Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by scvd View Post
    Quoting for when at least some of it is real.
    Quoting for when he got the expansion name right and then people will claim he was right about most of the stuff... since TBC.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    Which I get, but now you and others are saying "hey, it's not that anonymous guy who posted the bogus MoP info, it's that other guy who posted the (kinda) right (ish) info on the previous expacs" without providing links to dated posts where we can determine the eventual veracity on his previous leaks. In other words, this is no different to the countless others fan fiction speculations about the next expansion.
    I mean, I'm supposed to take your word as another complete stranger to me that he is legit or what? On what basis is the "leak" a "leak" and not wishful thinking? If someone could a link to a post dated before their announcement where he informs us of ANY other expansion's details where we can measure it's eventual veracity to the finished product that would be grand. Shouldn't be too hard seeing as how he been "on the nail since TBC".
    I didn't say the Dark Below 'leak' was genuine, I'm saying that it's two different guys behind the two 'leaks'.

As for the bolded part, it has also been already said in this thread that it is highly unlikely that the claim of the TDB leaker being right since TBC can be substantiated due to 4chan's rule on wiping threads that aren't maintaining interest. So unless someone, somewhere managed to save those previous leaks, one of the archive sites has it or someone can contact said leaker and see if he still has the original leaks, it cannot be proven.

I know i'm coming off as a firm believer of this 'leak' but I honestly don't think this is going to happen, I just think that this is the only idea currently being batted around worth discussing.
    Last edited by mmoc7427b70b47; 2013-08-26 at 10:49 AM.

i really hope some of this is true. even if i don't look forward to 10 levels, having so many new zones again will be nice. it seems like they're not adding in a new race/class so that they can focus more on content? this would let the artist team focus on the updated models some more as well.. so there's definitely some logic in this leak

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    blizzard have stated in the past that the last boss of wow gonna be Sargeras and the last level will be 100. So this "leak" cant be right at all.

If next gonna be a maelstrom/azshara expansion. max lvl will be 95.

I personaly think that we will get 2 new xpacs now that titan was delayed
    What are you talking about? They never said any of that.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aljung View Post
    Remember that Blizzard almost released a different expansion instead of MOP. Perhaps this would have been that expansion.
    I can vouch for this, I remember reading that Cataclysm was only 5 levels because it wasn't truly a 'full' expansion in its own right (storyline-wise) and that the expansion that would follow it (levels 85-90) was supposed to be a Part 2 to the Cataclysm storyline, with Azshara and N'Zoth finally being dealt with.

Supposedly it was scrapped/held for a later time because of the failure that Cataclysm was storyline-wise and gameplay wise, and so the developers felt that players would enjoy it if they brought WoW back to its roots in a slightly unconventional way by having the following expansion be 'Mists of Pandaria', which would bring back the excitement of exploring a whole new continent and put the 'War' back into 'Warcraft', two things which players had been complaining were missing from Cataclysm.

The two expansions (MoP and The Dark Below) were easily interchangeable as MoP was supposed to be a kind of 'break' storyline-wise and would allow for the world of Azeroth to recharge from the numerous antagonists attempting to destroy the world/take it over. This would allow for MoP to be able to be placed in between any two expansions with ease as the expansion itself would allow for flexibility in the lore timeline. Try think of a time in-which MoP couldn't be deployed in-between two other expansions (the options being TBC, WOTLK, Cata, The Dark Below, future expansions).

In theory, MoP could have been the expansion they were keeping up their sleeves incase they ever felt the lore needed a cool down session before things got big, and thus MoP could have been deployed after the Dark Below expansion in order to prepare for the possible Burning Legion expansion (though this is just speculation).

Quote Originally Posted by scvd View Post
    Quoting for when at least some of it is real.
    It's not exactly rocket surgery to spend an afternoon compiling a list of things relevant to an expansion pack to wow when you are given the title of it. Then when any official announcement is made to make a few hits to legitimize your entire post. Psychics like john edwards have been using this technique to make people believe he talks to their dead relatives. Perhaps you've played whack-a-mole before?
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2013-08-26 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vedrenne View Post
    Except, for the umpteenth time in this thread, that leak was not made by the same guy behind this leak.

