"The Horde be a family"

With its angry green guys
    Jamaican tribal guys
    Native american bull guys
    Dead guys
    Pretty guys
    Little mafia guys
    Hot-headed pandas

But its still a family, and as long as its a Warchief that everyone can rally behind, thats fine

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gamon it is

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Yeah, no, Blood Elves and Forsaken can suck it up, it's not like they have much weight to throw around to begin with. The core of this game is Orcs vs. Humans, if you can't come to terms with that, then please, quit WoW, find a different game, and stop shitting up the forums. Doomhammer and Thrall were overall good Warchiefs, Garrosh had his good moments, as well, sure overall Garrosh and Blackhand sucked, but even that isn't as bad as the Banshee Queen, Lor'themar, or Baine becoming Warchief. Just because it's different, doesn't make it better.
    I see you're an Orc fanboy, so no matter what anyone else says, you're still going to see it your own way. It's because of people like you why other races besides Orcs & Humans get such shitty development. World of Warcraft has evolved. It is not World of Orcs vs Humans.

As for how much weight Forsaken and Blood Elves have. They have the Plague and the Sunwell, so yeah...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shefu View Post
    I see you're an Orc fanboy, so no matter what anyone else says, you're still going to see it your own way. It's because of people like you why other races besides Orcs & Humans get such shitty development. World of Warcraft has evolved. It is not World of Orcs vs Humans.

As for how much weight Forsaken and Blood Elves have. They have the Plague and the Sunwell, so yeah...
    Actually, regardless of personal preference, I do like to see other races recieve development. Also not being Warchief =/= Shitty development. Warcraft might have evolved, but at it's very core, it is Orcs vs. Humans, Blizzard themselves, have even admitted it, it's time you come to terms with it.

The Forsaken also have the Crusade breathing down their necks, and the Blood Elves, well let's see, they got decimated by the scourge, some more scourge, a Civil war, didn't want to go to Northrend, considered joining the Alliance etc. They're leeches at this point.

Vol'jin is the most likely candidate then of course there's Baine, Lor'themar, Thrall and Saurfang. And they did say it would be someone we wouldn't expect. Then again they said that a while ago back when we had no clue of who it would be. I personally would have the Banshee Queen if she didn't started acting like the Lich King. I think Vol'jin would win the title though, he's the most promising

10+ Year Old Account
    Baine Bloodhoof as leader of the Horde? Hah, the kid couldn't even handle the Grimtotem properly, plus he wants to "make his dad proud" more than our current Warchief.
    Amen.

I understand how you feel, but the Orcs should get a Warchief that can be their faction leader, and the Horde can get a new Leader of any race. This is not the same Horde with Orcs, Trolls and Tauren. There's 4 other races now part of the Horde. They can't all dance to the same old Orc music.

Most of the leaders that ORCS had, have fucked up everything. Even Thrall, the greatest leader they had, messed up by appointing Garrosh as Warchief. It is time for a different race to LEAD the HORDE. It's that simple, if you can't understand that, then oh well...
    Regarding the "orc leaders fucked up everything": Trolls and taurens were near death and got rescued by the orcs and joined the Horde. The Blood Elves were practically unprotected and almost joined with the Alliance, and if you consider Lor'themar was obligated to lead his people, they were almost leaderless. The Forsaken were HUNTED by humans, and after Wrathgate every human wants a Forsaken head on a pike. Goblins were homeless and lead by a mad trade-prince.

So from my understanding most non-Orc leaders within the Horde, at some point in the lore, were REALLY near death or even near their race extinction (Tauren x Centaur).

What I'm trying to say is the idea of Orc leaders fuckin up shit is outrageous. If it wasn't for a certain orc leader (Thrall), we wouldn't have the Horde. We would have extinct taurens, Darkspears joining the Zandalari (or else), Blood Elves on the Alliance (improbable tho, pretty sure they'd join Sylvanas), MORE genocidal Forsaken (without any control, they'd be either extinct or gone apeshit) and no Bilgewater Cartel goblins. I'm not saying Thrall is awesome and did all this shit, what I'm saying is all the racial leaders were practically CREATED by an orc leader, in this case Thrall.

