Poll: Do you think TCG items will hit the in-game store?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

TCG shut down, previous TCG items to hit the ingame store?

Since very early in World of Warcraft Blizzard allowed another company to make TCG (trading card game) based on the (world of) Warcraft universe, that will now stop and the 100s of unique cosmetic items provided through the TCG will no longer be available. I'm not gonna lie, I've paid couple 100$ over the years in tabards etc to get my hands on some of these rare items and now that that whole "system" is going away I'm sad and left speculating "Why?".

I think this is part of Blizzards strategy to put "more" into their own store, more specifically the in-game one.
    While nothing is confirmed you can't deny that it's very plausible that this is the route we're going, which honestly I'm fine with as long as the prices are turned up high enough so the items stay rare. If the Spectral Tiger mount(s) for instance or any other of the unique mounts go for 20$ I'll be fucking angry, on ebay and other sites the spectral tiger goes for over 600$ and I'm glad that it does! If you're not going to limit the rarity of a thing you better fucking make it so exclusive (because of cost) that not everyone gets it. And before you start bashing me out of being a rich prick, I don't have the spectral tiger, I wish I did, maybe one day I'll save up for it but not atm.

So what are your thoughts?
    Will you miss the TCG items?
    Do you think Blizzard will transfer them to their own in-game store?
    Would you be fine with Blizzard making the extremely rare TCG items "common" with low prices?

/discuss
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Its inevitable everything will be on the store eventually.

old TCGs card should never hit the Blizzstore. I am fine with some TCG items hitting the BMAH or blizzard making reskins of TCG items as rewards. New "TCG" item they can add to the blizzstore

Deleted
    So you are saying that you'd be angry if Spectral Tiger hit the Blizzstore right? And you are happy that it's priced for 600$, right? And that's why I would be happy if these items hit the Blizzstore for like 20$. Guess why? To show you how much you overvalue pixels in game. That's my opinion.

Hold on... WAIT A MOMENT.

WAIT JUST A DAMN SECOND.

What if... and work with me here, just bare with me... what if they rolled the TCG items into hearthstone, so whenever you got a random booster in Hearthstone, there was a small chance to get an EXTRA 'TCG item' card that provided a code to be used in WoW. A completely, totally random TCG item.

Excuse me, I think I just started vomiting money in all directions.

As someone who owns all the TCG pets and a few of the TCG mounts (Amani Dragon Hawk, Swift Spectral Tiger) As well as a the Blizzcon Bear mount with Murloc, Honestly I am happy for them if they were to put them on the store, or offer ways through Hearthstone to get them.

But then I don't really care about exclusivity of mounts and pets, I think everyone should beable to achieve them within reasonable ways, and as it is right now the prices of some of the mounts and pets are ridiculous.

I also have friends that love to collect pets and mounts and just can't afford to purchase them at these prices with their hard earned cash, so if it brings the prices down and allows them the opportunity to purchase them, then all the better really.

Deleted
    Nothing should be rare because of cost. Because of RNG -yes, because of cost -no, no and no.
    Not in P2P game anyway.

Deleted
    In fairness people have been buying TCG loot codes specifically through various sites for years, only difference if it was on the Blizzard store would be that they'd be sold at a reasonable price which in my opinion would be a good thing. (£100 for a rocket mount card, wat)

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelond View Post
    old TCGs card should never hit the Blizzstore. I am fine with some TCG items hitting the BMAH or blizzard making reskins of TCG items as rewards. New "TCG" item they can add to the blizzstore
    The final set will re-release all loot cards.

But it's likely after the card game is truly shuttered for good that the items will hit the BMAH... or whatever its version is at that expansion.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

The TCG is actually getting discontinued?

Er, well. I'm sure there's at least a dozen people who are out of a card game, then.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    The final set will re-release all loot cards.

But it's likely after the card game is truly shuttered for good that the items will hit the BMAH... or whatever its version is at that expansion.
    Already been released! And it is awesome Well i got really lucky, it was the first time I had bought actual booster packs, I got 10 individual packs, and got 3 loot codes in them, one was the Amani Dragon Hawk mount, the chance of loot from the latest TCG was increased. It's a shame they are stopping it, but at the same time, the price the cards were going for is just silly in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    What if... and work with me here, just bare with me... what if they rolled the TCG items into hearthstone, so whenever you got a random booster in Hearthstone, there was a small chance to get an EXTRA 'TCG item' card that provided a code to be used in WoW. A completely, totally random TCG item.

