Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    We need this combined with this.

I want to be a Lasher Lasher.
    Yeah, I thought of this when reading the thread title too.
    You should probably pick something other than lasher as the name.

Seems interesting enough as a class in general, but there's just... no foundation for it in Warcraft.
    I mean... other than the one scene of Garrosh using a chain to fight, has there ever been any person in warcraft who's specialty is a whip/rope/chain? Besides Harrison Jones, of course. It'd just be rather odd to see a large number of brand new shadow and arcane using whip wielders appear out of nowhere with an elite mastery of this weapon that's never even been seen before.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Victosia View Post
    I actually like the fact that this is a genuine idea. Most people find inspiration in other games tied to Blizzard when coming up with ideas, but this is something new.

Would it work in WoW? Not so sure.
    Is it fun and innovative? Sure.
    That's totally the perfect comment, thanks sir. I just wanted to know if people find this interesting. That's all

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Yeah, I thought of this when reading the thread title too.
    You should probably pick something other than lasher as the name.

Seems interesting enough as a class in general, but there's just... no foundation for it in Warcraft.
    I mean... other than the one scene of Garrosh using a chain to fight, has there ever been any person in warcraft who's specialty is a whip/rope/chain? Besides Harrison Jones, of course. It'd just be rather odd to see a large number of brand new shadow and arcane using whip wielders appear out of nowhere with an elite mastery of this weapon that's never even been seen before.
    Kind of like monks, pre-mop. I mean, there was the brewmaster in WCIII, but beyond that absolutely no basis.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricirich91 View Post
    Awesome! I agree too. There are no whips in the whole Warcraft universe! No-sense I say! Whip/Chain had been a fantasy/medieval weapon.
    Blizzard, with all the respect I have, did you forget it?
    Nice idea, more out of the box than what we saw before.

I saw once (don't remember where so you'll have to take my word on it) that Blizzard purposely didn't include weapons with moving parts (whips, flails, nunchakus, etc...) because it was too hard to animate naturally with all classes and races without awkward clipping.
    Now that tech has evolved it may be possible in the future once the new models are integrated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phyl View Post
    Nice idea, more out of the box than what we saw before.

I saw once (don't remember where so you'll have to take my word on it) that Blizzard purposely didn't include weapons with moving parts (whips, flails, nunchakus, etc...) because it was too hard to animate naturally with all classes and races without awkward clipping.
    Now that tech has evolved it may be possible in the future once the new models are integrated.
    Great knowledge sir!

Quote Originally Posted by angryplateguy View Post
    Kind of like monks, pre-mop. I mean, there was the brewmaster in WCIII, but beyond that absolutely no basis.
    But the difference is that there is no basis at all for arcane-shadow spell using whip weilders.
    At least monks were a thing, there were monks in the Scarlet Crusade pre Mists, and the Pandaren Brewmasters were known.

This would be creating a group of unique fighters out of nothing, like multiple races on both factions just suddenly decided "Hey, let's learn some warlock magic, some mage magic, and then harness it using whips as weapons".

I'm not saying it wouldn't be cool, it would be. It'd just be out of nowhere.

That's totally the perfect comment, thanks sir. I just wanted to know if people find this interesting. That's all
    Miss* D: *Hits with whip*
    Oh lawd
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

Deleted
    worst idea yet - a class who can wear 3 different types of armor - guess who want a new hunTARD class?

Deleted
    NEWS: ability "dazing lash" dazes the enemy, slowing his movement by 50% and forcing him to dismount.

interesting and cool idea.

one tiny problem with differing armour classes between specs, is wanting to use the same piece for different specs.

who else could use whips? or would it be like hunters and ranged weapons?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    interesting and cool idea.

one tiny problem with differing armour classes between specs, is wanting to use the same piece for different specs.

who else could use whips? or would it be like hunters and ranged weapons?
    About differing armour I don't see it an issue. It just may be given as passive when selected the spec.
    Sadly no other classes should wear Whips, because of the unique combat style/mechanic.
    Lashers can only use whips.
    Whips can only be used by Lashers.

There is a certain affinity

PS: thanks for your "like" ^^

Deleted
    Yes this will maybe attract girls to wow, nice point
    By making em look like prostitutes is going to lure females to play? Wow.... O.o

Deleted
    succubus is lasher, so lasher type class is possible

....please no, we already have too many people cybering on RP and RPPVP servers and calling it "ERP" without having a class designed almost entirely around a fetish. that along with no lore reasoning behind them anywhere in warcraft aside from possibly succubi...hearing the arguments for tinkerers every few minutes because people don't think engineering is good enough is already bad without adding more class ideas into it.
    ...at this point it's almost guaranteed that "war in warcraft" is garrosh getting on his incompetent podium to declare yet another group his enemy for the crime of breathing his air, alliance saying this is horde favoritism, and the more....special....yes.. let's go with special... horde players seeing garrosh as a god because he lets them attack the alliance players who keep saying that out being led by a moron is horde favoritism.

Deleted
    Already in game:

Quote Originally Posted by melak View Post
    By making em look like prostitutes is going to lure females to play? Wow.... O.o
    ..it seems as though you've described the female armor design for most korean MMOs
    ...at this point it's almost guaranteed that "war in warcraft" is garrosh getting on his incompetent podium to declare yet another group his enemy for the crime of breathing his air, alliance saying this is horde favoritism, and the more....special....yes.. let's go with special... horde players seeing garrosh as a god because he lets them attack the alliance players who keep saying that out being led by a moron is horde favoritism.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melak View Post
    From the ones I see loitering by me they're already in game, keeping their candles safe.

Deleted
    Why the hell so many of you imagine this as fetish/sexual/indecent concept? It's just a f***ing whipper and it shouldn't be fetish ingame!
    Do this looks fetish?

Their class trainer for both factions: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=42023

I was thinking about how awesome would be a particular new kind of class: a mix between melee and range:

the Lasher:

Equip
    Basic Lasher wears cloth, but Slavemaster spec allows to wear leather, and Dominance spec allows mail!
    I would make the class full leather/mail. Too few mail classes currently and it seems the class can deal/share with the Hunter and Shaman gear.