Poll: Weakest WoW Expansion

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    In order of descending "weakness", for me it probably would be:

Cata > MoP > BC > WotLK

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Iciya Sunwing View Post
    However Vanilla had the best PvP. Even when it had NO BGs. ( Original AV + Tarrenmill Vs Southshore battles were EPIC. But in TBC everyone moved to some purple city called Shatrah.)
    Just watch a vanilla pvp movie. It might felt most epic back then, but imo and compared to now, PvP also felt incredibly slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Raeven1301 View Post
    I also suspect that those choosing TBC are people who are angry at everyone saying it was the best expansion and hating on the current one, so are choosing TBC with the intention of marking it down, probably those who started in Cata/Wrath.
    You know what different opinions are, don't you?
    I never understood why some people like TBC so much. I think it easily was the weaktest expansion after Cata.
    It offered pretty much nothing really interesting outside of raids. Ok, PvP was quite ok. But that's it.

After awesome bc and wrath xpacs came cata.
    cata had nice features but...
    cata was weak.
    IMO.

All of them had massive flaws to remember in terror and good points which I can remember fondly.
    Cata as a whole was not that bad, even content wise, if you actually took the redone content into consideration and accepted it as part of the package that simply took from the max level content, it wasn't that bad overall. Of course the last raid was of piss poor quality, they retconned the sundering once again and on top of that it lacked cohesion in places. Woltk for example also had the piss poor tournament raid, the 1 years ICC torture, the brezze through naxx boredom and the tiring double lockouts for 10 and 25 man raiding guilds. TBC wasn't the holy grail either, the damn thing had so much boring and tedious stuff back then as well, the only saving grace it has was that it still gave sense of accomplishment, but that is just something that you can't marked nowadays.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2013-08-21 at 09:58 AM.

TBC. Least amount of content during the longest timeframe, and a lot of crappy/not viable talent trees.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    But back in that time you were not worried about searching for guys in Trade, even if it took long time. Back in that time WoW was a social game, but nowadays EVERYTHING must be fast and social things dont care anyone. It's not only WoW, its everywhere like that
    You are right, however times are changing other mmo's are easier and faster/more userfriendly than wow was back then and blizzard just adapts to that situation. So thanks to this the game had many quality of life changes and no matter who says blizzard is wrong I'd never go back to how it was back before. It was just a terrible system. Sure I had hours to waste spamming trade since I was at school back then. University these days doesnt leave me that kind of time to waste on doing nothing. I'd rather queue up and kill something get loot and logout.

Deleted
    Cataclysm for sure, way too dull.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    MoP added 3 tiers that were easily on par with Ulduar.
    I'm sorry SoO is on live atm, and you've played through it? T14 was alright, better than Cataclysm, but not Ulduar quality. Throne of Thunder was decent, but again, not Ulduar quality. None of the fights so far this expansion have really compared to 25H LK imo either.

Saying non-raid content doesn't matter is really silly when more than 80% of your players never see anything else, though. If anything, raid content is what doesn't really matter.
    Isn't that what LFR is for? I mean the last few times I've been in there on alts, there have been plenty of people "seeing the content". However, if you're going to say something as stupid as "Raid content is what really doesn't matter". Consider this, WoW isn't built on PvP, nor is it built on dailies, or pet battles, not on exalted grinds or anything else...WoW is built on raids

Then again you can't look beyond "LolKawaii"(which is a Japanese term and doesn't fit at all) and "MuhCasual".
    Chinese, Japanese, there might be a difference, but it honestly doesn't matter which Asian Culture Pandaria is based off from, it's all garbage imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    I think you need to realise that 1 raid and 1 raid boss do not make an expansion the best ever!
    Well, thank God, then, that I never said WotLK was "the best ever!" I just said it was stronger than MoP.

Deleted
    Cata is the only time I ever actively cancelled my sub. FL and DS... blegh.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    I'm sorry SoO is on live atm, and you've played through it? T14 was alright, better than Cataclysm, but not Ulduar quality. Throne of Thunder was decent, but again, not Ulduar quality. None of the fights so far this expansion have really compared to 25H LK imo either.

Isn't that what LFR is for? I mean the last few times I've been in there on alts, there have been plenty of people "seeing the content". However, if you're going to say something as stupid as "Raid content is what really doesn't matter". Consider this, WoW isn't built on PvP, nor is it built on dailies, or pet battles, not on exalted grinds or anything else...WoW is built on raids

Chinese, Japanese, doesn't matter what Pandaria is based off from, it's all garbage imo.
    Considering how hateful you are towards the eastern theme, it's ironic your forum title is Pandaren Monk.

It's crazy, as much as I loathe Pandaria too much to play outside of the PTR and was bored in Cataclysm, Wrath is the first time I ever unsubscribed.

It was Argent Tourney...

That Argent Tourney and ToC was the worst possible thing that ever happened to WoW. It gave developers the idea that they could replace new content with dailies, it let them know that people would stick with it even if a raid was a tiny zone full of recycled mobs, and it cut down the amount of time I could spend in Ulduar.

Now, I wouldn't say Wrath is my least favorite, I was loving it up till that point; I just think maybe it introduced things that are still causing problems now.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Chinese, Japanese, there might be a difference, but it honestly doesn't matter which Asian Culture Pandaria is based off from, it's all garbage imo.
    Considering the original concept art for the Pandaren had them wearing Samurai armor you aren't the only one who was thinking that.
    Last edited by hrugner; 2013-08-21 at 10:04 AM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cataclysm. It was soo poorly executed that they spent almost all the resources on remaking 1-60 leveling and making little 85 content and even most of it was unexciting like za/zg remake or failsoul. Destruction of wpvp by adding guards, making "rated" battle grounds as an excuse for not making any new pvp content. So it was bad for both PvE and PvP players.

