Bring back weekly raid quests for flex

They worked well in Wotlk because the raids were tuned to be more forgiving than current normal modes and therefore easier to pug. With the introduction of Flex raids perhaps it would be worthwhile to bring it back?

Except Flex is only for Siege of Orgrimmar, while the weekly quest in Wrath was for any one of the raids at that time. I didn't mind the weekly quest inside ToT except for the fact it only rewarded one of those BS satchels, which meant about 30g for the hassle.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the raiding population will be spread even thinner with the addition of yet another difficulty. We don't need even more more incentives to run Flex.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    You mean like ICC weekly quest, or like Dalaran weekly quest?
    If you're talking about Dalaran, I think they were only interesting because there were multiple raids, and it promoted going into different ones. It will be kinda pointless in a single-raid tier.
    And we got a taste of weeklies similar to ICC in ToT trash weekly - though reward was a failbag.
    Old Gods made me do it.

The only issue I had with the Dalaran raid weekly was that there was zero reason to do anything other than the weekly except maybe if it was Jaraxxus (and Marrowgar of course) and even then they usually were done on 25-man as the majority of guilds were 10-man and nobody wanted to be locked out of their weekly ICC. Anything else it was get in there, kill boss ASAP, everyone leaves. Was that really better?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    The only issue I had with the Dalaran raid weekly was that there was zero reason to do anything other than the weekly except maybe if it was Jaraxxus (and Marrowgar of course) and even then they usually were done on 25-man as the majority of guilds were 10-man and nobody wanted to be locked out of their weekly ICC. Anything else it was get in there, kill boss ASAP, everyone leaves. Was that really better?
    I seem to remember more 25's than 10's pre-Cata... So why wouldn't they be locked in 10?
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    I seem to remember more 25's than 10's pre-Cata... So why wouldn't they be locked in 10?
    we still had seperate lockouts then (10 and 25) and most progression guilds seemed to be 10m. so as to not lock yourself out of your group's 10m, you would do the weekly in a 25m.

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    we still had seperate lockouts then (10 and 25) and most progression guilds seemed to be 10m. so as to not lock yourself out of your group's 10m, you would do the weekly in a 25m.
    What are you talking about, any serious progression guild was 25M. 10M guilds were casual.

And if your guild was running a raid anyway, why would you need to run it with a different group for the weekly ? You'd do the weekly as a part of your normal guild run.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmah View Post
    What are you talking about, any serious progression guild was 25M. 10M guilds were casual.

And if your guild was running a raid anyway, why would you need to run it with a different group for the weekly ? You'd do the weekly as a part of your normal guild run.
    I didn't say anything about "serious progression guilds", I said that most people from what I recall in Wrath (meaning most people that I knew, not most people in the game) ran 10s, so we would run the weekly in a 25M so as to not get locked out of our guild run. That usually meant for anything other than Marrowgar, we would pug a 25m, while with Marrowgar we usually got him as part of our weekly 10 or the 25 we'd usually pug the first four bosses at least in.

All of the other raids nobody really bothered to run. Maybe once in a while you'd do ToC if anyone needed something, or try to get in on a 25m ToC for Death's Verdict and similar good stuff, but during the ICC era no guild would bother with say Naxx or Ulduar outside of achievements or just screwing around.

Why bring it back? It's already in TOT.