Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    At the moment you are levelling overcharge which means you'll get 3 in total.

Tanks aren't valid targets for overcharged so with your current setup of 2 tanks only in a quadrant this means the 3rd overcharged will be a "double" in a quadrant. Moving the shadow priest to the quadrant with the tanks gives the game a valid overcharge target on the 3rd quadrant so you will always have only one overcharged per quadrant instead of two on one quadrant.
    I thought it worked like this:
    Overcharge starts at level 0 and is leveled to 1 for the first transition = 2 Overcharges
    If you level Overcharge during P2, it will level again for the 2nd transition = 4 Overcharges
    If you only level Diffusion chain and push the 2nd transition without leveling anything else = 3 Overcharges

Which is why we do P2 and get 3 Overcharges, one in each quadrant - if you level Overcharge during P2, it levels again for the transitions and means that you'll end up with 2 Overcharges in one quadrant for sure!

Either way, even if you aren't leveling Overcharge during P2, go 3/3/4 where one of the 3s is both tanks and a self healing class.

- - - Updated - - -

^^ I could be wrong on that, but that's the impression I was under.
    <Judge> Alonsus-EU. 6/8M Uldir
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!

Quote Originally Posted by Zabuzan View Post
    I thought it worked like this:
    Overcharge starts at level 0 and is leveled to 1 for the first transition = 2 Overcharges
    If you level Overcharge during P2, it will level again for the 2nd transition = 4 Overcharges
    If you only level Diffusion chain and push the 2nd transition without leveling anything else = 3 Overcharges

Which is why we do P2 and get 3 Overcharges, one in each quadrant - if you level Overcharge during P2, it levels again for the transitions and means that you'll end up with 2 Overcharges in one quadrant for sure!

Either way, even if you aren't leveling Overcharge during P2, go 3/3/4 where one of the 3s is both tanks and a self healing class.

- - - Updated - - -

^^ I could be wrong on that, but that's the impression I was under.
    If that was the case there would be extra Bouncing Bolts (well I don't remember ever seing a 3rd Bouncing Bolt in my quadrant) because Bouncing Bolts would be at level 3.

Unless I've seen it and my memory is failing me.

10+ Year Old Account
    However, with 2 tanks and 6 DPS even without lust, you should be having to slow down on Bouncing Bolts before the transition to avoid pushing the boss to early - without levelling Overcharge at all. Something sounds dodgy here. Are your DPS really undergeared?

We don't use Heroism/Lust and level only Diffusion Chain with 5 DPS but sometimes STILL have to slow down during P2.

The timing for us works like this:
    Diffusion Chain -> Move on the 2nd Fusion Slash.
    Overcharge -> Move on the 1st Fusion Slash
    Bouncing Bolts -> Push Lei Shen to 30% before the 1st Fusion Slash

If it might help, check out the video of our kill on the initial post (my PoV is tank, probably more useful for timers).

I can't think of any reason why you guys would need to level Overcharge with 6 DPS!
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!

However, with 2 tanks and 6 DPS even without lust, you should be having to slow down on Bouncing Bolts before the transition to avoid pushing the boss to early - without levelling Overcharge at all. Something sounds dodgy here. Are your DPS really undergeared?

We don't use Heroism/Lust and level only Diffusion Chain with 5 DPS but sometimes STILL have to slow down during P2.

The timing for us works like this:
    Diffusion Chain -> Move on the 2nd Fusion Slash.
    Overcharge -> Move on the 1st Fusion Slash
    Bouncing Bolts -> Push Lei Shen to 30% before the 1st Fusion Slash

If it might help, check out the video of our kill on the initial post (my PoV is tank, probably more useful for timers).

I can't think of any reason why you guys would need to level Overcharge with 6 DPS!
    We move from Difussion Chain a few secs after the 2nd Fusion Slash which sometimes really screw us because we get Balls + Overcharge at the same time.

It might be that sometimes we have random deaths which slow down our DPS.

I'll talk to them when we start the raid.

Thank you guys (if you still have any suggestion please let me know).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyranne View Post
    If that was the case there would be extra Bouncing Bolts (well I don't remember ever seing a 3rd Bouncing Bolt in my quadrant) because Bouncing Bolts would be at level 3.

Unless I've seen it and my memory is failing me.
    Ahh no sorry - I'm being a scrub! Supercharge conduits increases the level of the pylons only during the transition, they then return to their previous levels: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=137045/...harge-conduits

So yeah, you get 3 Overcharges if you level Overcharge during P2 and 2 Overcharges if not.

Irrespective of all that, you shouldn't need to level Overcharge during P2!