Most Orcs fucked up everything? Seriously! Doomhammer led his people to glory over Stormwind, Thrall reunited his people and created the Horde we have today. Even Garrosh and Blackhand, with their sick mind and lust for power, made the Horde a WAR-MACHINE. Mistakes are normal, but saying we need to Race-Change our faction leader because some of them made mistakes (which ALL LEADERS ON THE GAME did) is pretty pointless.

It's that simple: The HORDE is lead by WARCHIEFS. An Warchief is an ORC. If we come to the point where Vol'jin leads the Horde, I'll faction change. lol
    "Ah... you have learned much... and learned well... an honorable battle.
    In the end, I stood by the warchief, because it was my duty, and I am glad that it was you who struck me down.
    May your strength... lead the horde... into a new era of prosperity..."

-General Nazgrim

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sure this has been said already, but here comes the table flipping cinematic where Varian becomes the temporary ruler of both the Alliance and the Horde. This is the only explanation of why Alliance would just hand Org back without a fuss.

- Varian is new Jesus
    - Varian gets martyred next expansion
    - Reignites war between horde and alliance
    - Jaina goes full retard while Anduin disappears to meditate somewhere.
    - Jaina gets killed at the end of next expansion
    - Rugged and grown up Anduin repeats the sins of his father and returns with a feral vengeance after his time in the world, coupled with being persuaded by Wrathion who becomes Onyxia 2.0 (in terms of manipulation)
    - War is brought back to Azeroth
    - Then comes the Legion + Black Dragonflight who see them as the ultimate power
    - We kill everything, make peace with our factions.

Roll Credits
    BAD WOLF

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    For whoever is to be Warchief, hopefully he wont be a disappointment to everyone. At least we don't have to wait and see who it might be in another patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand how you feel, but the Orcs should get a Warchief that can be their faction leader, and the Horde can get a new Leader of any race. This is not the same Horde with Orcs, Trolls and Tauren. There's 4 other races now part of the Horde. They can't all dance to the same old Orc music.

Most of the leaders that ORCS had, have fucked up everything. Even Thrall, the greatest leader they had, messed up by appointing Garrosh as Warchief. It is time for a different race to LEAD the HORDE. It's that simple, if you can't understand that, then oh well...
    what a load of rubbish, given how the blood elves long standing Prince and ruler became a puppet for the legion, blood elves are on no grounds to be accounted for not fu*king up.
    #boycottchina

The Forsaken also have the Crusade breathing down their necks, and the Blood Elves, well let's see, they got decimated by the scourge, some more scourge, a Civil war, didn't want to go to Northrend, considered joining the Alliance etc. They're leeches at this point.
    I wouldn't use that logic, it is rather pointless, otherwise the orcs would have been extinct years ago, since they have lost so many of their people in recent years that only young and a few old are left, with most of the young dying for garrosh, the orcs should be extremely close to the brink of extinction by now, but alas it won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    what a load of rubbish, given how the blood elves long standing Prince and ruler became a puppet for the legion, blood elves are on no grounds to be accounted for not fu*king up.
    Who said they didn't but they cleaned that mess up almost on their own, they rose against Kael and killed him with the Draenei,while most orcs follow Garrosh quite willingly.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2013-08-23 at 06:15 PM.

Deleted
    Fist pumping moment for the Alliance: Varian says who's gonna be the Warchief.

Deleted
    Maybe we won't get a new warchief until the next pre-expansion patch, and we get some sort of counsil (like the dwarves have) made of every horde faction leader. A fun idea that just came to mind. If they decide to make ogres a playable race next expansion maybe something like this will happen: Horde is weak without a proper leader, the Stonemaul Ogres rebel (for whatever reason) against them. Rexxar hears of the ogre rebellion (somehow) and comes back to keep the ogres in check, and BOOM they can place Rex as the official faction leader for the ogres. Perhaps even Warchief.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by savutitus View Post
    Maybe we won't get a new warchief until the next pre-expansion patch, and we get some sort of counsil (like the dwarves have) made of every horde faction leader. A fun idea that just came to mind. If they decide to make ogres a playable race next expansion maybe something like this will happen: Horde is weak without a proper leader, the Stonemaul Ogres rebel (for whatever reason) against them. Rexxar hears of the ogre rebellion (somehow) and comes back to keep the ogres in check, and BOOM they can place Rex as the official faction leader for the ogres. Perhaps even Warchief.
    Tho they have already said in an interview that they will announce the next warcheif in the cinematic itself that is played right after you do the last stab at Garrosh

