Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    sure
    but first the alliance needs to get a whole expansion of kicking the horde up and down azeroth with no meaningful horde story anywhere, a new race added to both sides but only alliance gets to see the horde story to conclusion, their introduction to a zone cut and lets say velen being a major focus of the whole expansion and being "supposedly neutral" he just smites the shit out of some horde troops every now and then
    at the end the alliance nukes some horde city
    and then in the next expansion, the whole story would revolve around the rebel alliance faction fighting back against Varian while the horde gets to supply the rebels and get insulted for their troubles
    also can't forget robot wolf instead of 2 battles!
    and when all is done the horde just leaves and the alliance gets to keep everything it has gained in the last expansion no questions asked

hell where do I sign up for that?
    + infinity

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    Dalaran, how can be a pogrom when it is an act carried by the head of state? This one starts wrong only by definition, but don't worry, you get even wrong-er.

-Only people that violently refused were put to death; Pyromancers, duelist and frosthands openly attacking the policing force: feeble and insignificant resistance my ass.

-Both Jaina and Vereesa only issue and order lethal force to violent resistance.

I'm not removing the moral dilema on these actions (that's the whole point of them) but you go out of your way to completely demonize these events and outright lie to validate your point, If that is not bias.... no, THAT IS PURE AND SIMPLE BIAS.
    When a historically hostile faction busts into your house without explanation, you have every right to defend yourself and fight back. Jaina put Vereesa and the Silver Covenant in charge of the purge, Jaina knew exactly how it would devolve into a massacre. She even invited Stormwind troops into the city for it. Why didn't she use neutral Kirin Tor forces to do the purge. You know, people that aren't hostile to the Sunreavers to make the whole thing less confrontational so as not to escalate things into so much violence.

-Again, this was state policy against an act of betrayal (feel free to speculate on the severity), the Sunreavers knew very well they were going to be aimed as retaliation for the transgressions of the horde, they ARE horde. They are not innocent civilians, they are an elite magical force.
    No they didn't. They were trying to leave the Horde and join the Alliance. Garrosh found out and set them up to sabotage their negotiations.

-The Sunreavers are politically aligned with a faction that committed an act of war, on a time where there was a ZERO TOLERANCE policy.
    And aiding the Alliance in their stand against Garrosh was neutral?
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-08-20 at 07:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    While any player has a right to be dissatisfied with the storyline, no one really has a right to be angry about it.
    i think its fair to be angry at a bad storyline, and an uneven level of focus being given to the horde for another expansion.

sorry where is the injustice in being angry?
    Hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    Why is the Alliance here? I understand Garrosh is a serious threat, and by the end of the fight will be unimaginably powerful. But, why shouldn't we just let the Horde go and kill themselves, then attack? Why do we HAVE to siege with them? Because all of a sudden, everything that ever happened under the Horde banner was because of Garrosh?

Why are we just leaving? Oh, because it will cause dissent in the Alliance later on. But lets be realistic. How much times have we been told that our story is going to get better. How much times have we been told our moment will come?

We are told that Alliance will be leading the next expansion more powerful than ever, while the Horde will have to pick itself up. I would not hold my breathe. Blizzard is clearly dangling a carrot on a stick in front of us, and despite what they say, they do find the Horde more interesting.

I'm sorry, I don't usually rant, but I'm just getting tired of seeing any Alliance player who raises their hand in objection get shot down because they are babies. Besides, it's Blizzards fault these babies were born.
    You are there because Garrosh bombards Stormwind Harbour with Yorshaj infused Bombs.

You leave because Varian knows he can not take on the Horde splintered or not.
    He is also looking beyond to the future, like great rulers do and foresees greater trials which will (like it or not) require the aid of the Horde.
    Remember taking on Garrosh (ONE Horde faction) requires the entire Alliance and Horde.
    You can leave the horde to sort it's problems out, and if Garrosh is victorious witness him crush the Alliance next. You have a great leader that has united a bickering Alliance into a decent force worth noting now.

