Page 79 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Patch Notes for v0.7.1694p1

Stability and Scalability
    Big improvements to the back end that will improve response times when accessing inventory, Battleframe Garage, Molecular Printer, etc. With these improvements we should see more stability to character services, logins, etc.
    UI
    Fixed a bug with the keybinding sections that would disappear if the modifier key was disabled.The reply keybinding will now work correctly in languages other than English.Updated Progress Bar Art in Achievement UI.Fixed an issue where Battleframe visuals would appear to revert to pre-paint shop settings when navigating back to the progression and loadout screen.Fixed an issue where players could not make loadout changes until you reload the battleframe.Fixed an issue where resource stack selection was not being refreshed/loaded in the progression UI.Loot rarity background will now match the quality color in the Sliding Loot Popup UI.Updated the look of the Battleframe Terminal UI.The Battleframe Terminal UI now uses a mouse cursor interface instead of a mouse wheel interface.There is an option in Interface Options to revert battleframe selection at the Battleframe Terminal to mouse wheel mode.Updated the look of the Login page.Updated the Options UI.Addons will now have an 'Addons' section instead of getting mixed into Interface. The Addons section will only appear if addons with options are present.Updated the Crafting UI to resize based on resolution.Added a background border to recipes in the Crafting UI.Updated the 'Claim' button to use different text for researching in the Crafting UI.Updated the bleedout UI for when a player is in the 'downed' state.Updated the end of match screen.Displays accumulated XP per battleframe for the PvP match.Displays rewards acquired for the PvP match.Tab for scoreboard attached to end of match screen.Tab for leaderboards attached to end of match screen.
    patch notes

- - - Updated - - -

Dat Arsenal frame.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    Not my game. Stopped playing after an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Not my game. Stopped playing after an hour.
    It's not for everyone :P
    The game requires a pretty large time investment to be worthwhile. Most people who try it never get to the new zones and their raid events, baneclaw (raid boss), or BWA (5m instance) or high level crafting.

anybody in here have an active army.... Im in HEX atm but nobody talks or anything and its not fun without idle chatter to while away the killing spree

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    anybody in here have an active army.... Im in HEX atm but nobody talks or anything and its not fun without idle chatter to while away the killing spree
    I am going to be more active starting in about 3 days. However, if you want a big guild, I think BBs has 5 full guilds and their teamspeak always has like 10-30 people on it doing firefall stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

I really hope the arsonal frames come out soon. They look like the DPS frames I've been waiting for.

Right now I've got dragonfly (for healing) and mammoth (for tanking) maxed out with sets of like maxed out gear. I am a bit torn about electron vs bastion for support... I know bastion is better for lowbie stuff (like all pet classes) but it doesn't scale well and electron has amazing buffs but its just like... urgh. And then for DPS the current choice is raptor vs rhino and rhino is pretty much the obvious choice except for when power field is active because of raptors instant charge while buffed.
    but the new frames, that one on the left looks like it has lighter armor and a stronger rifle. That's probably going to be mah dps frame

edit: i feel like the alt fire ability for that rifle should be stockstrike :X
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-08-24 at 05:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh... I'm remind of why I don't go to MMORPG.com anymore. In their review, they list "generally a work in progress" as a con to the game... while it's still in beta. YOU DON'T SAAAAAAAAY?!

HUGE FUCKIN NEWS.
    We’re proud to announce that we’ve completed Stage 1 of Open Beta, core gameplay and stress testing, and are starting Phase 2! To introduce Stage 2, there is no better way than to share this gorgeous new UI we’re working on:

Welcome to the new Firefall World Map User Interface! Well, at least a concept of it. The war against the Chosen has gone global! The map denotes the start of what we feel is a key new innovation for shooters (and MMOs) – Reclaim Earth, Unlock the World is our catch-phrase for a new kind of MMO, one that grows and expands not just alongside players, but because of their direct actions in the game. The first iterations of this new UI will be coming up soon.
    Stage 2 of Open Beta is about expanding the world.
    In this next stage, the name of the game is unlocking the world. We want to test the mechanics of pushing back the Melding, and taking the war to the Chosen. That’s right, instead of defending New Eden against Chosen incursions, you will now be taking the war into the Melding itself.

