Poll: Weakest WoW Expansion

Page 1 of 21
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Weakest WoW Expansion

in ur opinion, what was the weakest overall expansion?
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

Cataclysm. It felt very disconnected with the different zones here and there, and players want to feel a bigger sense of "place" that cataclysm didn't offer like all the other expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrath.

/10char

Cataclysm. Though it did give us Worgen (my favorite race!), so I can't complain too much.

Behold, as this thread fills with cataclysm.

cata !
    i realy did not like cata ^^

Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RetardFilter View Post
    Hello guys! Offering my services once more:

No need to thank me guys!
    your services sucks
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

Deleted
    Cataclysm hate comments incoming guys. :P Its gonna be cataclysmic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fighting Deathwing's head and arms was an underwhelming end to an underwhelming expansion.

Cataclysm....the failed to produced promised raids, and DS was a fairly disjointed and confusing raid, that seemed to be made up of the scraps from the abyssal maw raid. Also we never really got to fight Deathwing. Plus, even though I'm horde, Worgen can't be shaman, and that is just crazy. I mean shaman are all about wolves and worgen are WOLF PEOPLE, and that was the biggest disappointment

It's a tough choice between Cata and TBC for me.

TBC was just kinda weaksauce, IMO. Nothing about it really grips me and pulls me in.

Cata, the individual areas were well crafted, but each one was basically an island.

I will go with TBC as the weakest expansion. Cata failed on a collective level, but TBC failed on both an individual and collective level.

Weakest in terms of what?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

it goes Cata>BC>Wotlk>MoP. Cataclysm was by far the best expansion imho.

Cata. MoP isn't too far ahead though.

Wrath without a doubt in my mind. Only era of WoW I've ever even thought about unsubbing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cataclysm.
    Cataclysm.
    &
    Cataclysm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cata. So much of it felt rushed. The reusing of old content instead of making new content. The lack of anything to do at max level. The whole 'hopping though portals into different zones' aspect, and the overall story and character development for several lore characters was off.
    #boycottchina

Not too shocking to see Cata pulling ahead quickly. Honestly, I think 75% of Cata's problems were simply that they sank so freakin' much of their resources into redoing Azeroth, that when they got to the actual content for the expansion left they were forced to scrape together just enough to be satisfactory. It may very well have been the weakest anyway, based on a rather poor final raid tier and confused identity (expansions w/o their own continent just don't make sense), but it sealed the deal by a mile, for me and a lot of others, when they simultaneously wasted so much effort on an excessive overhaul of a dated, but still perfectly functional, Azeroth. Imagine how improved the expansion might have been if they took 50% of that 1-60 effort and added it to 80-85 content. Guess we'll never know, but it seems like the answer in hind sight, and Blizz has pretty much concluded the same thing at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Cata. So much of it felt rushed. The reusing of old content instead of making new content. The lack of anything to do at max level. The whole 'hopping though portals into different zones' aspect, and the overall story and character development for several lore characters was off.
    Pretty much for all the reasons he listed.