Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Effbee View Post
    I really want Blizzard, after Mists is over, to release figures on just what % of WoW players actually got the cloak (on one character).
    Yeah, I doubt that. They never tend to release numbers themselves (IE how many 'normal' mode raiders have stonewalled at a boss, how many have this item or that).

Some sites that gather achievement data can provide some idea on this, however. I looked at World of Wargraphics site recently, and it notes that 5.4% of level 90 characters on the armory have the Black Prince: Chapter 4 achievement. Given that it records those same characters as 80% having the Dynamic Duo, 60% Terrific Trio, and 30% Quintissential Quintet, it is obvious that the site has no way of telling which character on an account has earned the achievement, so it marks all level 90s as having that achievement. Let's say there is an average of 3 level 90s per account (probably low given the data, but I'm trying to compensate by going highest probable number as well as account for accounts that have multiple characters with the epic cloak)

That makes about 1.8% of all players with a level 90 currently have the cloak on at least one character. Less that 1 in 50, many of who will get the legendary in the first week or two of 5.4. It's a fairly high number when you think of overall population, but that's the absolute upper limit - and given that numbers vastly decrease between each tier of the questline (44% marked as completed Chapter 1, 16% chapter 2, 5.8% Chapter 3, 5.4% Chapter 4), I don't think there's going to be too many additional people getting their cloaks once the first month is past - mostly just getting cloaks for alts who won't increase the data numbers at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Effbee View Post
    I really want Blizzard, after Mists is over, to release figures on just what % of WoW players actually got the cloak (on one character).

I think a lot of the "OMG EVERYONE HAZ IT" brigade will have to backtrack.

We have done weapons...and weapons...and weapons...

Why not something different? Makes a nice change and gives them more data and ideas of where to go in future xpacs (i.e. what worked, what didn't).

Or most importantly...'sonly a game
    Everyone that does LFR or raids regularly will have the cloak. But since this 'legendary' has absolutely 0 prestige, I'm not even bothering to get it through LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    Everyone that does LFR or raids regularly will have the cloak. But since this 'legendary' has absolutely 0 prestige, I'm not even bothering to get it through LFR.
    You would be surprised of how many people fail at the meta gem solo quest and give up.

Not underwhelming in the slightest.

Deleted
    It's fine like this, if it was a huge DPS gain then all characters including alts that don't have it would have no chance in competitive raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    Right, cause prestige > performance

Shadowcraft is showing a sub 2% dps increase by switching to the legendary cloak (and upgrading it). Similar results for anyone else?

257.1k to 263.7k. A 6.6k increase or about 2.567% indeed.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

I think that value is a little low. From my testing yesterday as assassination the cloak was doing about 5.3% of my damage. When I did the math on it, it came out to something like 8k dps. The cloak should be a tad better for combat because of vitality. This was with no buffs single target.

On PTR testing with add/cleave fights I'm getting the proc up to 9-10% of my dps, so it's really good for cleaving. Considering there are quite a few add fights, it should be good despite not being spectacular on single target.

My complaint with the cloaks isn't that they're only cloaks, it's with the legendary quest being impossible to catch up with on an alt or as a new player.

Quote Originally Posted by Kulestu View Post
    My complaint with the cloaks isn't that they're only cloaks, it's with the legendary quest being impossible to catch up with on an alt or as a new player.
    It's not thaaaat bad and they're making it easier too.

Got the cloak starting the quest at 5.2 and in 5.4 it's going to be even easier to get stuff.

I hit 90 in April and am a week away from getting my cloak still, it's been damn near impossible to stay competitive on DPS in a heroic raiding scenario. Doesn't help that my newly 90 mage will never catch up.

well i never bothered to level any toons aside from my monk but only because i wanted to se how cool monks are gameplaywise i never even tried to get the legendarys parts now that xpac is mostly over i kinda regret it catching up is impossible now
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

That's my main problem. It takes about 6 weeks to get just the gem and the prismatic socket and in 5.4 they'll be virtually useless. Takes another 3 weeks to get the meta-gem from there, and 4 for the cloak. That's 3 months just to catch up a bit, the expansion will be almost over by the time any new players or alts manage to catch up, and they're getting nothing from the first half of the quest chain. It seems a bit ridiculous.

That's my main problem. It takes about 6 weeks to get just the gem and the prismatic socket and in 5.4 they'll be virtually useless. Takes another 3 weeks to get the meta-gem from there, and 4 for the cloak. That's 3 months just to catch up a bit, the expansion will be almost over by the time any new players or alts manage to catch up, and they're getting nothing from the first half of the quest chain. It seems a bit ridiculous.
    I disagree due to the fact that it's been an expansion long quest chain that has had multiple catch up mechanics added to it. If it takes 2-3 months to catch up to something that's been out almost a year that's not really a bad thing. Hell most people will still be progressing in heroic content at that time unless you're in a top heroic guild. Major content patches have always lasted like 6 months and this being the end expansion patch has the possibility to last even longer so expect to get a lot of millage out of the cloak even if you just hit 90 when 5.4 comes out.

People are expecting the next xpact to be announced at Blizzcon which itself it still ~3 months away and then after that even if Blizz busted their ass there's still at least a 3-6 month beta period after that.

If anything you'll have to play catch up but really you'll get the cloak closer to the mid point of the patch rather than the end of the expansion.

And that's not really a bad thing. Most of the people who will be getting their cloaks when 5.4 hits are people who have been building them since MSV started and have been working on them for a long time. The biggest complaint has been the ease of which people are getting a legendary item this expansion imagine how many more people would rage if it was practically given to a fresh 90?

As for alts. They're just that. Not your main character that you've been working on. Alts are cool and fun and a lot of people have a lot of them. But just because your main has done all sorts of stuff doesn't mean that your alt should be entitled to the same stuff your main does without doing the work for it as well.

My alt shouldn't be entitled to it, and yeah, it's been a year long for the quest, but you earned things along the way. Waiting 6 weeks for a gem and a weapon socket that are unusable (socket in 5.4) is a complete waste of time.

My alt shouldn't be entitled to it, and yeah, it's been a year long for the quest, but you earned things along the way. Waiting 6 weeks for a gem and a weapon socket that are unusable (socket in 5.4) is a complete waste of time.
    Ya I wish that those had more use from them now. The only use you can really get is when gearing up and your freshly hit 90's best item is a sha touched weapon then those are still nice but typically frequently replaced.

I think it'd be really cool to implement them into the cloak since it'd feel like it was really flushed out rather than have "trash" legendaries.