Step 1 – Pushing Back the Melding
    Players will work to fuel giant Melding repulsors in each of the three pockets (now called Warfronts) to generate enough power to unleash a pulse that will push back the Melding in stages. Each stage will reveal a little more of each pocket and more playable space with ARES missions and dynamic events.

Step 2 – Eliminating the Chosen Fortresses
    Eventually, pushing back enough of the Melding will reveal secret Chosen fortresses that must be besieged and destroyed before the Accord can establish a foothold. Destroying the Chosen will reveal new Chosen technology that can be researched and turned into new recipes for crafted gear and items.

Step 3 – Unlocking the Entire Zone
    Once the last of the Melding is pushed back, and the Chosen defeated, the Warfront will convert to a full zone and a new story-based instance will become available to pursue, unlocking the next chapter of the story of Firefall.
    Leaderboards – Players will compete on leaderboards to see who has done the most to push back the Melding. Top ranked players will receive special rewards and commendations. They will be honored by having statues of their characters in the new capital, and in 1st place, the right to name the city itself.

Players Choose the Path
    After testing this process with one warfront, the choice of the next warfront to unlock will be up to the players. The players will vote, with their efforts, to vie for which warfront to unlock next. In this way, the direction of the war against the Chosen is in the players hands. The story will also twist and turn, depending on the actions of the players and which areas they choose to attack and reclaim.

The World is Also Dynamic
    It’s not just zones that are filled with dynamic events. The entire globe will be dynamic, with hotspots, mysteries and other anomalies that will appear from time to time on the new world map. Chase them down and experience them before they fade away.

The World Changes Permanently and Grows With You
    As players unlock the world, the choice of which warfront to unlock will change the world permanently. Neglected warfronts can also be subject to total Chosen counterattack, shutting down that warfront entirely, at least for weeks or months.
    And because of our flexible and horizontally biased progression, we never leave old zones behind. All zones remain playable, fun and useful to the player, making this the first MMO that truly gets bigger the more you play. In Firefall, the whole world will always matter, no matter how advanced you are as a player.

Welcome to Stage 2 of Open Beta
    We’ve arrived, it’s time to start testing new mechanics in a grander and fuller version of Firefall than ever before. Please join us over the coming months as we pull back the veil of the Melding and shape a world, together.

Also, intro to the arsenal.

Sounds fucking awesome !

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    So are they changing how the instanced areas work?

When I was in before you had to grind up a shit ton of mats to create a key. Then once you were in the instance you had to grind up 4000 melded crystite just to push the melding back for 10 minutes before it collapsed back on you. Then you had to come up with another 4000 (might have been 2000) melded crystite to push it back again. The way it was before was pretty damn lame and I could see why less than 8% of the player base even bothered with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am at a bit of a loss. So ive been playing around with the firecat since like forever now, and I have 10 tokens to buy another frame I love the dread so I was thinking either the rhino or mammoth but I got no idea what would be better. This would just be for casual solo play nothing serious. Edit: I like to point out i'm sitting at the frame selection thingy flipping between the two, HALPS!
    Last edited by Alvarado; 2013-08-26 at 04:35 AM.

SSolo ? Mammoth ! It's got high HP and high DPS, prefect for ARES and such.

The Arsenal seems a bit lame to me to be frank. Little change from the archetype. The armor is same-ish. I don't exactly get excited by it.

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    So are they changing how the instanced areas work?

When I was in before you had to grind up a shit ton of mats to create a key. Then once you were in the instance you had to grind up 4000 melded crystite just to push the melding back for 10 minutes before it collapsed back on you. Then you had to come up with another 4000 (might have been 2000) melded crystite to push it back again. The way it was before was pretty damn lame and I could see why less than 8% of the player base even bothered with it.
    ???

