Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    yea the comment about cancelling the series was a joke but i thought the movie was horrible.
    You cared enough to post.

Deleted
    I was also quite disappointed but the movie is still good for an entertaining popcorn flick and slightly better than the second one

So far I really enjoyed every Marvel movie, I also thought Ironman 2 had its moments. However, there were several things in Ironman3 that really annoyed me when you take some time to think about the whole plot. Some spoilers ahead:

First of all, I hated the twist. We have a "powerful" villian in a business suit again (who can spit lava...) although they established a truely interesting new antagonist (THE villain from the comics). Which turned out be a terrible joke... Maybe I would have liked it more if they didn't caricature him in such an extreme way by showing the toilet or football scene. I also hoped that at the end of the movie, it is shown that he only played the stupid actor and is in fact really the true villain. Moreover, some serious stuff happend like the suicide bomb attacks and they just soften them with some short one-liner jokes. I get it, mainly everything is good old fun for Tony Stark, but when they try to tackle serious themes and want to be all dark kngihty, please be more sensitive. Otherwise you don't really feel involved. I love RDJ and I also loved his struggle but why can't they give Don Cheadle more screen time? The whole subplot with the attempted assassination of the president/ evil vice president was kind of meh and hence, the whole evil scheme was just boring to me. And don't get me even started about the ending... I know RDJ has a big female fanbase and wants to quit but that was way over the top!

PS: product placement like a James Bond Movie! And now I am gonna buy an Audi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocktan View Post
    PS: product placement like a James Bond Movie! And now I am gonna buy an Audi
    I noticed the muscle car in the kid's garage was a no-name muscle car. It was obvious to me it was a stripped down 65 Mustang but they removed all distinguishing marks (even when he got the restored version of it at the end). Mostly it was a kick in my face because of how bluntly they were driving around the Audi. Sometimes product placement backfires?

Proof for car junkies:
    Here is the scene from the movie where you can see the headlight bumper and fog light of the car on the far left.
    And here is a 65 Mustang front end.
    Last edited by Nario64; 2013-05-16 at 08:38 PM.

First of all, I hated the twist. We have a "powerful" villian in a business suit again (who can spit lava...) although they established a truely interesting new antagonist (THE villain from the comics). Which turned out be a terrible joke...
    Yeah that didn't thrill me either. I mean, if you don't want to use the Mandarin, why even pretend it's him? They said they couldn't use the "real" Mandarin character for various reasons, so...why even use that name at all? For people who don't know the comics, "Mandarin" isn't going to mean any more to them than some other random name...coulda called him "the Mastermind" or "The Teacher"(since he had the whole "lessions" schtick anyways) and then you could have the SAME plot twist, without annoying fans of the comics who ARE familiar with the Mandarin.

Oh, and because I've seen this thrown out a couple of times, if anyone gives me that "Killian IS the Mandarin, he has dragon tattoos", umm...okay, you can call him the Mandarin if you want, but you could also call him Extremo or Heatman or whatever other stupid name you wanted without it making a difference, since he is nothing like the Mandarin. They took a wholly dissimilar character, slapped a couple of dragon tats on him, then gave him the name of a character totally different. Hell, by that logic you could argue that Killian is actually the Human Torch, because hey, they're both white dudes with fire based powers, right?

Movie was shit, but I wasn't expecting anything other than shit anyway. I've never understood the love for the Iron Man movies. They just seem way too silly, silly even for a superhero movie.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the movie is crossing over $1 Billion. Marvel is really cashing in, and I wonder how long they can keep this up, and how many $1 Billion + movies we will start seeing in the future.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    Well the movie is crossing over $1 Billion. Marvel is really cashing in, and I wonder how long they can keep this up, and how many $1 Billion + movies we will start seeing in the future.
    Thing is, these $1 billion+ movies will never be anything other than popcorn movies, because they have to appeal worldwide, to mass audiences that don't care about intriguing/don't have the capability to follow intriguing plots in English.

I'm starting to feel like a hipster but eh, movies like Iron Man bother me (yes, don't watch it, I know).

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Deleted
    Not as good as the earlier ones i'd say

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    I'm fine with them replacing him in Iron Man 4 if they find a decent replacement and keep the writers and the rest of the machine intact.
    that's the thing though, to me RDJ IS stark, i really can't think of any other actor that can match RDJ as Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Movie was shit, but I wasn't expecting anything other than shit anyway. I've never understood the love for the Iron Man movies. They just seem way too silly, silly even for a superhero movie.
    So a rich man using high tech/brains to his advantage opposed to what...a man that can fly and shoot lasers out his eyes? or a man that can turn into a big green monster...or maybe a man that comes from legend holds a hammer and plays with lightning? or many of the others from dc/marvel movies.
    I dont understand what you mean with your comment.

