Page 1 of 3
LastLast

T.S.A. Expands Beyond Airport Security

TSA you know the annoying security people at the airports that check all your shit unconstitutionally well now they are spreading. people have been saying that the airports were only the beginning for years, but people would say no it wont spread. now they will be all over the place. here is the thing the TSA hasn't caught a single terrorist at all, yet they are expanding.

seems like im sacrificing so much of my liberties for this so called "security".

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/06/us...anted=all&_r=0
    HAKUNA MATATA... IT MEANS NO WORRIES FOR THE REST OF YOUR DAYS

15+ Year Old Account
    Reminds me of South Park. NSFW.

2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    Reminds me of South Park. NSFW.
    lol havent seen that episode of south park. good stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you mean unconstitutionally?

10+ Year Old Account
    The constitution doesn't protect American citizens any longer. If something is found unconstitutional, it won't stop it from going ahead. The spy program by the NSA was found to be unconstitional but it's still being built upon and used to this day. The TSA stuff can be seen as similar in goals as they both work to stop diss; er, terrorists.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/22/us...onal.html?_r=0
    Last edited by Theodon; 2013-08-23 at 02:24 AM.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    What do you mean unconstitutionally?
    no search warrant clear 4th amendment violation.
    right to privacy
    its clear that it is unconstitutional.

Quote Originally Posted by c2dholla619 View Post
    here is the thing the TSA hasn't caught a single terrorist at all, yet they are expanding.
    Well see, the absence of terrorists shows that the TSA is working perfectly! My rhino whistle has also been highly effective, I haven't seen a single rhino in my apartment.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodon View Post
    The constitution doesn't protect American citizens any longer. If something is found unconstitutional, it won't stop it from going ahead. The spy program by the NSA was found to be unconstitional but it's still being built upon and used to this day. The TSA stuff can be seen as similar in goals as they both work to stop diss; er, terrorists.
    yup and thats the problem. but its the people fault because they have this unrealistic fear of terrorism so they allow any shit the govt does. people are also afraid of the govt so they cower down and keep their mouth shut. "WE THE PEOPLE" need to let the govt know that this shit aint gonna slide no more

10+ Year Old Account
    no search warrant clear 4th amendment violation.
    right to privacy
    its clear that it is unconstitutional.
    You do not have a right to privacy in a public location, such as airports, bus stops and train stations.
    They have never needed a warrant to search your bags. EVER.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

They are useless and so aren't the people they hire. I worked at the airport for years and I can tell you all they do is hang around and pick their nose's .

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    You do not have a right to privacy in a public location, such as airports, bus stops and train stations.
    TSA is part of the govt, airports are not. govt agencies must follow the constitution as law and tsa clearly doesnt.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to work at a job where I can act with virtual impunity, and answer to no one.

Isn't anyone else noticing that the only folks other then DHS/TSA who are happy with this are the law enforcement groups who are getting 'free' help?

Yeah, we really need to be replacing our local cops with federal ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

except they are supposed to need a warrant to search anything you aren't leaving publicly viewable. things inside your bag should require a warrant or immediate probable cause to search. cops aren't supposed to be allowed to just search you.

the government doing it is a completely different scenario when the airport itself requiring it to allow you to fly on their planes.

10+ Year Old Account
    TSA is part of the govt, airports are not. govt agencies must follow the constitution as law and tsa clearly doesnt.
    You have no reasonable expectation of privacy in a public location. The Constitutional right to protected privacy only applies to areas where you have a reasonable expectation of privacy. Hence: the Constitution does NOT apply to airports.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    the government doing it is a completely different scenario when the airport itself requiring it to allow you to fly on their planes.
    Isn't that a nice loophole? Private companies are under no obligation to protect your rights, so they can require you to submit to a search all they want.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    They probably derive this authority using their power to regulate interstate commerce.

You have no reasonable expectation of privacy in a public location. The Constitutional right to protected privacy only applies to areas where you have a reasonable expectation of privacy. Hence: the Constitution does NOT apply to airports.
    wrong, the constitution still protects you from being randomly searched, being in public does not void that. the only thing being in public voids is what you willingly show or have in the open.

- - - Updated - - -

Isn't that a nice loophole? Private companies are under no obligation to protect your rights, so they can require you to submit to a search all they want.
    it isn't a loophole, its a private business, and like every private business, they can throw you out for failure to follow safety procedures.

You have no reasonable expectation of privacy in a public location.
    Well, that's what we've settled on anyway. It's sure not what a plain text reading would imply though. There's nothing that would arouse reasonable suspicion simply because someone's flying, yet here we are, having succumbed to spectacular paranoia and implemented incoherent search rules.

TSA you know the annoying security people at the airports that check all your shit unconstitutionally well now they are spreading. people have been saying that the airports were only the beginning for years, but people would say no it wont spread. now they will be all over the place. here is the thing the TSA hasn't caught a single terrorist at all, yet they are expanding.

seems like im sacrificing so much of my liberties for this so called "security".

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/06/us...anted=all&_r=0
    This isn't really new. I remember them spreading to public transit (busses, trains) in some cities a year or two back.

As for "unconstitutional," well, like others have said, there is no such thing any more. The Feds do what they want. If it's '"unconstitutional" than they judge shop until one agree's with them, or simply change the laws, or have the SCOTUS change the law for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Twotonsteak View Post
    This isn't really new. I remember them spreading to public transit (busses, trains) in some cities a year or two back.
    Yeah, I've seen fun little groups of DC Metro police, TSA, and NIH cops standing around the Medical Center metro in Bethesda from time to time. I shudder to think at the waste of money that is a dozen people standing around doing absolutely nothing of use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    wrong, the constitution still protects you from being randomly searched, being in public does not void that. the only thing being in public voids is what you willingly show or have in the open.
    If you want to voluntarily fly on a private companies airplane, you are required to consent to a search. If you choose not to get searched, you can simply choose not to fly.
    I'm not crazy about the ramped up security..but I also don't have to fly if i'm that against it.