You had to push it back like 3 times in a row in order to get to the raid event. If you let it collapse after the first push back then you wasted your first 4000. You are suppose to put it in and then rush to the next repuslor ect till you got to the 10 man event at the end...
    edit: You are joking right? Like, I feel really bad that you gave away your account without getting to try the raid events. You should have asked me how they work.
    - - - Updated - - -

Introducing Our New VIP Program & Vending Machines!
    By August 26, 2013 09:00

VIP Programs will be sold for Red Beans, not a subscription or annoying auto-renew system. You can pay as you go! We will have 1, 3, 7, & 30 day packages as well as 1, 6, & 12 month packages available for red bean purchase! Benefits of being a part of the program include: 50% Crystite Earning Boosts, ALL Frames unlocked for PvP, additional Manufacturing Slots, & additional Marketplace Slots. The VIP packs will be available in the near future.

Vending Machine

Our new Vending Machines will dispense four random items from a huge collection with a guarantee that you will receive a rare item with a chance of epic items! You will also be able to earn resources, cosmetics, boosts, vehicles, and more! Most of the items will be tradable on the Marketplace. You will be able to use the Vending Machine with Gold tokens that are purchased with Red Beans, and give higher rewards or by Silver tokens which are earned in game. These will be online Tuesday, the 27th PST time.

Packs

Our revamped Beta Starter Packs will not last long, so get them while you can! Starting with Gamescom, new packs are discounted 25% off on $100 pack! They will not be sold or replaced after August 31st.

Rift Patron status? Whaaaaaat? Nice.
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-08-26 at 10:48 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Rift Patron status? Whaaaaaat? Nice.
    Hrm...I find it awkward that they are having too many middle men with their currency, but their principles are sound. I feel like the VIP status broken up like that is the only way they should be offered going forward. To be honest, I'm surprised more games haven't looked at this model as a way to have a 'subscription' but avoid its pitfalls.

Many people don't pay for multiple subs because they can't get enough time out of each, but allow you to buy sub benefits down to the day and suddenly you are getting bursts of revenue all the time. I might not play Firefall for a month, but get a weekend to play and decide that I'll take two VIP days. It's pretty smart actually, as it lets the player control their playtime.

Very classy.
    BAD WOLF

I don't really know how to feel. The VIP system seems decent but I fear that it'll be the only way to unlock a new crafting slot. I hope(d) that they add a permanent purchase.

Edit : someone on Reddit linked me this thread talkng about just what I mentioned above.

Grummz said "We're going to see how the VIP program works before decided what to do next with slots. But we are considering it.[addind permanent slot purchase]" so there is hope !
    Last edited by Recom; 2013-08-26 at 02:53 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    ???

You had to push it back like 3 times in a row in order to get to the raid event. If you let it collapse after the first push back then you wasted your first 4000. You are suppose to put it in and then rush to the next repuslor ect till you got to the 10 man event at the end...
    edit: You are joking right? Like, I feel really bad that you gave away your account without getting to try the raid events. You should have asked me how they work
    My crafting of a key and going into the melding pockets was for better mats since at the time you'd be hard pressed to find better than Q^460 green mats anywhere in New Eden. I know there was group content in those pockets, but it wasn't the reason I would go there. I'm just wondering if the timer aspect is going to change since that is where players will make most of the world progression with the coming patch.

I gave my account away because Red5 is going against way too many of their original claims that were the foundation of their game on what the game was going to be and their focus on monetizing everything is getting out of hand.

My crafting of a key and going into the melding pockets was for better mats since at the time you'd be hard pressed to find better than Q^460 green mats anywhere in New Eden. I know there was group content in those pockets, but it wasn't the reason I would go there. I'm just wondering if the timer aspect is going to change since that is where players will make most of the world progression with the coming patch.