Deleted
    Going for worst of 2013 in my book. There are no plot holes in this movie, there's an attempt at a movie in a giant plot hole. The switches between the scenes where done poorly, the character development is even worse. What purpose did the NY trauma have? Cause it didn't add anything to the character and it was even worse when all it took to get him over it was a kid (which again, why was he there?) saying to use his brain. There's a scene where Stark says he has seen things blabla when he went through that hole that would make a person go crazy but we've seen him interact with two gods, aliens, a man that turns into a monster, spies, he has even built a infinite power source yet he goes semi-nuts when he goes through a portal? Panic happens on the spot not after the event. The part where he is shocked at the end of Avengers is because of the near death experience not because Shane Black tries to copy a dumb trend and make the hero damaged in the third installement. I could fill a whole page with other issues this movie had...People giving it anything above 5 are either paid to do so or can be entertained for hours by looking at a monkey beating his junk.

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredSausage View Post
    So a rich man using high tech/brains to his advantage opposed to what...a man that can fly and shoot lasers out his eyes? or a man that can turn into a big green monster...or maybe a man that comes from legend holds a hammer and plays with lightning? or many of the others from dc/marvel movies.
    I dont understand what you mean with your comment.
    Not about the premise, it's about how it's handled. Iron Man has always been handled much more aloof-ly than other (popular) superhero movies. Especially Iron Man 3.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2013-05-17 at 08:44 AM.

Deleted
    Spoiler ahead:

This morning it came to my mind that they might have actually killed to some extent the next Captain America movie. I am talking about the whole attempted assassination on the president because I would have seen this plot rather in a Cap than in an Ironman Movie. We know already that Cap will deal with the Winter Soldier and based on my comic knowledge, we all know who the Winter soldier is and that he was brainwashed to become "evil". What if he also tries to assassinate someone important or even the president (again) and Cap has to stop him? I think that would be totally boring and really hope that it will turn out differently.

Would you agree that this plot in particular was more predestinated for a Cap movie?

They have said that the next Cap movie is more of a espionage film, featuring Cap, Black widow and The Falcon.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Spoiler ahead:

This morning it came to my mind that they might have actually killed to some extent the next Captain America movie. I am talking about the whole attempted assassination on the president because I would have seen this plot rather in a Cap than in an Ironman Movie. We know already that Cap will deal with the Winter Soldier and based on my comic knowledge, we all know who the Winter soldier is and that he was brainwashed to become "evil". What if he also tries to assassinate someone important or even the president (again) and Cap has to stop him? I think that would be totally boring and really hope that it will turn out differently.

Would you agree that this plot in particular was more predestinated for a Cap movie?
    they will write it so Nick Fury is Scourge.
    You cared enough to post.

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    They have said that the next Cap movie is more of a espionage film, featuring Cap, Black widow and The Falcon.
    ...and the infamous Winter Soldier.

Spoiler ahead:

I believe it will rather be focused on a plot based on the return of Red Skull and forming of his Cabal with the actions in the IM3 aka the attempted assasination of the the president being one.

I'm speculating the WS will be at the epicenter of an event that will be trying to get to have US face Russia in a war etc which will reveal that Hydra and the Red Skull is still alive.

I'm basing this on them having stated that Avengers 2 will be on Ultron and it will not be created by Hank Pym. So who would be more insane than Skull or Killian/MODOK(IM3 the official game reveals that he uploaded himself to be the MODOK) to intentionally create an AI who is willing to purge the humanity due to its imperfection.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Well, it wouldn't really be Days of Future Past without Bishop and/or Cable in it.
    Just to say, neither Cable or Bishop appeared in the original Days of Future Past storyline. Heck, they weren't even created until a decade later.

Since this got brought back up I watched IM3 on the airplane last week. They edited it down to a about a 2 hour and 2 minute movie down from a 2 hour 10 minute movie. The one noticeable scene they took out was the Iron Man rescue all people who got pulled out of the airplane. Kind of obvious as to why they took that scene out. It went from Iron Man killing the one bad guy on the plane to him just hovering above the water before losing control and getting hit by the truck.

The movie still gave me chills win all the Iron Mans (Mens?) showed up for the final battle.

Deleted
    The best film, i want 4 part ;d i hear Robert Downey Jr. dont play at iron man 4 its is true ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lukas94mos View Post
    The best film, i want 4 part ;d i hear Robert Downey Jr. dont play at iron man 4 its is true ?
    Watch the sniplet at the end mate. "Iron Man will Return..."