Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Pg. 239 CH.15 - But there were others {The old gods} waiting in growing expectations (for The Burning Legion to open the portal for Sargeras to enter Azeroth) . . .and once open (the portal) there would be no sealing it again

Pg. 252 CH.15 - They felt the nearness of their freedom quickly approaching. How ironic that it would be one who had once been one of the hated Titans who would prove the instrument of their release! It had taken the combined might of many Titans to ever force them into captivity; after their triumphant return, there would be little effort needed to eradicate this single, arrogant creature (Sargeras) and turn his warriors (the burning legion) to serving their cause.

Many Titans, few Old Gods, no effort needed to take care of Sargeras.
    Last edited by mmoc9618e0a613; 2013-08-22 at 04:35 PM.

Deleted
    I have said this previously and say it again, blizzard told that yshaarj is not really dead dead.

I have a feeling that y'shaarj is the true baddie in this expansion amirite?
    He is dead. (Source)
    How can Old Gods die if "They're outside the cycle"?
    "What is dead may never die?" (Source)

mmo-champion news page 5

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, and I don't wanna find out, not in World of Warcraft anyway, I don't think it'd do Sargeras justice being killed by 10-25 nobodies... we either save him for Warcraft 4 or something or we just never fight him(maybe we fight an avatar of his)... because anything else would be unrealistic... how do we even survive being close to him since he has a 1000 miles radius immolate ...we'd be dead before we even get close enough to see him...

And Sargeras doesn't corrup, he conquers. He doesn't whisper gay little words in your mind for 10.000 years to drive you mad ... he just fucking smashes your teeth in till u do what he says or die... + if he's anything like Archimonde he can fuckign grow as big as he wants increasing his physical strength...

also In comparison to Sargeras, Mannoroth and Archimonde were as fleas.[15] This could be a reference to either power or height. as shown on wowwiki.

So really I don't think we would stand any chance to even last 1 day against him if he is alone(which he never is since he can summon whole armies of demons and monsters)... People who haven't read shit about Sargeras or what he can do shoul keep to themselves really.

As for the Old gods, their only real strength is that they can corrupt shit over long periods of time... that doesn't really mean much when you face a foe that isn't really corruptible(because he's already bonkers) and that can wipe out the planet with a wave of his hand.

We really have no idea how strong the Old gods are physically or magically , maybe they're just big squids that can talk to people telepathically and only managed to kill a lesser titan like Freya or w/e...
    Last edited by Skorpionss; 2013-08-22 at 05:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ronyc View Post
    Pg. 239 CH.15 - But there were others {The old gods} waiting in growing expectations (for The Burning Legion to open the portal for Sargeras to enter Azeroth) . . .and once open (the portal) there would be no sealing it again

Pg. 252 CH.15 - They felt the nearness of their freedom quickly approaching. How ironic that it would be one who had once been one of the hated Titans who would prove the instrument of their release! It had taken the combined might of many Titans to ever force them into captivity; after their triumphant return, there would be little effort needed to eradicate this single, arrogant creature (Sargeras) and turn his warriors (the burning legion) to serving their cause.

Many Titans, few Old Gods, no effort needed to take care of Sargeras.
    What's your point? That is not canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    theres no evidence to show that the old gods on azeroth are old enough to have wisdom of the aeons.

Are you kidding me? Old gods are not old enough?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Insarius View Post
    To add to that, Krasus also said there are only 3 Old Gods on Azeroth, whilst we can count 4, one of them is dead though, and it's said in the WC3 manual that there's a total of 5.

EDIT: War of the Ancients trilogy reads that 3 of them are actively trying to escape their prison, which we know; Yogg, C'thun and N'zoth.

