnt do too bad... but as soon as i went fury even with 0 practice i was decimating my arms numbers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damosapien View Post
    Ha sarithus' bullshit got outed so fast it hadnt even fully left his mouth yet, glorious, but really though, arms is so broken at the moment, one of the best specs in challenge modes because theyre rediculously easy to get 70k+ single target and their aoe is tasty too if you have sweeping glyphed, but useless in later normals/heroics. i started 5.2 as arms and didnt do too bad... but as soon as i went fury even with 0 practice i was decimating my arms numbers

Ye I did Arms on some CMs and fury on others. Arms burst AoE was great for some of em.

Warrior damage is second only to dks for being shit. I play a 2h frost dk in fact and I nearly top meters in my guild if it weren't for the Enhancement shaman (they're like 3rd best dps spec) and the boomkin which is really good this tier because of how op their multi dotting is. Even though that's the case I KNOW my dps is shit. The only reason I'm doing so well compared to my guildmates is because I've been playing for a LONG time and I can learn classes extremely fast. Hell, my ilvl 490 warlock almost pulls as much dps as my 530 dk right now. The comparison here is that both our specs are bottom of the barrel. Even though you might be doing good, you would be pulling a good 60-80k more dps playing a mage or enhance shaman in the same gear you are now.

From people I've talked to though in game and whatnot, Warriors seem to be getting buffs for 5.4 and are going to be good again... of course there's so much conflicting information everywhere that it's hard to tell anymore. Some people say they are good, some say they are bad (stats back this one up, at least partially), some say they will be good, etc. Same thing for DKs and Rogues, everyone thinks their class is garbage right now. It makes it VERY hard when looking at recruitment to know if you want a Warrior, a Rogue, or a DK since you hear conflicting "They are good/they are terrible" from every site.

Warriors and DKs are going to be in a much better spot than they are now in 5.4, but they are still back seat compared to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    From people I've talked to though in game and whatnot, Warriors seem to be getting buffs for 5.4 and are going to be good again... of course there's so much conflicting information everywhere that it's hard to tell anymore. Some people say they are good, some say they are bad (stats back this one up, at least partially), some say they will be good, etc. Same thing for DKs and Rogues, everyone thinks their class is garbage right now. It makes it VERY hard when looking at recruitment to know if you want a Warrior, a Rogue, or a DK since you hear conflicting "They are good/they are terrible" from every site.
    It's hard to tell as there are likely still a couple changes coming and there is not much data in form of logs available. 25 man raid testing was severely limited time wise and a lot of people perform worse on ptr due to ping/addon/fps issues so judging performance often is like trying to find meaning in lfr logs.
    Not even mentioning the amount of bugs still flying around - last 25n testing day I had the cooldown reduction granted by the trinket even without having it equipped just for instance.
    Recruitment wise I found grips quite useful on several encounters. Also I have a very hard time believing that rogues are going to be garbage after the recent rppm changes as at least as far as I am aware off they have received nothing but decent buffs in the recent builds.

Deleted
    I would honestly love to know where these Raidbot things come from. I've been raiding as arms for 2 weeks and I can quite easily pull over 150k, which is the minimum threshold for the latest Raidbots link that's been posted, where arms isn't on the meter.

Also bearing in mind that a lot of ranks are completely cheesed. I did about 200k as arms on Megaera 25m Normal and didn't even rank at all as arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
    150k easy huh? You're 11/12 normal. The final 6 bosses you only killed once, prolly joined a pug or paid for it, sadly. You've been logged on 4 bosses, damage done is as follows:

116k on Megaera
    103k on JiKun
    134k on Primordius
    96k on Lei Shen

Some ranks are older, but all were terrible ranks (except padding on Primordius) for their time.

If you're beating people of equal iLvL that are playing a DPS spec other then arms, they aren't good. If you're "beating Heroic geared Warlocks", they aren't good. Making a thread about how good the spec is and how you can't understand why everyone isn't as good as you, makes you not good. You're a 519 Arms Warrior with no Meta and No Cloak. Not 1 person on these forums care if you beat people in LFR gear. Go troll somewhere else.
    Game, set, match. Seriously, if you're going to claim numbers, back them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahr View Post
    I did about 200k as arms on Megaera 25m Normal and didn't even rank at all as arms.
    Of course you would rank as arms with 200k dps ?

Deleted
    I've no idea why, but it's not showing up. Only ranks I supposedly have as arms are:

83rd Horridon HC
    114th Consorts Normal
    117th Council of Elders Normal
    147 Tortos Normal

Unless logs bugged or something. Not sure. Kinda pissed off though. Was pleased with outdpsing everyone for a change.

. I did about 200k as arms on Megaera 25m Normal and didn't even rank at all as arms.
    200k as arms would give your rank #13.

Was pleased with outdpsing everyone for a change.
    i'm assuming your uptime on sweeping strikes was quite high? and as such, a good chunk of your dps was actually worthless and contributed to nothing, except your logs.
    Last edited by aGit; 2013-08-20 at 12:24 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aGit View Post
    i'm assuming your uptime on sweeping strikes was quite high? and as such, a good chunk of your dps was actually worthless and contributed to nothing, except your logs.
    If you can find me a top 10 Rank on any fight that was done without cheesing the mechanics of the fight I'll disenchant my hat.

If you can find me a top 10 Rank on any fight that was done without cheesing the mechanics of the fight I'll disenchant my hat.
    well i suppose you'd have to define cheesing. i got rank 4 on rad'en as a prot warrior. Is vengeance a cheese? a guildie got global rank 1 on ra'den as a brewmaster.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...3&e=11733#Agit

edit: this was awhile back so my parse has dropped to rank 9 now. But there is also a more recent rank 4 on dark animus hc, if i remember correctly i gathered no anima balls for extra vengeance either at least not on purpose.
    Last edited by aGit; 2013-08-20 at 12:43 AM.

Deleted
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ds-help-please

in a 4 month period the same person that was asking for help is now the best (arms) warrior and not only that but with his attitude is trying to say all the others bad
    i dont know if this thread is funny or annoying as hell

Topping meters in LFR tells nothing to you, most players there are not even trying.
    Topping meters in Normal just tells that other players in your raid are either less geared than you or bad players, it is that simple, you can check from raidbots, world of logs and simulations (you might say that these are not always right, but they are if you are using them the right way, not looking at cheesed logs etc. especially in this case the difference is really big) that Arms IS underpowered in PvE, that is a fact, so your opinion doesn't really matter..
    | Ryzen R7 5800X | Radeon RX 6800 |