Skedone, out of respect to Fuzzzie let's just drop the personal part. If it wasn't aimed at me and Fuzzzie, then fine.

As to your other points. Anytime I have problems I pull out anything not on Fuzzzies mod list which is really only a few minor mods. I use Fuzzzies configs so no issues there that would be unusual. But I don't think Fuzzzie is guaranteeing that all of the mods on the 1.6 list play together nicely, they just should load. There is a big difference between the game starting and things not crashing after you start building things.

Let me give you just a couple of examples of my frustration with 1.6. Take IC2 and BC. Try placing a liquid pipe on a geothermal generator and see what happens. Nothing happens. They don't connect. It is a documented bug on the IC2 forurms. Does it happen in the experimental version. Who knows. I load the experimental version and get a crash talking about bad recipes before the game even loads. I have tried removing mods one at a time to see where the conflict is, but that sort of gets back to my point that things aren't playing together nicely. I wouldn't even mention the IC2 exp issue but it goes back to my point that there are just to many unresolved issues with this version of MC.

Take Modular Power Suits. I can't get it to work with Forestry. I know others have posted here that it works fine. I even got on IRC and talked to one of the mod authors of MPS and he confirmed it is a known bug. Why it affects some people and not others I have no idea. But I have already spent a day trying to debug it and gave up. I just pulled MPS since I can play without it and would rather have Forestry.

I know you have said your version works fine. And I am glad for you. This isn't my first rodeo and I think I do a pretty decent job of debugging stuff. I have been playing computer games before there were any graphics and all you had was a mainframe to play. (Maybe because the personal computer hadn't been invented yet).

My point though is that in general stuff should pretty much just drop in place, with of course issues about ID conflicts and such. But when I drop in a mod, then spend the next 3 hours trying to figure out which other mod (or in worse cases, mods) it isn't working with and then having to decide which of those mods I no longer plan on using, or will trash my world by taking it out, then I consider that messed up.

But again, that is just me. I respect your opinion on the issue. I too am playing 1.6.2 and have 80+ mods loaded. I just don't like the effort it is taking to make them work together and the holes in the existing mod availability. Unfortunately, if some of those missing mods don't come out soon we are going to be looking at a 1.7 release and then the game starts again. It isn't a wonder so many modders are burned out.

Best regards
    Last edited by laguy442; 2013-08-21 at 04:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know exactly the point of a sandbox game. And that is to play it any way I want to play it. And that way is with mods that aren't buggy as shit and not having to compromise using this mod due to this other mod not being out. That is why I would rather stick to 1.5.2 over 1.6.2 any day of the week.

Deleted
    Wow so one sentence has caused this much grief let me see if I can sort this now . The game I was referring to is the modded minecraft game not minecraft. The point of this thread is for people who don't want to use mod packs and want to be on cutting edge of modding is what I believed other wise why be in a 1.6.2 mod post and not be on ftb or techic forum. That is game I'm referring to. So please lets stop the bs and get back to modding news and info. Amazed that every time I post it get walked over or torn apart. When all I try to do is help. Anyway I'm of to finish update for microbox and setool

- - - Updated - - -

Also the recipe error you talk of I had and did post about a good few pages back it was ue doing it.

- - - Updated - - -

I to enjoyed zork and Oregon trail

Skedone, if I was walking over you or tearing you apart then please accept my apologies. That wasn't my intent.

Moving on. New version of Railcraft today.

--------------Update----------

Just curious, what UE mod did you uninstall to make IC2 experimental work? As far as I know I have removed all of the UE stuff (I don't load core or basic) but did remove atomic science, mechanism (all 3 files) and MFFS. I don't use ICBM, complex machines or galacticraft. Did I miss one?
    Last edited by laguy442; 2013-08-21 at 07:02 PM.

Deleted
    Nope that seems right mate when I can get to my pc I can give u a complete list or I can pm u a dropbox link with my mod and config folder if u like

Yeah, if you could just double check your list. I am just going on what Fuzzzie has listed in the UE section. Might be some other mod has the UE API that is causing the issue? Thanks for your help.

I wasn't able to get any of the UE mods working with AppEng rv12. Once I moved to rv13.rc4, I was able to load all the list UE mods. Give that a shot.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottulusMaximus View Post
    Woot finally got my screenies up, check em out http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Lots-of-Images

Hope u proud fuzzzie!!!
    I saw them! They look awesome!

With regards to 1.6 over 1.5, The issue isn't about this mod or that being missing or bugs, it's the combination of all those things. I play a little 1.6, but mostly to test the upcoming things. As for my season 4, It's not starting until early september. Who knows, maybe things will be at a better place by then!

1.6.2 Updates!

• Forge (Latest) Updated
    • Applied Energistics Dev Updated
    • Biomes O Plenty Updated
    • Blood Magic Updated
    • Extra Cells Updated
    • Extra Utilities Updated
    • Iron Chests 2 Updated
    • Natura Updated
    • IC2 Experimental Updated

Well, with the help of Skedone and an assist by SmilinJoe I managed to get the IC2 experimental version working including the new version of AE. The trick was seeing a complete set of mods that worked. Turns out it was the UE stuff which in my case was Mechanism (all 3 files) and Atomic Science. Surprisingly MFFS seems to be okay, at least from my intial testing. The surprise was Chargepads. It doesn't seem to be compatible with the IC2 exp version. I checked the chargepads github and someone has already reported the issue.

So to get a working IC2 I had to drop the UE stuff which isn't a big deal and chargepads which I don't use till late game anyway if ever.

Hope this helps anyone else trying to load the experimental version of IC2.

