Page 46 of 111 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stricks View Post
    I'm sitting at 12k spirit right now and I raid normal 10m, ilvl 517. I cannot spam HR, HR, HS without going OOM pretty quickly. Been running with spirit flasks because of this. My weapon is the weak spot at ilvl 483 :/
    I have the same issue tbh. I don't know how people HR so much when I can compete on heals but have much less mana than other healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Stricks View Post
    I'm sitting at 12k spirit right now and I raid normal 10m, ilvl 517. I cannot spam HR, HR, HS without going OOM pretty quickly. Been running with spirit flasks because of this. My weapon is the weak spot at ilvl 483 :/
    Even with 15K spirit and spirit trinkets we can not spam HR, HR, HS without going OOM (albeit not as quickly). At low spirit levels you do need to be a bit more careful about what kinds of spells you're using. People spam at higher spirit levels when people are at full life because they can to stack illuminated healing without incurring too much mana loss. At lower levels you should probably restrict yourself more to using it when people are actually taking damage.

Our paladin healer is swapping to raid heals from tank healing, can you guys give a look at her WOL from tonight and tell me how she's coming along? Any tips on what she needs to do more of?

WOL: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/0mesc...zxe/details/5/
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ymiahia/simple

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by hatchetman240 View Post
    Our paladin healer is swapping to raid heals from tank healing, can you guys give a look at her WOL from tonight and tell me how she's coming along? Any tips on what she needs to do more of?

Thank you!
    First off, you are doing 10 man, there should be no such thing as "raid healing" and tank healing. ToT has been designed that theres a crapload of general raid damage and the extra damage tanks take they can generally selfheal / absorb or mitigate.
    A holy pala should be beaconing a tank, that's instantly 50% of healing running through the beacon to the tank without a single direct heal being cast on them.
    The same goes for the disc priest. If they smite then the smart heal throws it where its needed and so on.

Get out of the "tank heal" minsdet, its hurting you.

On the actual logs, I checked the megaera fight only since its a good "healer" fight. Some observations.
    - Holy shock usage could be better. She could have cast 64 (DP procs excluded) but cast 41. Since its a good heal and a cheap holy power generator you need to work on this.
    - HA is a far better talent imo. For healing you want a predictable cooldown for high damage phases and HA is almost peerless. You may not get DP procs in a rampage but you can use HA every second rampage and its healing is immense.
    - She doesn't use other cooldowns. No wings / no crit thingy that I always forget the fricking name of and so on.
    - No personal CD's used except for one bubble. 6 rampages where she could have used divine protection for 40% less damage but it was never used.

Overall it looks decent. Just work on Holy shock usage and use throughput CD's.

I looked at another fight, Durumu. Basically here goes:

1) Same deal with Holy Shock usage. You always want to Holy Shock even if there is nothing to heal with it (its CD is short enough). Put it on a target that you think will take damage (a tank is a good choice generally) for the mastery shield. Holy Shock off CD pretty much, the only time you don't do it is if you would interrupt a cast.

2) She should look into different 90 talents beside Light's Hammer. That talent is not useful on Durumu because your raid is rarely stacked up in the same spot for that 14 second duration, and there is not a lot of heavy burst damage.

3) No usage of CD's: This is true for any healer you should use your cooldowns. For Durumu that would be for the light spectrum and disintegration beam phases, two very obvious moments to use CD's.

4) Personal CD usage. Your healer died to Eye Sores on Durumu at the very end. Use of Divine Protection and Healthstone could help (Eye Sore ignores immunities since Hotfix months ago).

---

For a beginner (10 normal), your healer isn't absolutely terrible. But there's definitely work she could do to better handle the harder normals and heroic modes.

Deleted

Thank you!
    Well friend, you have a lot to learn they have told you few things up you could fix. But most important of all as you are a 10M healer you dont require Light of Dawn at all. The patch didnt come yet so Ethernal Flame should be your main spell(expecialy as you dont have to heal the tank if he is beaconed). And you should learn how to respec during the raid, I personaly respec during ToT every 3rd boss. For example megaera has quite a use from Hammer BUT durumu gets easier by using Prism. Ow .. and one more IMPORTANT thing ... no one said you cant use Crusader stike.... ALOT. I looked at your full report 0 Crusider Strikes ?!?! :P

Thank you!
    Basically just reiterating what everyone else said.
    1. There are no "Tank" healers anymore. Beacon your tank, blanket EF.

2. DP might be nice on a set and forget it lvl, but ultimately, having more control over your heals with HA is more effective.

3. LoD should be used VERY sparingly in 10mans. Maybe toss it out to refresh shields if there just isn't anything left to do. Blanket EF is much more effective.

4. Edit: She could probably improve her Holy Shock usage by setting up an alert through something like Weak Auras. Originally I thought she was doing fine but then I rechecked the fight lengths.

5. Her cd usage could probably be better however, considering that she is working on normals, despite that it is a good habit to get into, she probably just doesn't feel the need for it. I have plenty of fights where the healing is so blah that I won't touch my cds. Its a bad habit yes, but on normals understandable. As long as she is aware that they are needed in Heroics, she'll be fine.

6. Crusader Strike isn't really necessary unless you are super tight on mana. Call me a bad pally but I HATE using CS, it isn't on my bars, I very rarely stand in melee due to mechanics, and with the changes to SoI for 5.4 it isn't a habit I would try to start forming now.

7. Lvl 90 talents could be utilized better, HP is much better for a majority of the ToT fights.
    Last edited by Ceresc; 2013-08-21 at 04:28 PM.

Deleted
    Is it worth downgrading my 522 chest to the 502 raid finder tier for 4 piece?

