Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razecog View Post
    The curse of flesh is caused by the Old Gods.
    Concept that needs to die in a fire horribly and then Hogger eats it for lunch.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    Do you have proof for your statements medevac? Because i'm pretty sure you are wrong.

yes. "Algalon was sent by the titans after Watcher Loken's death activated a planetary fail-safe protection, indicating possible distress on Azeroth.[1] Algalon's task is to analyze any systemic corruption on the planet. If it's deemed beyond saving, the Titans will "re-originate" the planet to cleanse it of corruption, killing all currently living organisms in the process. After his defeat in Ulduar, he chose to monitor the activities of the mortal races of Azeroth. His outlook on life and the Titans' plans has been called into question, so he seeks to understand what makes Azeroth so different from the countless worlds he has observed before."

From WoWwiki.

From ingame and his own quotes:

"I have seen worlds bathed in the Makers' flames. Their denizens fading without so much as a whimper. Entire planetary systems born and raised in the time that it takes your mortal hearts to beat once. Yet all throughout, my own heart, devoid of emotion... of empathy. I... have... felt... NOTHING! A million, million lives wasted. Had they all held within them your tenacity? Had they all loved life as you do?
    Perhaps it is your imperfection that which grants you free will. That allows you to persevere against cosmically calculated odds. You prevailed where the Titans' own perfect creations have failed.
    I've rearranged the reply code. Your planet will be spared. I cannot be certain of my own calculations anymore.
    I lack the strength to transmit the signal. You must hurry. Find a place of power close to the skies.
    Do not worry about my fate Bronzen. If the signal is not transmitted in time re-origination will proceed regardless. Save. Your. World."

Also from the Halls of Stone instance:

"Brann Bronzebeard yells: Ha! The old magic fingers finally won through! Now let's get down to-
    Abedneum yells: Alert! Security fail safes deactivated. Beginning memory purge...
    Brann Bronzebeard yells: Purge? No no no no no! Where did I-- Aha, this should do the trick...
    Abedneum yells: System online. Life form pattern recognized. Welcome Branbronzan. Query?
    Brann Bronzebeard yells: Query? What do you think I’m here for? Tea and biscuits? Spill the beans already! Tell me how that dwarfs came to be! And start at the beginning!
    Abedneum yells: Accessing prehistoric data. Retrieved. In the beginning Earthen were created to-
    Brann Bronzebeard yells: Right, right! I know that the Earthen were made of stone to shape the deep reaches of the world but what about the anomalies? Matrix non-stabilizing and whatnot.
    Abedneum yells: Accessing. In the early stages of its development cycle Azeroth suffered infection by parasitic, necrophotic symbiotes.
    Brann Bronzebeard yells: Necro-what? Speak bloody common will ya?
    Abedneum yells: Designation: Old Gods. Old Gods rendered all systems, including Earthen defenseless in order to facilitate assimilation. This matrix destabilization has been termed the Curse of Flesh. Effects of destabilization increased over time.
    Brann Bronzebeard yells: Old Gods eh? So they zapped the Earthen with this Curse of Flesh. And then what?
    Kaddrak yells: Accessing. Creators arrived to extirpate symbiotic infection. Assessment revealed that Old God infestation had grown malignant. Excising parasites would result in loss of host.
    Brann Bronzebeard yells: If they killed the Old Gods Azeroth would have been destroyed.
    Kaddrak yells: Correct. Creators neutralized parasitic threat and contained it within the host. Forge of Wills and other systems were instituted to create new Earthen. Safeguards were implemented and protectors were appointed.
    Brann Bronzebeard yells: What protectors?
    Kaddrak yells: Designations: Aesir and Vanir or in common nomenclator Storm and Earth Giants. Sentinel Loken designated supreme. Dragon Aspects appointed to monitor evolution of Azeroth.
    Brann Bronzebeard yells: Aesir and Vanir. Okay. So the Forge of Wills started to make new Earthen. But what happened to the old ones?
    Marnak yells: Additional background is relevant to your query. Following global combat between-
    Brann Bronzebeard yells: Hold everything! The Aesir and Vanir went to war? Why?
    Marnak yells: Unknown. Data suggests that impetus for global combat originated with prime designate Loken who neutralized all remaining Aesir and Vanir affecting termination of conflict. Prime designate Loken then initiated stasis of several seed races including Earthen, Giant and Vrykul at designated holding facilities.
    Brann Bronzebeard yells: This Loken sounds like a nasty character. Glad we don’t have to worry about the likes of him anymore. So if I’m understanding you lads the original Earthen eventually woke up from this stasis. And by that time this destabily-whatever had turned them into our brother dwarfs. Or at least dwarf ancestors. Hm?
    Marnak yells: Essentially that is correct.
    Brann Bronzebeard yells: Well now. That’s a lot to digest. I’m gonna need some time to take all of this in. Thank ye!
    Abedneum yells: Acknowledged Branbronzan. Session terminated."
    Last edited by mmoc7b0669778c; 2013-08-21 at 07:36 PM.

