Quote Originally Posted by rables View Post
    So apperantly 5.4 is going live on the 10th (or 11th) of september. This gives them some time to fix destro. Source is an interview on Gamescom: http://wow.gamona.de/2013/08/21/wow-...-11-september/
    I tend to not agree, they really want to drop the patch the same day as the FF release. 25m testing is going to be done soon, then it's the final numbers pass and release....coming much sooner than the 10th.

Deleted
    I tend to not agree, they really want to drop the patch the same day as the FF release. 25m testing is going to be done soon, then it's the final numbers pass and release....coming much sooner than the 10th.
    Hmm... I wonder if we should believe you or Tom Chilton

Bad news because we have two more weeks of ToT (zzzzz), good news because they have more time to buff Destro :/

10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=It has 0,85 RPPM, multiplied by your crit. So if you go heavy crit, it will have relatively high RPPM. Wushoolay still seems stronger though, with a monstrous proc on 1,21 RPPM.[/QUOTE]

I would much rather have WFC, but trinket drops have not been kind to me this tier. Just considering the next best for what I plan on doing.

@TheBgreene - Right, the isle trinket will eventually get replaced. Just considering some better options than what I got and until I can get my hands on the SoO trinkets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Hmm... I wonder if we should believe you or Tom Chilton

Bad news because we have two more weeks of ToT (zzzzz), good news because they have more time to buff Destro :/
    Seems legit, but we have to wait for the actual interview to be sure I guess.

Really don't like that they tell us patch is on the 27th and then less than a week before that it gets changed up. 2 more weeks of ToT T_T

Quote Originally Posted by strmstrike View Post
    Seems legit, but we have to wait for the actual interview to be sure I guess.

Really don't like that they tell us patch is on the 27th and then less than a week before that it gets changed up. 2 more weeks of ToT T_T
    Welp...I guess it's confirmed...I'm not upset by this though, more time to get some more hm content done!

I also think you can now be sure that destro is going to get some love.
    Last edited by TheBGreene; 2013-08-21 at 03:37 PM.

Deleted
    i think ppl like zumzum and brusalk would gladly have it delayed a week or 2, if it would give destro some much needed love.

Deleted
    It's definitely not a bad thing for class and encounter balancing, but still I am pretty disappointed that I have to farm stale old content twice a week for another 2 weeks the real shame is that no one was initially expecting the patch as soon as the 27th, but the for some reason Blizz ''announces'' that and then takes it back. Even if it was an accident, that seems like pretty damn bad PR to me.

Quote Originally Posted by strmstrike View Post
    It's definitely not a bad thing for class and encounter balancing, but still I am pretty disappointed that I have to farm stale old content twice a week for another 2 weeks the real shame is that no one was initially expecting the patch as soon as the 27th, but the for some reason Blizz ''announces'' that and then takes it back. Even if it was an accident, that seems like pretty damn bad PR to me.
    I agree. "Oh hey, shiny new content on the 27th, psyyyyyyyyyych, we got you good"

But to echo what you said, it is good for class and encounter balancing. I will take it two weeks longer if it means a better quality of life in terms of game play.

Hey, Been watching the topic for a while now. Feels like a dismal future for Destro in it's current state. I find it quite odd that there have not been many positive changes seen at this point for Destruction but remain hopeful.

As I do not hardcore raid I am not forced into taking the FotM specs for my class but that does not mean I want to find my placement on the meters via looking just up above the healers either.

Would love to find some pooled resources start coming together for some key things for Destro moving into 5.4. I know a lot of things are still subject to change but heading into 5.4 I would like to be able to find things like: secondary stat prioritization, optimal changes in rotation using the new AD (i.e. use one charge on pull etc.) , trinket combos to strive for (gearing up through BiS) and so on.

/crossesfingers

Quote Originally Posted by icedlight View Post
    Hey, Been watching the topic for a while now. Feels like a dismal future for Destro in it's current state. I find it quite odd that there have not been many positive changes seen at this point for Destruction but remain hopeful.

As I do not hardcore raid I am not forced into taking the FotM specs for my class but that does not mean I want to find my placement on the meters via looking just up above the healers either.

Would love to find some pooled resources start coming together for some key things for Destro moving into 5.4. I know a lot of things are still subject to change but heading into 5.4 I would like to be able to find things like: secondary stat prioritization, optimal changes in rotation using the new AD (i.e. use one charge on pull etc.) , trinket combos to strive for (gearing up through BiS) and so on.

/crossesfingers
    None of that can truly happen until the final numbers pass is done...In due time my friend, in due time. It would all just be specualtion that could change with 1 patch note.

Deleted
    Also if it remains this bad, it's kind of a waste to spend all that time optimizing. Currently, if you play destro in 5.4 you apparently don't care much about being competitive anyway

Deleted
    If someone's still doubting about the release date, here's the actual interview where they state it's the 10th & 11th: http://wow.gamona.de/2013/08/21/game...cory-stockton/

Well, 2 more weeks of hope for the Destruction lovers (although I'm not holding my breath at this point).