Quote Originally Posted by Advantage1 View Post
    Is it worth downgrading my 522 chest to the 502 raid finder tier for 4 piece?
    No. Stick with the 2 set. Stats from offpieces are better than a mediocre set bonus at best.

Deleted
    Hey guys just changing over from holy to prot so been looking up the theory and stuff and I think I have the hang of most of the stuff just the term EF blanketing is thrown about a lot and I would like some clarification...

Are you guys just slapping a 1 holy power EF on anyone and everyone to try and cover the whole raid or are you waiting till 2 or 3? I've only been using 3 hp EF and obviously need to use the HP on AoE healing and stuff sometimes so never really get it on more then a few people when i get DP procs and stuff

Im talking in terms of 25 man atm, only done lfr but going in to heal 25 man

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebry View Post
    Well friend, you have a lot to learn they have told you few things up you could fix. But most important of all as you are a 10M healer you dont require Light of Dawn at all. The patch didnt come yet so Ethernal Flame should be your main spell(expecialy as you dont have to heal the tank if he is beaconed). And you should learn how to respec during the raid, I personaly respec during ToT every 3rd boss. For example megaera has quite a use from Hammer BUT durumu gets easier by using Prism. Ow .. and one more IMPORTANT thing ... no one said you cant use Crusader stike.... ALOT. I looked at your full report 0 Crusider Strikes ?!?! :P
    EF is still pretty much your main lvl 45 talent in 5.4.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceresc View Post
    5. Her cd usage could probably be better however, considering that she is working on normals, despite that it is a good habit to get into, she probably just doesn't feel the need for it. I have plenty of fights where the healing is so blah that I won't touch my cds. Its a bad habit yes, but on normals understandable. As long as she is aware that they are needed in Heroics, she'll be fine.
    It might be harder on some normal fights, but on Megaera and Durumu for instance there are obvious points as to where to use CD's. Personally I found Holy Avenger really easy to use compared to the others (it's a shorter CD and more powerful), but to start you can probably stay with DP and learn to use the other two CD's more effectively first.

6. Crusader Strike isn't really necessary unless you are super tight on mana. Call me a bad pally but I HATE using CS, it isn't on my bars, I very rarely stand in melee due to mechanics, and with the changes to SoI for 5.4 it isn't a habit I would try to start forming now.
    Agreed that it's definitely not mandatory and probably will be less so with SoI changes. It is a very nice bonus now but should be among your last things to worry about, not first.

my 10man group is just starting Ra-Den. Im looking to see what other h pallys are doing on this fight.
    I was using Light's Hammer ,Divine Purpose and blanketing Eternal Flame.
    sorry i cant link yet .
    scrêws Zul'jin

I keep doing this to people but....

v-- This link in my signature will help you.
    Living the casual life, oh yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    It might be harder on some normal fights, but on Megaera and Durumu for instance there are obvious points as to where to use CD's. Personally I found Holy Avenger really easy to use compared to the others (it's a shorter CD and more powerful), but to start you can probably stay with DP and learn to use the other two CD's more effectively first.

Agreed that it's definitely not mandatory and probably will be less so with SoI changes. It is a very nice bonus now but should be among your last things to worry about, not first.
    Oh Holy Avenger should be used consistently on every fight agreed. I should have clarified that. To me Holy Avenger is a talent not a cd. Technically it is a cd but I don't lump it in with Divine Favor, Avenging Wrath, GoAK. Thank you for pointing that out.

As for Crusader Strike, if you had of had the a@@ chewing from my raid lead (3 weeks into the patch) the first time arcing lightening got into the melee group due to me on H IQ, you would have eradicated it from your bars too. After that wipe I was forbidden in the melee zone.
    Last edited by Ceresc; 2013-08-22 at 12:15 PM.

Hi, i have few questions regarding gearing and 3rd tier talents. I didnt have much chance to do much testing myself due to problems with my PTR client and lack of time. So i could really use some advise on following issues:

Stat values:
    For the secondary stats its quite clear: Mastery > haste > spirit > crit, but what about intelect? How does it stand compared to the secondary stats? Does anyone have calculated updated values for 5.4 stats for EF spec? I am unsure what to put into all those red sockets which are in the new gear.

How high is the sweet value of spirit for EF spec after the last HS mana reduction? And how high is the sweet value of spirit for SH spec? I read that for EF spec after the holy shock change effectively if you cast it on CD you can drop 5-6k spirit. But from what value? 17k or so? Does that mean 11-12k is a good number?

Specs
    Regarding the specs, what i found out here is that EF is still the best. Is that correct for 10 man? What about the SS and SH? Are there very good on certain bosses?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Deleted
    Are u playing with SS / EF or SH ? `??

I will play with whatever is best for the given boss. What i read on forums etc, it should be eternal flame. But if that changes i want to be prepared for the other two talents too.

So lets say for eternal flame spec.

I raid 10 man HC. Item level 548 at this moment.

As for Crusader Strike, if you had of had the ass chewing from my raid lead (3 weeks into the patch) the first time arcing lightening got into the melee group due to me on H IQ, you would have eradicated it from your bars too. After that wipe I was forbidden in the melee zone.
    (Luckily this isn't battle.net forums with the word filter that hates grape juice).

You don't use CS on Iron Qon until the last phase (or Twins really anywhere), but that doesn't mean you can't use it on other fights.

Just a quick question...

I'm currently using helm/shoulders 2 pc with the sp/mastery gloves and legs. I have the heroic tier legs and the heroic sp/haste helm off ji kun sitting in my bags. Would you switch the pieces out or leave them as they are? It would be a hit to my mastery (unbuffed, from about 32% to 29%) but a gain everywhere else.

Thanks <3