Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MCBGamer View Post
    I will ask the same thing I asked on the interview. Why can we phase Theramore to "further the story" but not Dalaran, Ashenvale, or the Barrens. Really.
    Because Theramore was a major event leading into a new expansion. All they did was take a small area and replace it with an empty crater.

I wonder what % of people actually follow Lore. I know last tier they did a survey and it showed 11%. I hope they do another survey as I have never thought about Lore but I am curious if more or less people follow it now.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Siege of Orgrimmar totally needed Dalaran hovering over Orgrimmar while the Kirin Tor rain hell down upon the Kor'kron. I'm not sure how technically limiting it is, I mean as a background device to make the scene more epic surely they could have had a barebones version of Dalaran above Orgrimmar rather than planting two full cities atop each other?

I'd be happy enough just seeing it there like some kind of monolithic death star above the city.

Also I'm totally gutted that they didn't give at least a Scenario for the purging of the Kor'kron in Undercity in 5.3, it really needed to happen. Time would have much better been spent on it rather than the likes of the Battle of the High Seas scenario.
    Butts.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Because Theramore was a major event leading into a new expansion. All they did was take a small area and replace it with an empty crater.
    its not just that either, the crater already existed, within the Theramore scenario

Changing such zones as Ashenvele will require brand new work on npcs, quests, doodad location. Not exactly the fastest work as evident in Cata.
    Work that could be invested into more gameplay relevant things then freaking leveling zones that were just updated last x-pac

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    The Alliance players attacked a few shopkeepers and imprisoned a few BElfs and their families.
    The Horde got to stage a jailbreak.
    with the end result being Dalaran is now Alliance occupied
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    its not just that either, the crater already existed, within the Theramore scenario

Changing such zones as Ashenvele will require brand new work on npcs, quests, doodad location. Not exactly the fastest work as evident in Cata.
    Work that could be invested into more gameplay relevant things then freaking leveling zones that were just updated last x-pac

- - - Updated - - -

with the end result being Dalaran is now Alliance occupied
    Show me this ingame, not during the quest mind you. My point is it would not take too long to phase for a level 90 Dalaran where the horde area is just either deserted or occupied by alliance. As I said before, I AM NOT MAD, I really couldn't care less, my point is just I think the people who keep asking for the moment are not getting it, I want a high king, thats it, but really, it is not that hard to delete NPCs in a phased area, that is even lazier than Theramore being the entire MoP Launch event. If you disagree with that you are simply lying to yourself.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    My point is it would not take too long to phase for a level 90 Dalaran where the horde area is just either deserted or occupied by alliance.
    and so lvl 90 Horde players just cant go to Dalaran anymore?
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

and so lvl 90 Horde players just cant go to Dalaran anymore?
    Yeah much like how level 90 Alliance players cant go to Theramore anymore (without Chromie, which could also be the same situation in Dalaran like Barrens/Theramore)

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    The whole zone doesn't need it. Literally its removing marauding Horde npcs from Maestra's Post and Raynewood, canning Hellscream's Watch, and returning Silverwind Refuge to the Night Elves. That is *not* a lot of work at all.
    Its more work than you are giving credit for
    And if you do all that what the hell are you supposed to do in the zone? Those areas consist of half the quests in the zone

Its more work than you are giving credit for
    And if you do all that what the hell are you supposed to do in the zone? Those areas consist of half the quests in the zone
    As they did with Theramore you make a Bronze Dragonflight NPC say you can go back in time. It really is not all that hard either, as you say. You really need to only delete NPC Pathing/Patrol Routes, Spawns, and Quest Pickups within the zone, once again, you can take a look at Theramore.

That is the reason that alot of the people are so against the idea that they cant phase these things. It is incredibly easy and visually represents what is going.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Revamp them because the Horde was defeated there in Cataclysm
    they werent defeated there
    Its a stalemate, same with every other neutral/contested zone

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You really need to only delete NPC Pathing/Patrol Routes, Spawns, and Quest Pickups within the zone, once again, you can take a look at Theramore.
    and add completely new ones

- - - Updated - - -

It really isn't that much work. It's a lot of excuse making. ffs what they did to the Vale is like 5 times as much work as this.
    the changes to Vale are the same amount of work you are asking for
    And thats a max level zones, Ashenvele is a 20-30 leveling zone

and add completely new ones
    No? We dont need new ones, we just need to remove the old horde ones. Making it empty. Why is that hard? Or even better instead of getting rid of them replace the horde guards spawns with alliance guard spawns, then all you did was change the model.

When he said they thought up of Dalaran attacking org from the sky as scenery was really cool idea. To bad they decided they didn't do it. What they should have done was have these giant fire balls soar through the sky over the ocean from the Bilgewater cannon and blowing up on a shield surrounding a flying Dalaran on the horizen.

I just wonder how many alliance players will finally acknowledge that this "HORDE FAVORITISM" they claim METZEN keot in MoP, is like a punch in the faces of their own faction developers.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's symbolically more important than its level range signifies.
    which dsnt matter
    Gameplay > lore
    Changing leveling zones had revelance when it was done, and how it hardly does. A gap in the quality of leveling content is hardly large, considering it only done last x-pac

15+ Year Old Account
    Kosak said it was too much work putting an entire city floating over Orgrimmar, but I think Alliance players would be happy with it just looming ominously over Org with bolts of lightning being fired down from it just as Naxxramas loomed over Stratholme.
    He also said it made the encounter look too sci-fi, rather than being a brute force seige, which is the look they were going for.

which dsnt matter
    Gameplay > lore
    Changing leveling zones had revelance when it was done, and how it hardly does. A gap in the quality of leveling content is hardly large, considering it only done last x-pac
    I agree with this quote, Gameplay > lore, only what, 11% of us care about lore at all anyway :P

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    No? We dont need new ones, we just need to remove the old horde ones. Making it empty. .
    so make changes to a zone for literally no reason?

so make changes to a zone for literally no reason?
    No, just to shut the people up who keep claiming "HORDE FAVORITISM", Theramore is also empty now, they did that for "no reason" too.
    Last edited by Paula Deen; 2013-08-26 at 05:09 AM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    but one only seen if you 1) play Alliance 2) read the quest dialogue 3) follow the lore.
    so your making the assumption that none of those apply to me?
    The Alliance halt various Horde attacks and make counter-attacks of their own - that hardly consitutes as the Horde being pushed out of the whole dam forest

- - - Updated - - -

There is no gameplay lost redistributing Horde quests to other similar zones to make up for their loss in Ashenvale.
    da faq kinda suggestion is that?
    Ashenvele is a neutral zone, not an Alliance zone

- - - Updated - - -

It will be effectively 2 expansions old when 6.0 comes out, which is not too far.
    they wont be re-vamping old content any time soon