Page 11 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    You mean Pokémon? Yeah, I'm passing on that.

Also, I never said that new models are a new feature, I'm saying that for me to come back to WoW, if they aren't at least giving us new models (which is something that I really wanted) they better add something new to the game.

Pokémon may be fun for you and some others, I don't know how many people liked it in WoW though.

But, in the new interviews, one of the devs (I think it was Chilton) hinted at new features for hardcore players, so I guess we should just wait and see.
    Even if you don't like pet battles it doesn't make a new feature not a feature.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

What I don't get is, why don't they give us a preview atleast of the models that are done?

Deleted
    Here's a thought, if it's 25% complete, meaning new trolls, orcs and humans for exmpl., mite appear as teaser from next WoW exp when it's announced during Blizzcon.

I mean we have male orc (from new Garrosh model or Thrall model), male and female trolls (Vol'jin and Mar'li model) and male human (Varian model). If that's the 25% they're talking about, meaning there's still 16 other models to go, both male and female, not counting pandaren, goblins and worgen.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    .... The fuck did I just read?

Yeah. Even I have no clue..

Deleted
    but I'd rather have new content.
    Ouch, I've pretty much given up on LFR and Scenarios being actual content, and rather refer to it as faceroll. So I was just hoping on that bit of light at the tunnel's end, which would've been new characters models delivered in a shorter period of time than expected.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    What I don't get is, why don't they give us a preview atleast of the models that are done?
    A preview of a new model seems like a big thing, the kinda thing you'd show at Blizzcon.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    I guess the updated models are the new "dance studio"

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GuniorBinda View Post
    Ouch, I've pretty much given up on LFR and Scenarios being actual content, and rather refer to it as faceroll. So I was just hoping on that bit of light at the tunnel's end, which would've been new characters models delivered in a shorter period of time than expected.
    Aight, I want new models too, everyone* does - but yeah, I'd still have actual stuff to do than admire the abs on my new orc model.

*Most people.

A preview of a new model seems like a big thing, the kinda thing you'd show at Blizzcon.

And the preview-deal could end up recreating a female worgen situation where people will just keep raging that the models look super-ugly and don't fit until Blizzard completely botches them up, and people will be begging for the older model (that they said was super ugly) to come back.

Well if I don't see new models for the next expansion I'm not going to buy it.

I've been looking forward to new character models for some time and for them to turn around and say it's only 25% done is frustrating they first mentioned the models back in 2011 at Blizzcon and in all that time they've only managed 25%? If I recall correctly they said dwarves were practically done back then. I've honestly had enough of it, I'm tired of looking at that Pandaren next to me then seeing my own character.

Would be cool if they could also solve the issue of ears and stuff cutting through helms and other similair issues.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turmoill View Post
    Here's a thought, if it's 25% complete, meaning new trolls, orcs and humans for exmpl., mite appear as teaser from next WoW exp when it's announced during Blizzcon.

I mean we have male orc (from new Garrosh model or Thrall model), male and female trolls (Vol'jin and Mar'li model) and male human (Varian model). If that's the 25% they're talking about, meaning there's still 16 other models to go, both male and female, not counting pandaren, goblins and worgen.
    We have Night Elves too (Malfurion, WotA Illidan and Tyrande).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Arent' the talking about new models since Early cata ? (or even late WolK)
    Definitely not. The first time Blizzard indicated they'd started working on new models (as a low priority art task) was during the Mists of Pandaria press tour last spring.

It's amazing how quickly people's memories become distorted when it comes to Blizzard. Fan speculation from a year ago becomes, "Ghostcrawler promised me something three years ago and it's not done yet."

25% in 2 years work? This means we won't be getting new character models for another 6 years.

Me, along with a lot of people were probably expecting the new models for the next expansion, and if they don't seriously pick up the pace, that won't happen then.....

