Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitain View Post
    I'm getting close to finishing my new mage UI:

The main bit of sparklies around the big thing between player and target frames is dedicated to the bombs. I think the bombs adds a lot of aesthetic flavour to your talents so it's nice to have them really visible. The small circles above that are other UI stuff (for fire it's heating up and pyro!, and for arcane it's missiles stacks, etc). And ofc on the arcane the big number is arcane stacks. Talents screen is just a version of my resto druid's UI setup.
    Looks fantastic! Only thing I don't personally care for is the minimap, (though I just don't like having them centered up top like that).

Plan on uploading?

I will burn your soul.

First one is me idling. Nothing going on.
    The second one is me targeting myself. My self buffs are top right corner. I have my target's buffs/debuffs directly above above my Target of Target frame.

Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2013-08-23 at 09:29 AM.

Sure this has been uploaded before, but I use:

Addons:

LUI
    Postal
    Chatter
    Battleground Targets
    Gladius
    Interrupt Bar
    RSA
    Tidy Plates
    Mik's Scrolling Battle Text

Thanks guys :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Wazooty View Post
    I like what you got there. Curious what it looks like OOC?
    Out of combat:

Plan is to release it in an unsupported sort of way, mainly for other UI guys to dig around in the files if they want to.

Deleted
    AWESOME UI
    Wow, that lookse awesome! Well done.

If NamePlates are a problem (overlaying the map/buffs) you can try to set your top frame strata to "FULLSCREEN".

I hate the chat placement though. I would park those in the bottom edges anytime. In a UI like that I probably would use a threatmeter/scrolling combat text there. Or some more weakaura stuff. The most crucial spot in your UI should not be poluted by spam.
    Last edited by mmoc48efa32b91; 2013-08-23 at 08:32 AM.

I'm getting close to finishing my new mage UI:
    Awesome! so clean and nice, sent u a pm.

could one of you lua guru's help explain to me what is wrong in this code that is causing it to not abbreviate names like it's supposed to?

local abbr = Name(unit)
    if abbr:len() > 20 and abbr:find(" ") then
    abbr = abbr:gsub("([^ ]+) +",
    function(text)
    return text:sub(1,1) .. ". "
    end)
    end
    return "%s", abbr;

Quote Originally Posted by Ateista View Post
    could one of you lua guru's help explain to me what is wrong in this code that is causing it to not abbreviate names like it's supposed to?

local abbr = Name(unit)
    if abbr:len() > 20 and abbr:find(" ") then
    abbr = abbr:gsub("([^ ]+) +",
    function(text)
    return text:sub(1,1) .. ". "
    end)
    end
    return "%s", abbr;
    Might have better luck in this thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    Wow, that lookse awesome! Well done.

If NamePlates are a problem (overlaying the map/buffs) you can try to set your top frame strata to "FULLSCREEN".

I hate the chat placement though. I would park those in the bottom edges anytime. In a UI like that I probably would use a threatmeter/scrolling combat text there. Or some more weakaura stuff. The most crucial spot in your UI should not be poluted by spam.
    I'm with Zorky. I actually like the UI even though it's not my cup of tea. But the chat placement is really just useless and takes up space that is rather important. Having clean screen edges on the bottom part of the screen really isn't useful.

Thanks guys :-)

Out of combat:

Plan is to release it in an unsupported sort of way, mainly for other UI guys to dig around in the files if they want to.
    Looks fantastic, but I'm curious; how did you make those health orbs above the bars?
    dicks

i love the way you display the talent frame, care to share how you managed to do this?

Thanks for all the nice comments guys and also the constructive feedback :-)

Good spot! Will do.

I definitely see your point, and I kind of agree. For me it's not such an issue as the way I play I'm so used to having so little UI that for this interface I was actually searching around for things to fill the space up a bit, just to give it a different look :-) I think what it comes down to is that I make UIs for myself only, so the usability only really matches 1 player. I share them just for interest.

I plan to use a lot subtle brief sound alerts with this UI. It works so insanely well in arena with that GladiatorlosSA addon that I want to try do a similar thing with rotational things for PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by Kneepel View Post
    Looks fantastic, but I'm curious; how did you make those health orbs above the bars?
    The idea was from RealUI, and Evn made some code for me a while back.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-aura-movement
    Thanks again for that Evn :-)

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceDuck View Post
    i love the way you display the talent frame, care to share how you managed to do this?
    The method is mostly outlined in this thread. To summarise, you make a macro that simulates a click on the talent panel button, and also sends a custom event trigger to weak auras. You then make a bunch of auras that switch on and off when they receive that event. Finally, key bind the macro to the key that you normally use to toggle the talents window.