Go back before Cataclysm, look at all the attention Alliance received there. Recall at the beginning of the Horde/Alliance arms race in WotLK where Alliance were the dominant force.
    Lore hasn't been great for Horde. Forsaken leader got shot and died if not for the Valkyrie would have lost a faction, seriously. Then barely managed to defeat Gilneas and painted into this desperate faction that had to resort to illegal warfare, c'mon.
    Silvermoon still not fixed up Sunwell restored Blood Elves should be the mightiest kingdom on Azeroth followed by Forsaken or Nightelves.
    Tauren had their warchief killed off in the crappest way possible with hardly anything building up to it!
    Thrall disappears then is all of sudden Earth Warden, lame.
    Hamuul Runetotem getting owned by Leara like that, really? He got res'd sure but that was weak.
    We allied with Dragonmaw but havent used Twilight Highlands or Dragonmaw as a major city (much like your Dalaran, oh wait Dalaran is a city and has bank, AH etc.). Dragonmaw leader that defected from Dragonmaw in the first place because of tyranny seems to be fine to suffer the same way under Garrosh, gaping hole in logic/lore much? Another one of our leaders bites the dust.
    Bombing of Theramore further painting the Horde into something that 1. Very few people related to regardless of whether they liked it or not 2. Didn't make much sense since the change in behaviour was so drastic. Garrosh was a decent Warchief then went lolmode with very little reason other than "I will unleash my Hatred on Azeroth" in the 5.4 SoO trailer.
    You have stable leaders, enjoyed loads of lore in the previous xpacs and you guys QQ far too much.
    Last edited by mmoc877b2d3d8f; 2013-08-20 at 07:51 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    sure
    but first the alliance needs to get a whole expansion of kicking the horde up and down azeroth with no meaningful horde story anywhere, a new race added to both sides but only alliance gets to see the horde story to conclusion, their introduction to a zone cut and lets say velen being a major focus of the whole expansion and being "supposedly neutral" he just smites the shit out of some horde troops every now and then
    at the end the alliance nukes some horde city
    and then in the next expansion, the whole story would revolve around the rebel alliance faction fighting back against Varian while the horde gets to supply the rebels and get insulted for their troubles
    also can't forget robot wolf instead of 2 battles!
    and when all is done the horde just leaves and the alliance gets to keep everything it has gained in the last expansion no questions asked

hell where do I sign up for that?
    not the next expansion thats for sure.

coming up in The Dark Below:

*Blizzcon 2013*

Ghostcrawler at Blizzcon : We're excited to tell you about our next expansion in which the Horde, after being forced to kill their leader, will finally make a come back!

*Alliance fans present* : ... ... ... WAT?!!?!?!

*Ghostcrawler ignores the alliance fans and continues with a silly grin*

- After the Alliance got their moment of glory by taking control of Dalaran, which for gameplay purposes we won't show in game, and helping the Horde take down Garrosh like a good bunch of people. we decided to create an event to keep the balance, in return of Alliance having Dalaran and letting Thrall kill Garrosh we will make the forsaken attack Ironforge, kill all Dwarves and raise them as undead. only the council is saved and the Alliance will be locked in a battle in the deeprun tram!

*Ghostcrawler laughs!* HAHA! just kidding! Sylvanas will kill the council too and Horde players will be able to use Deeprun tram to attack Stormwind. but in order to keep Alliance players from hurting the innocent lowbie players at Ironforge... oh I forgot to tell you! Ironforge will become a new Horde city and our new playable race, The Ogres, will start their game there.

anyway, in order to keep Alliance players from hurting the innocent lowbie players at Ironforge we'll place about 20 elite guards at the Ironforge side of Deeprun tram that'll just blast the shit out of those griefers!

and now! the alliance race will be...

*Alliance audience gasps in excitement*

HIGH ELVES THAT'LL USE THE OLD BLOOD ELF MODEL!

*Alliance players* : ... What is this!?

Ghostcrawler with his stupid smile : After completing the new Blood Elf model (the screen shows a cool high poly blood elf chick in her underwear, on the left side of her bra the sign of Horde can be seen) we decided that it'll be a waste of resources if we try to create new models for high elves too! and there should be a difference between the two races, which is why we'll never let the high elves have the new blood elf model!

the rest is just too sad to write...
    Last edited by Gamevizier; 2013-08-20 at 08:04 PM.

Is there anyone out there who DOESN'T think Metzen is a complete hack turning out self-insertion Horde fanfiction?

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    While any player has a right to be dissatisfied with the storyline, no one really has a right to be angry about it.