Deleted
    And where exactly does it say that the titans are the most powerful beings in the universe?

And that if Kil'jaedan enters Azeroth its game over?

And Sargeras entering Azeroth is equal to the sun entering earths atmosphere?

In the novel The Sundering, it is hinted that the Old Gods are more powerful than the Titans, including even Sargeras. It is said that they are extremely powerful and that the combined might of many Titans are required to subdue them. It is also stated that if they are freed, even Sargeras will plead for peace of death. This is further supported by their statement that little effort is needed to destroy Sargeras and turn his Burning Legion into their minions.

Creating planetary systems in a <1000ms is kinda powerful, haven't seen the old gods destroy one in the same timeframe at least. Though to be honest it is kinda questionable if his words should be taken literal, I mean who knows who wrote them. But one also has to think about the fact that they have shit on planetary scale and yet even we keep beating old lol gods. Maybe the titans are not powerfull enough in a 1v1 fight, but in an all out war? Or its the simple fact that no one thought about the power levels properly and no one that works on the lore (which is a few people if you follow blizzard interviews) bothered to cheak for consistency.

Deleted
    And where exactly does it say that the titans are the most powerful beings in the universe?

Did you read what I posted?? The titans can destroy entire planatery systems in a heartbeat!
    It is described in the very same novel that even the shadow of Sargeras closing to the portal was impossible to comprehend, same as if soemthing as big as the sun would enter our own planets atmospehere, it is incomprehensible.

The old gods are parasites inside Azeroth and they arrived after the titans had created the planet, they infested the planet and corrupted it to the point that killing them would destroy the planet, the titans had three choices, Destroy the parasites(old gods) whitch would result in destruction of Azeroth and re-create the planet afterwards, Just destroy the planet with the old gods inside or Imprisson the old gods inside the planet, and sparing the rest of the planet. They choose option three for whatever reason (but since we play this game then that would be the only available option for the lore-writers to go for).

Just read all that I posted before and you will see that the titans, the creators of the planets in the universe are the most powerfull beings in the universe of WoW... god.. is it really that hard to comprehend??

And with the Kil'jaeden entering Azeroth, just listen to what the grand anchorite in shattrath says, it's some nice lore.
    Last edited by mmoc7b0669778c; 2013-08-21 at 07:48 PM.

The problem with the old gods making Sargeras tremble was just from a knaak novel and its the only cited piece of lore on that. We do know Sargeras is the primary antagonist in the game so he is not likely to be beaten by the old gods any time soon.

I would take his shitty novels with a pinch of salt even if they are cannon :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    The problem with the old gods making Sargeras tremble was just from a knaak novel and its the only cited piece of lore on that. We do know Sargeras is the primary antagonist in the game so he is not likely to be beaten by the old gods any time soon.

I would take his shitty novels with a pinch of salt even if they are cannon :/

WoTLK lore came after those books, so yeah, relatively new in-game lore surely trumps old books...

Deleted
    I'm just going on lore i've read about.

From what I know it took the whole pantheon of titans (with Sargeras) to subdue the old gods and imprison them.

And from what I know Sargeras is a rogue titan now, he is not with the pantheon anymore, so therefore if he tried to take on the old gods now, they probably would make him 'tremble in fear' as he does not have the other 5 titans to help him.

From what I know it took the whole pantheon of titans (with Sargeras) to subdue the old gods and imprison them.

And from what I know Sargeras is a rogue titan now, he is not with the pantheon anymore, so therefore if he tried to take on the old gods now, they probably would make him 'tremble in fear' as he does not have the other 5 titans to help him.
    Sargeras has _NEVER_ set food on Azeroth (he sent an avatar of him self there but thats it)

He only found Azeroth via the well being used by the Night elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiidan View Post
    It is described in the very same novel that even the shadow of Sargeras closing to the portal was impossible to comprehend, same as if soemthing as big as the sun would enter our own planets atmospehere, it is incomprehensible.

