Quote Originally Posted by Rivio View Post
    No.

Stop being so negative, all of you. They've said they were either buff the ember generation elsewhere or balance us around the lower generation.

I don't think they are the guys who can't keep their promises. That wouldn't really make for a good marketing now, does it?

Just be patient, the buffs are coming.
    well that wasn't me being negative, its what I got from a reply from Holinka himself on twitter a couple weeks, when I asked bout the RoF ember regen and the compensation, he just said that our ember regen is infinite on live... so that pretty much says that the intention is just to tone down the ember regen.

I really wish I am wrong though...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZaneBusby View Post
    Not that it matters, just that I find it amusing.
    I wouldn't use the word amusing, more like tragic. I too remember when they said, they didn't want to make many spell changes during patches, so mastery will be the all powerful "tuning knob" they can turn up and down and everyone will be happy. Typical Blizz.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm probably going to pick up afflic again and go with that for my demo MS.

I keep seeing that demo will be going crit? What is the logic behind this? More crit to compensate for the loss of UVLS? I can see how it works but.....it just feels like the mage treatment where each patch they have to reforge everything.

Honestly speaking, the crit heavy build for demo feels so foreign to me, I might as well just stick with afflic from now on anyways. I want to play a warlock, not a gimped fire mage that turns into a demon...

Quote Originally Posted by Baalb View Post
    I wouldn't use the word amusing, more like tragic. I too remember when they said, they didn't want to make many spell changes during patches, so mastery will be the all powerful "tuning knob" they can turn up and down and everyone will be happy. Typical Blizz.

Was that around when they said PvP power would be the "tuning knob" they can turn up and down?

Why does Holinka feel like the enemy to me?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    Was that around when they said PvP power would be the "tuning knob" they can turn up and down?

Why does Holinka feel like the enemy to me?
    No. This was when they first introduced mastery as a stat. They labelled it as the "tuning knob" back just before / just after the launch of Cataclysm. PvP Power (and PvP Resilience, instead of just "Resilience") were MoP additions... And I don't believe it was Holinka who labelled mastery as the tuning knob either. IIRC most of the devs weren't even on Twitter back at that stage, that was something they started getting into more around the mid Cata area.
    Last edited by ZaneBusby; 2013-08-23 at 03:23 PM.

Sorry, I was being kinda sarcastic. I just meant that they don't seem to avail themselves of the mechanisms they implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBGreene View Post
    Still IMO our number 1 trinket to pursue in the opening weeks. Probably coupled with Wush to start wouldnt be too bad (Affliction or Demo).
    Can someone please clarifiy that trinkets stats. Does it give a flat constant 7-9% increase to haste and mastery (and spirit but who cares) just equipping it or is it boosting your existing % of haste by 7-9% of that number?

I am not looking forward to 5.4 as much as I should be. These RPPM Changes + KJC nerf + Manaroths Fury Change = Not a fun playstyle for me. Its more like a new expansion with regards to how it is changing the game. Really sucks. Oh well, will suck it up for a patch and look forward to the new Expansion
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Deleted
    Hmm I hadn't seen the Spirit part of the trinket. Does it mean that Hybrids should get it before us ? :/

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Hmm I hadn't seen the Spirit part of the trinket. Does it mean that Hybrids should get it before us ? :/
    Luckily enough for me I am only competing against my ele shaman for this trinket so hopefully we both get it quickly.

I honestly think they should pull the spirit off of this trinket. It is already only proccing for damage spells so why give hybrids the benefit of extra hit as well when we cannot.

Quote Originally Posted by ZaneBusby View Post
    It's all about the base mastery levels (which I've taken the liberty to underline in that pic. The green digit is the amount of mastery from gear/buffs). It has no effect on the scaling/value of mastery whatsoever, it just buffs the base amount of mastery at level cap, increasing damage. The only side effect of this is a minor buff to lesser geared players in the process, but lesser gear is irrelevant anyway (level cap is NOT balanced around heroic 5man gear at this point), and it would only be very minor, probably almost negligible...

Not that it matters all that much, because he's already shoved it off to the side, just that I find it amusing.
    I believe this type of tuning was previously experimented with upon Frost Mages. The bonus from adding Mastery rating was very large compared to the small base pool, presumably to incentivize Mastery allocation on gear and gems.
    Back when dot snapshotting was a thing, I wrote this piece of junk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post
    Can someone please clarifiy that trinkets stats. Does it give a flat constant 7-9% increase to haste and mastery (and spirit but who cares) just equipping it or is it boosting your existing % of haste by 7-9% of that number?
    it increases your existing haste/mastery by 7%. if you have 10k of those all, you get 700 increase in every stat. and its critical strike damage, not crit rating.
    Last edited by mmoc27783e5c75; 2013-08-23 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by parayok View Post
    it increases your existing haste/mastery by 7%. if you have 10k of those all, you get 700 increase in every stat. and its critical strike damage, not crit rating.
    Yeah i noticed that, i didnt mention the crit portion. Tho i wonder if thats a flat 7% like bane brought out crit damage to 105%.
    hum. The spirit part is going to make it more of a everyone will want it item, but at least its on the first boss. not like we have to wait until we get to dark animus to get a chance for a decent trinket.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    I'm of the opinion that MF should provide the AoE range increasing effect while MF is off cooldown, and provide ONLY the damage increase when used.

It would solve not only Destro problems, but also Demo ranged-AoE problems as well.
    Only concern is basically switching the way AV currently functions on live with MF (how it sounds like) in that if Blizz ever thought about doing this then both effects would be deactivated on cooldown. Also unsure how exactly it'd help Destro since there's still the whole lack of ember thing plaguing the spec, no?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    Only concern is basically switching the way AV currently functions on live with MF (how it sounds like) in that if Blizz ever thought about doing this then both effects would be deactivated on cooldown. Also unsure how exactly it'd help Destro since there's still the whole lack of ember thing plaguing the spec, no?
    It would make it easier to at least put rain of fire over multiple targets and gain extra embers that way when possible. Right now, most of the SoO fights have the adds spread out and the tiny rain of fire radius can't really hit all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    Huh? Can you clarify a bit? I'm not sure I'm understanding you.

I think he's saying MF should always give the range bonus, and the damage strictly be the CD. That is, the CD won't make the range bonus go away (unlike how like AV stops giving the damage when it's on CD).

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    It was just recently changed so I don't blame you for not seeing it. But I don't think it should have any barring on if hybrids should get it before us or not. I don't think that hit gain is really going to be the game changer to give it to them over us in any way. Even with the healing effect bonus on it - how often do hybrids heal outside of a 3 minute CD? Not often.

Are people actually providing them with PTR logs showing how bad locks (well, destro) are instead of just complaining and trying to tell them that they don't know what they're doing?

Because that's what the shammies (and DKs) have been doing and they're seeing reversals on some nerfs and some slight buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Madstrike View Post
    Are people actually providing them with PTR logs showing how bad locks (well, destro) are instead of just complaining and trying to tell them that they don't know what they're doing?

Because that's what the shammies (and DKs) have been doing and they're seeing reversals on some nerfs and some slight buffs.
    Do we really need logs to show how bad destruction is doing on fights that aren't like spoils or horridon?