I just feel like you have proven why the Alliance people complaining are indeed just whining. Yes, I get it that on a very primitive level we all want our faction to be the best. But expecting that to be the case is simply immature, childish even.

Personally I have always felt like the Horde is the underdog faction in the game, and my feeling regarding MoP is that we got the raw end of the deal having to experience the shame of having a d-bag leader. On the other hand a bunch of alliance feel they got the raw end of the deal. So who is right? Neither. In all probability both factions have been treated more or less equally. Once you realise you don't need to be number one, and that sharing the limelight is actually ok, you'll be a lot happier.
    Players who are angry are usually just dissatisfied, and then someone with a half-assed understanding the the storyline comes in and tells them that they're whining and they should be happy with what they got.

The Alliance 'won' MoP in the sense that the Pandaren are almost certainly more pro-Alliance than Horde at this point what with Garrosh destroying their most sacred land, but there is basically zero coverage of that victory in the game. What we DO get to see in the actual game is much harder to defend. The Alliance takes moderate losses in Jade Forest, then comes back in Krasarang during 5.1 and fighting a defensive war against the Horde there, then in 5.2 the Thunder Isle opens up and Jaina has a shitfit and tosses the Horde out of Dalaran, which doesn't phase the zone, and there's no actual acknowledgement that Jaina made Dalaran an Alliance city again past that.

5.3 rolls around and we get some exposition on how much stronger the Alliance is because of the new scenario, which is lovely but not remotely the focal point of the patch (this of course being the Horde civil war.) The Alliance isn't shown to have power in every step of the expansion, and their gains are all on-paper and not in-game.

The Alliance have the right to be angry at anything they want to be angry at. Doesn't mean they're justified. I mean this. The Alliance have been wanting to storm the gates of Orgrimmar for a goddamn decade, and when they finally get it they're pissed because the Horde has to do it too? Believe it or not there are many on the Horde who don't want to storm the gates of Orgrimmar, period. For them this entire patch is like being forced to eat a giant bag of lemons, peels and all.

So keep that in mind.

Deleted
    Does anyone else feel not satisfied in how blizzard forces players to hate some character?

10+ Year Old Account
    As a mostly Horde player I will admit Alliance are being left behind story wise. I also like to play on Alliance from time to time and everytime I go on there's really nothing interesting going on compared to the Horde side of the story so I usually don't play on them all that long. Even as a Horde player I'm getting a little tired of Horde being in the spotlight. I'd like to see more of the lesser used Alliance races like Draenei, Night Elves, Gnomes, and Dwarves. So with that said even though it doesn't bother me THAT much that the Alliance don't have that big of a presence in the story, I can totally understand where some people are coming from, like the OP.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Deleted
    Well, warcraft is the story of human and orc. The other races are just there to be filler.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    Players who are angry are usually just dissatisfied, and then someone with a half-assed understanding the the storyline comes in and tells them that they're whining and they should be happy with what they got.

The Alliance 'won' MoP in the sense that the Pandaren are almost certainly more pro-Alliance than Horde at this point what with Garrosh destroying their most sacred land, but there is basically zero coverage of that victory in the game. What we DO get to see in the actual game is much harder to defend. The Alliance takes moderate losses in Jade Forest, then comes back in Krasarang during 5.1 and fighting a defensive war against the Horde there, then in 5.2 the Thunder Isle opens up and Jaina has a shitfit and tosses the Horde out of Dalaran, which doesn't phase the zone, and there's no actual acknowledgement that Jaina made Dalaran an Alliance city again past that.

5.3 rolls around and we get some exposition on how much stronger the Alliance is because of the new scenario, which is lovely but not remotely the focal point of the patch (this of course being the Horde civil war.) The Alliance isn't shown to have power in every step of the expansion, and their gains are all on-paper and not in-game.
    Read what you have wrote basically you are saying that alot of alliance players are dissatisfied because blizzard don't revamp again the entire world to show alliance victories; true and this is why they will never be satisfied because blizzard never gonna do again the cata mistake of investing resource in zones visited only once by the vast majority of the players.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I will trade you having to retake razor hill for the cat quest any day. I cannot speak for anyone else but personally after playing horde so long its nice to do quests on the other side once in awhile.

not reading that entire wall of text.

prolly some well written glibberish text.
    the reason i am posting is just a reply to the topic itself.

yes players have the right to be angry. but for what? and why?
    cuz you are not happy with it. does not mean every player is.
    am i happy with current state of the game and what is coming?
    yes im pleased so far. just at start we were "forced" to do the daily ugh quests. tho i hardly did them.