The old gods are parasites inside Azeroth and they arrived after the titans had created the planet, they infested the planet and corrupted it to the point that killing them would destroy the planet, the titans had three choices, Destroy the parasites(old gods) whitch would result in destruction of Azeroth and re-create the planet afterwards, Just destroy the planet with the old gods inside or Imprisson the old gods inside the planet, and sparing the rest of the planet. They choose option three for whatever reason (but since we play this game then that would be the only available option for the lore-writers to go for).

Just read all that I posted before and you will see that the titans, the creators of the planets in the universe are the most powerfull beings in the universe of WoW... god.. is it really that hard to comprehend??

And with the Kil'jaeden entering Azeroth, just listen to what the grand anchorite in shattrath says, it's some nice lore.
    Wasn't that part retconned with the mantid questlines that tell you the old gods were here before the titans came?

Deleted

Since you do not read what I posted from clear ingame lore from WoTLK that is written after your dear books I will post it again... PLEASE READ THIS AND YOU WILL SEE THE "TRUTH" IF YOU ARE NOT TOTALY BLIND.

"Algalon was sent by the titans after Watcher Loken's death activated a planetary fail-safe protection, indicating possible distress on Azeroth.[1] Algalon's task is to analyze any systemic corruption on the planet. If it's deemed beyond saving, the Titans will "re-originate" the planet to cleanse it of corruption, killing all currently living organisms in the process. After his defeat in Ulduar, he chose to monitor the activities of the mortal races of Azeroth. His outlook on life and the Titans' plans has been called into question, so he seeks to understand what makes Azeroth so different from the countless worlds he has observed before."

From WoWwiki.

From ingame and his own quotes:

"I have seen worlds bathed in the Makers' flames. Their denizens fading without so much as a whimper. Entire planetary systems born and raised in the time that it takes your mortal hearts to beat once. Yet all throughout, my own heart, devoid of emotion... of empathy. I... have... felt... NOTHING! A million, million lives wasted. Had they all held within them your tenacity? Had they all loved life as you do?
    Perhaps it is your imperfection that which grants you free will. That allows you to persevere against cosmically calculated odds. You prevailed where the Titans' own perfect creations have failed.
    I've rearranged the reply code. Your planet will be spared. I cannot be certain of my own calculations anymore.
    I lack the strength to transmit the signal. You must hurry. Find a place of power close to the skies.
    Do not worry about my fate Bronzen. If the signal is not transmitted in time re-origination will proceed regardless. Save. Your. World."

Also from the Halls of Stone instance:

"Brann Bronzebeard yells: Ha! The old magic fingers finally won through! Now let's get down to-
    Abedneum yells: Alert! Security fail safes deactivated. Beginning memory purge...
    Brann Bronzebeard yells: Purge? No no no no no! Where did I-- Aha, this should do the trick...
    Abedneum yells: System online. Life form pattern recognized. Welcome Branbronzan. Query?
    Brann Bronzebeard yells: Query? What do you think I’m here for? Tea and biscuits? Spill the beans already! Tell me how that dwarfs came to be! And start at the beginning!
    Abedneum yells: Accessing prehistoric data. Retrieved. In the beginning Earthen were created to-
    Brann Bronzebeard yells: Right, right! I know that the Earthen were made of stone to shape the deep reaches of the world but what about the anomalies? Matrix non-stabilizing and whatnot.
    Abedneum yells: Accessing. In the early stages of its development cycle Azeroth suffered infection by parasitic, necrophotic symbiotes.
    Brann Bronzebeard yells: Necro-what? Speak bloody common will ya?
    Abedneum yells: Designation: Old Gods. Old Gods rendered all systems, including Earthen defenseless in order to facilitate assimilation. This matrix destabilization has been termed the Curse of Flesh. Effects of destabilization increased over time.
    Brann Bronzebeard yells: Old Gods eh? So they zapped the Earthen with this Curse of Flesh. And then what?
    Kaddrak yells: Accessing. Creators arrived to extirpate symbiotic infection. Assessment revealed that Old God infestation had grown malignant. Excising parasites would result in loss of host.
    Brann Bronzebeard yells: If they killed the Old Gods Azeroth would have been destroyed.
    Kaddrak yells: Correct. Creators neutralized parasitic threat and contained it within the host. Forge of Wills and other systems were instituted to create new Earthen. Safeguards were implemented and protectors were appointed.
    Brann Bronzebeard yells: What protectors?
    Kaddrak yells: Designations: Aesir and Vanir or in common nomenclator Storm and Earth Giants. Sentinel Loken designated supreme. Dragon Aspects appointed to monitor evolution of Azeroth.
    Brann Bronzebeard yells: Aesir and Vanir. Okay. So the Forge of Wills started to make new Earthen. But what happened to the old ones?
    Marnak yells: Additional background is relevant to your query. Following global combat between-
    Brann Bronzebeard yells: Hold everything! The Aesir and Vanir went to war? Why?
    Marnak yells: Unknown. Data suggests that impetus for global combat originated with prime designate Loken who neutralized all remaining Aesir and Vanir affecting termination of conflict. Prime designate Loken then initiated stasis of several seed races including Earthen, Giant and Vrykul at designated holding facilities.
    Brann Bronzebeard yells: This Loken sounds like a nasty character. Glad we don’t have to worry about the likes of him anymore. So if I’m understanding you lads the original Earthen eventually woke up from this stasis. And by that time this destabily-whatever had turned them into our brother dwarfs. Or at least dwarf ancestors. Hm?
    Marnak yells: Essentially that is correct.
    Brann Bronzebeard yells: Well now. That’s a lot to digest. I’m gonna need some time to take all of this in. Thank ye!
    Abedneum yells: Acknowledged Branbronzan. Session terminated."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Wasn't that part retconned with the mantid questlines that tell you the old gods were here before the titans came?
    The constructs made by the titans say one thing, The klaxxi that side with garrosh say another... The klaxxi were not alive when these things happened and well they call the titans "the usurpers", they are enemies, and they even say that if we do not side with the old gods then they will not stand with us. They are a fanatic spieces.

