Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Devboy View Post
    PFFFT says the one who piggybacked on our kill without having to deal with all the wipes on previous nights!

quick question about the Weak Aura's. Is it something that if used, the entire raid has to use it? Or could people opt out of using it and just use memory for the rotation of Vita Soaks?
    You don't have to have everyone use them. All it does is this: you put the person you are after as your focus. They get Unstable Vita > the WA shows you to go to X. It chains to you, WA shows you to go to Y. You bounce it to the next person, it shows you go to back to Z (raid stack point). All this assuming the positioning from the Vox guide.
    So you can totally have people do it out of memory, if they so desire.

10+ Year Old Account
    We had 7 people using the Vox Weak Aura and 2 people using a screen glowing Power Aura. Our Brewmaster, who wasn't in the rotation, obviously didn't bother.

Imo, do your team a favour and just make everyone get Weak Auras and import the Vox (or equivalent) aura and pewpew!
    <Judge> Alonsus-EU. 6/8M Uldir
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!

Deleted
    You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

Fantastic guide! GJ!

Deleted
    Fuck you Dev, I still have over 100 wipes on that boss! I rerolled engineering *just* to do it and you then you sat me out for a week and a half xD It ain't easy being a shaman...

I'll pass on the weakaura, I'm happy just remembering Tom's unbelievably well drawn diagram

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeruge View Post
    Fuck you Dev, I still have over 100 wipes on that boss! I rerolled engineering *just* to do it and you then you sat me out for a week and a half xD It ain't easy being a shaman...

I'll pass on the weakaura, I'm happy just remembering Tom's unbelievably well drawn diagram
    Just make sure you don't mess up the rotation then - it's SOOO annoying when someone says they don't want the weak aura and then messes it up and causes a wipe :P

Enjoy Ra-Den!
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!

Deleted
    His voice gives my ears orgasms, I will definitely enjoy that fight, thank you

I'm not the kind who forgets tactics, I'm a good lickle raider ^.^

Hi, thanks for your great guide. I just want to clarify some things.

You mentioned if your DPS is high enough then you can push him without leveling overcharge. By this you mean that you can push him to 33% just by standing on the East platform correct? That way the overcharged pylon will be at zero energy and it won't level up from being at level 2?

Also, if we do level up the overcharged to 3, then which formation do you think would be better?
    2/2/6 formation with 2 tanks, 2 solo soakers (1 rogue and 1 boomkin with symbiosis solo soaker ability) and 2 healers + everyone else on the left over platform with a shaman throwing down grounding for the diffusion chain (we could set up groups such that 5 people on the 6 platform are in one group and the left over is a melee who doesn't get targeted by diffusion chain) then we could just stack up for overcharge?
    3/3/4 formation with 1 tank + 2 dps, 1 tank + 2 dps, 2 healers + 2 dps would be better?

Last, any idea what static shock will be hitting for on the second transition?
    Edit: Maybe just let me confirm, if we're disabling static shock first it will permanently be at level 2 and doing 1.5M to everything?

Thanks again for your awesome guide, probably helped us cut down the number of wipes due to WTF is going on by half
    Last edited by monikasun88; 2013-08-20 at 08:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi Monika,

No, if you stood at the East platform until T2 (30%), the pylon would be max level, so the Diffusion Chain adds that spawn would probably 1 or 2 shot raid members.

You level East (Diffusion) once, then on the 2nd Fusion Slash move to South (Overcharge), on the 3rd Fusion Slash move to West (Bouncing Bolt) and push the boss to 30% before the pylon levels - ideally before the 4th Fusion Slash. This means only DC levels up and only once as well, Overcharge isn't an issue as the damage is increased a bit but not levelled so you only get 3 each time during the transition (1 each active quadrant).

