Page 1 of 2
LastLast

5.4 Affliction gemming: Haste or Mastery?

I haven't played Affliction seriously since before ToT, so I'm kinda getting back to it (since they're burying my beloved Destro off)

Are you still supposed to go Full Haste or there's a new threshold in which case you're supposed to swap for Mastery?

IMO everything leads to Mastery > Haste >> Crit

Maybe we should aim for the lowerest breakpoint possible, but never sacrifice a lot of mastery to reach it.

Deleted
    probably we aim for 9778 or 6647 haste and put the rest in mastery.

Looks like Haste to 9778 > Mastery > Haste > crit

I am near the 9778 break point so I dump the rest into Mastery. It's working out pretty good for me so far. IMO you'd have to sacrifice too much mastery to even get to the next break point.

I'm looking ahead to 5.4 affliction and am debating whether to go 9778 or 13K'ish on haste with the rest to mastery on a 550ilvl budget. I have a chanye and UVLS so obviously not the best aff trinkets but hoping to coin a HTF wush between now and 5.4 (though no luck in the last 20 weeks lol so not exactly expecting anything lol).

With the 5.4 changes its clear mastery is improving but with the ilvl swell and budgets being pretty up there going to the next breakpoint seems pretty easy.

Deleted
    at the very least you should try reaching 13737 haste for the extra corr tick and then put the rest into mastery. personally im going after the 18207 haste breakpoint coz it will give me 1 tick with corr and UA afaik but that wont be possible until i get mostly hc gear, so until then ill stick with the 13737 haste.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I seem to hit the almost 14k haste breakpoint pretty easy with haste gems and reforges with my mastery raid buffed being 1k or so under my haste. And where the ilvl is jumping up another 20 levels or so, we will most likely be able to sit on that and then stack lots of mastery.

EDIT: Forgot to mention my gear is about 548ilvl. :X
    Last edited by Blazybear; 2013-08-20 at 05:04 AM.

Haste and mastery are probably going to continue to scale synergistically with each other meaning it's probably more likely you'll want a decent balance of haste/mastery leaning slightly towards more mastery than haste

Deleted
    i hope blizz is announcing the official release date today so we can get some sims with final numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by parayok View Post
    i hope blizz is announcing the official release date today so we can get some sims with final numbers.
    They have already said the patch will hit the say the season ends and the season is expected to end the 27th. I think the only way we will get a more thorough announcement is if they feel they can't make the 27th and instead push it back 1 week. So, my guess is that so long as we don't hear anything to the contrary, expect 5.4 to hit Tuesday in the U.S. (I'm just hoping they toss out another ptr patch with some destruction before this weekend so I can give it a try this weekend).

There was some talk about the patch being delayed to the 10th on Gamescom but there's no confirmation.

I'm at 548 with HTF Breath + H Wushoolay + N UVLS, so hitting the 13k threshold is probably not gonna be too much of a challenge. I'd need to simcraft but I can see that being very possible.

Thanks all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gihelle View Post
    There was some talk about the patch being delayed to the 10th on Gamescom but there's no confirmation.

I'm at 548 with HTF Breath + H Wushoolay + N UVLS, so hitting the 13k threshold is probably not gonna be too much of a challenge. I'd need to simcraft but I can see that being very possible.

Thanks all.
    yeah, in ilvl 548 it will be a breeze to reach the 13737ish breakpoint, im ilvl 540 and i can reach it quite easily but ofc it depends a great deal on the items you've focused on getting.

548 and I still can't get my hit low enough to use wushoo
    5.4 I will probably start reforging out of hit instead of crit on hit-crit items though, cause uvls won't really be an option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rijn dael View Post
    548 and I still can't get my hit low enough to use wushoo
    5.4 I will probably start reforging out of hit instead of crit on hit-crit items though, cause uvls won't really be an option.
    Thank god. I'm so tired of that piece of shit trinket. Having that much dps tied to a rando proc is out of hand.

In current heroic gear 13737 haste with 8k+ mastery is doable. Going into SoO most locks who are clearing flex and normal should be able to get near these points. Heroic geared characters will likely push for the 18207 haste point.

tbh I won't be sad to see it go - so long as it is flat out gone, rather than situational.

However - I do really like demo atm, and don't really want to see affi becoming the *only* spec for progression - especially since they aren't compatible gear-wise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by parayok View Post
    probably we aim for 9778 or 6647 haste and put the rest in mastery.
    That's going to be hard, for me not even having all TF items from the raid, I can't get under 10k Haste. Eitherway with the new SoO gear having more stats aka haste in this case, and what I can see more sockets(?) I would personally go for the next haste cap of Agony, Agony has also been buffed with some DMG. While you go for the next Agony cap you also get another UA cap. (UA cap: 12439 while Agony cap is: 12392, so around 12.5k haste)

In general; the ULVS is going to be just hm, shit.
    Gonna play the PTR and see if you will be able to get the Timeless trinket, or if the trinket from Animus can dropped or be coined for once.(fk crit tho)

Hopefully chan ye is under rated for aff for the same reason you see the T16 bonus almost always up....even w' minimal crit you get lots of crit events with aff. Thus you might see chanye a viable option for normal. Especially for us demo converts who have it + a UVLS (and nothing else since trinket drops suck).

I've been messing with 9778 haste > mastery > haste >>>> crit. Could go higher (550ilvl budget) but still not sure which breakpoint we should stop at. With zerking, lust, meta proc, etc its pretty easy to gcd cap or at least see some crazy fast channeling. I think as long as we keep our haste vs mastery in a roughly balanced ratio we will be fine. IE 9778 haste w' 12K mastery or 13K haste w' 9K mastery. So something like a 60:40 or 70:30 max deviation rule in either direction?

Quote Originally Posted by Werst View Post
    I think as long as we keep our haste vs mastery in a roughly balanced ratio we will be fine. IE 9778 haste w' 12K mastery or 13K haste w' 9K mastery. So something like a 60:40 or 70:30 max deviation rule in either direction?
    Not sure how up to date simc model is at this point, but once it is updated, it should be pretty easy to tell

Where have you been testing on ptr? being scaled to 470-522 kind of ruins my ability to test things that I want to see - although it is fun using dragonwrath again