- - - Updated - - -

Different poster was behind the MoP 'leak'.

- - - Updated - - -

Different guy.
    show us proof it wasnt the same guy
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I didn't say the Dark Below 'leak' was genuine, I'm saying that it's two different guys behind the two 'leaks'.
    And we're asking where is this mythical other leak people keep talking about?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Annnnnnnd... source?
    Here you go, closest I could find: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...most-never-was

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    Page 7, Post 121 of this thread.

- - - Updated - - -

And we're asking where is this mythical other leak people keep talking about?
    Which one? The ones for WotLK, TBC and Cata? It has also been already said in this thread that it is highly unlikely that the claim of the TDB leaker being right since TBC can be substantiated due to 4chan's rule on wiping threads that aren't maintaining interest. So unless someone, somewhere managed to save those previous leaks, one of the archive sites has it or someone can contact said leaker and see if he still has the original leaks, it cannot be proven.

I know i'm coming off as a firm believer of this 'leak' but I honestly don't think this is going to happen, I just think that this is the only idea currently being batted around worth discussing.

4th spec means it's definitely fake, although the rest of the ideas are nice

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Masser View Post
    seriously, this guy has no fucking clue.
    and you do, yes? seriously. no one cares about your clues ^^

Deleted
    Two guys. One guy. Three guys and a dead parrot. Five ninjas sitting behind one keyboard. It doesn't really matter how many people are out there "leaking", when we don't know who they are or can verify their previous "leaks" it's all just a big smorgasbord of fan-fiction. I don't care how many guys are "leaking" when it's all BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    You said they were working on a different expansion, that link says they scrapped the idea before they even started working on it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    The 'leak' said NO 4th spec.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Yes, it's fake like his MOP and Cata predictions. Though it clearly says NO 4th spec, not that there will be a 4th spec.

You said they were working on a different expansion, that link says they scrapped the idea before they even started working on it.
    My bad then, it's been almost a year since I saw that interview. Though even when scrapping an idea, some work has already been done on concepts so the team can go through them and see how much potential they have.
    Last edited by Kuja; 2013-08-26 at 10:56 AM.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Debating doesn't work that way. The burden of proof is on the first claim. The OP claimed that this is by the same guy. The burden of proof is on him, (and anyone that shares his viewpoint) to back up that claim. The burden of proof is not on everyone else to prove you wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    Two guys. One guy. Three guys and a dead parrot. Five ninjas sitting behind one keyboard. It doesn't really matter how many people are out there "leaking", when we don't know who they are or can verify their previous "leaks" it's all just a big smorgasbord of fan-fiction. I don't care how many guys are "leaking" when it's all BS.
    Except the MoP 'leak' that has been banded about all through this thread has been claimed by a poster in this thread, as i've said many times.

Page 7, Post 121 of this thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Which one? The ones for WotLK, TBC and Cata? It has also been already said in this thread that it is highly unlikely that the claim of the TDB leaker being right since TBC can be substantiated due to 4chan's rule on wiping threads that aren't maintaining interest. So unless someone, somewhere managed to save those previous leaks, one of the archive sites has it or someone can contact said leaker and see if he still has the original leaks, it cannot be proven.

still doesnt provide any proof of former leaks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Debating doesn't work that way. The burden of proof is on the first claim. The OP claimed that this is by the same guy. The burden of proof is on him, (and anyone that shares his viewpoint) to back up that claim. The burden of proof is not on everyone else to prove you wrong.
    still no proof for anything in this thread
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    still doesnt provide any proof of former leaks
    As I've said, "The ones for WotLK, TBC and Cata? It has also been already said in this thread that it is highly unlikely that the claim of the TDB leaker being right since TBC can be substantiated due to 4chan's rule on wiping threads that aren't maintaining interest. So unless someone, somewhere managed to save those previous leaks, one of the archive sites has it or someone can contact said leaker and see if he still has the original leaks, it cannot be proven.".

The other MoP 'leak', the one where only the title was correct, with kvaldir fighting naga, has been claimed, in this thread, by a poster.