TBH im pretty much happy how blizz has worked with MoP till so far. cant wait till the finish and killing Garrosh. on my HUMAN warlock.
    and then doing it again on my troll hunter. the troll might need some new gear tho

k im done

Deleted
    Read the damn thing xD Don't just post without knowing xD

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    Read what you have wrote basically you are saying that alot of alliance players are dissatisfied because blizzard don't revamp again the entire world to show alliance victories; true and this is why they will never be satisfied because blizzard never gonna do again the cata mistake of investing resource in zones visited only once by the vast majority of the players.
    well they did show the destruction of Theramore. and Theramore was a very good city, alot of Alliance players liked it.

so basically Blizzard took Theramore away from the Alliance and gave them Dalaran, the bad part is that NOBODY is going to set foot on an alliance-controled Dalaran in-game.

so in the end Alliance is left with one town less. I personally don't care if we let Thrall or anyone else finish Garrosh off, they can eat sh.. and die for all I care.

Blizzard needs to show Alliance victories in game.

let me brief you on what happened during Cata :

the Forsaken nearly screwed the Alliance over. they took Andorhal and sent us running back to our small camp to the south, they attacked Gilneas and while they got briefly owned by the Worgen the forsaken manage to hold Darius' daughter hostage and force him to retreat and now some even say Gilneas is under attack by the forsaken. the forsaken also took southshore and turned it into a pile of green filth, theres nothing much left for Alliance in Lordaeron except for Aerie Peak. I should also mention that they killed and ressurected the heir of Stromgarde, there goes our hopes of retaking Stromgarde.

the Alliance on the other hand invaded Barrens, cool! but guess what? we lost Theramore in the proccess and now Blizzard has told us that after the siege of Orgrimmar Alliance will retreat from Orc lands...but they get nothing in return. I mean really? is it just me who thinks Alliance is getting screwed over and over with no apparent retaliation in-game?
    Last edited by Gamevizier; 2013-08-20 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzlewits View Post
    not reading that entire wall of text.

prolly some well written glibberish text.
    the reason i am posting is just a reply to the topic itself.

yes players have the right to be angry. but for what? and why?
    cuz you are not happy with it. does not mean every player is.
    am i happy with current state of the game and what is coming?
    yes im pleased so far. just at start we were "forced" to do the daily ugh quests. tho i hardly did them.

TBH im pretty much happy how blizz has worked with MoP till so far. cant wait till the finish and killing Garrosh. on my HUMAN warlock.
    and then doing it again on my troll hunter. the troll might need some new gear tho

k im done
    didn't read first post?
    let me make it simple
    horde get epic lore quest while alliance get dump down lore quest
    horde answer: but you get to kill our former warchief! so you should shut up even if you didn't get any lore/good quest at all(example 5.3 patch)

So the alliance get to help(beg) the horde to kill garrosh and shitty quest lore for 2 expansions
    while horde get full epic lore quests in 2 expansions and kill garrosh= fair deal from horde point of view
    (horde = main force // alliance = side kick)
    Last edited by greeeed; 2013-08-20 at 11:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm about to re-post this in the wow forums.

Quote Originally Posted by greeeed View Post
    didn't read first post?
    let me make it simple
    horde get epic lore quest while alliance get dump down lore quest
    horde answer: but you get to kill our former warchief! so you should shut up even if you didn't get any lore/good quest at all(example 5.3 patch)

So the alliance get to help(beg) the horde to kill garrosh and shitty quest lore for 2 expansions
    while horde get full epic lore quests in 2 expansions and kill garrosh= fair deal from horde point of view
    (horde = main force // alliance = side kick)
    No, you should shut up because you did get good lore quests and you're suffering from a debilitating "grass is greener" complex.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    ...and now Blizzard has told us that after the siege of Orgrimmar Alliance will retreat from Orc lands...but they get nothing in return.
    Um... was this really confirmed? Any quote or link would be very welcome, as I cannot wrap my mind around such 'revelation'.