15+ Year Old Account
    The cinematic is already in-game on PTR. It's just encrypted and the Garrosh encounter is not accessible and almost certainly won't be tested further on the PTR.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

oh look, its trassk the lord of toolery! back with his usual "I'm right and everyone else is so wrong they should shoot themselves" attitude

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    The cinematic is already in-game on PTR. It's just encrypted and the Garrosh encounter is not accessible and almost certainly won't be tested further on the PTR.
    So, the betting game is about to start!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post

Who said they didn't but they cleaned that mess up almost on their own, they rose against Kael and killed him with the Draenei,while most orcs follow Garrosh quite willingly.
    oh my god. You can't even see it can you?

The blood elves that willingly followed Kael'thas are in the same school as the orcs that now willingly follow Garrosh. The blood elves have nothing to suggest they know better about leading or not screwing up anymore then orcs are.

And given how the blood elves were considering going back to the alliance, who in the right mind wants a blood elves leader whos loyalties would extend to the hordes rival faction on a whim? No.. thats just beyond ridiculous.
    #boycottchina

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

And a near total disinterst in the Horde. That alone would make them poor candidates. The lack of trust and respect other have for Sylvanas makes her completely unsuited; at least LT could be trusted - IF you could persuade him working for the Horde is the best thing for his people. But that "best interest" excuse only lasts so long. Waht you wnat si soemone who has the best interests of the Horde (as a whole) in mind. Someone respected by all, yet willing to stand up to them if and when necessary.

Vol'jin - "used" to be suitable. But he raised rebellion against the Warchief despite his oath. Yeah - its a pity they brought it in, yeah it was "cool" at the time but there it is. Others may have followed...but HE led. I personally don't think he came out of 5.3 that well. But that's just me. Overall, however - I think he si the front runner with his major flaw bieng the relative size of his Tribe. As a rising star, however - maybe he can get one of the BIG Troll tribes/nations to back him.

Gallywix? Totally unsuited. He'd sell the Horde. No interest whatsoever.

Ji? Yeah....a non-entitiy.

Baine? Young and inexperienced. He also appears to be respected, is liked by the Alliance and has Cairnes legacy as co-ruler of the Horde to back him up. He'd be suitable but he'd need advisors and as with Vol'jin it partially would depend on how the Orcs see him for violating the Oath.

That leaves the Orcs racial leader as a candidate. Saurfang and Thrall would both seem to be good choices.

Other candidates? Rexxar. Untouched by the Civil War, yet respected by both sides. A potential.
    A Council? Unlikely given issues with the Forsaken and so on.
    Doing away with the Warchief? Downgrading it to a merely military title akin to the Alliances Supreme Commander? Again an idea.
    An Orcs who fought for Garrosh - out of honor? Nazgrim would have been a good choice under this criteria.

So...Vol'jin. Baine. Rexxar. Saurfang. Thrall. Anyone else?

Personally - what I'd like to see the next Xpac focus on is rebinding the Horde together. To actually unify them. They've had three civil wars in three years. Not good. That's also not counting in the BElfs against Kael, nor the various splits in the Orcish Horde.

Right now, the Horde doesn't seem able to provide the protection the Forsaken want and need against the Alliance. Gallywix doesn't care so long as he gets paid...but as long as he is with the Horde, he's esentially locked out of the Alliance markets. LT will have to decide whether staying in a dsinitegrating Horde is inded best for his people. Ji came to the horde to help out - and found that he wasn't treated that well and the Horde essentially stood for everything he opposed. And since many of the Orcs sided with Garrosh, there is going to be a certain element of distruct against one of the Hordes more powerful members.

Of copusre, all this is based on the characters right now. If Blizzard wanted Varian to be Warchief, that'd be the case.

EJL
    Last edited by Talen; 2013-08-23 at 07:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rasako View Post
    oh look, its trassk the lord of toolery! back with his usual "I'm right and everyone else is so wrong they should shoot themselves" attitude
    oh hey random guy who either is new or another account of pre existing poster used to make stabs.
    #boycottchina

15+ Year Old Account
    oh hey random guy who either is new or another account of pre existing poster used to make stabs.
    He's not wrong though.