Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gromnak View Post
    lol, don't complain when you give your bis trinket away to a tank
    At that time our paladin tank was running around with a previous tier trinket, ofc i let him have it when it was more benefical for him than me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzsozef View Post
    At that time our paladin tank was running around with a previous tier trinket, ofc i let him have it when it was more benefical for him than me.
    11 items on loot table. 12 kills. You seen the item once. Sounds pretty average luck to me, no?

I'm pretty sure your not the only person in the whole game to finish a tier with that one item that never dropped. That's just how it goes.. Not everyone completes their BiS item list. Yes 10 man can get fucked out of loot sometimes but that's just how it goes when you raid on that group size. Look at my helm, 496 still after 2 months or so at 90. Or my bracers. Twins and JinRokh fuck me on a weekly basis but do I complain? No.. I carry on and have fun in the game. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    For some reason and I will never understand this the developers insist that RNG character progression (in warcraft current this is loot) is a time honroed tradition in rpgs. It isn't. It isn't even in fantasy archetypes. You don't go kill the dragon on the chance you MIGHT get his heart or his armor, you go because you KNOW it's there and you know when you kill him you will get it. It's the whole god damn point. Not rolling the dice in the background. It's actually really immersion breaking. I killed the dragon wooo a bag of gold...
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    My story is even worse. Caster trinkets on 10man drop so rarely that half our raid still doesn't have a decent trinket. And we cleared ToT months ago!!

46 hc kills later (On all 3 hc bosses that drop a caster trinket) and 46 coins later, i am still wearing an upgraded elegon trinket (Wich was upgraded before they took upgrades away!)

Not to mention that only 1 ranged has 2 hc trinkets (Wich she coined both) and 3 casters have 1 hc trinket. (All 5 of these dropped in the last 2 weeks)

While I do agree that every raid team gets hit by RNG, I feel like 25s generally get a better loot distribution than 10s. 25s have 2.5x more raiders than 10s, but see 3x more loot...just statistics, no? (Not complaining, just making a point)

If we're sharing bad RNG stories, my DK co-tank got it the worst in our 9/13H 10m guild. I think he saw a total of 3 or 4 heroic tanking pieces and ended up having more heroic off-spec DPS pieces defaulted to him. He was at 531 vs. my (the other tank) 542. We had a small celebration for him whenever he got loot.

Also, that Jin'Rokh DPS plate belt does not like to drop. We've downed him every week since ToT came out and literally never saw it drop in normal or heroic. I was fortunate enough to coin a heroic version, but ran around with a 496 for a while, haha.

I've had this happen to me at different points in past expansions, just remember, the worst thing you could do if you want to eventually get that piece of gear that you wanted, is to stop playing because of bad luck in the past because of drops. By not playing due to this and this alone, you are missing out on enhancing your experience as a player, as well as the potential to get that one thing that you wanted.

RNG is RNG; it sucks. I've killed Nef in BWL 59 times + however many times I killed him in vanilla and TBC. So probably in the 80 range. I have never seen a crul'shorukh drop. ever. This game is retarded with drop luck sometimes

10+ Year Old Account
    Horridon's healing trinket doesn't exist for me. We've never seen it drop, and all the times I've rolled a coin on the boss, I've never seen it. Our resto druid got it last kill on a coin drop.

I do have Horridon's strength DPS trinket, though! -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    And we all know this guy/girl in our raid team that only gets to fart to get all the loot they want ...

Yesterday I helped out my guild on raden as they were 1 man short (I quit raiding in april) and heard this story on vent about our ex-hunter:

A few weeks into ToT the hunter managed to lose his account the week he came back from his holiday (strange story, will save you the details). So he started levelling a new hunter on a new account. 6 weeks later, the hunter was 6 ilvls higher than our warlock, who came full BiS out of tier 14 and didn't miss a single ToT raid. Every single item that could drop, dropped for him. While the same hunter didn't coin a single item during T14, never. Weird how rng can go both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Uglytoes View Post
    So a couple of things...

