Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    gameplay wise i can make a pandaren monk, defeat all the evils in outland, singlehandedly defeat the lich king, destroy deathwing, meet garrosh a year before he became the warchief, et cetera et cetera
    that only enforces the idea that naga/pandaren dks dont make any sense
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    actually im correct, lorewise that subzone has always existed, gameplay-wise that zone hasnt existed until wrath

only a select few can create dks (baroness anastari who we killed in stratholme is the only one shown who could do this other than the lich king)

dar'khan was in control of the scourge in the ghostlands/eversong woods, he was also killed before by blood elf adventurers before the naga/legion/shattered sun invaded quel'danas (belfs have to kill dar'khan to get into the horde>they go to outland with the horde>we 'kill' kael'thas> he flees to quel'danas bringing his belfs and starts summoning the legion>shattered sun and naga pursue him)
    no you arent correct, it didnt exist at all until they retconned it in.

and you just repeated exactly what i said, the scourge there were being lead by dar'khan before he died. and since the naga their werent helping the blood elves its possible they were there all along andf the scourge killed some of them and gave them to arthas.

it doesnt matter how few people can make death knights all that matters is that chris metzen believes its possible since AGAIN he used it as a defense as to why worgen death knights are possible

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vamonos View Post
    and who exactly will be the one creating these death knights if theres no lich king?
    as stated by metzen "necromancy didnt go away when the lich king died"

- - - Updated - - -

that only enforces the idea that naga/pandaren dks dont make any sense
    no it doesnt. it completely enforces the idea that naga and pandaren death knights are possible and their lore doesnt have to have ANYTHING to do with their leveling zones.

in fact if blizzard cared about lore so much death knights wouldve started at lvl 70 instead of being in a starting zone taking place AFTER bc then going to the begining of bc
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted

as stated by metzen "necromancy didnt go away when the lich king died"
    yes but im asking who will be the one creating these dks sounds like something neither faction would really allow.

I dont care that the starting zone takes place at the end of bc. if worgen dk, draenei and blood elf monks can all exist theres no reason they cant hand wavy it and say they dont actually exist in the starting zone and were actually recruited by the ebon blade at x point in time.

as someone with a dk main i want some new variety and if we dont get new race models next expansion then whatever race they add better be able to be a death knight.

i want my naga dk!

Depending on what new races we will get and if they fit the dk starting zone timeframe, ogres and nagas where around prior the scourge (ogres since they come with the orcs in the first war and naga since they battles with illidan against Arthas in northrend) but other races like for example ethereal don't fit at all; so yes but only if the new race have a credible reason to be dk.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

yes but im asking who will be the one creating these dks sounds like something neither faction would really allow.
    anyone. and i doubt either faction approves of the black harvest researching and utilizing the powers of different evil factions but that doesnt stop warlocks from doing it.

the alliance and horde arent the bosses of the world

- - - Updated - - -

hell have someone working for sylvanas do it, sylvanas believes all death knights belong to her anyways would be right up her alley to make more of them
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Deleted
    anyone. and i doubt either faction approves of the black harvest researching and utilizing the powers of different evil factions but that doesnt stop warlocks from doing it.

the alliance and horde arent the bosses of the world

- - - Updated - - -

hell have someone working for sylvanas do it, sylvanas believes all death knights belong to her anyways would be right up her alley to make more of them
    i just dont see it man... pandaren lining up infront of some npc in ebonhold being turned into death knights :P

i just dont see it man... pandaren lining up infront of some npc in ebonhold being turned into death knights :P
    who says it has to be by choice.

Deleted
    who says it has to be by choice.
    well "Recruited" sort of implied that, ur saying they are capturing pandaren and forcing them into dks?

well "Recruited" sort of implied that, ur saying they are capturing pandaren and forcing them into dks?
    maybe some are recruited maybe some are given "the gift" by force. the ebon blade might not agree to it but someone like sylvanas or the remaining cult of the damned members wouldnt care about that

It doesn't make sense lore-wise.
    Why would the Ebon Blade raise more Death Knights when they themselves realise it isn't a blessing they've been granted, but a curse?
    Where i upload all my music:
    My Soundcloud!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosturn View Post
    It doesn't make sense lore-wise.
    Why would the Ebon Blade raise more Death Knights when they themselves realise it isn't a blessing they've been granted, but a curse?
    the ebon blade doesnt have to do it

Deleted
    maybe some are recruited maybe some are given "the gift" by force. the ebon blade might not agree to it but someone like sylvanas or the remaining cult of the damned members wouldnt care about that
    and if they are forced into it they wouldnt have free will?

Why would they be? Death Knights should have been limited to Humans, Undead, Orcs and Dwarfs in the first place. Historically no other races were DKs (one can argue that i.e. tauren or blood elves could, but I'm speaking of times prior to graphic novels, but for balancing reasons if you added these there would be a problem adding Alliance races).

