Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Permanent bans from the forums can be lifted

To anyone out there who has been banned from the WoW forums: I've been lifetime banned twice - once was on the old forums, but they pardoned everyone when they transitioned to the new ones, and one was a year and a half ago on the new forums, for something pretty trivial but I won't get into it.
    Anyway, one year and a half later I petitioned them, and got my answer this morning, so don't despair, and good luck:

"From:
    Sent: Friday, August 09, 2013 4:12 PM
    To: wowreportedpost@blizzard.com
    Subject: Forum ban appeal

Hello,

I'm writing to you to appeal my permanent forum ban from the World of Warcraft forums. The last message I posted went out of line as I tend to do sometimes, but if the ban were lifted I would refrain hereon to ever break the forum discussion rules again.

I am a 6 year WoW player and I know many people throughout the game, and I would like to be able to discuss with them on the forums and do pertain in other World of Warcraft related discussions again.

Thank you"

Response:

"From: wowreportedpost@blizzard.com
    To:
    Subject: RE: Forum ban appeal
    Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 23:02:51 +0000

After reviewing the account's record of forum violations, we have decided to allow the account another opportunity to post on the official forums. The account's posting privileges will be reestablished and should be able to post on the forums in a few hours.

Please note that this account is considered to be on FINAL WARNING and any further violations of the Code of Conduct may result in a permanent suspension.

Blizzard Entertainment reserves the right to suspend access to these forums at any time for reasons that include, but are not necessarily limited to, repeated failure to abide by the Community Code of Conduct. We regret to implement such severe action, but at times it is necessary to maintain a positive forum environment. We ask that you familiarize yourself with the forum code of conduct to avoid prevent future violations.

Community Code of Conduct
    http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct

- The Forum Moderation Team
    Vr-262a6"

Worked for me thanks. Emailed them the day this thread was created and got mailed back 2 days ago saying I was unbanned and that I was on final chance again.

Really, thank you for sharing this information. I'm finally able to post on the main forums after not being able to sometime after Cata's release.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    I was permabanned before they changed the forums for cata. After it was all cleared with the change I had already moved on to this (much better) site. Just my random 2 cents, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    I was permabanned before they changed the forums for cata. After it was all cleared with the change I had already moved on to this (much better) site. Just my random 2 cents, lol.
    Oh I agree this site is much better, at times, but I do love discussions on forums (hence my post count) so this makes me really happy to be unbanned.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The trolling is so much stronger there that I am happy not to deal with it.

I was banned permanently and sent them a message and got them to lift it. They sent me a message when they lifted it saying that if I get banned again it will never be lifted.

I am now banned again from there and I doubt they would lift it again. It's so easy to get banned there. What am I supposed to do? Not call out stupid people?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    I was banned permanently and sent them a message and got them to lift it. They sent me a message when they lifted it saying that if I get banned again it will never be lifted.

I am now banned again from there and I doubt they would lift it again. It's so easy to get banned there. What am I supposed to do? Not call out stupid people?
    It's a forum for "some" fans of the game, not "whatever fans want to participate," and whenever "some" fans get banned there are always "some more" to take their place.

Blizzard doesn't really care how many people get permabanned and it's not in any way detrimental to the running of the site for pretty much everyone to be permabanned as long as there are new arrivals.

There's no effective moderation here. Here, the same topic can be created 5 times a day, and no one gives a shit.

Only the immature would complain how Blizzard keeps their forums clean and manageable. Learn how to talk in a public forum.
    Last edited by ablib; 2013-08-26 at 04:14 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    There's no effective moderation here. Here, the same topic can be created 5 times a day, and no one gives a shit.

Only the immature would complain how Blizzard keeps their forums, clean and manageable.
    The level of 4chan/ED meme-ery and "this" and all that bullshit on the "official" forums is hugely higher than it is here. But, nice troll and all.

Really? They are ACTUALLY lifting? I was perma-banned for a 24-hour violation, which was even debatable if I was the victim or the perpetrator of trolling, because I was just saying I was ignoring everyone that was attacking me. For pointing yet another design fail in hunters at the time.

My appeals probably fell on the hands of the same stupid moderator that banned me, which she promptly denied.In fact It seems that one of the people attacking me was even a second account from that same moderator, together with her flamer friends, and stopping to answer to their flames pissed off her.

All that Blizzard did was to remove that moderator to the Diablo 3 section, where she could work with her species.

Seems that the loss of subscriptions made them watch more closely the high-school bullies behavior of their US-English forum moderators. And honestly, comparing to their other languages, and their European employees, MOST of them are really bad at their jobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep I've been banned, long time ago and messaged them saying sorry (and I was) got drunk and raged about some stupid shit lol.

PS: never visit any forum while drunk. In fact, don't drink. Alcohol is ze devil.

Jeez.. I've at least posted over 1000 times on the official forums and have never received a single ban of any sort.
    You guys need to start using restraint..

10+ Year Old Account
    It's so easy to get banned there. What am I supposed to do? Not call out stupid people?
    Yes, exactly that.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Weightlifter View Post
    Do they even lift?
    Yes, if you take your time and wait some weeks for hopefully more level-headed moderator to check and see the one perma-banning you was just overreacting, or in my case overreacting AND applying the WRONG punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    Jeez.. I've at least posted over 1000 times on the official forums and have never received a single ban of any sort.
    You guys need to start using restraint..
    Yeah.... Everything people post in "the Internets" is automatically true. I'm 100% believing in you, and you deserve this moral lifting because, of course, you act so much better than everyone else and everything everyone got was deserved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    There's no effective moderation here.
    Questions or comments about moderation should be the subject of a PM to Sunshine, not the subject of a post in GenD.

For everyone else, just stick with the topic--which is news to me--and let the site admins here know if you have any issues with moderation. That especially includes anyone inclined to respond to this post. Send me a PM if you want me to know something.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    What am I supposed to do? Not call out stupid people?
    Well, you could follow the forum code of conduct that you agreed to abide by before being able to post there in the first place.

http://battle.net/community/conduct
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah.... Everything people post in "the Internets" is automatically true. I'm 100% believing in you, and you deserve this moral lifting because of course, you act so much better than everyone else e everything was deserved.
    I'd believe him over people on MMO-Champion. Sorry but MMO-Champion nor the WoW Forums are angels.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

So you complain about being banned when you act like a retard? Some people....

Pro tip: Don't use the official forums, they are very shit for discussion since every casual nubcake goes there to QQ that X class killed them in PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    So you complain about being banned when you act like a retard? Some people....

Pro tip: Don't use the official forums, they are very shit for discussion since every casual nubcake goes there to QQ that X class killed them in PvP.
    What does being Casual have to do with doing *QQ*?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi