This is bad! I have no servers open that are NA to create a toon on, SERIOUSLY! /Flips table

Wish SE would read my post on their fourms and open a new server for us to play on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawm View Post
    Pre-ordered the game this saturday, and I haven't received any registration codes, let alone mails other than the pre-order confirmation.
    Don't care about early access, but I'd like to register the game on my account to get it over with.

Are we supposed to receive these codes on launch day or beforehand?
    Not sure if I should contact customer support now or wait until the 27th.
    You should've received a promotional code after pre-ordering in <xxxxx-xxx-xxxxx-xxx> format. You then input this code on the official site; should be a link to go there from the official page. You will then be shown an early access code to be inputted in the client for registration.

This should be the link to enter your promo code and receiving the early access code:
    http://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com/
    Last edited by Knarp; 2013-08-26 at 02:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Square
    Login Limitation After Emergency Maintenance (Aug. 25): Follow-up 4
    As we previously announced, we are continuing to limit the number of logins in order to address the high server load. We are slowly lifting the login restriction, so if you are currently unable to login, please try again at a later time.

Again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that this is causing everyone, but we would like to ask for your continued cooperation to make this a stable environment.
    They just posted this a few minutes ago. This is what they've been saying all day. Its really not helpful at all. I wish they would give us a timeline or something as to when this will get better.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunkman View Post
    I know the game is still under some sort of an NDA, but anyone want to give some general sense of how it is? I'm intrigued by it but if it's just your modern day garden variety MMO experience in the FF world then I'll probably pass. I've certainly enjoyed FF games but I wouldn't say it's my favorite gaming world or anything.
    They have their own twists on crafting classes/jobs leveling and end game. At the end of the day though its still a level>gear>dungeon>gear>Dungeon ect experience.

It is more story driven then most mmos, but it is still a mmo after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im just going to assume I wont be able to create a toon on Ultros anytime soon. greaaaat -_- Hope they at least offer free xfers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunkman View Post
    I know the game is still under some sort of an NDA, but anyone want to give some general sense of how it is? I'm intrigued by it but if it's just your modern day garden variety MMO experience in the FF world then I'll probably pass. I've certainly enjoyed FF games but I wouldn't say it's my favorite gaming world or anything.
    Yeah, pretty much. It has a very old-school vibe, kind of like Vanilla WoW. Slower combat, less buttons. It does have mobs using area effects, putting down colored shapes on the ground to telegraph aoe attacks, so there is a bit more movement than vanilla wow. Non-combat systems are more complicated (maybe unnecessarily?). But it is fun, and the graphics are pretty.

Question for others: what level did you start a secondary class? I'm playing a gladiator, about level 16, and I want to become a paladin. I'm not sure when I should start on the conjurer levels?

Quote Originally Posted by RohanV View Post
    Yeah, pretty much. It has a very old-school vibe, kind of like Vanilla WoW. Slower combat, less buttons. It does have mobs using area effects, putting down colored shapes on the ground to telegraph aoe attacks, so there is a bit more movement than vanilla wow. Non-combat systems are more complicated (maybe unnecessarily?). But it is fun, and the graphics are pretty.

Question for others: what level did you start a secondary class? I'm playing a gladiator, about level 16, and I want to become a paladin. I'm not sure when I should start on the conjurer levels?
    I'd level it as soon as you have access to it, to at least give yourself cure and protect, will make your life a bit easier.

Quote Originally Posted by RohanV View Post

The skills from the conjurer will be helpful to you as you level so getting them early is a good idea. And you also get a bonus to exp you gain as other classes. The difference in the levels gives you a bigger exp bonus. So it shouldnt take very long to get it to 15 for paladin.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I managed to get 1 toon on a NA realm before they all shut down for new toons, however it isn't on the server the rest of my friends are on. Should i try and progress on her in hopes of transfers being available, or just wait since leveling the same thing twice is bleh (starting out as Arcanist)?

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    So I managed to get 1 toon on a NA realm before they all shut down for new toons, however it isn't on the server the rest of my friends are on. Should i try and progress on her in hopes of transfers being available, or just wait since leveling the same thing twice is bleh (starting out as Arcanist)?
    I dunno, on one hand its an ok opportunity to check out other classes that you may not be decided on.