I would advice 3/3/4, because this means that an Overcharge will spawn in each quadrant, rather than 2 in one quadrant (3 players required in a quadrant to make Overcharge an option there). I would advise having both of your tanks together with a melee DPS with some self heal or a Mistweaver, this means you get no Diffusion Adds and can stack and spread easily. I'd advise having your 4 platform between the 3s, so your healers can reach both outer platform - this may not be an option for you and you might just not be interested, but I'd also strongly advise 3 healing as you'll probably have to slow DPS in P2 to get the timing right for going into T2. The DPS check for this fight is not a problem if your raid is ~540ilvl geared.

No idea what SS hits for during T2, 3 people stacked will survive it at ~30% HP with no mitigation (gauging by my frames!). With mitigation (barrier + personals) you can easily 2 soak it even without solo soaking classes. SS starts at level 0. Levels to 1 during T1 and levels to 2 during T2, there are some threads about stating damage per level but we basically either stack in groups of 3+ or solo soak at all times. During the transitions we try and avoid solo soaking, to have them available for P2 and P3.

If you have any other questions please let me know!
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by monikasun88 View Post
    snip
    By not leveling Overcharge, he means in phase 2 you will do like this: you level up diffusion chain + stay there for the 2nd fushion slash and then move, and then on overcharge you only stay until first fushion slash and then move on to bouncing bolt (generaly with this strat and worse gear/3 healing, you would do the same on overcharge as on diffusion chain) and obviously push before leveling there. In essence what it means is that you end up with leveled diffusion chain at 80~ energy and overcharge and bouncing bolt at 80~ energy (unleveled in this phase).

Overcharge is generaly not going to be a problem in transition phase unless people fail to stack (also afaik you can't totem diffusion chain in transition phase, but don't quote me on that). If people do fail to stack though, I feel it won't matter whether it's level 2, 3 or 4, most would get oneshot regardless. We did 1 tank + melee with immunity, 1 tank + healer with immunity and then 3/3. In second, we just split the tank + healer with immunity to the previous 3/3 quadrants.

As for static shock, yes, if you disable it first, it's going to do roughly 1.5 milion damage throughout the rest of the fight.

Edit: Beaten to it, but hopefuly some of this will help anyways!

SS after disabled should be level 1 94 energy meaning just over 1 mill in normal phases. For second transition if you have 2 melee who can solo soak (remember this one does less damage), go 2/2/6 to make the add killing a breeze. Don't do that with 1 melee though as if a 2 quadrant gets diffusion add it would be rough.

Quote Originally Posted by Zabuzan View Post
    Just make sure you don't mess up the rotation then - it's SOOO annoying when someone says they don't want the weak aura and then messes it up and causes a wipe :P

Enjoy Ra-Den!
    We did fine without the weakaura. Had our set order, and just stuck to it. Didn't cause any wipes.

We did however wipe to fatal strike. Dam tanks.

And we had issues DPSing down the red balls. Curse having to bring 2 melee due to lack of ranged dps.

We did hit 8% in p2, but one of our healers died at the start and we popped hero too soon in a sort of panic :P. So two healed the entire p2 and eventually just ran out of CD's.

No kill, but we should hopefully get him this reset (if we can kill Lei Shen again ....)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeruge View Post
    His voice gives my ears orgasms, I will definitely enjoy that fight, thank you

I'm not the kind who forgets tactics, I'm a good lickle raider ^.^
    My voice...?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devboy View Post
    We did fine without the weakaura. Had our set order, and just stuck to it. Didn't cause any wipes.

We did however wipe to fatal strike. Dam tanks.

And we had issues DPSing down the red balls. Curse having to bring 2 melee due to lack of ranged dps.

No kill, but we should hopefully get him this reset (if we can kill Lei Shen again ....)
    We've extended to try and kill Lei Shen tonight, have missed a lot of raids recently, too many people on holiday! If we can get Lei Shen tonight we are going to 2 heal / 2 tank Ra-Den again just due to available players. Hopefully see it down tonight, just before I go on holiday! :P 3 of our DPS are going to be melee (and a loose tank), so should be fun

What tanks do you have? No Brewmaster available? Prot Paladin is also pretty easy to avoid dying to Fatal Strike.. I have a Weak Aura was his energy bar and just have 5 HoPo and a Crusader Strike ready so I can double SotR, even if FataL Strike is delayed the shield should still be up.