Y'shaarj is dead but the 5th Old God which we don't know about might not be.
    Quote Originally Posted by dirk123 View Post
    Seems only "killing" Y'sharaaj caused a negative development. Hence them sealing the remaining 4 "Big Bad Old Gods".
    C'thun -> Thought to be dead, AQ sealed during War of the Shifting Sands by the Dragons & Night Elves.
    Yogg-Soron -> Sealed in Ulduar
    N'Zoth -> Sealed near the Maelstrom/former Well of Eternity(?)
    Y'Sharaaj -> "Killed" & heart sealed.
    #5 = still unknown.
    N'zoth is not imprisoned. The Titans couldn't defeat him.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Where is N'Zoth? He was mentioned at Blizzcon, then was talked about in Dragon Soul. What is going on with him?!
    N'zoth is still lurking. The Titans couldn't defeat it... maybe someday we'll get our chance? Don't expect to hear anything about him in Pandaria, though! (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    So yeah, he is strong. And considering we have no source at all, aside from the very vague one i mentioned earlier, to have the faintest idea of how strong the Old Gods are, comparing the two is meaningless.
    We don't have any reliable source how strong Sargeras really is now, the last little bit we know about him is, that part of his soul travels through the twisting neither, after Medivh was slain. Thats it and this information is really, really extremely old. This happened in wacraft1. Who knows wacraft1 nowdays? Everything about Sargeras is damn old and outdated lore.

In an interview to Chris Metzen and Micky Neilson they said that "he's out there somewhere", that "you can't put him down" and "he's not going to stay down for long". At last Metzen said: I'd be very disappointed in us if we didn't leverage him fully
    https://twitter.com/ChrisMetzen/stat...11354357784576 - at least he is stronger than Aman'thul, his brother and leader of the Titan Pantheon.

Blizz will make sure he seems allpowerful when he returns, just for all the marketing alone, simply cause people expect it and there is no super accurate lore about his current powers, yet, just a bit of outdated info.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    https://twitter.com/ChrisMetzen/stat...11354357784576 - at least he is stronger than Aman'thul, his brother and leader of the Titan Pantheon.
    The tweets with "or" in them are more about which he personally likes more, not which is stronger:
    “@ChaosSmurf: @ChrisMetzen Kerrigan or Queen of Blades?” Sarah.
    “@_jcps: @ChrisMetzen Druid or paladin?” CLOSE. Love both. ...paladin.
    “@charonites: @ChrisMetzen Jaina Proudmoore or Lor'themar Theron in 5.2?” Lor'themar came out feeling cooler, but Jaina did some Rockin'.
    “@Bezlo: @ChrisMetzen Sauron or Darth Vader?” Vader ...but Sauron would kick his Sith ass...
    “@Lactarded: @ChrisMetzen cake or pie?” Cake!
    “@Jezi_Belle: @ChrisMetzen Saurfang or Hellscream (Sr)?” Love Saurfang, but GROM rules.............................................!
    “@RorSChk: @ChrisMetzen Day of Tentacle or Monkey Island?” Love both / but Monkey Island for my nickel...
    “@CEMOTucu: @ChrisMetzen Velen or Nobundo?” Nobundo!!! He has to work for it!!!
    “@DwightCouch: @ChrisMetzen Captain James t or Captain Jean Luke” Kirk.
    “@Valomir: @ChrisMetzen orc peon or alliance worker??” Peon. Work work

The ones specifically about which is stronger have "vs" in them:
    “@saintstryfe: @ChrisMetzen Ok, now the big one: Thrall v. Queen of Blades” Queen of Blades... But I don't like it!!!
    “@hitstreak: @ChrisMetzen Uther in his prime vs Arthas w/ Frostmourne?” Think Arthas still would have taken him. Frostmourne was no joke...
    “@Frozencry: @ChrisMetzen How about The Lich King vs Queen of Blades?” Queen. I think the Swarm would make short work of the Scourge.
    “@Corath: @ChrisMetzen Admiral Akbar vs Grand Moff Tarkin?” Ackbar!!!! Because Tarken can't repel firepower of that magnitude!!!!
    “@jhanan: @ChrisMetzen Optimus vs. Thrall?” Damn... That's like the Gordeon Knot of geek questions...

