DPS or Healing Legendary meta for Disc.

Hey all,

Was just wondering what would be better for atonement spam, I only really do LFR on my priest so most of the time if not all is just atonement spam.
    Would the dps legendary meta be better than the clearcasting one or did they change it so non-dps specs hardly have it proc?

Thanks
    3DS Friend Code: 2165 - 5428 - 1895

stick to the healing meta gem as the haste proc will be mostly wasted anyway as disc already has low cast times, or if you have 2 helms you can switch depending on what you want, overall it will grant a lil more dps though.

Haste isn't great for disc - you're better off using the healer meta and taking advantage of the mana savings to reforge some spirit => crit, or use throughput trinkets if you're not already.

Yeah both trinkets I have are regen, thanks for the replies will pick the healing meta up next week when I get my final secret .
    3DS Friend Code: 2165 - 5428 - 1895

Deleted
    I am using dps meta with 5000 haste, so I am at 50% haste when it procs. I didn't notice any significiant difference in procs rate between shadow and disc, so for me with atonement spam this meta is a winner. Once u start weaving more shields use manasaving meta as performing 3 instant casts during procs saves a lot of mana, but performing 2 smites doesnt really give u that much mana.

Haste has a really, really weak scale factor for Disc when you're DPSing.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Haste has a really, really weak scale factor for Disc when you're DPSing.
    It's still better then extra mana he won't use because he's only doing lfr.

Quote Originally Posted by hikamiro View Post
    That's like saying he needn't bother getting good gear because he only does LFR. Ultimately I think the healer gem will work out better since it lets him drop shields (which are normally fairly expensive) free of charge, and still get the benefit of Rapture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Quote Originally Posted by hikamiro View Post
    I just simmed my little Priest and the scale factor is 0.09. I guess that's not literally useless, but on the off chance that he ever has to stop Atonement spamming and carry the crap out of a bad healing group, wouldn't it be better to have some free shields?

I havent tried the dps one tbh but I love the proc on the healing one, and it procs a lot.
    I mean free shields and chance to use 90 talent for free
    I raid HCs tho.