Thread: 5.4 85+ Flying?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

5.4 85+ Flying?

Anyone know if they will introduce flying @ level 85 this time?

Thanks

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure they've stated very thoroughly they don't like you flying until max level... then again why the fuck can't they do the woltk model that was amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by I make people mad View Post
    I'm pretty sure they've stated very thoroughly they don't like you flying until max level...
    Because they want you to experience the world while leveling. Can't say I found anything new the second time and the fifth time neither, so I wonder what new awesome things I'm missing :/

Blue posts have said repeatedly that they do not plan to put in flying pre-90 for the MoP content. No matter how many times you level through Pandaria they don't want you 'skipping' anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    nope they wont, take your ground mount off daycare and get ready to travel like its vanilla again^^

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Because they want you to experience the world while leveling. Can't say I found anything new the second time and the fifth time neither, so I wonder what new awesome things I'm missing :/
    Obviously we're missing something :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I make people mad View Post
    I'm pretty sure they've stated very thoroughly they don't like you flying until max level... then again why the fuck can't they do the woltk model that was amazing.
    If you mean the getting flying two levels before max level, that they didn't do because the end zones doesn't require flying like Northrend did. If you mean the heirloom book that grants flying, then I have no idea. Maybe they add that when next expansion comes around.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    nope they wont, take your ground mount off daycare and get ready to travel like its vanilla again^^
    Why though? I honestly doubt I've missed anything in the last 4 play-throughs of the pandaria zones. It's just stupid and time consuming. I'd love for them to do the wotlk model.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    Just leveling another toon at the moment, so just checking

They should use the WotLK model again for alts. I have 7 90's. I have seen the content. FFS let me fly on my other toons. It's the only thing really holding me back from finishing the other four.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Really, there is no reason for not introducing the tome of Flying they had at WotLK in Pandaria Version.
    Unless the same a-holes that pushed stupid stuff into the game as the Miinfernal, Qiraji Guardling original rarity, Cata Heroics, ilvl as requirement for LFD, and a bunch of other jerky moves, are responsible for the flight. Blizzard should get rid of some of their trash.

Deleted
    WoW has already become a great deal less social with LFR and LFD setup were u just sign in and get teleported to join a group of random ppl you don't know and prob never will. Back in the days ppl knew alot of ppl on their server since you had to search a group for dungeons and raids without LFD/LFR or cross-realm sht, and there weren't any stupid flying mounts. that constant feeling that you could get ganked at any moment in the world without escaping on your save flying mount, wonderfull..

now you even want flying mounts for every level ? great flying from point A to point B. might aswell play a Solo game. Hope they remove flying mounts in the future and dungeon/raid teleport sht.

10+ Year Old Account
    13 level90s, I can do all the pandaland quests with my eyes closed. I don't think I'm gonna find anything new on toon number 14.

Quote Originally Posted by elfispresley View Post
    Anyone know if they will introduce flying @ level 85 this time?

Thanks
    No as Blizzard have repeatedly said, despite of all the pleas from mummies worried their little kiddies will get tired if their characters cannot fly for 5 levels like the big boys do.
    Last edited by Saffa; 2013-08-25 at 03:32 PM. Reason: misspelling

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Hum..in the end I do the initial quest to get off that zeppelin (Horde) do my coocking / fishing dailies and some pet related stuff, hook up for a couple of 5 mans (almost zero queue time as healer) and log off. Eventually I takle Halfhill market, do some farm stuff and grab the initial Klaxxi quests. Didn't take me amazingly long to get to 90 that way. But I only have 4 90s by now.

I suppose they either need to make it free for all alts or not. If they bind it to the condition that you have to have 4 alts before it is unlocked on the fifth, it will still cause annoyance.
    I think you missed the period of WotLK where they made easier for alts to have the cold weather flight.

The flight trainer could offer a bind on account book, by the price of 1K, when I believe cold-weather was 250 or 400G. He could only sell it to capped at 80 players, and they could teach cold-weather to a freshly arrived level 68 character, at THEIR OWN ACCOUNTS, by sending it through the mail.

I totally agree with not flying till max level, I saw plenty of neat things that I would of just flown past if I could fly. They may aswell not bother creating new zones if you're gonna fly past them. I do also think that you should be able to buy an Heirloom flying skill (wotlk style) once you have a max level. Experience everything once, then let us fly. Second time round I just pointed in the right direction and auto ran, while watching TV, or minimizing and checking Facebook e.t.c It just kills the leveling experience totally after you've done it once.

Quote Originally Posted by az2d View Post
    now you even want flying mounts for every level ? great flying from point A to point B. might aswell play a Solo game. Hope they remove flying mounts in the future and dungeon/raid teleport sht.
    85-90 =\= Every level.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    I totally agree with not flying till max level, I saw plenty of neat things that I would of just flown past if I could fly. They may aswell not bother creating new zones if you're gonna fly past them. I do also think that you should be able to buy an Heirloom flying skill (wotlk style) once you have a max level. Experience everything once, then let us fly. Second time round I just pointed in the right direction and auto ran, while watching TV, or minimizing and checking Facebook e.t.c It just kills the leveling experience totally after you've done it once.
    That's exactly it. When you're leveling your 2nd/3rd/4th etc alt, you're not actually experiencing anything, just auto-running in the right direction while tabbed out on facebook or something similar.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by az2d View Post
    now you even want flying mounts for every level ?
    I don't want them, but if there were, I'd stop leveling this alt at 85 and wait for the patch to drop.

10+ Year Old Account
    With 15 90's, I've really seen enough of Pandaria from the ground. I've gone as far as to level some in very different ways. I'm currently doing pet battles on a mage in Outland. He's level 89. I have a couple of level 87 healers and a level 86 tank who have fast queues and wind up sitting wherever they are and queuing for dungeons. I've also stopped buying Pandaria flying at max level for alts. They don't need it AFTER I've already finished leveling them.

why are people so obsessed to be able fly while leveling 85-90? entire pandaria quests are made so you can do em just fine with ground mounts. Not like icecrown where you had to pick up quests from airship etc. and to be honest, it doesn't take more than 3-4 days of questing to get max leveled.

Guess the community just got spoiled over the years. Everything HAS to be convenient, god forbid a little bit of effort.