I gave my account away because Red5 is going against way too many of their original claims that were the foundation of their game on what the game was going to be and their focus on monetizing everything is getting out of hand.
    Yes, the melding pockets are changing completely. they are now warfronts. pushing back the melding is now permenant unless chosen destroy your repulsor (if sh is any indicator, they will succeed a good amount of the time). losing your first repulsor can lock you out of the warfront for weeks if not months.

i am not sure what issues you are having with their 'monitizing everything'. i am yet to need to spend any money and when i have spent money it was optional, because i want to buy hats or something.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    i am not sure what issues you are having with their 'monitizing everything'. i am yet to need to spend any money and when i have spent money it was optional, because i want to buy hats or something.
    Yes, it is optional. What I meant was that the continued efforts in monetizing the economic aspects of the game have, imho, hurt the game's progress in terms of delivering content. A better part of this year was spent on them shoehorning a single facet economy into place (no specialization) and putting a price on convenience all the while forcing aspects of the game to become more inconvenient for players in the hopes of cashing in on it.

I guess I just liked it better when you bought garage slots for each of the frames you unlocked and that was it. After that it was just about going out with your friends and having fun with crafting as an afterthought. I started this game with about 1,120 Red Beans over a year ago and spent most of them on those slots. It made sense and back when they were still touting the 'new frame every month kind of like LoL' mantra I would have happily bought new slots (at 100 Red Beans each) for any frame I thought was fun.

If they hadn't gone the route of changing the game (yet again) and forcing a durability mechanic and a flat economy in place there could have been a lot more in the game by now. I just think Red5 could have made just as much if not more had they focused on making the game fun and giving the players a continually evolving form of having fun (more choices in frames, more vehicles, mechs, etc) instead of the route they decided to go....but that's just my opinion.

Yes, it is optional. What I meant was that the continued efforts in monetizing the economic aspects of the game have, imho, hurt the game's progress in terms of delivering content. A better part of this year was spent on them shoehorning a single facet economy into place (no specialization) and putting a price on convenience all the while forcing aspects of the game to become more inconvenient for players in the hopes of cashing in on it.

I guess I just liked it better when you bought garage slots for each of the frames you unlocked and that was it. After that it was just about going out with your friends and having fun with crafting as an afterthought. I started this game with about 1,120 Red Beans over a year ago and spent most of them on those slots. It made sense and back when they were still touting the 'new frame every month kind of like LoL' mantra I would have happily bought new slots (at 100 Red Beans each) for any frame I thought was fun.

If they hadn't gone the route of changing the game (yet again) and forcing a durability mechanic and a flat economy in place there could have been a lot more in the game by now. I just think Red5 could have made just as much if not more had they focused on making the game fun and giving the players a continually evolving form of having fun (more choices in frames, more vehicles, mechs, etc) instead of the route they decided to go....but that's just my opinion.
    I, personally, would rather be able to earn frames via PTs. I felt the old system was far more restrictive because if I were to have a bunch of different frames I would be forced to spend RL money. Whereas now, I can either choose to spend money or grind it (I choose to grind it).
    Their plan to release a frame on a monthly basis was disrupted due to the community wanting significant differences between frames. Instead of adding 1 ability to the game a month with a new frame, they now have to add 5, make a new model, make a new primary weapon with unique alt fire ect ect ect. Creating a new frame is a far more demanding task than it was when all the frames were the same.
    The durability mechanic was always their intention so that isn't a change so much as a feature that they implemented later in the beta phase. I, personally, love it and firefall would be pretty dull without it.

The game is evolving faster now that the basic foundation has been established.

Like you said, just a difference of opinion.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The game is evolving faster now that the basic foundation has been established.
    Yeah, I'm looking forward to content side of things coming with the next patch. I still have my secondary account with all the convenience stuff on it that I want (motorcycle, glider pad, etc) but it just has Rhino and Mammoth unlocked.

I was a little surprised that they are doing away with Pilot Tokens as part of the start packs you can pick up as well. I can understand it (people would rather get the full amount of RB's vs getting tokens) but I was thinking/hoping there would be a direct way to buy the tokens with real money or Red Beans.