So when someone asks "Aman'thul or Sargeras?" and Metzen says Sargeras, it doesn't mean Sargeras is stronger. It means that Metzen likes Sargeras more than Aman'thul.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    N'zoth is not imprisoned. The Titans couldn't defeat him.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Where is N'Zoth? He was mentioned at Blizzcon, then was talked about in Dragon Soul. What is going on with him?!
    N'zoth is still lurking. The Titans couldn't defeat it... maybe someday we'll get our chance? Don't expect to hear anything about him in Pandaria, though! (Source)
    Yea he is, most likely chained beneath the Ocean in Ny'alotha. He is just really powerful, hence the amount of influence he has. But he is 100% chained, otherwise he would have already destroyed Azeroth.

EDIT: Saw your blue, still think when they say the Titans couldn't defeat him they mean in the sense like Y'Shaarj or even C'Thun. It would make zero sense for N'Zoth to corrupt all these beings to slowly destroy Azeroth if he can up and do it himself.
    Last edited by babo7000; 2013-08-22 at 06:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    Yea he is, most likely chained beneath the Ocean in Ny'alotha. He is just really powerful, hence the amount of influence he has. But he is 100% chained, otherwise he would have already destroyed Azeroth.

EDIT: Saw your blue, still think when they say the Titans couldn't defeat him they mean in the sense like Y'Shaarj or even C'Thun. It would make zero sense for N'Zoth to corrupt all these beings to slowly destroy Azeroth if he can up and do it himself.
    He might be too preoccupied with screwing up the Emerald Dream.

Pure speculation: Like if N'zoth completely destroys Azeroth, the Titans can just remake it with the Emerald Dream template. But if N'zoth screws up the Emerald Dream first, when the Titans use that to restore a busted Azeroth, N'zoth gets it remade how he wants.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-08-22 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    Sargeras is Lawful Evil
    Old Gods are Chaotic Evil

they don't play for the same team.
    The Titans are Lawful Good. Sargeras stands for the EXACT OPPOSITE of the Titans.

He believes that the Titans bringing Order to worlds is wrong and that everything should be as it was...chaotic. JUST LIKE the Old Gods who ensued chaos on Azeroth using the Elemental Lords in a bygone era.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    The Titans are Lawful Good. Sargeras stands for the EXACT OPPOSITE of the Titans.

He believes that the Titans bringing Order to worlds is wrong and that everything should be as it was...chaotic. JUST LIKE the Old Gods who ensued chaos on Azeroth using the Elemental Lords in a bygone era.
    The titans are lawful neutral, not lawful good.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    The tweets with "or" in them are more about which he personally likes more, not which is stronger:
    “@ChaosSmurf: @ChrisMetzen Kerrigan or Queen of Blades?” Sarah.
    “@_jcps: @ChrisMetzen Druid or paladin?” CLOSE. Love both. ...paladin.
    “@charonites: @ChrisMetzen Jaina Proudmoore or Lor'themar Theron in 5.2?” Lor'themar came out feeling cooler, but Jaina did some Rockin'.
    “@Bezlo: @ChrisMetzen Sauron or Darth Vader?” Vader ...but Sauron would kick his Sith ass...
    “@Lactarded: @ChrisMetzen cake or pie?” Cake!
    “@Jezi_Belle: @ChrisMetzen Saurfang or Hellscream (Sr)?” Love Saurfang, but GROM rules.............................................!
    “@RorSChk: @ChrisMetzen Day of Tentacle or Monkey Island?” Love both / but Monkey Island for my nickel...
    “@CEMOTucu: @ChrisMetzen Velen or Nobundo?” Nobundo!!! He has to work for it!!!
    “@DwightCouch: @ChrisMetzen Captain James t or Captain Jean Luke” Kirk.
    “@Valomir: @ChrisMetzen orc peon or alliance worker??” Peon. Work work

The ones specifically about which is stronger have "vs" in them:
    “@saintstryfe: @ChrisMetzen Ok, now the big one: Thrall v. Queen of Blades” Queen of Blades... But I don't like it!!!
    “@hitstreak: @ChrisMetzen Uther in his prime vs Arthas w/ Frostmourne?” Think Arthas still would have taken him. Frostmourne was no joke...
    “@Frozencry: @ChrisMetzen How about The Lich King vs Queen of Blades?” Queen. I think the Swarm would make short work of the Scourge.
    “@Corath: @ChrisMetzen Admiral Akbar vs Grand Moff Tarkin?” Ackbar!!!! Because Tarken can't repel firepower of that magnitude!!!!
    “@jhanan: @ChrisMetzen Optimus vs. Thrall?” Damn... That's like the Gordeon Knot of geek questions...