- - - Updated - - -

We move from Difussion Chain a few secs after the 2nd Fusion Slash which sometimes really screw us because we get Balls + Overcharge at the same time.
    Using the Fusion Slashes as timers for when to move between platforms makes it a lot simpler - you never have to worry about getting an extra special ability just as you move. It does mean than when you move from Diffusion Chain -> Overcharge, your whole raid need to be stacked in melee range so that everyone is stacked in the Overcharge that happens straight away upon arrival.
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!

Ahh no sorry - I'm being a scrub! Supercharge conduits increases the level of the pylons only during the transition, they then return to their previous levels: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=137045/...harge-conduits

So yeah, you get 3 Overcharges if you level Overcharge during P2 and 2 Overcharges if not.

Irrespective of all that, you shouldn't need to level Overcharge during P2!
    If we only have to level one of the conduits wouldn't it be the best conduit to level? Because my group is overloading the Diffusion Chain so if we level Overcharge (and only it) and have the shadow priest stay with the tanks wouldn't it make the 3rd easier?

Using the Fusion Slashes as timers for when to move between platforms makes it a lot simpler - you never have to worry about getting an extra special ability just as you move. It does mean than when you move from Diffusion Chain -> Overcharge, your whole raid need to be stacked in melee range so that everyone is stacked in the Overcharge that happens straight away upon arrival.
    The problem are the balls. They spawn exactly when the Overcharge is about to explode.

If you move on the second fusion slash in phase 2 at diffusion, it means overcharge is hitting for its base value when the ball lightnings spawn, just put the overcharge in melee and have 3 eat the overcharge at range to also bait the ball lightning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NesQuek View Post
    If you move on the second fusion slash in phase 2 at diffusion, it means overcharge is hitting for its base value when the ball lightnings spawn, just put the overcharge in melee and have 3 eat the overcharge at range to also bait the ball lightning.
    There is no need to handle it like that though - there is 3 seconds after the Overcharge explodes for 3 players to move out of melee range, so we just have them all stack. Alternatively, you could have 7 players stack for the Overcharge and 3 players out range it entirely.

- - - Updated - - -

The problem are the balls. They spawn exactly when the Overcharge is about to explode.
    See my comment above! If you move over with Fusion Slash, there should be sufficient time for the Overcharge to explode and then have 3 players spread out (it's quite tight, may be less than 3 seconds now I think about it). Remember that you can have a monk Provoke Lei Shen so he runs from pylon to pylon faster, if you want the Overcharge to target faster.

If we only have to level one of the conduits wouldn't it be the best conduit to level? Because my group is overloading the Diffusion Chain so if we level Overcharge (and only it) and have the shadow priest stay with the tanks wouldn't it make the 3rd easier?
    Wait, let me get this straight, you guys are levelling Diffusion Chain in P1? That would explain my confusion if that's the case! Why aer you choosing to do it via this method? It means you'll have Overcharge in P3 rather than Static Shock - I know which one I'd prefer!!
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!

See my comment above! If you move over with Fusion Slash, there should be sufficient time for the Overcharge to explode and then have 3 players spread out (it's quite tight, may be less than 3 seconds now I think about it). Remember that you can have a monk Provoke Lei Shen so he runs from pylon to pylon faster, if you want the Overcharge to target faster.
    I'll tell my group about it.

Wait, let me get this straight, you guys are levelling Diffusion Chain in P1? That would explain my confusion if that's the case! Why aer you choosing to do it via this method? It means you'll have Overcharge in P3 rather than Static Shock - I know which one I'd prefer!!
    No.

We are Overloading Static Shock in phase 1 and Diffusion Chain in phase 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    The reason people level Diffusion Chain rather than Overcharge during P2, is that Diffusion Chain is easy to handle P3 but Overcharge would be a huge pain. Whilst levelling Overcharge would make T2 easier than by levelling Diffusion Chain, T2 is easier than T1 anyway and you are making P3 way harder as a result.

2tank/5DPS/3heal teams with ~540ilvl should have enough damage to only level Diffusion Chain in P2 (without Heroism/Lust)
    2tank/6DPS/2heal teams with ~540ilvl should have enough damage to only level Diffusion Chain in P2 and may even have to slow DPS to make sure Bouncing Bolts and Ball Lightning are handled before pushing Lei Shen into T2.(without Heroism/Lust)

If you're DPS isn't high enough to only level Diffusion Chain in P2 (without Heroism/Lust), then you are probably doing something wrong - bad coordination with the orbs or just poor overall DPS. I just can't see how it would be a problem; we had to slow down DPS last reset during P2 with the following comp:

Prot Paladin
    Brewmaster Monk
    Fury Warrior
    Frost Deathknight
    Hunter
    Fire Mage
    Boomkin
    Holy Paladin
    Mistweaver (minimal Fistweaving in P2)
    Disc Priest (minimal Atonement in P2)

We are multi gripping the orbs where possible and aoeing them down (3 orbs per spawn) - if there is one left by itself we aren't single targeting it, just cleaving when it's in range.