Deleted
    the portal would break.

Seriously, why do people keep asking "what, If, Who" regarding Sargeras ?
    He comes to azeroth, We die. End of discussion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Sargeras has _NEVER_ set food on Azeroth (he sent an avatar of him self there but thats it)

He only found Azeroth via the well being used by the Night elves.
    I don't see what that has to do with any of my post?

Deleted
    I don't see what that has to do with any of my post?

Why do you ignore my posts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    The constructs made by the titans say one thing, The klaxxi that side with garrosh say another... The klaxxi were not alive when these things happened and well they call the titans "the usurpers", they are enemies, and they even say that if we do not side with the old gods then they will not stand with us. They are a fanatic spieces.
    Their accounts don't conflict at all. The Klaxxi don't say anything about Titans making Azeroth, that doesn't mean they are saying it didn't happen. They only say that they Titans came and defeated the Old Gods, which they did.

Kil'ruk the Wind-Reaver says: Before your history began, our empire was vast. We shared this world with our sister kingdoms, Ahn'Qiraj and Azjol-Nerub.
    Kil'ruk the Wind-Reaver says: Our Gods were many, and powerful. We mantid worshipped the seven heads of Y'shaarj[sic].
    Kil'ruk the Wind-Reaver says: Great was the Old One, and terrible was His wrath. He consumed hope and begat despair; He inhaled courage and breathed fear.
    Kil'ruk the Wind-Reaver says: When the usurpers came - the ones you call "Titans" - Y'shaarj was destroyed.

Deleted
    Why do you ignore my posts?
    I'm not, your posts just don't explain the questions I asked.

Why would it be game over for Azeroth if Kil'jaedan entered the atmosphere?

Why would Sargeras on Azeroth be equal to the sun entering earths atmosphere?

Where in your wall of text does it clearly state the titans are more powerful than old gods?

Even if he stepped into our world, everyone within thousand miles of him would turn to ash, he is that powerful, without the power of Aman`thul or the other members of the pantheon, we will never be able to touch him

10+ Year Old Account

Sargeras left the Pantheon long before they fought the Old Gods. http://wowpedia.org/The_Old_Gods_and...ing_of_Azeroth

Also, the Pantheon is just the ruling sect of a much larger Titan population.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    My first question would be why he's freeing them in the first place? :S
    The Old Gods would literally devour Sargeras on his own if they were all free. He's strong but against 3/4 Old Gods, alone, he'd have as much chance as a mechanical rabbit would against Sargeras.
    If a small raid of us mortal races can defeat them then the almost endless Legion that Sargeras commands would easily wipe the Old Gods out. Its not simply Old Gods vs. Sargeras in this situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krolikn View Post
    If a small raid of us mortal races can defeat them then the almost endless Legion that Sargeras commands would easily wipe the Old Gods out. Its not simply Old Gods vs. Sargeras in this situation.
    The number of demons in the Twisting Nether is endless. The Legion is not endless. During the WotA, the Legion only had 1 million demons. By the time of TBC, the Legion only increased in size to a few millions. If Sargeras had an endless army, he wouldn't be constantly searching for an army.