So when someone asks "Aman'thul or Sargeras?" and Metzen says Sargeras, it doesn't mean Sargeras is stronger. It means that Metzen likes Sargeras more than Aman'thul.
    Only makes sense Sargeras is way stronger than Aman'thul, i do not need twitter for this. Just think about it with a bit of logic. He will be probably the endboss of wow. He turned to a dark titan, created the burning legion. He developed. Aman'thul probably would be unchanged. We will see anyways. I am just afraid the Titan Pantheon will play no role or be destroyed by something probably Sargeras and the Legion or whatever, that would be bad. Would be fun to face real, untainted Titans.
    Cause what was Sargeras doing all the time after mehdiv's death? And KJ calls him self the rightful ruler of the Burning Legion in Sunwell. Either there is treachery at hand by his leutnant similar to what happend to the great 3 in diablo when they were cast out to sanctuary by the 4 lesser evils, or he was busy with destroying the Titan Pantheon. This really needs to be explained, after so many years of waiting.

Deleted
    What if old gods are the real good guys and titans evil? Old gods do say things that hint at that

10+ Year Old Account
    Only makes sense Sargeras is way stronger than Aman'thul, i do not need twitter for this. Just think about it with a bit of logic. He will be probably the endboss of wow. He turned to a dark titan, created the burning legion. He developed. Aman'thul probably would be unchanged. We will see anyways. I am just afraid the Titan Pantheon will play no role or be destroyed by something probably Sargeras and the Legion or whatever, that would be bad. Would be fun to face real, untainted Titans.
    Cause what was Sargeras doing all the time after mehdiv's death? And KJ calls him self the rightful ruler of the Burning Legion in Sunwell. Either there is treachery at hand by his leutnant similar to what happend to the great 3 in diablo when they were cast out to sanctuary by the 4 lesser evils, or he was busy with destroying the Titan Pantheon. This really needs to be explained, after so many years of waiting.
    Oh, I have no doubt that Sargeras is stronger than Aman'thul. Sargeras was their greatest warrior. He was stronger than Aman'thul even before he left the Pantheon. I'm just saying that Metzen's tweet doesn't necessarily say that.

Deleted
    Sargeras is not the most powerful titan.

Cause what was Sargeras doing all the time after mehdiv's death? And KJ calls him self the rightful ruler of the Burning Legion in Sunwell. Either there is treachery at hand by his leutnant similar to what happend to the great 3 in diablo when they were cast out to earth by the 4 lesser evils, or he was busy with destroying the Titan Pantheon. This really needs to be explained, after so many years of waiting.
    I remember a while back, someone posted on 4chan (reliable!) claiming to be Chris Metzen and went on to answer a lot of lore questions. Could easily have been fake, but the amount of detail and 'Metzen-talk' the guy used was huge. Anyways, one of the things he said was there was a civil war in the Burning Legion, between those loyal to Kil'Jaeden and those loyal to Sargeras. I like this. It makes the Legion have more depth and could really explain where Sargeras has been.

Speaking of which, we have no idea where he is. He was sent back to the Twisting Nether, and he has audio in game from the Wrathgate, so we know he is still alive. Perhaps he is weakened temporarily and Kil'Jaeden is taking every advantage of this. He seemed pretty damn cocky in Sunwell.

Lastly, the Universe in WoW, much like the irl one, is huge. The Pantheon are most likely doing there usual thing in some quadrant of the Universe, and haven't been alarmed of what is going on in Azeroth yet. Boring, but it explains where they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea some had earlier in this thread about Sargeras actually wiping out the pantheon and the other titans

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    nice sources you have there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    "the Pantheon elected its greatest warrior, Sargeras, to act as its first line of defense."