10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    What...? He's done a great job of cable management, that's about as good as it can get with a HAF912.
    The lack of coloring that is what I meant.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    The lack of coloring that is what I meant.
    Can't see anything bad about that. It's black/blue/silver/white. Actually quite decent if you ask me (maybe change the rings on the corsair fans to blue). It's not as if he has some Biostar or Asrock Clown Board in there...
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Biernot View Post
    Can't see anything bad about that. It's black/blue/silver/white. Actually quite decent if you ask me (maybe change the rings on the corsair fans to blue). It's not as if he has some Biostar or Asrock Clown Board in there...
    I think he is referring to the inside of the case, non-painted interior of the HAF.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also the SP120's are not meant as casefans.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    Also the SP120's are not meant as casefans.
    It's good that he's not using them as such, then?

I got to say I love the wallpaper the most. As well as just the general mood of the room, looks dark and cozy. HAF 912 isn't half that bad I mean it looks like a big blob of plastic from the outside like they all do but the inside is actually pretty sleek and clean I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Yeah i misread, he's using AF120's on the case.

Ya, the HAF is a bit ugly on the inside but it has no windows so i don't really mind and i kinda dig the aggressive look of the outside. Although, if I was going to change cases it would be a corsair one, probably the 650D or a C70(even tho I would still probably get some flack from others, I like it). The budget to originally build this was tight, and a case at the time seemed like a great place to save a bunch and this one was only $50 so i cant complain. When i first picked out parts the last thing on my mind was color coordination, just solid performance for a good price. I don't think I paid full price on anything but just a few parts most of it i got on sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Biernot View Post
    maybe when I get bored and want to do some tinkering inside, I'll switch the rings out and see but I'm just not a big fan of blue. I agree that it dose need more color tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post

I got to say I love the wallpaper the most. As well as just the general mood of the room, looks dark and cozy. HAF 912 isn't half that bad I mean it looks like a big blob of plastic from the outside like they all do but the inside is actually pretty sleek and clean I think.
    Thanks! I cant really find any other wallpaper that i like more.Whenever I change it, always come back to this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    my brother's X79 Dark came in, i can't wait till ivy-e to order one for myself,

the NH-D14 does fit:

That is one heck of a sexy motherboard, Cyan.

i just placed my pre-order for the red harbringer desk!!!

http://www.redharbinger.com/product/...k/#prettyPhoto

http://www.redharbinger.com/product/...n-cross-desk/#

i cant wait here is the computer that's going in it, as i just got a bonus at work im geeking out and going all out on this build as my wife has told me its the last build for 5 years

cpu -i7 3970x
    mobo - asus rampage iv extreme
    ram - 64g ddr3-2133 corsair dominator platinum or ripjaws z series have not made a decision yet
    gpu - 2x asus titans
    ssd - 4x samsung 840 pro 512g 2x in raid 0 and 2 separate
    hdd - 2x caviar black 1tb in raid 0 -fraps drive + misc storage for work files*
    power - evga nex1500w - fully sleeved *mdpc sleeving*
    os - windows 8 pro oem 64bit of course
    sound card - asus xonar essence STX

cpu/mobo/both gpus will all be water cooled on 2x separate loops

i have not come up with a color scheme yet and open to ideas

cyan/xuvial/deltrus i welcome you guys feedback, cyan do i wait for ivy-e? what are your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Flcrewpolo View Post
    cyan/xuvial/deltrus i welcome you guys feedback, cyan do i wait for ivy-e? what are your thoughts?
    Launch is supposed to be like the day after tomorrow together with haswell i3's, I'd say why not.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

i just placed my pre-order for the red harbringer desk!!!

http://www.redharbinger.com/product/...k/#prettyPhoto

http://www.redharbinger.com/product/...n-cross-desk/#

i cant wait here is the computer that's going in it, as i just got a bonus at work im geeking out and going all out on this build as my wife has told me its the last build for 5 years

cpu -i7 3970x
    mobo - asus rampage iv extreme
    ram - 64g ddr3-2133 corsair dominator platinum or ripjaws z series have not made a decision yet
    gpu - 2x asus titans
    ssd - 4x samsung 840 pro 512g 2x in raid 0 and 2 separate
    hdd - 2x caviar black 1tb in raid 0 -fraps drive + misc storage for work files*
    power - evga nex1500w - fully sleeved *mdpc sleeving*
    os - windows 8 pro oem 64bit of course
    sound card - asus xonar essence STX

cpu/mobo/both gpus will all be water cooled on 2x separate loops

i have not come up with a color scheme yet and open to ideas

waste of money and IB-E comes out in about 10 days

Quote Originally Posted by Ianus View Post
    waste of money and IB-E comes out in about 10 days
    When you're not only buying hardware, but also desks to contain it, you're past the "I'm buying because I need it" and far into the enthusiast range. Nothing strange about that.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    When you're not only buying hardware, but also desks to contain it, you're past the "I'm buying because I need it" and far into the enthusiast range. Nothing strange about that.
    exactly its not a matter of money, yes i know the build is overkill. HELL half the build is over kill, thats not the point. I know how stable sandy-e is but i have not had time to read up on ivy-e like i should

10+ Year Old Account
    exactly its not a matter of money, yes i know the build is overkill. HELL half the build is over kill, thats not the point. I know how stable sandy-e is but i have not had time to read up on ivy-e like i should
    IB-E for the most part has native PCIe3, and a better memory controller, it should have all of the advantages of IB and none of the TIM problems

personally i will be going for the 4930K

thanks for the input like i said i havnt had time to read up at all on it

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    IB-E for the most part has native PCIe3, and a better memory controller, it should have all of the advantages of IB and none of the TIM problems

personally i will be going for the 4930K
    Well you can have PCIe3 with SBE..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    Well you can have PCIe3 with SBE..
    only on motherboards with a 3rd party chipset, native support is better obviously

This is, again, not a thread asking for feedback or advice on what you want to build. Create a separate thread for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    only on motherboards with a 3rd party chipset, native support is better obviously
    A 3rd party chipset would be a plx adding lanes, no? But there's no such thing on a RIVE but on a MVE you have. I posted a while ago a screenshot where I pushed 3.0 x16 on my 2600K, it just basically added 16 lanes making it a pci express 2.0 x32 or 3.0 x16. 8GT/s is the speed of PCIE3.0, right? According to this datasheet of Intel at 1.2.2, it says 40 lanes running at 8GT/s. I don't think theyre going to mention specs of a 3rd party chipset such as a PLX in their datasheet.

By default AMD just supports 3.0 while Nvidia on the other hand is by default at 2.0 because it wasn't certified as 3.0. Intel didnt really mention anything of being capable of 3.0 but they just advertised it as 2.0. Also there were some issues but after a bios update it was fixed, might have been another reason why nvidia waited so long to bring the patch out.