Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd really like them to polish Silvermoon up a bit, that place hasn't been touched since BC and with all the graphical upgrades WoW has gotten since then it's looking pretty old. It's probably my favorite major city out of all the Horde cities. I hope they do more with the other cities instead of having Orgrimmar be like the only useful major city. Undercity and Exodar are the same deal, they both just need a polish to make the textures look more detailed like Orgrimmar. They don't need any changes just make it more detailed like they did with Brill and the other Forsaken encampments. Not only those cities but pretty much every other city needs a makeover as well like Darnassus, Ironforge, and Thunder Bluff. It's really annoying how Blizzard just ignores every city but Orgrimmar and Stormwind.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2013-08-19 at 03:37 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Well, I don't believe that adding portals to Pandaria into non-SW/Org is such a great task that could stand in the way of creating precious raid content.
    Even more. If the facelift we're talking about in any way involves artists that created t16 sets, I'm definitely against this move.

A good idea would be to add portals to each city in all of the cities, then they'd be visited a lot more. Of course Blizzard would find that way too convenient for travel.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want Silvermoon to be revamped in which it can keep the major city part of it, and then rebuilt the damaged part and actually fix the black scar to.
    Also to Gilneas wouldn't be a bad stop for a another minor city location and it could be revamped a little to, changes here and there, but still it would mean that Silver forest would become a Horde/Alliance zone split and I don't mind see it happening.
    As for the Exodar I haven't been there for ages, but I want Alliance players to be happy as a Horde player I want a revamp of Sunstrider Isle, Eversong Woods, Ghostlands needs to revamped to, a new zone nearby the Ghostlands for another zone for Horde would be awesome, and then Zul'Aman actually becoming a major level zone to. Could happen and everything would be changed from the old content to the new stuff and even that Shrine of Ula'tek can be the main dungeon or raid instance now.
    For the Horde!

I agree, I think we need more ports. Flying still takes awhile...

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagoroth23 View Post
    Hi,

So in Cata we had a redesign of Orgrimmar and Stormwind. Don't you guys think that in the next expansion (possibly the Dark Below) a redesign of Undercity, Silvermoon , Exodar and maybe Darnassus is in place?

Along with new char models it would be a great addon to the new expansion.

Thoughts?

Undercity seems fine. Decent layout, fitting look and feel.
    Silvermoon - could do with being remapped for flight. Could also rebuild the starter area and phase it in at L60 or so.
    Exodar - Draenei villages should be built up into true settlements, and the Exodar itself should be seen floating above the isle. Again, phased at 80 to avoid issues with starter quests.
    Ironforge - I'd like to see return to its Alpha dual layer model.
    Gnomeregan - I'd like to see rebuilt and used to give the Gnomes some lore. Perhaps with a more serious and dark feel.

EVERYWHERE needs a graphical/texture update.

EJL
    Last edited by Talen; 2013-08-20 at 12:55 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagoroth23 View Post
    Hi,

So in Cata we had a redesign of Orgrimmar and Stormwind. Don't you guys think that in the next expansion (possibly the Dark Below) a redesign of Undercity, Silvermoon , Exodar and maybe Darnassus is in place?

Along with new char models it would be a great addon to the new expansion.

Thoughts?
    Well since we know that the Exodar can fly again, yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    What new content would you be willing to give up so that artists could focus on Silvermoon?
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...74553311293440

And sacrifice their precious raid content? Blasphemy!
    Exactly. Raid content is your new overlord and master.... Everything must be sacrificed for it..
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    A facelift for Darnassus and Thunderbluff would have been a much welcome upgrade - can't stand those NElven hollowed-out tree stumps and those Tauren elevator cabins with holy totemic energy keeping them suspended in the air.

Though all such propositions are unfeasible with GC's idea of scrapping entire projects in favour of few endgame gems.

Personally, my pet peeve is Blizzard's completely insane decision to have hub cities stripped of their portals to each and every single racial city.
    Blizzard admitted that it was performed to help people learn to traverse entire world and taste it whole instead of squatting in Shattrah/Dalaran... But the effect of their tweak goes directly against what they wanted to achieve with it. Before Cataclysm, portals in hub cities allowed for effortless travel to all racial cities and corresponding/neighbouring zones. All of Azeroth was covered with grid maintained through these transport centers and each faction had de facto TWO cities serving as 'capitals' - the rest of cities often visited for leisure and a moment of peace.

