Poll: Weakest WoW Expansion

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Recycling all the old bosses (Onyxia, Nefarian, Ragnaros,...), messing up my personal favourite leveling zones (Barrens, Tanaris,...) and a weak final raid which was overall just disappointing. First Boss was a joke, Hagara was settled in a recycled boss room, Ultraxion was a nightmare as feral druid, gunship fights are always terrible, spine is not even a real boss and fighting a tentacle dragon is just plain stupid in my opinion.

The expansion i have bothered to play least at is MoP, but i never really raided in it, only did PVP (which was freaking horrible btw), so i must throw my vote to Cataclysm.

Cataclysm was good at some points, but failed at a lot more.

Good things:
    - Zone revamping to match the present storyline when exp came out.
    - Two new races
    - Five new zones.
    - Gearscore got screwed becasue of average item level was introduced.
    - Storyline was pretty good told in the questlines.

Bad things:
    - Zone revamps led to bad quests. While there is a lot more variation to the quests, the quests became too easy. And the zones became to liniair and boring.
    - Elite mob dangers in the world were downgraded and so the danger was gone as 5-man groupquests were removed.
    - Flying everywhere
    - Teleports to the new zones. I hoped so that Blizzard wouldn't do this. I hoped that the main reason to add flying everywhere was to reach those new zones. I think teleporting ruins the game as it makes people lazy.
    - The Deathwing fight was huge disappointment. I always imagined to a fight at the top of the Grim Batol mountain top. The raid would stand on the mountain cliff edge and fight against Deathwing who is flying forth and back while adds attacked from the tunnels in the back.
    - Entering Deepholm through the maelstrom was just weird. Rocky cliff around the maelstrom doesn't fit the place. Maelstrom is the middle of the ocean, right? Why are cliffs there? What is the location of Nazjatar now, because cliffs are standing on its location. And the Rift beneath the Maelstrom is it still there? Deepholm entrance should be elsewhere.

Cata > Pandaria > WotLK > TBC in terms of worse to best.

Deleted
    For me:
    Cata > TBC >> MoP > Wrath (worst to best)

For me it's pretty much the same order as the poll right now.
    Worst to best
    Cata > Mop >>> BC > Wrath

Deleted
    As much as i love the revamp to all azeroth and some new zones i think Cataclysm is the weakest compared to the others ,cause of the content.

Deleted
    Cata

The whole fact that I could just fly over zones and drop in to grab my quest items made the zones really forgetable to me. Sure it was quick and easy, but it wasn't much fun. Also, I leveled multiple alts of each class during that expansion because I was raid ready on each one of them within a week or 2 and couldn't do anything besides raid and PvP, which I didn't do much at the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrath was dying. WoW needed a spark. Cata hopefuls were everywhere. Game didn`t deliver on many ends; massive hp pools and no 1-shottingz-feelings (pvp-side)
    Also, the mmo genre has become a grind fest, and ppl no longer explore the world/areas or learn new shizzlets.

Everyone wants an ez moad for gear optimization. Thottbot days <3

Deleted
    Cata, and here's why (for me)
    - Deadmines revamp
    - Nothing to so at max level besides raiding or queueing for heroics
    - WAY too many months of Zandalari heroics

On the plus side, it did give me time to level 10 classes to 85 and get a few time-consuming achievements. Also, the heroics were good at the start of the expansion.

Deleted
    For myself it is by far WotLK. "heroic" dungeons were nothing like the bc heroics. T7 was just... awful? T9 was the worst Raidtier of all time and you could do it 4 times a week per character.

I think most of the Cata hate is related to DS and I can totally understand that.

I voted Cataclysm, but that's mostly because of the duration of the last raid patch. It's basicly where all the complaints come from I guess. I loved what they've done with the revamps, the startingzones of the new races and the first raidingcontent.

How can anyone say MOP was weak? Seriously? Wotlk was a lot weaker.
    MOP has improved on everything that was done before and added so much non-raid content.

I played all the expansions and other than nostalgia blinding people I can't see how they can think this.

MOP is the best expansion so far, even taking vanilla into account.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cata started off strong, then dwindled. But Cata brought a lot of great stuff out.

I would have to say WotLK though, it was far too easy at launch, ICC was out way too long, it had the worst raid boss in history (flame levi) and the 2 worst raids in history (ToC & Hallion). Naxx was also a disgrace, along with Sarth and Maly. The 5 mans were also too easy. Ulduar was about the only good thing about WotLK, PVP was also terrible (but it's always been in this game, it was just worse in WotLK).

Healing was also a joke in WotLK, it was basically spam your heart out and never go oom, no damage going on? nevermind, just continue spam healing anyway, you may as well.

Sometimes I wish time travel was possible, so I could take people back to WotLK and you would see with your own eyes how bored you were at many parts of the WotLK timeline. Gotta love blind nostalgia.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2013-08-21 at 09:26 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowJester View Post
    Cataclysm....the failed to produced promised raids, and DS was a fairly disjointed and confusing raid, that seemed to be made up of the scraps from the abyssal maw raid. Also we never really got to fight Deathwing. Plus, even though I'm horde, Worgen can't be shaman, and that is just crazy. I mean shaman are all about wolves and worgen are WOLF PEOPLE, and that was the biggest disappointment
    Shamans are all about SPIRITS ( and elements ). The spirit wolf is a Spirit which takes the shape of a WOLF. You could probably get em in other shapes too.

And my votes are (1st is Worst. Last is best) : Cata < TBC < WoTLK < MoP.

However Vanilla had the best PvP. Even when it had NO BGs. ( Original AV + Tarrenmill Vs Southshore battles were EPIC. But in TBC everyone moved to some purple city called Shatrah.)
    Last edited by mmoc7b4f7d85d9; 2013-08-21 at 09:34 AM.

I liked wrath but back then my server wasn't dead like it is now.

Cata was pretty much garbage minus the redone leveling and firelands.

MoP has been somewhat ok in my eyes because despite all the dailies that it has they are atleast something to keep you occupied. That and the raids aren't too bad either both in terms of scale and difficulty, some of them have their spots but overall pretty good i'd think.

I very much suspect that, if you asked this again after the next expansion hits, MOP would have far more votes. People are still playing it and feel the need to defend it, many people staunchly defended Cata when it was still active too. I also suspect that those choosing TBC are people who are angry at everyone saying it was the best expansion and hating on the current one, so are choosing TBC with the intention of marking it down, probably those who started in Cata/Wrath. Much like people have to hate on the best MMO etc.

MoP by far, one big pile of shit. Atleast Cata had 4.0...
    Last edited by Mongoose19; 2013-08-21 at 10:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cata unfortunately

Atleast Cata had 4.1...
    yay two "newish" 5mans 0o
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2013-08-21 at 09:34 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by godded View Post
    @Craakar: Is this based on how achievable it was to see and maybe clear the whole instance, or what makes raids likeable to you?
    Actually, individual bosses.

I loved every boss in BWD except the golem thing. Whereas in the whole of Tier 14 the only bosses I liked were Feng and Elegon.