Again, many thanks Skedone for your assistance. There were so many conflicts it was just hard to figure out what combo of mods was causing the problem. Your list gave me the key to figuring it out.

-----------Update--------------

Wow, lots of changes to the new IC2. Got some learning to do to make stuff.
    Last edited by laguy442; 2013-08-21 at 09:57 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by laguy442 View Post
    Wow, lots of changes to the new IC2. Got some learning to do to make stuff.
    Yeah, getting close to the time where I test it out and possibly add the configs for it.

----------

• Added Mo' Creatures
    • Added GUI Api
    • Added Custom Mob Spawner
    • Added Small Boats

Mo Creatures Requires Custom Mob Spawner and GUI Api. If you're not using Mo Creatures then you don't need them. Also, looking through some of your other suggestions I've had bookmarked for a while.

Well done Fuzzzz! Now, help me search for an ore-processing replacement that isn't IC2 or UE stuffs or TC so I can get past the Thermal Expansion hangup.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rmm99 View Post
    Well done Fuzzzz! Now, help me search for an ore-processing replacement that isn't IC2 or UE stuffs or TC so I can get past the Thermal Expansion hangup.
    The only other thing would be Factorization.

Liquid Metals used to have a good system but it's been abandoned. TC seems like the best option at the moment if you don't want to use IC2.

Just a side note Fuzzzie. Looks like someone has taken over the Liquid Metals mod and says he will have a 1.6 version out soon (TM). I never used that mod when it was out but I have heard some folks really liked it. I will keep an eye out and let you know if it ever is released.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by laguy442 View Post
    Just a side note Fuzzzie. Looks like someone has taken over the Liquid Metals mod and says he will have a 1.6 version out soon (TM). I never used that mod when it was out but I have heard some folks really liked it. I will keep an eye out and let you know if it ever is released.
    I did a spotlight for it back in the day. The machines were okay. You could actually get more than double the input but they were a little sketchy to automate.

Deleted
    See told u :-P :-D glad it worked mate and sorry for the grief I seemed to cause again as I have said and will always been if I'm directing stuff at you you will be named in post lol. And yeah charge pads lol forgot about that

I've been using the IC2 experimental - since Greg started helping: wow - I don't know if it's all him or what, but it's seriously coming around nicely. It works great in singleplayer, but it's still crashing on servers. Hoping they have that fixed before monday....

Also looking forward to the config files for mo'creatures... I like the looks of this (just hope it adds to existing worlds - even if the biomes have generated... We've done a LOT of exploring... )

Quote Originally Posted by skedone View Post
    See told u :-P :-D glad it worked mate and sorry for the grief I seemed to cause again as I have said and will always been if I'm directing stuff at you you will be named in post lol. And yeah charge pads lol forgot about that
    No problem friend. Clearly we both care about Minecraft as does Fuzzzie and lot of the other people on this forum. It can get frustrating at times but to be honest, in my opinion most of that starts with Mojang and the way they have handled the modding community in general. I probably wouldn't play MC if all I could do was to have to use the FTB packs. They have their place, but as you said, this is the cutting edge of Minecraft modding and there is a price to be paid when you are loading sometimes lightly tested mods.

I even managed to get my Modular Power Suits running which I had not been able to use before. Not sure which of those mods I removed that was causing the issue, but as long as it works I am fine. Not sure I will be going back to UE anytime soon. You certainly were right about the bugs in UE.

Still trying to get used to some of the recipe changes to IC2 experimental but overall it looks like they just added more steps to make things. Not sure if that is related to GT influence. One thing I finally figured out was to make a metal former from IC2. Then you don't have to use that silly forge hammer to make all of the different plates. Will be interesting to see if you can automate that machine later with AE or some other mod.

Again, thanks

Deleted
    No problem and yeah new ic2 is good and mps runs on my test machine too but is to resource hungery it's only a aging laptop as main machine is without gpu at mo due to me losing 12v leads lol. Also I think they are heading in right direction at mojang just wish they would not swap and change mind all the time lol. As for ue it just seem to brake everything and have zero testing and really bad wiki.

Also I don't belive gt has any input into ic2 it seems to be just player and now Richard g again lol

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sabster View Post
    I've been using the IC2 experimental - since Greg started helping: wow - I don't know if it's all him or what, but it's seriously coming around nicely. It works great in singleplayer, but it's still crashing on servers. Hoping they have that fixed before monday....

Also looking forward to the config files for mo'creatures... I like the looks of this (just hope it adds to existing worlds - even if the biomes have generated... We've done a LOT of exploring... )
    Mo'Creatures is beyond awesome, it will work on existing worlds no problem and has great BOP integration. Just a hint that once in world you should IMMEDIATELY go into 'Global Mod Options' 'Dr Zharks Mo Creatures' 'Custom Spawner' and set 'Despawn Vanilla Mobs' to FALSE or all your animals in pens will despawn. Then also set "Modify Vanilla Spawns' to FALSE or the custom spawner will keep spawning vanilla mobs/animals until your whole world is just filled with cows, sheep, pigs and chickens with no Mo'Creatures or mobs.

Oh and btw if you see an ogre(or even worse a fire ogre) near your base RUN THE FUUUUUUUCK AWAY, they destroy ALL blocks in their way to get to you

Deleted
    Mo creatures should just drop in mobs work different I will test later if not it should only be a few id conflicts and yeah I norm just turn ogre off lol things just used to reck my base on a 10 min cycle lol

- - - Updated - - -

Not played it since 1.42 tho and it's added a shite load more since then lol

- - - Updated - - -

yes its out time to test with setup

http://www.atomicstryker.net/ruins.html