With all the server caps they really should offer free server transfers with exceptions no transfering to very high pop servers, this DOES NOT mean it will actually happen. If it does though I don't think it will happen for at least a month or two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravex View Post
    I dunno, on one hand its an ok opportunity to check out other classes that you may not be decided on.

With all the server caps they really should offer free server transfers with exceptions no transfering to very high pop servers, this DOES NOT mean it will actually happen. If it does though I don't think it will happen for at least a month or two.
    hmm, thats worrying, becasuse i know my friends wouldnt want to pay money to xfer just so i can play with them since Im the only oddball out >.<

Any idea if the toon creaiton being disabled is permanant? I hope not...

hmm, thats worrying, becasuse i know my friends wouldnt want to pay money to xfer just so i can play with them since Im the only oddball out >.<

It won't be permanent. Space will clear up after 2-4 weeks, when people's free time starts to run out. Not everyone will stick around.

Nah, I'm sure it's not permanent. I wanted to make a toon on Behemoth on day 1 Early Access, but it was locked. I was able to make one there last night when they unlocked most of the servers.

Just found this

Q12: Are you planning to have a world transfer service?

A12: As this is a game with world barriers, we will be preparing this service so you can move to the same world as old friends as well as new people you meet and become friends with through the Duty Finder. We plan on starting this fee-based service that will allow you to transfer to the world of your choice around 2-3 weeks after launch. Once we have finalized the details we will be sure to let you know.

Doesn't look free, but it gives you a time frame to work with.

More maintenance at 12am EST
    We will be performing maintenance at the following date and time in order to address login issues being experienced on Worlds hosted on the North American and European datacenter.

During this period, players will be unable to log in to the Worlds listed below.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience.

[Date & Time]
    Aug. 25, 2013 from 9:00 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. (PDT)

Guess try again on 10:30 pm people >_>

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks Ravex! Guess I'll be patient

Can't say I didn't see all of this coming, but I definitely feel for you all. It'd be nice if any game would ever have a smooth launch, but I can't even remember the last one that did. After the fiascos of World of Warcraft, Guild Wars 2, Diablo 3, and Sim City, nothing really phases me anymore, and I just expect every game to be like that for the first week or so.

I am a bit surprised at this particular issue with Final Fantasy though... being down or having server errors during the headstart is one thing, but every server being completely full two days in before the official launch is a bit disturbing. I'm curious to see what fix they have in mind and how this plays out when I get to jump in on Tuesday. Although if every account except the 1.0 players who didn't buy 2.0 already has access (minus the ones who I guess never got a code or couldn't get in for one reason or another), then I wonder how many more people will new people will actually be joining at launch. It may only be a small fraction of the current population.

To everyone in the headstart, best of luck, and hang in there! After playing in the beta phases, I think it'll be worth the wait.
    Last edited by Forumchibi; 2013-08-26 at 03:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitterfly View Post
    Most people are catching on that they should stay logged in since they wont get booted anyway for idleness.

Shows how genius these guys are working behind the scenes.

They kill off queues but also don't force people off (at least as a temporary measure) to allows others on at a more regular pace.

So yes, you're probably better doing something else. I personally am going to go to bed early tonight. Maybe I'll get lucky in the morning before work and get a couple of hours in.
    With how things are going, don't be surprised if you wake up to more maintenance, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knarp View Post
    You should've received a promotional code after pre-ordering in <xxxxx-xxx-xxxxx-xxx> format. You then input this code on the official site; should be a link to go there from the official page. You will then be shown an early access code to be inputted in the client for registration.

This should be the link to enter your promo code and receiving the early access code:
    http://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com/
    Alright.
    I'll contact customer support, then.

Should perhaps have bought the game from GMG or another external shop, as SE is clearly incompetent.

So disappointing that the early access has been this much of a shitshow. I was really hoping they'd have their shit together given how long 1.0 was running, but I guess something as simple as a queue system for your servers is asking too much : /

Yes, I'm totally bitter right now. Even moreso because my friend has yet to be able to actually register his game, and was completely unable to create a character on Ultros during open beta, and it's looking like he may not be able to now either : /

Dear Squeenix, get your fucking shit together, this is embarrassing.