1. Thanks for proving that 10m is easier. All of that mysterious missing loot from your whole raid and you still full cleared.

2. I am in a 13/13 HC 25m and I can tell from your post that you have no idea about 25m loot. 25m is not guaranteed 2 TF items. We've had nights with loot from bosses that had no TF at all. So much for that guaranteed TF gear huh? Our raid also has been plagued with nothing but Agi Mail for the most part all tier. Our hunters had no problems gearing up and all of our shaman have full heroic TF enhance offsets by now I'm sure. Other than that, we sharded a lot of heroic agi mail. You really don't know what you're talking about in regards to 25m loot until you've gotten 2x heroic agi chest/legs off a boss that both get sharded every week.
    I raided in 10 and 25 man this tier. You didn't raid in 10 man. 25 man is crazy easier.

The 25 man group I raided with on my alt had AT LEAST 5 completely terrible raiders, like stand in everything bad every time, dying on the pull on almost every fight or shortly after, so bad that any one of them would cause a 10 man group to have not been able to clear normal .... completely terrible (hrbrrhrbrhrrhrh) , and has no people who rank in logs other than me and one hunter (who is actually very awesome though). And that 25 man group is 11/13H. The 10 man group I raid with carries one bad raider (not terribad like the 5 on my 25 man, just semi-bad), and another average raider, has most of the dps and a tank consistently ranking in logs, and is 8/13H.

25 man might be hard to manage, but overall the fights are incredibly easier.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, RNG sucks. I sympathize. I went the whole tier rolling every week on Lei Shen and we never saw the warlock trinket drop so I never got to experience the joy of having an army of imps and playing demo to its fullest .... however despite the total suckage that is pve RNG, we keep on keeping on and you'll get some other gear and be able to clear what you're gonna clear due to working on it, every single piece of gear isn't really all that important.

I feel your pain.

I'm still tanking with MSV LFR shield.

I have the same problem but the item I havn't seen is the healingtrinket from Horridon

LFR: 15 Kills
    Normal: 15 Kills
    Heroic: 9 Kills

I have used my rolls everytime I kill the boss and never seen that trinket (our other healer got it from roll though) but I have gotten these from rolls:
    Neck (normal+heroic)
    Ring (2 normal)
    Wand (2 normal)
    Bracer (2 normal+heroic thunderforged)

So yeah rng can be a bitch :P
    Congratz Jesus the Solar Messiah, Ynf Ynf!
    Mah Warrior

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    While I don't pvgay, I can fully appreciate the op's frustration with RNG in this game...while levelling my monk, I counted how many times in a row I got Ramparts while queueing as a tank in LFG. The count ended at 9 when I rage quit, and was 4 or 5 levels higher than the mobs in the dungeon. I can count on 1 hand the amount of TK instances I have been in through LFG after levelling many (10+), and every single one I have been allowed to enter has been The Mechanar. It got to the point where I even put in a ticket about it, and the answer I recieved was laughable - "Dur dur dur, it's all rng, and sometimes it sucks for you, but it's also based on the level of players that are around". Now, I play on what is one of the busiest servers in the game, and there is no shortage of people to go around. In that ramps run, I was queued with level appropriate people every single time...it wasn't liek there was a lvl 59 with us 64's. No, there were 4 64's and a 63, or somethign along those lines. Even had the same issue with mech....mechanar 3 times in a row when there are 2 other instances that are at the same level. To make a long story short, the game is borked beyond belief, and Blizzard cearly doesn't give a shit about it anymore.

It's ok, you don't need the best gear and you shouldn't expect to get it. Loot is just means to an end (progress). As long as drops are going to someone in your raid, your guild will keep making progress.

