Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Tortos 25 heroic MD bug

Hey folks, been lurking the forum a lot and tried my best to search for solution but I am unable to find any.

So I'll get to it, I'm one of four hunters in my 25 man raiding group and all four of us are assigned to Misdirect the vamperic cave bats to our add tank, (we're using the kiting strat). however when i cast misdirect it buffs the add tank but when i start to attack the bats Misdirect doesn't activate. (no swirly animation or anything). The buff just continues to count down until it ticks off and none of my own aggro gets transfered. The worst part is, it's not consistent it feels like it works only half the time.

any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Salidir View Post
    Hey folks, been lurking the forum a lot and tried my best to search for solution but I am unable to find any.

So I'll get to it, I'm one of four hunters in my 25 man raiding group and all four of us are assigned to Misdirect the vamperic cave bats to our add tank, (we're using the kiting strat). however when i cast misdirect it buffs the add tank but when i start to attack the bats Misdirect doesn't activate. (no swirly animation or anything). The buff just continues to count down until it ticks off and none of my own aggro gets transfered. The worst part is, it's not consistent it feels like it works only half the time.

any help would be appreciated.
    Because your pet is attacking something and consuming the MD. Call your pet off and stop attacks then cast MD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JSorrentino View Post
    Because your pet is attacking something and consuming the MD. Call your pet off and stop attacks then cast MD.
    It's been a while since I played my Hunter but pet attacks do not consume MD, and his problem is that Misdirect never triggers, not that it triggers too early.

Quote Originally Posted by IloveGerardWay View Post
    It's been a while since I played my Hunter but pet attacks do not consume MD, and his problem is that Misdirect never triggers, not that it triggers too early.
    Ilove is correct.

/cast[target=<name of tank or focus up to you>] misdirection
    /cast barrage

It times close and you dont have to focus on adds, pretty simple macro and works for me

/cast [target=mizu] misdirection
    /cast barrage

Quote Originally Posted by mizunokizu View Post
    /cast[target=<name of tank or focus up to you>] misdirection
    /cast barrage

It times close and you dont have to focus on adds, pretty simple macro and works for me

/cast [target=mizu] misdirection
    /cast barrage
    Yes I'm using a similar macro at the moment that misdirects my focus, then i cast barrage once the bats are in range. but the problem is misdirect will not activate once it is cast, this only happens during this fight for me. none of the other hunters have this problem

Deleted
    Ticket a GM to check it, if none of the others are experiencing it then something is clearly bugged for you. Ticket a GM and get it fixed! Hope they sort it out for you mate

I've had this every now and then. I've popped MD, started multishot/barrage, hits mobs, but MD hasn't triggered, and I end up pulling the aggro. Very odd Bug. But I've stopped MD'ing now as there is usually another hunter in the setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Devboy View Post
    I've had this every now and then. I've popped MD, started multishot/barrage, hits mobs, but MD hasn't triggered, and I end up pulling the aggro. Very odd Bug. But I've stopped MD'ing now as there is usually another hunter in the setup.
    What you can try to do, to correct things, is unlearn your Spec (go to a hunter trainer), learn something you do not have in place of it (Like BM->MM), then unlearn again and re-learn the spec you originally had. Basically refreshes things in case something may be corrupt.

Deleted
    You have to attack them while they're on the ground, they'll reset aggro mid-air.

Quote Originally Posted by Koenig View Post
    You have to attack them while they're on the ground, they'll reset aggro mid-air.
    No they don't. I've always used MD+MS combo when they are far up in the air and always worked.

@OP:

Remove all Misdirect related glyphs if you have them.

Also make this macro instead:
    Code:
    #showtooltip Misdirection
    /cast [@focus, exists] Misdirection; [@pet] Misdirection
    Just put your bat tank to your /focus and it should work always, I don't really like the [target=X](X=player name) since you often have to change the macro. Setting the MD target of that fight to Focus is the easiest thing you can do.

I've had a similar problem on Tortos, and possibly some of the other hunters in our raid group.
    In the end we stopped using MD on the bats as it was too unreliable with this weird bug.

Is MD not working on anything or just bats? if it's just a issue with bats:

I know it's by no mean a fix, but does the threat on bats still get transfered to the tank if you trigger MD on Tortos or a turtle shell and then AOE the bats? As you have 4 seconds, it should be enough do it and cast a full barrage on bats (or glaive+2xmultishots), just don't consume a global cooldown to trigger it (autoshot a target).

