Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alabaster jones View Post
    I'm an ex-hardcore raider, after my friends/guild all quit, we checked out the other MMOs (swtor, lotro, rift, guild wars 2, etc, cleared all content and moved on)
    My point exactly. A lot of players who left WoW went to other MMOs, but the said MMOs failed to keep them.
    So all those mysterious MMOs catering to hardcores are nothing but a mythical construct. Because no editor in its right mind will publish one, at least on US/EU market (Asia/Japan is more debatable).
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

In Cataclysm, building a legendary out of drops that came on a predictable schedule every week removed some of the excitement from getting a legendary weapon. Legendary weapons in the future will likely be distributed similar to older legendary weapons and less like the Cataclysm legendary weapons.
    Hm, I am just wondering, which system they will use. Simple drops like during th BC era, which sucked pretty much, that stupid heavily based on luck system of Classic (Except Atiesh), where people cleared MC for over 50 times without seeing a simple Eye of Sulfuras? (If I count the Raggy-Kills of all my characters toghether, i killed him much more than 100 times without seeing that stupid Eye...)? Or that WotLK-System were the quesitem drops were not guaranteed?

Quote Originally Posted by Thedoc23 View Post
    Does the contest seems pretty stupid or am I missing something? Won't most of the people that know anything worth putting on the wiki already be on the beta?
    Exactly what I thought when I read about it.

How should I post a good Input if I don't play the game yet ?

Deleted
    "Mists of Pandaria was the first push to appeal to more casual players and it was very successful."

Whatever they smoke, i want it too. Really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    'High king' Mekkatorque ? Looks like varian is getting replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by trauma443 View Post
    "Mists of Pandaria was the first push to appeal to more casual players and it was very successful."

Whatever they smoke, i want it too. Really.
    In this expo, they killed every single incentive to be a hardcore. Content? LFR see all content, Legendary? you can it there too. Gear? well you can get all in LFR and so on... Thats why WoW has an embarrassing rating in Twitch stream rankings, there is nothing to see you can experience all in LFR and WoW PvP is not fun to watch, WoW twitch streams are dominated by entertainers or chicks...

Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    In this expo, they killed every single incentive to be a hardcore. Content? LFR see all content, Legendary? you can it there too. Gear? well you can get all in LFR and so on... Thats why WoW has an embarrassing rating in Twitch stream rankings, there is nothing to see you can experience all in LFR and WoW PvP is not fun to watch, WoW twitch streams are dominated by entertainers or chicks...

because the rest can actually enjoy this stuff in game instead only way accesible for them would be to watch some idiot on live stream showing it off ? .. oh wait maybe this was the purpose of lfr to keep casuals in game not on youtube -_-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Monteverdi View Post
    I won't be playing Hearthstone now. I understand the business decision and I won't rant about it or anything, but I'm personally disappointed that the WoW TCG is shutting down.
    Crypto will release HEX in a few months. Alpha in September.

They are direct competitors concerning Heathstone... normal that they stopped cooperation.

And no TCG will last forever except Magic^^

Deleted
    Mists of Pandaria was the first push to appeal to more casual players and it was very successful. If they had not done so, the game would be in bad shape.
    The audience has changed since Vanilla, so players wanting the game to stay the same wouldn't have had the same fun gameplay even if it did.

Blizzard are so full och s**t!!! In that case I have to congratulate you for the -2,5 million subscribers!!!! The game did great before you stuck your heads up your asses and changed it!!!

You will never know how the game would be today if it stayed the same because your so full of s**t and scared like little girls for even trying!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FixDestruNow View Post
    Blizzard are so full och s**t!!! In that case I have to congratulate you for the -2,5 million subscribers!!!! The game did great before you stuck your heads up your asses and changed it!!!

You will never know how the game would be today if it stayed the same because your so full of s**t and scared like little girls for even trying!!!
    While all the other MMOs chose a different path and had much more success... oh WAIT, there didn't, they all went F2P and/or died! Makes a lot of sense!
    MMO player

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    While all the other MMOs chose a different path and had much more success... oh WAIT, there didn't, they all went F2P and/or died! Makes a lot of sense!
    And you don´t think WoW will go FTP??? Wake up will you! With this speed WoW will be a FTP game within 1 year!

10+ Year Old Account
    And you don´t think WoW will go FTP??? Wake up will you! With this speed WoW will be a FTP game within 1 year!
    This is not the point. We don't know what would have happened if WoW took a different turn. What we do know however, is all other MMOs (including those who catered to a more hardcore audience such as Rift) failed miserably. So look at it in this way: WoW and EvE online are the two only games still alive in the world of P2P MMOs. What does it tell you about the evolution of the segment?
    MMO player

Deleted
    This is not the point. We don't know what would have happened if WoW took a different turn. What we do know however, is all other MMOs (including those who catered to a more hardcore audience such as Rift) failed miserably. So look at it in this way: WoW and EvE online are the two only games still alive in the world of P2P MMOs. What does it tell you about the evolution of the segment?
    That´s how the game got popular in the first place. Seemed to work pretty good until they changed it??? Why change a winning concept?

10+ Year Old Account
    That´s how the game got popular in the first place. Seemed to work pretty good until they changed it??? Why change a winning concept?
    The game got popular by being more casual than the competition (i.e. EQ2 and Lineage) at release. But the thing is, an MMO cannot be more casual than MOBAs and F2P MMos these days.
    MMO player

Deleted
    The game got popular by being more casual than the competition (i.e. EQ2 and Lineage) at release. But the thing is, an MMO cannot be more casual than MOBAs and F2P MMos these days.
    WoW wasn´t even close to casual in vanilla compared to today. If it already was casual why change it into even more casual than it was then? Imo they took away a winning concept and flushed it down the toilet!

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW wasn´t even close to casual in vanilla compared to today.
    It was more casual than the competition. Which was exactly the point.
    You may ask "well, why not design the game with, say, WOTLK level right from the start. The answer is: because the original devs didn't want to do it. It took BC, SWP, and probably a good quantity of smacks on the devs' heads from Finance to understand why that model was no longer defensible.

If it already was casual why change it into even more casual than it was then?
    Because there was competition which was even more casual (not necessarily on MMO segment). And finally, because there was an evolution in the gamers' mindsets towards more "bite-sized" content games and a more wide variety of them rather than spending months (or even years) on one single game.
    MMO player

10+ Year Old Account
    Diablo III is actually the game that had the most impact on WoW, other MMOs don't really make much of a measurable impact.

Muahahahahahah

My point exactly. A lot of players who left WoW went to other MMOs, but the said MMOs failed to keep them.
    So all those mysterious MMOs catering to hardcores are nothing but a mythical construct. Because no editor in its right mind will publish one, at least on US/EU market (Asia/Japan is more debatable).
    Oh Rift was probably my pick of the bunch, but I loved my pvp on the side when I was still playing WoW, however Rift pvp made no sense to me because there wasn't that great horde/alliance rivalry. I personally stayed the longest with swtor even though most guilds had cleared the only raid content available within weeks of release, because the empire/republic rivalry was the closest I could get to that horde/alliance rivalry and produced some great pvp. I think if Rift had gone with an established IP it'd be huge, but the convoluted story with time travel smeared on top of it had me skipping quest text by level 30.