Poll: Weakest WoW Expansion

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Efrye View Post
    I don't care for the lore around that raid even one bit. The bosses in this raid were fun and that's all I need plus there was no trash, I can't emphasize this more.
    Then you're an oddball playing an RPG.

And you will have four levels for each upcoming raid in the future, get used to it.
    And how exactly this disproves my point?

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skymane View Post
    mop, disney expansion
    I'm sorry but

10+ Year Old Account
    For me from worst to best overall Cata > Wrath > MoP >>>>> BC.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me it's both cataclysm and Mists. Cataclysm for me lacked raid bosses especially with FL and DS, also I hated how the endboss of the expac was divided into 2 very boring repetitive boss fights. I also think that cata missed some things to do besides pvp or pve, something Mists clearly made up for. Allthough I think that blizzard has tried to put too much of everything in this one expasion.

I don't like pokémon inside WoW, don't really feel like doing brawlers guild or so many daily quests. PVP has been fairly inbalance (but when has it not, i guess..). I did enjoy the first and second tier of raids this expansion though.

Nimryas - EU-Kazzak ~ My youtube channel

Deleted
    If it wasn't for Ragnaros heroic Cataclysm would've been a huge dissapointment to me. Firelands was alright, but DS was a huge let down and around for way too long.

But I'm probably going to go with Cata.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasami View Post
    Then you're an oddball playing an RPG.
    Because I only care for the gameplay? There are a lot of my kind out there, at least I know plenty. A raid doesn't feel strange for me just because of some made-up stuff called lore.

And how exactly this disproves my point?
    It doesn't, I just said you should get used to it. For me it's not a negative point, so you are the one who must accept this.

Cata was terrible. End patch had both the worse things to ever happen to the game (Dragon soul and LFR)

All though t11 was great.

Deleted
    WotLK: I loved the questing part of game, killing zombies and zombiebugs. Raiding was kinda easy, our noobish team wiped up to heroic Lich King after all. Arthas was pretty epic.
    Cata: Questing was kinda meh and zones all over the world wasn't good. Raiding was challenging, we really struggled trough the T11. Only got 4 heroic bosses down in DS. I liked the raiding part because of challenge.
    MoP: I have two chars at lvl90. Thats it. CBA to play more, it just lacks something i can't point my finger at. So for me this has been the most depressing expansion ever.

MoP for me cata was crappy too very disjointed leveling ect but mop really brought the lets dumb it all down so 4 year olds can have a good time.

Deleted
    Because I only care for the gameplay? There are a lot of my kind out there, at least I know plenty. A raid doesn't feel strange for me just because of some made-up stuff called lore.
    Oh, gameplay setting isn't made up? This game wasn't fictitious after all? I know plenty of people who don't really care about appealing to like-minded persons, so there's that.

It doesn't, I just said you should get used to it. For me it's not a negative point, so you are the one who must accept this.
    What are you rambling?

10+ Year Old Account
    For someone who loved TBC? Everything that came after that

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Except in reality it's the darkest expansion to date. Idiot.
    By dark I'm guessing you mean MoP has the most slaying of innocent lives and stuff like that?

Well, I like MoP but Cataclysm was about a dragon slaughtering innocent lives around the entire world and destroying there homes in the process showing no remorse. Wrath was about the slaughtering of innocent lives and rising them as undead to slaughter more innocent lives. BC was about the burning legion..who also... slaughtered innocent lives.

Of course MoP has it's "dark" moments with Garrosh slaughtering innocent trolls and other races and a lot of other stuff but I wouldn't call it the "darkest" expansion.

Deleted
    Oh, gameplay setting isn't made up? This game wasn't fictitious after all? I know plenty of people who don't really care about appealing to like-minded persons, so there's that.
    How do you come from gameplay to the setting? The first evolves around mechanics and stuff like that, the setting more around the environment, which indeed is made-up and bound to the lore.

What are you rambling?
    You mentioned having four levels of that raid as a negative point. I don't mind this, but apparently it somehow is a problem for you. So you are the one that needs to accept it and get used to it instead of expecting me to disprove that point.

Deleted
    How do you come from gameplay to the setting? The first evolves around mechanics and stuff like that, the setting more around the environment, which indeed is made-up and bound to the lore.
    You don't seem to quite understand the issue at hand about fictive and made-up things.

You mentioned having four levels of that raid as a negative point. I don't mind this, but apparently it somehow is a problem for you. So you are the one that needs to accept it and get used to it instead of expecting me to disprove that point.
    How about you maybe, just MAYBE, accept the fact that your apparent emotion-driven projecting is shooting on walls rather than getting into any point?

Deleted
    After all, it definitely comes down to what you enjox doing.

MoP for example keeps me entertained enough to continue playing every single day despite the fact that all my guildies already quit, and the fact that I'm playing alone most of the time.
    In BC, there would be literally nothing I could do in such a situation (apart from looking for a new guild/friends to do stuff with, obviously).
    I sometimes logged on during night time when no one was online - what activities were there?
    Mostly farming reps and doing random BGs. Great.
    No achievements to collect, no pet battles, not much content to solo, not many dailies (with quite a low daily cap). MoP simply added a ton of things to do.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone stating WotLK being good with 3.2 ToC should get their heads chopped off.
    WotLK TotGC wasn't the best indeed, but at least the lore, the areas, quests, ICC and one of the best raids we've ever got, Ulduar... WotLK was a huge expansion, the largest by far and it was fun to play it if you like Warcraft. Of course it was a disap to have so many raid formats, they should have keep it as in TBC and never introduce Ilvl... but hell, WotLK was far better than Cata, Cata had nothing, Firelands.... and it wasn't as good as Ulduar, not even close..

Quote Originally Posted by Orcindauh View Post
    By dark I'm guessing you mean MoP has the most slaying of innocent lives and stuff like that?

Well, I like MoP but Cataclysm was about a dragon slaughtering innocent lives around the entire world and destroying there homes in the process showing no remorse. Wrath was about the slaughtering of innocent lives and rising them as undead to slaughter more innocent lives. BC was about the burning legion..who also... slaughtered innocent lives.

Of course MoP has it's "dark" moments with Garrosh slaughtering innocent trolls and other races and a lot of other stuff but I wouldn't call it the "darkest" expansion.
    MoP is about us doing those things. That's why it is darker.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Aehm, where is this Poll Option, "i like all expansion"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Cata. So much of it felt rushed. The reusing of old content instead of making new content. The lack of anything to do at max level. The whole 'hopping though portals into different zones' aspect, and the overall story and character development for several lore characters was off.
    Agreed. Most of the zones were just not memorable.

I can still tell you what I did in Nagrand or Netherstorm, but I don't even know anymore what I did in Deepholm or Twilight Highlands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, Cataclysm was the worst; it just lacked effort, polish and imagination with an audience who felt that lack. MoP has also lacked something, but you can't say Blizzard haven't pulled out all the stops to make the game more interesting again. That said, the more casual players who build communities have simply been chased away by brutal raid difficulty and the smashing up of more communal practices.

It's interesting that Wrath is the least disliked (not to be confused with the favourite, though I'm sure it'd win that poll assuming it happened); not even TBC, the so called golden age of the game, can get less "no votes" than Northrend.

I just wish Blizzard learned that fact at the time, but a new and less talented development team didn't help.

Oh, well.