I think that's a possibility as well but I doubt blizzard will place all the pixels they previously got money from on a "free to get" type of deal.
    Sure there might be Hearthstone cards that will give you things in wow but I doubt they'll be free, if they're free then rare as fuck.
    If you've played Dota 2 their system is very well made, each game you have a chance to get a chest (booster pack/rare card) which you have to pay to open and within there's a random card with rare shiny attached to it. After every game you have a chance to get common cards or in extreme luck cases (very very small chance) you get one of the loot cards found in the "booster" packs.

Regardless I doubt blizzard will throw away all the potential money they can get from the TCG items if they were to put them on the in-game store.

Deleted
    back in the day TCG used to be with UDE points aswell , they added up to get tabards ect but that system was stopped a while ago

Still im lucky with my spectral tiger that I got , just annoyed as I had loads of ude points to spend on tabards , and i only got 1 tabard on my main

I don't think they hit the store but would be fine with it if it were to be the case anyway. I got every mount and pet from there apart for the derpy lion, Pandaren monk and the Lil' pets, but haven't purchased the cosmetic headgear either.

I've purchased Feldrake through eBay along with Eye of the Legion + Landro's Gift boxes that I wasn't so lucky with to get any good loot. Purchased some big packs too of the Archives & Their newest set Reign of Fire packge, didn't get lucky with those either. ( Nightsaber Cub, biscuits, Flame tabard, "Spectral tiger"s and the Thunderhead Hippogryph Hatchling.)

So I am going to just look into buying the loot cards themselves these days and not put anymore money into the cardpacks, learned something from that. :P However that's a peculiar point that they might appear in Hearthstone instead.
    Last edited by sylvira; 2013-08-25 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    I think that's a possibility as well but I doubt blizzard will place all the pixels they previously got money from on a "free to get" type of deal.
    Sure there might be Hearthstone cards that will give you things in wow but I doubt they'll be free, if they're free then rare as fuck.
    If you've played Dota 2 their system is very well made, each game you have a chance to get a chest (booster pack/rare card) which you have to pay to open and within there's a random card with rare shiny attached to it. After every game you have a chance to get common cards or in extreme luck cases (very very small chance) you get one of the loot cards found in the "booster" packs.

Regardless I doubt blizzard will throw away all the potential money they can get from the TCG items if they were to put them on the in-game store.
    Blizzard dont get any money from the loot cards. As it is right now they get money from the TCG but if a buyer gets a loot code they sell it on ebay etc none of that money goes to blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert West View Post
    Nothing should be rare because of cost. Because of RNG -yes, because of cost -no, no and no.
    Not in P2P game anyway.
    Spectral tiger has been rare because of cost AND the limited availability of the card for years. Same with a lot of other TCG items, there's probably thousands of some of the TCG tabards in circulation but not many has them because a) they're not willing to pay for it. b) it's too expensive.
    Price depends on rarity of anything.
    Would you REALLY be happy if Spectral Tiger suddenly became available at 5$ and EVERYONE got it? That's basically what the store mounts became, trash.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Blizzard dont get any money from the loot cards. As it is right now they get money from the TCG but if a buyer gets a loot code they sell it on ebay etc none of that money goes to blizzard.
    They sold the license to the TCG makers, that's money in their pocket. If they stop the TCG company the cards will stop, making the TCG "loot" items free for blizzard to start distributing themselves = money.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Spectral tiger has been rare because of cost AND the limited availability of the card for years. Same with a lot of other TCG items, there's probably thousands of some of the TCG tabards in circulation but not many has them because a) they're not willing to pay for it. b) it's too expensive.
    Would you REALLY be happy if Spectral Tiger suddenly became available at 5$ and EVERYONE got it? That's basically what the store mounts became, trash.

- - - Updated - - -

They sold the license to the TCG makers, that's money in their pocket.
    Store mounts are cool for about one week. Then everyone is in Orgrimmar on one.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Hold on... WAIT A MOMENT.

WAIT JUST A DAMN SECOND.

Win...

I'll be starting up POA (Pack Openers Anon) meetings after official launch.

- - - Updated - - -

They sold the license to the TCG makers, that's money in their pocket.
    Aye but they are also charging money for hearthstone card packs. So there not really losing out.

I think Spectral Tiger is an abomination of a mount and is super ugly so no i definitely wouldn't want to see everyone sitting around with one, but then again how many people do you see sitting on that huge heart of the aspects mount these days.