Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    Yeah, he has nothing lined up at moment.
    I heard a whisper he got snapped up by EQ Next, I hope it's true as they got one heck of a CM now

Still doesn't mean i'll be jumping ship though, cartoon MMO's and playing 'furries' don't interest me at all

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    I heard a whisper he got snapped up by EQ Next, I hope it's true as they got one heck of a CM now

Still doesn't mean i'll be jumping ship though, cartoon MMO's and playing 'furries' don't interest me at all
    I actually looked at EverQuest II the other day. I must say that although the game showed it's age, I was impressed with it (to a small degree). I will definitely be looking at EverQuest Next.

Elrar,

You always seemed so genuinely enthusiastic for all things Rift, including your interactions with the playerbase. As an outsider looking in, I can only say you did a phenomenal job for Trion and I'm really sad to see you go. Here's hoping something better comes along for you soon.

Absolute best of luck to you

/salute

Some more information that I think is relevant to all of this and was related to something I posted on the Defiance forums in a thread concerning attendance at PAX:http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...weekend!/page5

http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/b/446758879

Scott's talk starts at roughly 1:26 n change.

The key point of contention starts at around 1:33:55(ish):

Originally Posted by Scott Hartsman
    (Reading from the chatroll's questions/comments) Heard PAX is out as well... uh... excellent question. So right now and we can blame me for this, for the mean while... um... the idea is I kinda want to take stock of... (clears throat) excuse me.... uh.. I wanna kind of take stock of how much money we're spending on everything; and the idea being, while we all love PAX, PAX is basically one of my favorite things in the universe... yes I watched Breaking Bad... um... and at the same time as we've seen cuts and budgets and other exciting stuff like that, the general strategy has been always cut stuff not people where ever there's a choice like that (((Note: this was just after Elrar was cut from the Rift Community Team and hence why he wasnt on the Rift portion of the Stream))) and paying to go to PAX would be "Stuff"... so that's one of the things we're just kind of pausing. I would love to go back next year.

To make matters worse with this, in the thread, the director of community(who was Elrar's direct supervisor) states that Hartsman knew that they were going to attend PAX prior to his making that statement.
    Last edited by Sanguinesun; 2013-08-27 at 04:25 AM.