Page 1 of 21
... LastLast

Why is there so much hate for Nintendo?

I guess the topic speaks for itself. It just seems that every time I read up on IGN, or other relative websites, that the comments are just filled with people absolutely hating on Nintendo for no apparent reasons. As a fan of both PC games, and Nintendo, I'm just curious as to why there's so much hate. Nintendo produces great stuff, without having to resort to violence, sexual themes, excessive cursing, or a need for blood-lust; So why do the fans on the other-side hate them so?

It's just the cool thing to do, especially if you're a male in your early twenties.

I guess that makes sense. As a male in my 18th year, I grew up with nintendo, and I still enjoy them today. That's not to say I dont like to play Borderlands or Bioshock, but there's just something so intriguing about a game as simple as Mario. Not to say that Mario is simple, I've had plenty of trouble in various levels of various games.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    i think there is as much blind hate as blind fanboyism, it's a matter of perception. If you happen to be a fan of nintendo (not necessarily a fanboy, there is a difference), you can't help but notice the critisim but you sort of easily forget the love nintendo post as it goes in your way.

kinda like time flies when you having a good time but time is long when you're not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im not sure about the "hating" stuff but from what I've read it's usually Xbox and Playstation players trashing and undersizing Nintendo due to its content generally being "childish" and it's graphics being "outdated" and thus cant be considered as real gaming Ironically Nintendo were the founders of console gaming.

Personally I dislike pure playstation or xbox players simply because the fact that most are fanboys and biased pieces of shit, they discovered gaming 5-6 years ago and they think they can trash talk about anything they want and be correct about it.

Real gaming goes far beyond FPS, Nice graphics, Blood, or mature content, is about exploring and enjoying a new world and having a nice experience doing it.
    I see dead people and blood in my blades.

Deleted
    I love nintendo, however they do some really dumb things, like not being able to transfer VC games from wii to 3ds, and no nintendo ds player for the TV even though they would sell like hotcakes.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladivine View Post
    Im not sure about the "hating" stuff but from what I've read it's usually Xbox and Playstation players trashing and undersizing Nintendo due to its content generally being "childish" and it's graphics being "outdated" and thus cant be considered as real gaming Ironically Nintendo were the founders of console gaming.

Personally I dislike pure playstation or xbox players simply because the fact that most are fanboys and biased pieces of shit, they discovered gaming 5-6 years ago and they think they can trash talk about anything they want and be correct about it.

Real gaming goes far beyond FPS, Nice graphics, Blood, or mature content, is about exploring and enjoying a new world and having a nice experience doing it.
    there is no such thing as "real gaming". Gaming as an activity takes many shapes and gamers came in different flavors, who's to say who's wrong and who's right? as long as they having a good time, they're gaming for real.

Deleted

agreed, i've been playing games for 20 years, i much prefer a colourful adventure RPG than another uninspired FPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    there is no such thing as "real gaming". Gaming as an activity takes many shapes and gamers came in different flavors, who's to say who's wrong and who's right? as long as they having a good time, they're gaming for real.
    That's basically what I said.....

15+ Year Old Account
    Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft are all pretty equal when it comes to fanboys and haters.

Exactly! This is what I've told my friends time and time again. They continue to blindly buy the newest C.o.D game, which in all honesty is just the same game repeated over and over again, in the name of newer graphics and more swearing. If they wanted all the things that Blade made note to, why dont they play Real Life, where the graphics are amazing, but gameplay is garbage.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    It's just the cool thing to do, especially if you're a male in your early twenties.
    I think you mean "early teens"
    People beyond their teen years generally don't care enough about what other people like/dislike to comment on it one way or another. While it isn't true in all cases, that has been my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarky View Post
    I love nintendo, however they do some really dumb things, like not being able to transfer VC games from wii to 3ds, and no nintendo ds player for the TV even though they would sell like hotcakes.
    Oh, Nintendo undeniably makes some very dumb mistakes, but it's nowhere near as bad as people make them sound.

Honestly I reckon the fanboys are just jealous that despite their perceptions, Nintendo consistently survives. They can't 'get' it, they see all these other people having fun, and they don't understand why, so they start to trash talk.

i think there is as much blind hate as blind fanboyism
    To be honest, I've yet to meet one real "fanboy" of something. But haters, they're everywhere. It's so easy to be a negative douche. At this point, I'm not even sure this "blind fanboyism" actually exists, sometimes I get the feeling that it's one of those myths that have been made up by haters. I think it's more a stupid catchphrase and defamation that miserable people throw at other's heads when they don't agree with them. I just don't know any people that really fit into that fanboy stereotype.

In any case, even if there truly are "fanboys" out there - there's definitely not nearly as many people with such an attitude as morons who waste their time bashing things.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt View Post
    I think you mean "early teens"
    People beyond their teen years generally don't care enough about what other people like/dislike to comment on it one way or another. While it isn't true in all cases, that has been my experience.
    I'm willing to bet my left arm that 90% of all typical Nintendo (or Blizzard, for that matter) bashers are twens.
    Last edited by Pull My Finger; 2013-08-25 at 02:58 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's basically what I said.....
    not exactly, you seems to imply that having a deathmatch on CoD is not real gaming.
    is playing a magic the gathering real gaming?
    is playing cut the rope on tablet real gaming?
    is game that does not involve exploring new world real gaming?
    is double dragon real gaming?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    To be honest, I've yet to meet one real "fanboy" of something.
    you don't have to go far. a few forums above, into the general discussion of world of warcraft. It's full of them (with many haters as well). They will defend wow with their lives, blizzard can do no wrong, tehy will spit and shit on any new MMO even before they get to play or even see actual footage of it.

Hate for Nintendo is a lot like hate for WoW. You seem to remember this perfect gem though nostalgia but now they just "do it all wrong" according to old timers. Honestly Nintendo didn't change much, but rather the players got older and changed. My kids still love the living hell out of all Nintendo products just like I did when I was younger and at least the gives me the excuse to play the latest Zelda game.

For me I personally drifted away from Nintendo when I got older and eventually just got more into PC gaming.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    not exactly, you seems to imply that having a deathmatch on CoD is not real gaming.
    Actually he implied that things on the surface is not what makes for real gaming, but the experience behind the playing of the game.

Well, that's what I got from his post at least.

I don't hate Nintendo. I just want them to make a new Star Fox game.

I don't see that much hate aginst Nintendo as a company, people love their games and want to play them. The problem is that the nintendo consoles are not really that good, I love Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, supersmash donkey kong, metroid and more, but what it comes down too is that I don't feel the few interesting games are worth the cost of a completely new console.

I think nintendo should become third party developers and focus on good games and stop with their consoles.
    Last edited by Sylf; 2013-08-25 at 03:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you have a nice experience when you are in a death match in COD? (obvoiusly exploring a new world)
    See what I did there?

I just stated that real gaming is not limited to FPS, Blood, mature content and nice graphics.