Quote Originally Posted by Raqubor View Post
    Can you elaborate why you think MOP is shit? Are you even playing?
    Played enough to know I wont touch WoW again for very long time (unless they totally change their concept of game). MoP is - awful bland storyline, the most painful questing ever (boring as hell, you can't go thru the same quests more than once), too much effort put in dailies which already became horrible in cata and were made only worse in MoP, raids that don't feel epic (level of Dragon Soul), faceroll heroics, scenarios which should've never been made as they are too easy and too boring with even worse storyline. Also asian theme just doesn't fit WoW. New talent system is the worst thing imaginable in RPG game (could fit FPS game not RPG). Plus more and more emphasis put on game shop. Could go on like that forever.

Cataclysm.

It had an incredible launch with it's opening raid tier being one of the best tiers ever. The old world was also revamped, giving players reason to go back and level up a new alt.

So what happened? Subpar patch content.

- Firelands was delayed for 4.1 and in its place was 2 old raids turned into 5 man heroics (one which was a copy and paste).

- Firelands was released for 4.2, but the Abyssal Maw was scrapped. So 6+ months after Cata' launch, we got a raid with 7 bosses (the only amazing fight being H Rag).

- The War of the Ancients raid was scrapped and turned into a 5 man. Dragon Soul is on par with ToGC as being the worst raid ever. Best thing about 4.3 was transmog and Void Storage.

There's also a few small things such as:

- Neptulon storyline getting cut with the Abyssal Maw removal (though hopefully that arc is explored in the future with "The Dark Below" if it deals with Azshara)

- Worgen/Forsaken storyline getting cut suddenly. It was the best new storyline in the revamped old world too.

- A lot of WTF for the Alliance (and I've always been a Horde guy since 05)

- Tol Barad battle ground being a disappointment, especially since Wintergrasp was awesome.

- Lack of unified theme since all 5 zones had their own storylines. The storylines were great, but having 5 separate storylines was too much when Wrath nailed it with 2 main storylines (Scourge and Titans) with a bunch of smaller stories a long the way.

- Lack of the traditional "New world expansion feel" since there was no sanctuary, nor was there a new unified continent. I think that if the zones were primarily the 4 elemental planes all connected with a couple of filler zones (insert recently created jungle, snow area and highlands due to the elements going crazy,etc), it would have been great. Hyjal could have been a leveling zones (with obvious questing redesign) and Uldum as well as Twilight Highlands not needed to be new zones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    You are right, however times are changing other mmo's are easier and faster/more userfriendly than wow was back then and blizzard just adapts to that situation. So thanks to this the game had many quality of life changes and no matter who says blizzard is wrong I'd never go back to how it was back before. It was just a terrible system. Sure I had hours to waste spamming trade since I was at school back then. University these days doesnt leave me that kind of time to waste on doing nothing. I'd rather queue up and kill something get loot and logout.
    Same counts for me. But back in that time I had the time, I used it and I enjoyed it. It was no problem for our guild to wipe on a single boss for weeks. That changed in WotlK when they adapted the faster playing style. We had problems to get the people for LK Heroic after time (and we were not even bad, rank 60 on the world, so it was pretty fast compared to others). And after that Cata launched and you needed time to kill something, because it was harder. So the people disliked it. Everything became easier again. Then MoP came. Easy Heroics...people could kill things faster, but what happened? They were bored pretty fast because it was too easy. After that they had the chance for extra rolls, nothing necessary you need for raiding. But you had to spend some time for it. You had to do some dailies but you were never forced to farm these. People disliked this. They want everything NOW and dont wanna spend time on it. If they would change it completely everyone would be bored again.

TLR; No game will be capable of satisfying players again. It will never happen again. Because times changed. There were great games like The Last of Us, GTA V is going to start soon...there were still crying guys about Last of Us, and I bet same will happen with GTA...

That is why I stopped hearing on other guys....I will try it myself...I will love or hate it. I like MoP very much for example. I don't care if they lose players. Even more, I enjoy seeing those guys going away.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Cata unfortunately

yay two "newish" 5mans 0o
    My mistake I meant 4.0 and the 3 awesome raids and semi-hard heroics, sadly it lasted very shortly before nerfing started.

Cata then pandaland

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    Played enough to know I wont touch WoW again for very long time (unless they totally change their concept of game). MoP is - awful bland storyline, the most painful questing ever (boring as hell, you can't go thru the same quests more than once), too much effort put in dailies which already became horrible in cata and were made only worse in MoP, raids that don't feel epic (level of Dragon Soul), faceroll heroics, scenarios which should've never been made as they are too easy and too boring with even worse storyline. Also asian theme just doesn't fit WoW. New talent system is the worst thing imaginable in RPG game (could fit FPS game not RPG). Plus more and more emphasis put on game shop. Could go on like that forever.
    Strange how we can have such different opinions. I think MoP has the best quest content so far (I have 5 level 90s), not to mention all the non-raid activities. Yes, Heroics are too easy, but in their place, doing Heroic Scenarios with 3 DPS is a good challenge. I even wish they added more daily zones.
    I still think you didn't even bother to get in to the story if you think it is bad. They created a living world compared to other expansions. A continent with its own legends.

Deleted
    Anyone stating WotLK being good with 3.2 ToC should get their heads chopped off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best to worst: WotLK=MoP>>BC>>Cataclysm

MoP has a very good chance of surpassing WotLK as the best expansion to date.

Haters gonna hate, but MoP is really one hell of an achievement in terms of pure quality.