Just hope we can kill Lei Shen tonight with a different team, to actually get 13/13HC /sigh
    Last edited by Zabuzan; 2013-08-21 at 10:12 AM.
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!

Could you extract that weak aura by any chance and post a link?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, off the top of my head, I think this is the one I used (had to search about a bit). Let me know if there are any problems, I can always export the custom one I've got if needed:

Ra-Den Energy Bar:
    dadUbaGEc0UiQ2MkA2IIVjKDkO9c7wK9RsXpjG)seJtcdvQKbRsPHJOJjuNtLSqc1svPYIjilhPNQ8yI0ZL0evPQPI WKLQMovxuQuxg11PyJesBMK2UuXVLYTjktJu9Dj60uAyQQrlknEcQpRk3IqCnsCEr1YiLNPchwGrmiWKH1J1dcmHfq vTYoevViQOq5s5FDPCE(lGQi6ryMKtTVhtbbMjzDm1MutfoMtTVhtbbMNtYyvpWnvmtLLq2kzkeJXD4KJ1vRKPyMkl HKPs5Kt2kzkeJr2kzQNtYi8JzswhtTj1uXmvwIjzDigZK4oCYXcmEdZuzjKTsM65KmedhltlOhey0wggeyYmzCliGd hoMvAlbHWCwyFwbzeQPGLlGQALDegFOHr5NTLiYjzSadnqOakMBLX0zfKrOMcMTh7UG750n32DIPVCSsBVNfHkxrYp oo()OIynfSKrgb1(EmTIWySSS9L1HONFTcnLdDn9OOlTtDOkI(jCSkwSCD5rYJ)yDqyS()dha
    Last edited by Zabuzan; 2013-08-21 at 10:16 AM.
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!

So, my group is still stuck on this damn boss. We have only gotten to phase 3 once (after half the team died in the 2nd transition).

We are saving lust to phase 3 (don't ask me why) and leveling Difuse Chain and Overcharge but if we lust in the 2nd phase we only level Difuse Chain and make the transition a loooooot easier.

By the way we are doing the 2nd transition like this:

East: Protection Paladin (me) and Blood Death Knight.
    South: Discipline Priest, Shadow Priest, Elemental Shaman and Balance Druid.
    West: Fury Warrior, Survival Hunter (we replaced our Frost Death Knight), Mistweaver Monk and Fire Mage.

So what happens is: since we level Overcharge and we have a quadrant with only tanks the other 2 quadrants get a lot of Overcharge and they really really fast.

In my mind we should lust in phase 2 and not let him level Overcharge and have the Shadow Priest stay with the tanks (because he can solo soak one static shock, if he gets a 2nd static shock we can stack on him and I can use hand of sacrifice).

What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Thyranne View Post
    So, my group is still stuck on this damn boss. We have only gotten to phase 3 once (after half the team died in the 2nd transition).

We are saving lust to phase 3 (don't ask me why) and leveling Difuse Chain and Overcharge but if we lust in the 2nd phase we only level Difuse Chain and make the transition a loooooot easier.

By the way we are doing the 2nd transition like this:

East: Protection Paladin (me) and Blood Death Knight.
    South: Discipline Priest, Shadow Priest, Elemental Shaman and Balance Druid.
    West: Fury Warrior, Survival Hunter (we replaced our Frost Death Knight), Mistweaver Monk and Fire Mage.

So what happens is: since we level Overcharge and we have a quadrant with only tanks the other 2 quadrants get a lot of Overcharge and they really really fast.