Now everyone squats in ORG/SW, blotting out the sun with the volume of their flying mounts.

And I remember that I put my toons in outposts around Outland to 'play' seeking refuge before imminent shift of the world. Some of you may possibly imagine the look on my face when I went to Shattrah in order to carefully reenter the ravaged Azeroth.

So.. I've already said it before in this thread, but I'll ask again. I don't understand why people think they are tied to SW/Org.

If your hearth is set at the shrine, everything you need is in the Shrine, or each of the capital cities. There is nothing different in this expansion than how it was during Wrath and BC. In those expansions, players didn't have a problem using other cities. Why now?

The portal to Pandaria? In wrath only SW/Org had "ports" to Northrend (boat, zep), yet people still managed to divide their time amongst the cities.

The cool down on the hearth is even shorter now than it was during wrath, so it's less punishing forgetting something in the main city before going to the old world.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should add all the vendors and portal that SW and OG have to all other cities (AH, PvP vendor, Transmog, reforge, etc...) and those cities will get more people

Everyone uses SW and ORG because of Blizzard's design, not because people necessarily like those cities better. If Blizzard made the cities equal you might see people dispersed more evenly.

Though I don't expect Blizzard to ever update Azuremyst because they're allergic to draenei.

Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    They should add all the vendors and portal that SW and OG have to all other cities (AH, PvP vendor, Transmog, reforge, etc...) and those cities will get more people
    And the barbershop. To run and sail all the way to Stormwind City as a lvl 1 Night Elf or Draenei is an absolute pain for the haircut you want and also rubs it in your face that Darnassus and the Exodar are fairly useless. Even the Horde has a barbershop on both continents, why not the Alliance?
    I very much agree that if those vendors were in all main cities, it would surely spread the community out a little.

(Oh, and the AH is already in every main city.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Undercity is really fine as it is, maybe add some bigger sense of occupation upstairs?

Silvermoon and Exodar yes, they are both destroyed cities.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Antoine de Coolette View Post
    Oblivious much?

TBC's and WotLK's hub cities allowed instantenous travel to each of faction's racial cities. Pandurrrrrrrrrian 'hub locations' instead canalize the traffic exclusively to ORG and SW, the rest of cities left inaccesible from Pandaria's hub locations.

Hence people preferring to squat at either ORG or SW. Shrines only contain those who have reached Pandarian level span.
    There are portals to every city from the Shrines, even Shat and Dalaran.

The problem is that blizzard wants Org and STW to gather players, that's why they are the only cities that have all features; it's all Blizzard's intention.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    So.. I've already said it before in this thread, but I'll ask again. I don't understand why people think they are tied to SW/Org.

If your hearth is set at the shrine, everything you need is in the Shrine, or each of the capital cities. There is nothing different in this expansion than how it was during Wrath and BC. In those expansions, players didn't have a problem using other cities. Why now?

The portal to Pandaria? In wrath only SW/Org had "ports" to Northrend (boat, zep), yet people still managed to divide their time amongst the cities.

The cool down on the hearth is even shorter now than it was during wrath, so it's less punishing forgetting something in the main city before going to the old world.
    That's just false, Org and STW are the only cities that have all features; all the other cities lack one or two features. This matter of convinience is Blizzard's design, I don't really get why they wanted to focus all player into one city.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    Undercity is really fine as it is, maybe add some bigger sense of occupation upstairs?

Silvermoon and Exodar yes, they are both destroyed cities.
    And Undercity isn't?
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Technically in Cataclysm, all cities except for Exodar and Silvermoon were updated, however SW and Org the most.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Technically in Cataclysm, all cities except for Exodar and Silvermoon were updated, however SW and Org the most.
    Thunder Bluff/Ironforge was updated? I don't think I ever noticed
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't mind it. I'm personally bored of Org as the big Horde hub. So a re-vamp of the other cities may change things up. I'd welcome that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every single time I go to one of those cities I see maybe 2-3 players in there. There's no point revamping a ghost town.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    Every single time I go to one of those cities I see maybe 2-3 players in there. There's no point revamping a ghost town.
    Blizzard did that on purpose. Honestly, with Virtual Realms making things more populated I don't see any reason to force people into specific cities and they should just make them equal. If the cities were equal you'd see a more people in those cities.