The taint issue that gets left unresolved at the end of that thread was fixed later by my guild mate by just altering the trigger macro slightly to be:
    Code:
    /click TalentMicroButton
    /run PlayerTalentFrame:SetPoint("TOPLEFT",635, -395)
    /run WeakAuras.ScanEvents("EVN_O")
    Last edited by Kaitain; 2013-08-24 at 04:57 PM.

Deleted
    Actually your idea on the talent frame popup is awesome. Creating a player model rotated on the bottom right and the cinematic black background. I really digg that.

@Kaitain, your UI's are really inspiring. I was wondering if you had previously explained how you handle your Unit Frames? For example, I can make weak auras for player frames that simulate health and power gains/losses, but how do I make those weak auras interactive so that I can right click them and get the interaction drop down?

Quote Originally Posted by Uglytoes View Post
    @Kaitain, your UI's are really inspiring. I was wondering if you had previously explained how you handle your Unit Frames? For example, I can make weak auras for player frames that simulate health and power gains/losses, but how do I make those weak auras interactive so that I can right click them and get the interaction drop down?
    That's one of the reasons why I always use Stuf Unit Frames along with WeakAuras. I only use WeakAuras to do things that Stuf can't. Which isn't much (Stuf is so damn cool) but it's a few funky things.
    Last edited by Kaitain; 2013-08-24 at 06:07 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Some people are very good at being able to bind skills to keys, such that they do not need a visual button to click.
    Some such as mounts, professions, portals/teleports etc do not need timers or cooldowns displayed.
    Abilities without a cooldown, spammable fillers etc also have no need for a cooldown display.

Addons such as Opie allow a "clickable" interface sort of for groups of buttons, so taking stuff off the action bars and hidden from view until you want it.
    Also there can be action bars visible only on mouseover, typically on one side of the screen.
    I have all my skills keybinded, still I need to see everything. I cannot possibly even memorize all of them.

I dont believe any of you really memorize all binds in a way that you dont need to see action bar. Yet many people have only part of their skills visible during raid. I suspect they are not that good players to begin with. Instead people I know are good, have all their skills visible in user interface.
    Last edited by mmoc090a203492; 2013-08-24 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    it's good regardless. i figured it out.. my problem was my variable >20 was set to high. i just set it down to 10 and works fine now.

it was a complete hurp moment for myself, because i can figure this crap out on my own, so i have not the slightest idea why i even asked. guessing between work, and school, i've been a little exausted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    I have all my skills keybinded, still I need to see everything. I cannot possibly even memorize all of them.

I dont believe any of you really memorize all binds in a way that you dont need to see action bar. Yet many people have only part of their skills visible during raid. I suspect they are not that good players to begin with. Instead people I know are good, have all their skills visible in user interface.
    I disagree. I personally don't have any "actionbars" visible. Since I can infact remember every single keybind, and not only when I'm playing.
    However, there are several ways to display cooldowns of certain spells, allowing me to not have the actual actionbar visible at all times, but only when that spell itself is on CD, or has come off-of it's CD = reminding me to use it.
    This allows me to have more clean areas on my screen,rather than having spells show that I have no use for at that time.

Ones UI rarely has anything to do with skill, it's a personal preference. Unless it's a sh*t UI that makes you perform worse ^^
    Last edited by Crummy; 2013-08-24 at 06:58 PM.

Deleted
    Here's my UI on my monk.

Click to enlarge

Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post

Actually it's called muscle memory, and you can in fact, remember them all if you have played that character enough. I have 24 key bound, non-visible spells and 10 unbound, visible keys. As well as multiple bars that are visible only when I scroll over them. (Such as my menu bar) Visible keys that I already have memorized are a distraction from what I really need to be paying attention and more hindrance than help.

http://i.imgur.com/vHKZ4WM.jpg

What allows good players to hide keys that they do have memorized, to stay on track as far as cd's and rotation, are separate addons like weak auras. Saying that a player is probably not good because they play differently than you is pretty ignorant, and you would probably fair better with an open mind rather than an open mouth.