In my mind we should lust in phase 2 and not let him level Overcharge and have the Shadow Priest stay with the tanks (because he can solo soak one static shock, if he gets a 2nd static shock we can stack on him and I can use hand of sacrifice).

What do you think?
    disadvantage is he'll likely die if he gets the diffusion add on him since it hits like a truck in the second intermission (unless you drag it out and root it)

Advantage (and its a big one) is that you'll split overcharged between 3 quadrants, this avoids having 2 in one quadrant.

I'd move the SP over but not lust, doesn't matter if you get 3 overchargeds in 2nd intermission, they will always be spread evenly (ie 1 per quadrant) You'll want lust for the last phase.

Thanks for answering.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    disadvantage is he'll likely die if he gets the diffusion add on him since it hits like a truck in the second intermission (unless you drag it out and root it)
    I can stun the add as soon as it spawns which should give him enough time to DPS it and root if needed.

I'd move the SP over but not lust, doesn't matter if you get 3 overchargeds in 2nd intermission, they will always be spread evenly (ie 1 per quadrant) You'll want lust for the last phase
    That's the thing. We are leveling Overcharge so he does more Overcharge in the 2nd transition so even if the priest stays with us there'd be an extra Overcharge in one of the other 2 quadrants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi there,

You definitely don't need lust for P2! We 2 tank / 3 heal this fight and push P2 whilst only leveling Diffusion Chain without lust.

Are you 2 tank / 2 healing this but not managing to push P2 whilst only leveling Diffusion Chain? Do you have any logs?

After leveling Diffusion Chain, at what point do you move over to the Overcharge pylon? It sounds like it could be a timing issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Deja - please don't quote whole posts! It takes up loads of space :P
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!

Quote Originally Posted by Thyranne View Post
    That's the thing. We are leveling Overcharge so he does more Overcharge in the 2nd transition so even if the priest stays with us there'd be an extra Overcharge in one of the other 2 quadrants.
    At the moment you are levelling overcharge which means you'll get 3 in total.

Tanks aren't valid targets for overcharged so with your current setup of 2 tanks only in a quadrant this means the 3rd overcharged will be a "double" in a quadrant. Moving the shadow priest to the quadrant with the tanks gives the game a valid overcharge target on the 3rd quadrant so you will always have only one overcharged per quadrant instead of two on one quadrant.

Hope I made it clearer.

Zabu, so does making double posts :P
    Last edited by Deja Thoris; 2013-08-21 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zabuzan View Post
    Hi there,

You definitely don't need lust for P2! We 2 tank / 3 heal this fight and push P2 whilst only leveling Diffusion Chain without lust.

Are you 2 tank / 2 healing this but not managing to push P2 whilst only leveling Diffusion Chain? Do you have any logs?

After leveling Diffusion Chain, at what point do you move over to the Overcharge pylon? It sounds like it could be a timing issue.
    Unfortunatetly no logs

They stopped doing it because some people were to obsessed with it that they'd get hit by mechanics or delay movements just to finish casting stuffs.

At the 2nd phase we start at the Difuse Chain conduit, level it once and move him right after he casts his difuse chain when he's at like 80~90 energy.

At Overcharge we level it once and move when it's like 30~40 energy (not sure here, my memory may be failing me).

At Bouncing Bolts we push him to next transition at like 40~50.

And yes, 2 healing and 2 tanking it.

At the moment you are levelling overcharge which means you'll get 3 in total.

Tanks aren't valid targets for overcharged so with your current setup of 2 tanks only in a quadrant this means the 3rd overcharged will be a "double" in a quadrant. Moving the shadow priest to the quadrant with the tanks gives the game a valid overcharge target on the 3rd quadrant so you will always have only one overcharged per quadrant instead of two on one quadrant.

Hope I made it clearer.
    Oh my God, damn you are right. Just realized that he does 2 Overcharges in the first transition so if we level it once and move the Shadow Priest to my quadrant it'll be almost like the first transition (except stronger adds but w/e).