Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[TV] New Star Trek series?

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/star-trek-renegades

Ten years after Voyager’s return from the Delta Quadrant, the Federation is in crisis. Someone has caused space and time to fold around several planets, all of which are the Federation’s main suppliers of dilithium, essentially cutting off the supply for several millennia. Starfleet’s methods to stop those responsible have been ineffective. This necessitates more drastic measures, some of which are outside the Federation’s jurisdiction. It now falls to Admiral Pavel Chekov, head of Starfleet Intelligence, and Commander Tuvok, Voyager’s former security officer and new head of the clandestine Section 31, to put together a new covert, renegade crew – primarily comprised of outcasts, rogues and even criminals. But can they refrain from killing each other to accomplish their task? That may be the bigger question…
    Tim Russ (Tuvok) is planned to direct and the cast includes Walter Koenig (Chevok from TOS), Robert Picardo (The Doctor/Dr. Zimmerman from VOY), Richard Herd (Admiral Paris, VOY), Gary Graham (Ambassador Soval from ENT), and Garrett Wang (Harry Kim, VOY).

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Deleted
    awesome I loved voyager

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds interesting, I'd probably watch it. I loved Voyager (favorite Star Trek series so far) so I think this will do well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

I wish them the best with this and hope it turns out really well... but the fact it's mostly Voyager people I find to be a bit disconcerting.

Since that show was turrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneru View Post
    Back in Molten Core in Vanilla, about 20 people up and the rest still being ressed. Cidet, our rogue, goes in stealth and moves up to Ragnaros. About 5 seconds later, Ragnaros aggroes and starts killing all of us again. Everyone is pissed and I whisper Cidet "wtf happened?!". All he replies me is...

"Target has no pockets"

Deleted
    So I was looking through the casting and then I saw Grant Imahara. I know he liked Star Trek but I didn't expect him to get cast for something like this; Myth busted I guess.

10+ Year Old Account

If they can fit this into an episode I'd totally watch it.

Deleted
    They need a series about the ground forces, make it a little grittier than the others focusing more on the battles and "human" aspects of the characters, Chief O' Brian was always talking about his time fighting the Cardies it would be good to see it in film form.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    They need a series about the ground forces, make it a little grittier than the others focusing more on the battles and "human" aspects of the characters, Chief O' Brian was always talking about his time fighting the Cardies it would be good to see it in film form.
    Well, that is what Section 31 has always been portrayed as although it was initially a human based operation rather than a federation based. Albeit the were also more of a group that operated covertly rather than engaging in a full frontal war.

I'd love to see a new Star Trek show but I don't think the quality of this one is going to be on par with DS9/VOY/ENT.
    Their budget is just too low.
    DS9 pilot = 12 million$
    Renegades = so far they've made less than 300k

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    I'd love to see a new Star Trek show but I don't think the quality of this one is going to be on par with DS9/VOY/ENT.
    DS9 pilot = 12 million$
    It's a pilot, if this gets picked up it can be reshot.
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

Quote Originally Posted by zoefschildpad View Post
    It's a pilot, if this gets picked up it can be reshot.
    Yeah, they say it in the article

But bottom line, we want to present CBS with the absolute best, highest quality, professional product we can create, and we need more funding to do that.
    Big budget pitch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    DS9 pilot = 12 million$
    DS9 was 20 years ago. My smartphone probably has more processing power than the computers they used for the CGI back then.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    DS9 was 20 years ago. My smartphone probably has more processing power than the computers they used for the CGI back then.
    then go and make a star trek

Wouldn't checov be long dead 10 year after voyager came back?

- - - Updated - - -

Chekov would be 143.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikeychris View Post
    Wouldn't checov be long dead 10 year after voyager came back?

- - - Updated - - -

Chekov would be 143.
    McCoy was still alive at 137.

If you're willing to go with what Shattner's been writing, McCoy is still alive at 152 in 2379.
    Last edited by Masark; 2013-08-24 at 10:09 PM.

As long as it isn't as bad as most of Voyager and S1-3 Enterprise, then sure.
    Just make sure Brannon Braga writes no episodes if it gets picked up

wasn't a fan of Voyager but glad to see another Star Trek series begin.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/star-trek-renegades

Tim Russ (Tuvok) is planned to direct and the cast includes Walter Koenig (Chevok from TOS), Robert Picardo (The Doctor/Dr. Zimmerman from VOY), Richard Herd (Admiral Paris, VOY), Gary Graham (Ambassador Soval from ENT), and Garrett Wang (Harry Kim, VOY).
    As long as they stay true the the series, and not the recent movies. Because if it's the latter, I'm going to have to cry in despair.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would be all for a new Star Trek series. I have a feeling all we're going to see for the next 20 years is re-boots and re-imaginings

There is some potential here. I actually kind of like it that the characters are already known because then we don't have to waste time going into personal history stories since we already know them.

Another thing is Section 31 is a ruthless organization where killing, assassinations, even genocide are not out of the question. Hopefully we get to see something evil scheming the kinds of things that people don't talk about at parties.