PS. I want my naga to be a warrior!

and if they are forced into it they wouldnt have free will?
    forsaken are forced into it they have free will

Deleted
    forsaken are forced into it they have free will
    i think raising from the dead and twisting ur soul and binding it to the will of someone else are a bit different

Quote Originally Posted by Koreche View Post
    WOTLK had terrible story all around it. Arthas literally watched you kill his "most powerful champions" multiple times but did nothing because you "entertained" him... and he had the power to teleport anywhere on northrend yet only does it to laugh at you and talk shit, never once does he actually attack unless you count HoR which is also terrible.
    Lastly his plan is to make an unbeatable army of undead so he lets u almost kill him, except he has an unbeatable army of undead in icecrown which is the whole reason there must always be a LK... if not the undead will kill everything and there is far too many for us to beat.
    it made no sense...

now if u want blizzard to ruin the story for naga just as much they can do it.

- - - Updated - - -

You don't really know the story do you? Arthas allowed us to live as we were killing his generals because he was trying to amass the greatest fighting force on the planet and have them delivered to him by coming into ICC. If I'm not mistaken, he says something very similar to just that when he kills everyone right before the burn phase of his fight. So that is why he just didn't GGroflstomp us. Wrath was one of the better expacs in terms of lore tbh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    "Some of the children didn't like the direction" isn't a valid reason to eek an entire race into playability.

And even if that were some workable angle... the naga "children" (if they can even reproduce) would be raised at the bottom of the ocean with only their parents and the whispering of the old gods to teach them. I'm sure they'd be pretty much enthralled to the cause.
    Why not?

And yes, they can reproduce, and they actually make a lot of babies, as shown in the goblin starting zone, where they kidnap naga babies.
    You're probably right, in the end, in the real world, in the middle ages, everyone was raised as slaves to the nobles (except the nobles themselves ofc) with a fear of the monarch that has the power of God. And we still are slaves to the totalitarian nobles everywhere, right? Oh, and then when rock music appeared the parents said it was the music of the devil, so nobody listens to it anymore, ever. Wait, things changed you say? and in less then 50 years even? So it's not that unbeilevable for things to change in the naga society in 10 000 YEARS?

- - - Updated - - -

there is never a zone outside of northrend which both naga and scourge (with an actual leader) are BOTH present (the nearest naga population was in the hinterlands, which is inhabited by forsaken), the only pandaren which are seen outside the wandering isle pre-MoP have been in kalimdor (with the single pandaren on azuremyst being on the island since before the draenei crashed)

neither naga nor pandaren were around to be raised as a DK
    Yea... if you ignore the naga in Borean Tundra, and the naga that went with Illidan to destroy the Lich King of course. But I don't like ignoring them since they're there, in my face.

Quote Originally Posted by Sageofthe10paths View Post
    The Naga, all of them are mutated by the old gods, thus they are controlled by old gods. Do you honestly think a Naga would be like "yup, i'm over that N'Zoth guy, he's a dick. Can I join up with the Horde/Alliance?"
    "The orcs, all of them (in Classic WoW, all orcs had been mutated by fel, only in BC did we find the faction of them that lived uncorrupted) are mutated by the Legion, and thus they are controlled by the Legion. Do you honestly think an orc would be like "yup, I'm over the Legion guys, they're jerks. Can I make my own faction based on fighting the Legion?"."
    "The death knights, all of them, are mutated by the Scourge, thus all of them are controlled by Arthas. Do you honestly think a death knight would be like "yup, I'll over the Arthas guy, he's a dick, can I join the Horde/Alliance?"."

Next argument please.

"around the plaguelands", silverpine close enough to the plaguelands to allow powerful scourge members to transport specific heroes to any necropoli (naxx/acherus) that might be in the surrounding zones

we know the naga couldnt have landed on the beach, as the only beach at the time was controlled by the scarlet crusade, and there was no evidence that naga had even visited that beach
    Silverpine is close enough to the Plaguelands? Well, so are Ghostlands and Eversong. And there's naga there.

It's funny people keep saying "You can't make new DK! No Lich King!" which with a little thinking makes no sense. With that logic there should be NO DK because there is no LK to power them any longer.

The sheer fact that the DK keep going about with their powers is proof positive that there is something more to it than simply having the LK beam power into you.

Deleted
    Of course there can be still DK recruited... I mean... there is a quest in EPL were the scourge takes one guy a tries to revive it as a dk.

already happened before.

some naga worshiped neptulon, just have the naga faction we play as be worshipers of neptulon
    Where has this happened before? Can you give me a wowpedia or wowwiki source? Pretty sure every single Naga I've seen was a badie.