I don't want to be bold, but I think that to expect an item to drop from only 18 kills may be off the roof a bit. Even so on 8 kills (Council). And for most items there are appropriate alternatives, why does everyone expect to get out of an instance with full BiS gear? I.e. boots for your shaman: There are boots from Ra-Den as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    tl;dr version: Every boss has 1 item on average that their raid has yet to see drop. They did however clear all bosses which just proves those items weren't needed at all. Which you could've already guessed from the moment a world first kill had been established in week 2 or so.
    Given the content of his post, what does "Need to clear" (which he never claimed, tho there was a mention of a staff that would have been "helpful" for their druid) have to do with "We cleared heroic and there are so many items that never dropped!" Which I think is a valid complaint.

Just because you don't NEED a certain item for progession, doens't mean you stop wanting it or stop wanting to empower/progress your character.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeperHerring View Post
    As long as drops are going to someone in your raid, your guild will keep making progress.
    As long as drops are actually going to someone in your raid, everything is great.

However, what you must keep in mind is that there are so many items simply disenchanted because nobody needs them. Or they take them for the off-spec that they never play because disenchanting would be a pity.

I think that this is where the frustration truly sets in for many people. Getting no goodies for yourself isn't a big deal. But seeing your entire raid not getting any goodies for improvement, is simply aggravating. Seeing loot slots occupied by the same thing that has been trashed 10 weeks in a row already whereas your tank still has that LFR shield from T14 or something like that, and your paladin is pining for his bracers and your ranged dps is still cursing Megaera for not handing out their trinket - and dropping Bag of Hydra-crap heroic thunderforged instead that none of your healers will touch with a 10-foot-pole because it's so unimaginably horrible for everything except your token 25-man-mana-battery.

And don't even mention the tier-token bosses. Only 1 loot slot for something other than the tier token. That's just bad style.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    I think that this is where the frustration truly sets in for many people. Getting no goodies for yourself isn't a big deal. But seeing your entire raid not getting any goodies for improvement, is simply aggravating. Seeing loot slots occupied by the same thing that has been trashed 10 weeks in a row already whereas your tank still has that LFR shield from T14 or something like that, and your paladin is pining for his bracers and your ranged dps is still cursing Megaera for not handing out their trinket - and dropping Bag of Hydra-crap heroic thunderforged instead that none of your healers will touch with a 10-foot-pole because it's so unimaginably horrible for everything except your token 25-man-mana-battery.
    But that's how it's alway's been, it's just part of how random loot works. Seriously, the game gets so much better when you stop obsessing over specific pieces of loot and just use whatever is available. Your performance will also improve since you're not gimping yourself by passing on smaller upgrades while waiting for that one special gear you're obsessing over (it's even worse if you have DKP and everyone is hoarding for some BiS piece).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uglytoes View Post
    So a couple of things...

1. Thanks for proving that 10m is easier. All of that mysterious missing loot from your whole raid and you still full cleared.

2. I am in a 13/13 HC 25m and I can tell from your post that you have no idea about 25m loot. 25m is not guaranteed 2 TF items. We've had nights with loot from bosses that had no TF at all. So much for that guaranteed TF gear huh? Our raid also has been plagued with nothing but Agi Mail for the most part all tier. Our hunters had no problems gearing up and all of our shaman have full heroic TF enhance offsets by now I'm sure. Other than that, we sharded a lot of heroic agi mail. You really don't know what you're talking about in regards to 25m loot until you've gotten 2x heroic agi chest/legs off a boss that both get sharded every week.
    25man was never made to guarantee Thunderforged items, if it was there would have been no point for the none-Thunderforged items to begin with. 25man has a higher chance to drop Thunderforged nothing else.

As for the RNG, since I started raiding after a break I have done Jin'rokh and Ji-Kun heroic several times and I have yet to see either the Trinket, Tier Legs or Cloak from those bosses. And I save my Mogu Rune for them. I also thought that the more times you didn't get loot from the roll the more guaranteed you are to win something and yet I keep winning gold.