Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krolikn View Post
    If a small raid of us mortal races can defeat them then the almost endless Legion that Sargeras commands would easily wipe the Old Gods out. Its not simply Old Gods vs. Sargeras in this situation.
    if Sargeras freed the old gods though, then they would most likely be at full power.

The 'small raid of us mortal races' defeated them at a mere fraction of their true power.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    I don't see what that has to do with any of my post?
    You said and I quote : From what I know it took the whole pantheon of titans (with Sargeras) to subdue the old gods and imprison them.

And i point out hes never set foot on Azeroth. So he was not present to subdue them and also theres no source to say it took the entire pantheon to subdue them either.

Deleted
    I'm not, your posts just don't explain the questions I asked.

Why would it be game over for Azeroth if Kil'jaedan entered the atmosphere?

Why would Sargeras on Azeroth be equal to the sun entering earths atmosphere?

Where in your wall of text does it clearly state the titans are more powerful than old gods?
    So you don't read at all then... okay let me point it out in short.

"Entire planetary systems born and raised in the time that it takes your mortal hearts to beat once."

"If the signal is not transmitted in time re-origination will proceed regardless."

"In the early stages of its development cycle Azeroth suffered infection by parasitic, necrophotic symbiotes."
    "Old Gods. Old Gods rendered all systems, including Earthen defenseless in order to facilitate assimilation. This matrix destabilization has been termed the Curse of Flesh. Effects of destabilization increased over time."
    "Creators arrived to extirpate symbiotic infection. Assessment revealed that Old God infestation had grown malignant. Excising parasites would result in loss of host."
    "If they killed the Old Gods Azeroth would have been destroyed."
    "Kaddrak yells: Correct. Creators neutralized parasitic threat and contained it within the host. Forge of Wills and other systems were instituted to create new Earthen. Safeguards were implemented and protectors were appointed."

Aesir and Vanir or in common nomenclator Storm and Earth Giants. Sentinel Loken designated supreme. Dragon Aspects appointed to monitor evolution of Azeroth."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    You said and I quote : From what I know it took the whole pantheon of titans (with Sargeras) to subdue the old gods and imprison them.

And i point out hes never set foot on Azeroth. So he was not present to subdue them and also theres no source to say it took the entire pantheon to subdue them either.
    Instead, the Pantheon neutralized the power of the Old Gods, and sealed the entities away within the deeps of the world for the remainder of its existence
    That is a quote from wowwiki so to me that seems like it took the whole Pantheon to subdue the old gods.

But you were right about Sargeras not being there when they did imprison them, my apologies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    The number of demons in the Twisting Nether is endless. The Legion is not endless. During the WotA, the Legion only had 1 million demons. By the time of TBC, the Legion only increased in size to a few millions. If Sargeras had an endless army, he wouldn't be constantly searching for an army.
    Sargeras and the burning legion wants to undo and remake the whole of the universe, Sargeras ultimate vision is that everything in the universe can be corrupted and is inherritedly build in a flaved way in it's core.

From what doom lord Kazzak says: "All life must be eradicated!" "The universe will be remade." "All mortals will perish!"

That is a quote from wowwiki so to me that seems like it took the whole Pantheon to subdue the old gods.

But you were right about Sargeras not being there when they did imprison them, my apologies.
    Hmm good issue about the pantheon, shame it doesnt say about how many per individual old god.

Deleted
    Hmm good issue about the pantheon, shame it doesnt say about how many per individual old god.
    I guess the only way for us to get all the answers is to hope Blizz answer them for us in a Burning Legion/Old God expansion one day!

Always funny reading how butthurt Old God fanboys are that the simple fact is.................Titans came, they saw, they conquered. Translation: Titans came back to Azeroth to find it infested with Old Gods to the point that killing the OGs would render Azeroth uninhabitable (reference persisting effects of Y'shaarj corruption despite being deaded), so the Titans instead of obliterating the planet (reference Algalon's description of Titan power capabilities) they subdued the OGs, which is far more difficult than outright vanquishing something.

Why is it so hard to understand the Old Gods have no real PHYSICAL power relative to the other colossal powers in the universe. The OGs' power takes the form of corruption. They can seemingly create life (Faceless Ones, etc.) and curse life onto lifeless constructs (Curse of Flesh). Going toe-to-toe in a fist fight is not their style nor their forte.

Lastly, Sargeras has never once in all of millenia been to Azeroth (with the Titans nor without them). And as of his current demonic titan state, he literally has a fel aura that turns everything within miles of him to ash - not very fun times.

Deleted

They subdue the old gods because they want to spare Azeroth, not because they can't just kill them in a heartbeat as you would know if you actually bothered to read what I post... anyway I am right you are wrong. GG!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowygoodness View Post
    Always funny reading how butthurt Old God fanboys are that the simple fact is.................Titans came, they saw, they conquered. Translation: Titans came back to Azeroth to find it infested with Old Gods to the point that killing the OGs would render Azeroth uninhabitable (reference persisting effects of Y'shaarj corruption despite being deaded), so the Titans instead of obliterating the planet (reference Algalon's description of Titan power capabilities) they subdued the OGs, which is far more difficult than outright vanquishing something.

