I remember seeing somewhere that Scaling would be implemented, I don't remember about removing things. I didn't mess with the UI to much on p4. Other then moving a few things around.

Also I remember reading somewhere, that Player made Addons will be supported down the road. I assume they want to delay them a bit to make sure all bugs are sorted out, before adding in another variable.

Edit: A Interview with the Devs said they would like to have player made addon support in the game within the first 6months.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Cursing at it a lot because I can't scale down elements of flat out remove them. Then doing only minor adjustments and not taking a SS.

Have they said if they'll allow for UI scaling/removing elements?
    Couldn't you disable UI elements by right clicking on them while on that UI Moving Setting?
    I also read somewhere that Ctrl + Page Down/Up (or was it Ctrl + Home/End?) was how you adjusted UI scaling.

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Scaling is in! It was actually in phase 4. Not sure about removing...

You can press CTRL+Home to scale an element.
    ...wut? Why do they need to make it confusing? Can't they just be like normal games and have a damned slider? Now I'm going to have to remember that for headstart -_-

Cursing at it a lot because I can't scale down elements of flat out remove them. Then doing only minor adjustments and not taking a SS.

Have they said if they'll allow for UI scaling/removing elements?
    You can do both, although both are very limited. You can disable elements in the UI settings individually, or right click them during UI setup to hide. You can use ctrl-home to cycle through 3 different scale settings on a per-element basis. It definitely needs more customizability though - for example, I have no reason whatsoever to show my own TP alone on the party list when I can see it already on my own player information. Nor do I really need to see what stat types my party uses... things like that should be removeable.

Here's hoping.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...wut? Why do they need to make it confusing? Can't they just be like normal games and have a damned slider? Now I'm going to have to remember that for headstart -_-
    I had no idea until somebody pointed it out to me on the forums. CTRL + Home is a really...random keybind for scaling (and there was NOTHING in the help menu).

FFXIV: A Realm Reborn Beta Phase 3 Player Feedback Status List
    List with features/requests that will/ may/ or 'will not' be implemented. 3 pages.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/threads/99352

No Buttocks slider. Daww.

---------------
    Regarding voices and cinematics:
    You can rewatch the main storyline "cinematics" from the book besides your bed. If you didn't like how the character was voiced you can change the voice in the options and check how it sounds in another language.
    Your you're own enemy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prishe View Post
    My system if probably not the "norm" but I experienced 0 Lag in some of the Single Boss F.A.T.E.S. with 30+ people spamming away running max settings.

I7 2700k @4.8GHZ 16gb Ram and GTX770 @1255mhz

If you have a i5 or better and a GTX560ti or better you will experience 0 issues with lag with still high enough settings that the game looks absolutely amazing!!

Unlike some of the other MMO's that use a lot of CPU rendered graphics, FF14 actually uses your graphics card to its maximum capability. Which is why the game looks so damn good...

If your concerned about Graphics lag, a GTX560ti will cost you ~150$ and should run the game at mid-max settings with no issues personally if your upgrading your GPU for this game, the GTX660ti is a very solid card @ ~250$ and was getting a ~10k score on the FF14 benchmark test. The GTX770 is IMO the best card for the money at the moment @ ~350$ and I was getting ~12.5k when running the FF14 Benchmark.

editSpelling, how does it work?
    Lemme post my computer specs later. That should give you an idea.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

My system if probably not the "norm" but I experienced 0 Lag in some of the Single Boss F.A.T.E.S. with 30+ people spamming away running max settings.

I7 2700k @4.8GHZ 16gb Ram and GTX770 @1255mhz

If you have a i5 or better and a GTX560ti or better you will experience 0 issues with lag with still high enough settings that the game looks absolutely amazing!!

Unlike some of the other MMO's that use a lot of CPU rendered graphics, FF14 actually uses your graphics card to its maximum capability. Which is why the game looks so damn good...

If your concerned about Graphics lag, a GTX560ti will cost you ~150$ and should run the game at mid-max settings with no issues personally if your upgrading your GPU for this game, the GTX660ti is a very solid card @ ~250$ and was getting a ~10k score on the FF14 benchmark test. The GTX770 is IMO the best card for the money at the moment @ ~350$ and I was getting ~12.5k when running the FF14 Benchmark.

editSpelling, how does it work?
    I got a i5 2500k 8gb ram and 2 560 ti's in SLI and it's not a silk smooth ride even though my benchmark reached 7.7k.

With High desktop gfx settings ingame and x4 AA/AF and shadows on normal I still get fps drops in big busy zones, can go down as low as 30 and sometimes I noticed hickups while turning fast in busy zones.
    Have to say when it's calm it can reach 100 fps in a sanctuary zone but either way If I ever dip into 24 man raiding in this game I will definitely be on the lookout of the next gen AMD cards, hopefully in Q4 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Yowser View Post
    For switching classes. You can drag the Gear set icons to an action bar for easy switching.
    so is there a way to set it to where when you change your weapon the gear changes as well? or do you have to do that all manually?