There is of course that this is a massive curveball and the character models will be coming for the next expansion after all.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Exactly, for some reason people just think models just come out of thin air. It definitely is the people's fault if they assumed this was coming out in MoP, Blizz never stated that, but people just start mixing up their hopes with facts.
    The same people wonder why we're kept in the dark when it comes to new features.

Until now, the only information we were given included:
    "Dwarves are underway," and
    "We're working on it"

Almost literally the very least they could tell us. We get a status update a few months later, and everyone grabs their pitchforks.

Now, TBH, 25% can mean a lot of things, depending on whether or not certain phases are done concurrently or if they're just working on each model consecutively. It'd be easier to work on them consecutively, leaving up at 5/20 Vanilla or 6/24 +BC. If they have some of the basic assets built, progress can accelerate a little bit, the next 25% may not take as long as the first.

*shrug* you'd think some news is better than no news around here.
    Last edited by Bashkar; 2013-08-24 at 06:19 PM.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    At this point "character model rework" is just a cock tease. Blizz would be better off starting from scratch on a new engine. Yeah, you'll get new character models, but will you really be able to enjoy it in zones like Elywnn Forest or the Barrens?
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Deleted
    .... The fuck did I just read?
    The over popular scene when Hitler is pissed over the officers? Kind of measures my dissapointment over the incopetence.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    And the preview-deal could end up recreating a female worgen situation where people will just keep raging that the models look super-ugly and don't fit until Blizzard completely botches them up, and people will be begging for the older model (that they said was super ugly) to come back.
    That will happen no matter what. When they release the new models, a lot of people will cheer and a lot of people will boo. You simply can't please everyone. You can be 1000% sure that a lot of people will be angry to "loose" their old character because of nostalgia and other reasons.

The only way Blizzard can avoid this is if they do like DAoC did when they made new models, you as a player could decide on whether or not you wanted to play as an old or new model, which in turn also changed how all the other player models looked -but then again, this was more or less because they'd added a brand new grapics engine...

Quote Originally Posted by whatthefudge View Post
    Here comes the hate from the jaded people who make assumptions and ignore the fact that Blizzard has never made any promises regarding the progress of the character models or given any indication that they would be done any time soon.
    I can' post links but you can find the links out there if you don't want to take my word..

From 10/22/2011: To paraphrase his statement -- which isn't too different from what I've said here on the forums before -- we absolutely plan on updating the existing models. As Chris mentioned, we want to make sure we preserve the look and feel of the original models players have come to know and love, while vastly improving their model and animation quality to be more in-line with the newer races.

We're not going to hide behind the statement that too many players will get mad if we tamper with their models, but it's a concern -- not a concern that's going to stop us from doing it, however. I want to stress as well that it's a massive undertaking to go back and do this. And to a lot of people it's something that won't be considered shiny new content. But not only do we hear the masses of players calling for this update, we really feel it's time to bring them up to par with newer models as well.

The game continues to age, but as we have no plans of slowing down on development any time in the near future, we want to keep updating and polishing it to stand the test of time (again, without sacrificing the look and feel which has brought players in over the years).

So almost 2 years ago they felt it was time to bring them up to par with the newer models, hearing from them today they're at 25%? Hah.

Blizzard also was asked about updated character models in 2012 before MoP release (almost a year after the previous announcement) and they responded by saying that the dwarven models were about complete and might be released after MoP was out...although they later said they would rather release all models at once.

With today's announcement, they're either trolling and will then have a big announcement at Blizzcon
    or
    They're still putting it off and not even working on it, which is sad considering they already have updated most races updated in the form of NPCs between the last expansion and the current one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CalasEU View Post
    You have to fit gear, dances and all sorts of crap into those new models. It's gonna take a while.
    This.

People think it's just gonna be ADD MOAR POLYCOUNT!!!!....No not how it works. At all.

Be patient people, I also bet you they're misleading us thinking they won't be here next xpac, and at blizzcon we'll see a reveal.