Why is it so hard to understand the Old Gods have no real PHYSICAL power relative to the other colossal powers in the universe. The OGs' power takes the form of corruption. They can seemingly create life (Faceless Ones, etc.) and curse life onto lifeless constructs (Curse of Flesh). Going toe-to-toe in a fist fight is not their style nor their forte.

Lastly, Sargeras has never once in all of millenia been to Azeroth (with the Titans nor without them). And as of his current demonic titan state, he literally has a fel aura that turns everything within miles of him to ash - not very fun times.
    So Sargeras can turn everything near him into ash, yet an orc managed to get close enough to stab him in the leg?

We would see Kakashi's face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiidan View Post
    Sargeras and the burning legion wants to undo and remake the whole of the universe, Sargeras ultimate vision is that everything in the universe can be corrupted and is inherritedly build in a flaved way in it's core.

From what doom lord Kazzak says: "All life must be eradicated!" "The universe will be remade." "All mortals will perish!"
    What does that have to do with the Legion's numbers?

So Sargeras can turn everything near him into ash, yet an orc managed to get close enough to stab him in the leg?
    Perhaps to be taken seriously you should not purposely omit key information such as hmmmm idk the magically-imbued weapon the orc was wielding for just the occasion? It wasn't like he was just some random orc who walked up to Sargy during a morning stroll.
    Last edited by Shadowygoodness; 2013-08-21 at 08:54 PM.
    Those who you know as Warlocks are your Salvation through Destruction. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

The Old Gods would fight the Burning Legion. And then, to quote the tagline from Alien vs. Predator, "whoever wins, we lose."

Deleted
    Dude, the titans CREATE PLANETS OUT IN SPACE! They don't need to stand on a rock to do this shit they just create stuff, or raze stuff and remake it as they see fit. This is the scope of their power.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    What does that have to do with the Legion's numbers?
    Well, you said Sargeras is looking to create an army, I said he is not, he is corrupting and using species he se fit to help him acive the goal of RAZING THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE AND OBLITERATE ALL LIFE. His Ultimate goal is to KILL ALL, not CREATE an army....

if sargeras had entered the portal whole and whole. Everyone within a few miles would have been incinerated by his presence cept for the legion, Azhara and a few highborne (a large proportion would have been killed anyway)

While he was started to absorb the well, he would simultaneously wipe out the eternals, dragonflight and the various races who had banded together.

particular individuals would be recruited or currupted and recruited, certain races deemed to have potential would be currepted and turned into foot soldiers etc based on their profficiencies. Azhara would join the ranks of archimonde and Kiljaedon. swaying entire worlds to love her into damnation (with no shits given over the highborne on the legions side who were obliterated).

The legion would then move on with azeroth the footnote they thought it would be when they first sensed it. Who knows if the old gods would hide and pop up later after the legion leave or enter a massive war of attrition with the legion. mostly likely the latter if the legion occupy the planets they attack. that fight would go on forever. Specially as its hinted that theres more old gods out there in the universe.

Possibly down the line they would discover draenor and wipe the dreanai off the face of existence after their defeat..eventually

Then find the naaru and wipe them out.

Then enter a war against the Titans directly and wipe them out.

Then remold the universe in his Image.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2013-08-21 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiidan View Post
    Dude, the titans CREATE PLANETS OUT IN SPACE! They don't need to stand on a rock to do this shit they just create stuff, or raze stuff and remake it as they see fit. This is the scope of their power.
    They actually don't create planets; they modify existing worlds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowygoodness View Post
    Perhaps to be taken seriously you should not purposely omit key information such as hmmmm idk the magically-imbued weapon the orc was wielding for just the occasion? It wasn't like he was just some random orc who walked up to Sargy during a morning stroll.
    So, Malfurion can just create a weapon that can stop the universes apparent strongest being, from using his magic on people.

why aint he making more of these weapons?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    They actually don't create planets; they modify existing worlds.

Read the qoutes I wrote that is made by Algalon the observer... They raze entire planatary systems in less than a heartbeat, the failsafe mechanisms on Azeroth are made to re-originate the whole planet, destroy it all and build it anew... Yes the titans create order in the universe by creating planets as they see fit.

So, Malfurion can just create a weapon that can stop the universes apparent strongest being, from using his magic on people.

why aint he making more of these weapons?
    You're kinda proving my point. Obviously, he's not making more, b/c it's either just not something that can be mass produced or replicated. Don't insult the power of nature (the magic Malf uses) and its capabilities in WoW. It was literally nature itself, not any living hero, that destroyed Archimonde. So it's not exactly beyond the scope of reason for a weapon imbued with such magics to be able to at the very least repel Sargeras' aura.