Deleted
    The trick is to not cast MD too early when the bats are very high up in the air, at least thats my personal experience.

I'm not sure if it's related to Tortos. But what you described sounds like what happened when your MD target clicks it off. You may want to check with your bat tanks see if he somehow clicked it off. You can also check your log to see if that's what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonleekungfu View Post
    I'm not sure if it's related to Tortos. But what you described sounds like what happened when your MD target clicks it off. You may want to check with your bat tanks see if he somehow clicked it off. You can also check your log to see if that's what happened.
    You can't click it off.. All the buffs appear on the Hunter itself. Also if he is not even getting the animation(white whirly thing over the Hunters head), then it isn't even going off.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    You can't click it off.. All the buffs appear on the Hunter itself. Also if he is not even getting the animation(white whirly thing over the Hunters head), then it isn't even going off.
    You can, and we just tried 2 weeks ago. If MD target clicks off, buff still remains on hunter but will do nothing, until it expires, just like he states in original post. That's why I came up with this idea. Unless it's a glitch that somehow just happens to us.

I'm not saying you're wrong because I can't check in-game right now, but WOL does not track an aura for my misdirection or the misdirection of the other hunter in my guild appearing on a tank. It's possible it still applies a hidden buff that you can /cancelaura maybe?

Here's a thought. If you use the minor Glyph of Direction, your misdirect target gets bigger when you cast it. Presumably in order to do that it applies an aura to the target. Maybe if you are using that glyph but the other hunters in your raid are not, the misdirected person is getting an aura for ONLY your cast, which makes it possible for him to selectively remove your MD. That doesn't explain why he would be canceling your MD though in the first place though. Best guess for that is if the kiter is normally a non-tank player (someone you don't otherwise ever use misdirection on, explaining why it only happens on this fight), maybe they have a /cancelaura misdirection macro'd into their abilities somewhere in order to prevent them from being trolled or some other reason and they forgot to remove it.

This is all pretty fishy but it's the only explanation I can think of that ties everything together without it necessarily being a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Thursley View Post
    I'm not saying you're wrong because I can't check in-game right now, but WOL does not track an aura for my misdirection or the misdirection of the other hunter in my guild appearing on a tank. It's possible it still applies a hidden buff that you can /cancelaura maybe?

Here's a thought. If you use the minor Glyph of Direction, your misdirect target gets bigger when you cast it. Presumably in order to do that it applies an aura to the target. Maybe if you are using that glyph but the other hunters in your raid are not, the misdirected person is getting an aura for ONLY your cast, which makes it possible for him to selectively remove your MD. That doesn't explain why he would be canceling your MD though in the first place though. Best guess for that is if the kiter is normally a non-tank player (someone you don't otherwise ever use misdirection on, explaining why it only happens on this fight), maybe they have a /cancelaura misdirection macro'd into their abilities somewhere in order to prevent them from being trolled or some other reason and they forgot to remove it.

This is all pretty fishy but it's the only explanation I can think of that ties everything together without it necessarily being a bug.
    MD is a buff you get, once you start doing damage the tank is the one with the buff.

you can cancelaura MD as a tank and as a hunter.

the only "bug" is that bats have no agro table when they are really high in the air, wait until they are mid way to MD, if you do it too early you wont be mding nothing, if you do it too late a healer will probably die, wait for the right time and u can practice this in LFR, if your healers are poping healing CDs and your tank isnt paying attention im 100% sure they will pull off agro on the MD.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Perrito View Post
    the only "bug" is that bats have no agro table when they are really high in the air, wait until they are mid way to MD, if you do it too early you wont be mding nothing, if you do it too late a healer will probably die, wait for the right time and u can practice this in LFR, if your healers are poping healing CDs and your tank isnt paying attention im 100% sure they will pull off agro on the MD.
    This whole tier I've struggled with MD'ing the bats to our monk kiter. Most of the time it works fine. Others it fails. I've just assumed I screwed up somehow, or missed the barrage.

I've really grown to hate the fight. While 3 turtles are whirling around the ground, I have to turn my camera completely upward and check every corner for ~5 seconds. Then if they happen to spawn in a corner far away from me, I have to cross middle of the room, get hit by more turtles, and then hope the MD works before the bats eat a healer.