Quote Originally Posted by Gihelle View Post
    Well, 2 more weeks of hope for the Destruction lovers (although I'm not holding my breath at this point).
    Oh you all are going to get something, I can just about guarantee that, however, will it be what you are seeking...probably not.

You can probably expect a % buff to incinerate, conflag and maybe some more to immolate too. I do not really think there is much they can do to offset the RoF nerf in terms of embers unless they just increase the amount of ember bits that the above 3 spells generate.

Well, with 2 additional weeks tagged on to the patch drop date, that's plenty of time for more number passes, meaning there is hope for destro again, no? I'm preparing myself for disappointment, but this does give me a little more hope that I wont have to switch specs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheBGreene View Post
    Oh you all are going to get something, I can just about guarantee that, however, will it be what you are seeking...probably not.

You can probably expect a % buff to incinerate, conflag and maybe some more to immolate too. I do not really think there is much they can do to offset the RoF nerf in terms of embers unless they just increase the amount of ember bits that the above 3 spells generate.
    I thought they said that they would prefer to buff the consumers, rather than the generators? Or was that never an "official" statement?

I tend to think they haven't the slightest bit of an idea what they want to do.

I always say that we're the "sandbox" class of WoW - as in, we're the experimentation class for the devs, and they usually have no clue what to do with us.

I guess that will be proven true yet again.

At this point I'd be happy with anything, because I'm not expecting anything anyway. :P

They must know at least several good options regarding Destro. They clearly read the forums and there have been several really good ideas out there.

I'm afraid that they have decided to do nothing further.

In certain niche situations Destro can be O.P. (Primordious,Tortos,Horridon) I think that they are afraid if they buff Destro enough for everyday use then the outliers will be totally off the charts.

But that mostly comes from clever cleaving Shadowburns off adds. Or RoF's previous ember gen.

Buffing Incinerate, Conflag and Chaosbolt shouldn't be a problem. Not even in PvP where Chaosbolt is super nerfed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBGreene View Post
    I do not really think there is much they can do to offset the RoF nerf in terms of embers unless they just increase the amount of ember bits that the above 3 spells generate.
    There is, and it's a simple fix that contains absolutely no negative repercussions in PvE, nor PvP, and I can't fathom for the life of me why the fuck they haven't done it yet.

Immolate ticks generate 1 emberbit.
    Immolate crit ticks generate 2 emberbits.

It doesn't affect our AoE at all, because currently on a good AoE fight on live we're ember capped 99.9% of the time anyway, and it just fixes what Zumzum was reporting a few pages back about how Destro can't even sustain 6 target AoE anymore on the PTR (iirc that's the number he said, please correct me if I'm mistaken) because the RoF ember generation nerf means we're ember negative when using FnB.

It doesn't affect our single target at all, because the ember generation would be pretty bloody close to that of current RoF's, meaning we can still pump out something close to the same number of ember consumers as we currently do.

And it won't affect PvP at all, because it's no worse than the enemy standing in RoF you've dropped on the ground in terms of gaining you embers... Plus the fact it's so easily dispelled.

And on top of that it likely won't affect our stat priorities at all, and nor would it encourage odd gameplay, as it's already a core part of our rotation as it is.

In niche situations, there are "OP" specs for all classes. Just look at demo on multi dot fights, Council being a PRIME example. Granted, the strength comes from UVLS, but still, that reasoning behind why they wouldn't want to buff destro doesn't really hold water.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ZaneBusby View Post
    There is, and it's a simple fix that contains absolutely no negative repercussions in PvE, nor PvP, and I can't fathom for the life of me why the fuck they haven't done it yet.

Immolate ticks generate 1 emberbit.
    Immolate crit ticks generate 2 emberbits.

It doesn't affect our AoE at all, because currently on a good AoE fight on live we're ember capped 99.9% of the time anyway, and it just fixes what Zumzum was reporting a few pages back about how Destro can't even sustain 6 target AoE anymore on the PTR (iirc that's the number he said, please correct me if I'm mistaken) because the RoF ember generation nerf means we're ember negative when using FnB.

It doesn't affect our single target at all, because the ember generation would be pretty bloody close to that of current RoF's, meaning we can still pump out something close to the same number of ember consumers as we currently do.

And it won't affect PvP at all, because it's no worse than the enemy standing in RoF you've dropped on the ground in terms of gaining you embers... Plus the fact it's so easily dispelled.

And on top of that it likely won't affect our stat priorities at all, and nor would it encourage odd gameplay, as it's already a core part of our rotation as it is.
    By far the best approach to the ember gen problem I've heard yet, assuming the numbers are there to back it up.