Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    ps - beholders are so fuckin' adorable

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Durumu even has like... a spot on his head that would be perfect for people to sit in.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I liked Throne, despite it's clear lack of zombies, elevators, and bonestorms.

Oy, that would be hilarious.
    BWD Nefarian, kind of...

/hate

Er... it was great?

Linear? Shrug. Wings make no difference really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Not for the whole place to look like a electrified sewer

Seriously the place is not just appealing to the eye and i expected we would be fighting in a palace of epic opulance and luxury not fighting in his sewers!

but still a cool raid though

Electric conduit lining various edges of the instance that zap you and make you screen go fuzzy for a while if you touch them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, where is my Doom Snail™ mount?

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    Elevator Boss
    Onyxia
    Zombie Dragons

Nuff said.

Deleted
    A giant snail of death boss

It starts out slow but keeps getting faster and faster, starting at walk speed slowly moving on to normal run speed and then moving on tho fast mount speed. Not in steps ofcourse but accelerating constantly. And every 15 seconds is charges a random player.

Quote Originally Posted by CHNurf View Post
    Like Karazhan! That place took you from the stables, through the dining hall, to the sleeping rooms and the harlem, through the theater, the library, the giant chess-room and all the way to the top of the tower. Yes. Karazhan was well designed.
    Kara had utterly skippable bosses. Stable included, I think (we skipped Illhoof a ton, as well as the dragon, not clear on why we assaulted Shade of Aran constantly but it made for fond memories and an OxHorn song). Moroes, Theater, the big kinda-robot guy and Chess are required. You COULD work your way through the entire thing if you want all of the drops, but that's how raids work. Perhaps I'm mis-remembering on Stables ... but I know Illhoof and the dragon were both "Meh," while Kara was current.

The only boss you might be able to skip in ToT is Meg but I have the impression that's not an option (nevermind Meg's got BIS for the clothie DPS and a shitty drop rate). Four wings, and absolutely no option other than saved lockouts and LFR to customize your ToT experience. I've actually enjoyed ToT quite a lot, but that there's only a single path to the end - through ALL of the bosses - was a huge disappointment.
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chirri View Post
    Kara had utterly skippable bosses. Stable included, I think (we skipped Illhoof a ton, as well as the dragon, not clear on why we assaulted Shade of Aran constantly but it made for fond memories and an OxHorn song). Moroes, Theater, the big kinda-robot guy and Chess are required. You COULD work your way through the entire thing if you want all of the drops, but that's how raids work. Perhaps I'm mis-remembering on Stables ... but I know Illhoof and the dragon were both "Meh," while Kara was current.
    I am pretty sure you couldn't skip Aran; a door would be locked somewhere if you tried.

You could skip Netherspite and Illhoof and the animal boss, which I don't think we ever did because the loot was random. Oh, and Nightbane.

Anyway, back on topic...

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Being less linear makes a huge difference, I hope they now know this. Even if all you end up doing is following a guide on what boss is the next easiest, so you do the same boss order each week anyway, is what happened in previous raids in the guilds I was in. But just that choice being available makes a difference in everyone's minds.

- - - Updated - - -

I am pretty sure you couldn't skip Aran; a door would be locked somewhere if you tried.

You could skip Netherspite and Illhoof and the animal boss, which I don't think we ever did because the loot was random. Oh, and Nightbane.

Anyway, back on topic...
    You couldn't skip Aran, Karazhan had optional bosses.

Also, where is my Doom Snail™ mount?
    THIS!

In all fairness, we needed moar saints row 4 seriousness. I mean, if you can have snails of death, then certainly also a part where you walk around in a 50's sweather because youre in Lei Shen's personal playground?
    Lilaith, resident flamer for Winterfall, holy moderator in Hammer of Wrath.
    Discord: Lilaith#9028
    Bnet: Lilaith#2476

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Being less linear makes a huge difference, I hope they now know this. Even if all you end up doing is following a guide on what boss is the next easiest, so you do the same boss order each week anyway, is what happened in previous raids in the guilds I was in. But just that choice being available makes a difference in everyone's minds.

- - - Updated - - -

You couldn't skip Aran, Karazhan had optional bosses.
    100% sure you could skip aran straight from the start. The reason to kill him was a good loot table (better than illhoof and netherspites), including one of the best enchants, and it made corpse runs shorter.

The only non-optional Kara bosses:
    Moroes
    Opera
    Curator
    Chess (soloable boss ftw!)
    after killing those you could do any other boss in any order you felt like.

And yeh, the fact that ToT had 0 skippable bosses was something that lowered enjoyment somewhat. Why not allow use of a side entrance to skip straight to Iron Qon or something after killing council? Would have been great to skip straight to the later bosses and then kill earlier bosses later in the week. The best raids imho are Ulduar, Kara and ICC. and they ALL had a winged / skippable boss structure to them. This meant you could choose which boss to progress on this week etc a LOT easier.
    Last edited by Calaba; 2013-08-23 at 05:28 PM.

prettier female mogus with big boobiees

atleast it was alot better than dragon soul

10+ Year Old Account
    Not even death snails can make up for the lack of an elevator boss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

ToT was one of the best raids in the game so far, but if I think of something that would improve it even further, it would be:
    - Less linearity