Quote Originally Posted by Stayfrostee View Post
    so is there a way to set it to where when you change your weapon the gear changes as well? or do you have to do that all manually?
    it's included in gear sets, you basically take a snapshot of your current gear, and the weapon you are wielding determines the class of the gearset
    "How poor are they that have not patience"

10+ Year Old Account
    FF11 the King HNMs required a full alliance/raid (18 people) As did many other of the 21-24hr "HNMs" some of the longer spawns, I.E. CoP Wyrms required 18man alliance + a add team usually a group of 4-6. IIRC Vrtra required at the minimum a group of 6 specifically built to quickly burn undead adds( a 12man alliance was ideal for adds).

So most every "endgame" boss in FF11 was a 18-24+ person group to kill it. I think the 24man model in FF14 will work out nicely. If nothing else 1 raid size it prevents the BS associated with 10/25man in wow.
    Dynamis was pretty cool too. Essentially 64 person raids.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Silverkit View Post
    That sounds pretty good to be honest. I was wondering about what they had ready for us for release. I was scared it would be another MMO with no or little end game stuff ready to go. Lets hope they can get new content out at a good pace too.

I have high hopes for this game! Bummed I cant play it for 4 more days though. Just started leveling my Conjurer when the servers went down.
    Indeed! Yoshida's promising major content patches every 3 months. I have no idea if he'll be able to follow through on that promise, but if he can, it will be glorious!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    I got a i5 2500k 8gb ram and 2 560 ti's in SLI and it's not a silk smooth ride even though my benchmark reached 7.7k.

With High desktop gfx settings ingame and x4 AA/AF and shadows on normal I still get fps drops in big busy zones, can go down as low as 30 and sometimes I noticed hickups while turning fast in busy zones.
    Have to say when it's calm it can reach 100 fps in a sanctuary zone but either way If I ever dip into 24 man raiding in this game I will definitely be on the lookout of the next gen AMD cards, hopefully in Q4 2013.
    Dude, I have the exact same processor and amount of RAM as you, but my video card is a 6870. I was able to play the game in FATEs, dungeons, etc on high (desktop) settings with little to no lag. Perhaps there's another reason why it's running slowly for you?

I figure if I can handle the 30+ people and their effects in some of the FATEs, raiding shouldn't be a problem. Settings can always be adjusted too.

Quote Originally Posted by Stayfrostee View Post
    There's something like a Wardrobe option where you can save several sets of gear, 22+ depending on how many classes you unlocked.
    It will save all your currently equipped items, and when you need to change to that gear set or class/job you just click to equip it.
    Your you're own enemy.

10+ Year Old Account
    My Computer Specs

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz

AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series

At least I think that's the info. Pretty sure I'm beat.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Girlyman View Post
    There's something like a Wardrobe option where you can save several sets of gear, 22+ depending on how many classes you unlocked.
    It will save all your currently equipped items, and when you need to change to that gear set or class/job you just click to equip it.
    thats what i was hoping for, i'll have to try and find it next time, because it was a pain changing weapons and having to go in and equip all the gear manually

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    I had no idea until somebody pointed it out to me on the forums. CTRL + Home is a really...random keybind for scaling (and there was NOTHING in the help menu).
    Elvine also linked how to make them snap to grid and snap to other UI elements. You can also activate or hide the hotbars by clicking on them while in edit mode.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Girlyman View Post
    I want to say I have 26 gear sets available (unlocked all the classes but have yet to do more than the initial quest with most of them); every class you get adds an extra gear set slot. Not too sure what I'd use the other sets for; I guess RP availability, or a more DPS-centric set for tank or healer classes to burn through solo stuff faster than normal?

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    You never need to make alt, you can play ALL class in 1 character.

The weapon you use, determines your class. If you use a Lance, you become Lancer, use a Bow, you become Archer, use a Staff you become Conjurer and so on. Let's say, I am Lv30 Thaumaturge, Lv20 Conjurer, Lv15 Arcanist. I equip a Bow, now I am Lv1 Archer, and need to use Archer to level up from Lv1, and if I put a wand on, I instantly become a Lv30 Thaumaturge again, if it make sense?

Job, usually related to a class as well. As a Lv35 Thaumaturge, if I equip the Black Mage Soul, I become Lv35 Black Mage, whatever level I take it to, let's say, I stopped at 43, if I unequip the Soul, I turn back to Thaumaturge but still Lv43.

If it make sense?
    For the most part. Thanks. I figure I'll just have to try it and see (in the event I purchase the game).

I wish this game had Tera's combat system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I wish this game had Tera's combat system.
    I definitely feel like the minority here, but I disliked Tera's combat. It felt a little unrealistic and out of place. I prefer slower, strategic combat systems. FFXIV is almost there, it just needs more variety in skills. I'm okay being limited to a set amount of active abilities to use during combat, but I wish there was choice involved. When literally every WHM has the exact same, smale skillset to use it's a little boring imo.

I hope they double the size of each of the war-chest's areas tbh. I am one of those guys that plays everything I can - I got most classes to 10 in the beta and 3 to 20, and I have been sitting with a full weapon chest almost since the start. It's a good feature but it needs more space - I can't begin to imagine what will happen when multiple jobs start getting higher, especially if they start releasing weapons that are actually choices rather than upgrades.

I don't know why MMO designers consider inventory management compelling gameplay. I thought SE had realised that it's not when they implemented the chest - here's hoping they realise it wasn't quite enough.