Without any logs, quite hard to see exactly what's going on!

Hmmmm....
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!

We are indeed leveling Diffusion Chain (which we are also overloading in phase 2)

My idea was since we are only handling Diffusion Chain and Static Shock in phase 3 (as far as I know if we overload Static Shock and Diffusion Chain those will be the only spells that he'll keep casting with Balls and the Whip right?) it'd be easier if we put the shadow priest with us and level Overcharge instead of Diffusion Chain (to make phase 3 easier) because the extra Overcharge would always be on the Shadow Priest, which shouldn't be a problem at all because we (tanks) can easily stack on him and the add from Difusion Chain wouldn't hit too hard.

What do you think?
    Last edited by Thyranne; 2013-08-21 at 04:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see, now I understand what you're meaning.

I'm not entirely sure where Overcharge fits into the timing in Phase 3. Personally, I'd council against this as Diffusion Chain in P3 is really easy - Ranged/Healers are at max ranged for Whip (staying spread out when Diffused Lightning is incoming... we just stay spread out the whole time except for Static Shock), then strafe out of whip when it's cast, staying at max range, when Thunderstruck is cast then all but 3 people stack in melee then spread after balls. Rinse and repeat Phase 3 is really easy once you get the rhythm going, it's entirely down to your ranged/healers to be good!

When you say - Keep the Shadow Priest on you so Overcharge always targets him, do you mean during T2?

Levelling Overcharge will make P3 a lot harder than Diffusion Chain imo - that's why almost everyone does SS -> DC
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!

I see, now I understand what you're meaning.

I'm not entirely sure where Overcharge fits into the timing in Phase 3. Personally, I'd council against this as Diffusion Chain in P3 is really easy - Ranged/Healers are at max ranged for Whip (staying spread out when Diffused Lightning is incoming... we just stay spread out the whole time except for Static Shock), then strafe out of whip when it's cast, staying at max range, when Thunderstruck is cast then all but 3 people stack in melee then spread after balls. Rinse and repeat Phase 3 is really easy once you get the rhythm going, it's entirely down to your ranged/healers to be good!

When you say - Keep the Shadow Priest on you so Overcharge always targets him, do you mean during T2?

Levelling Overcharge will make P3 a lot harder than Diffusion Chain imo - that's why almost everyone does SS -> DC
    Hold on, if at the end of phase 2 things are like this:

Diffusion Chain level 1 Energy 90
    Overcharge Level 2 Energy 60
    Bouncing Bolts Level 1 Energy 60

The diffusion Chain will be overloaded right? Which means that at phase 3 he'll have Diffusion Chain AND Static Shock (was Overloaded at phase 1) right?

That is how I wanna do and what I mean.

And yes I mean in T2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh I see.

That may be feasible yeah Again, not entirely sure how the timings work there - you wouldn't be able to use Fusion Slash for the knockback to move Lei Shen from DC -> OC though, but other than that could be fine!

Just not sure whether or not leveling the pylon counts as a higher energy level; I would imagine it does but not sure.

(Edit* seems that Fluorescent0 has confirmed that being a higher level counts as an overall higher energy level, which makes sense! Can't do it after all.)
    Last edited by Zabuzan; 2013-08-22 at 08:44 AM.
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!

We'll probably have the tank that is not tanking the boss move to the next quadrant a few secs earlier then just taunt him to make him move faster.

Anyway, thank you and everyone that helped me.

Nope, an extra level is like 100 more energy as far as selecting which conduit to overload.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    Nope, an extra level is like 100 more energy as far as selecting which conduit to overload.
    Ahh damn, there goes my awesome plan /sigh.

Thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    No worries Good luck, get it down this reset!!
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!

Deleted
    3% wipe tonight /wrists

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh damn, there goes my awesome plan /sigh.

Thank you.
    That's a shame, would have made T2 even easier! :P

Never mind

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Animma View Post
    3% wipe tonight /wrists
    Soon! The 3rd Thunderstruck/Ball Lightning is the hard one, make sure you've got a solid raid CD rotation going for P3.

We couldn't even kill Lei Shen yesterday, 2 normal geared healers and one inexperienced tank conspired against us. Hoping the scrubs can do it later this week without me! Anyone got tips for Lei Shen without an OP Paladin tank boosting your DPS and raid healing? :P Our best geared healer (Disc Priest)has recently had a hand operation as well, so we are currently running a Resto Druid / Holy Paladin / Mistweaver.

At least there will be 3 raids after I get back from holiday piror to 5.4 when we can kill Lei Shen again and polish of Ra-Den as well
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!